Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No massive surprise 08:35 - Apr 14 with 8083 viewsCamdenDale

From the Guardian:

http://tinyurl.com/qednkhb
No massive surprise on 08:40 - Apr 14 with 5673 viewselectricblue

Entertaining read.......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

No massive surprise on 09:27 - Apr 14 with 5567 viewsdownunder

No massive surprise on 08:40 - Apr 14 by electricblue

Entertaining read.......

Any publicity is good publicity...
No massive surprise on 10:48 - Apr 14 with 5457 viewsfermin

A somewhat bizarre comment below the article:

'Most Rochdale fans I know are agin promotion, as it costs money, not least for them. Travelling to far away grounds holds little appeal.

As a Rochdale-born Utd fan resident in Bristol, I shall be at the Gassers game next Monday, cheering the Dale on. Mates to meet, pies to eat, and promotion. What's not to like?'

He must know some very odd Rochdale fans. They must also have a rather tenuous grasp of geography.
No massive surprise on 10:58 - Apr 14 with 5424 viewsTVOS1907

No massive surprise on 10:48 - Apr 14 by fermin

A somewhat bizarre comment below the article:

'Most Rochdale fans I know are agin promotion, as it costs money, not least for them. Travelling to far away grounds holds little appeal.

As a Rochdale-born Utd fan resident in Bristol, I shall be at the Gassers game next Monday, cheering the Dale on. Mates to meet, pies to eat, and promotion. What's not to like?'

He must know some very odd Rochdale fans. They must also have a rather tenuous grasp of geography.

Or on life!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

No massive surprise on 18:57 - Apr 14 with 5091 viewsColDale

Poor woe is me follow up from an Arsenal fan
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the-filter/10765639/Rochdale-fans-are-lucky.-They
No massive surprise on 19:35 - Apr 14 with 4994 viewsDaley_Lama

No massive surprise on 18:57 - Apr 14 by ColDale

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the-filter/10765639/Rochdale-fans-are-lucky.-They

Hope is worse than disappointment.

Is no hope worse than hope? For that was my entire childhood and adolescence as it was for many on here.

Walk a mile in these hobnails matey.

Poll: DF in or out

No massive surprise on 19:44 - Apr 14 with 4978 viewsrobbowood

No massive surprise on 18:57 - Apr 14 by ColDale

"Rochdale fans are lucky. They should try supporting Arsenal"

I suspect if we were to swop the two teams the Arsenal fan would soon change his opinion

He doesn't realise how lucky he is - but then most Premiership fans (especially those like Arsenal who have only ever seen Premiership football) haven't a clue what supporting teams in the lower divisions is all about
No massive surprise on 20:06 - Apr 14 with 4938 viewsBrighouseDale

I couldn't be happier being a Rochdale supporter, even when we're crap. Wouldn't swap it for anything / club in the world.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Login to get fewer ads

No massive surprise on 20:07 - Apr 14 with 4938 viewsDaley_Lama

No massive surprise on 19:44 - Apr 14 by robbowood

"Rochdale fans are lucky. They should try supporting Arsenal"

I suspect if we were to swop the two teams the Arsenal fan would soon change his opinion

He doesn't realise how lucky he is - but then most Premiership fans (especially those like Arsenal who have only ever seen Premiership football) haven't a clue what supporting teams in the lower divisions is all about

When I asked Ed whether having no hope is better than having hope via twitter, he informed me that no hope is relaxing.

I think he doesn't quite get life as a lower league fan. drifting from fear of relegation to certainty that your best players will be poached every single time.

No massive surprise on 20:56 - Apr 14 with 4869 viewsDomDale

No massive surprise on 20:06 - Apr 14 by BrighouseDale

I couldn't be happier being a Rochdale supporter, even when we're crap. Wouldn't swap it for anything / club in the world.

This.

I work with people from all over the UK and Ireland who mainly support Man United or Liverpool regardless of their origin or actual attendance of games. The first conversations when I started were about football... "Rochdale? But why??"

Well I couldn't imagine anything else. Having a stale environment in a pub full of knobs who pretend to be *MASSIVE* fans of United/Liverpool/City/Arsenal or whoever is doing well this season just isn't my bag. I've been to watch live premier league footy & european footie but I just don't get the same buzz I do when watching my local team play.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

No massive surprise on 21:10 - Apr 14 with 4830 viewsTalkingSutty

No massive surprise on 20:07 - Apr 14 by Daley_Lama

When I asked Ed whether having no hope is better than having hope via twitter, he informed me that no hope is relaxing.

I think he doesn't quite get life as a lower league fan. drifting from fear of relegation to certainty that your best players will be poached every single time.

That's the problem with these Premiership plastic glory hunters, they actually think they know how true football fans feel. They don't even comprehend that lower league supporters are every bit as passionate as those loyal supporters of teams like Man Utd/Liverpool/ Chelsea etc.

Those who pull their Premiership football shirts on and proudly strut down to the pub to watch their team of choice aren't worth commenting on and their opinions count for nothing. Once they walk the walk and follow their teams through thick and thin shelling out hard earned dosh they can be classed as true fans until then they cant even be classed as fans.
No massive surprise on 21:11 - Apr 14 with 4825 viewsrobbowood

Absolutely

All the money in the world wouldn't get me to support any other club. But when we do have a 'bit of success' (even though we know it's most likely not going to last all that long) makes it all the better. I've been watching since 1986 and when you look at the ground then and the facilities we have now it's incredible how we've managed it on such low crowds

Simon Nye, lead writer of new ITV sitcom Warren United, commissioned the study and said: 'Football is supposed to be the glory game.

'But for most fans it's more about grief, pain and chronic disappointment. Rochdale fans have followed their club through thin and thinner.'
No massive surprise on 21:21 - Apr 14 with 4799 viewsDevonDale

Exactly - it's not really something you can put into words, but it's my team and always will be.
No massive surprise on 21:35 - Apr 14 with 4775 viewsBrighouseDale

No massive surprise on 21:11 - Apr 14 by robbowood

Absolutely

All the money in the world wouldn't get me to support any other club. But when we do have a 'bit of success' (even though we know it's most likely not going to last all that long) makes it all the better. I've been watching since 1986 and when you look at the ground then and the facilities we have now it's incredible how we've managed it on such low crowds

Simon Nye, lead writer of new ITV sitcom Warren United, commissioned the study and said: 'Football is supposed to be the glory game.

'But for most fans it's more about grief, pain and chronic disappointment. Rochdale fans have followed their club through thin and thinner.'

Love that quote at the end, I'm jolly well posting that on Facebook.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

No massive surprise on 22:06 - Apr 14 with 4737 viewssandylaner1

No massive surprise on 21:10 - Apr 14 by TalkingSutty

That's the problem with these Premiership plastic glory hunters, they actually think they know how true football fans feel. They don't even comprehend that lower league supporters are every bit as passionate as those loyal supporters of teams like Man Utd/Liverpool/ Chelsea etc.

Those who pull their Premiership football shirts on and proudly strut down to the pub to watch their team of choice aren't worth commenting on and their opinions count for nothing. Once they walk the walk and follow their teams through thick and thin shelling out hard earned dosh they can be classed as true fans until then they cant even be classed as fans.

this x1000
No massive surprise on 13:56 - Apr 16 with 4387 viewsDale_Pea

http://www.mancunianmatters.co.uk/content/160468613-rochdale-fans-hit-back-longe

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

No massive surprise on 14:08 - Apr 16 with 4359 viewsColDale

No massive surprise on 13:56 - Apr 16 by Dale_Pea

http://www.mancunianmatters.co.uk/content/160468613-rochdale-fans-hit-back-longe

that last fan is a cheery soul
No massive surprise on 14:11 - Apr 16 with 4342 viewsSalwaDale

No massive surprise on 14:08 - Apr 16 by ColDale

You'd have expected an electrician to be a bit more sparky.

Sorry.

TBBT

No massive surprise on 14:15 - Apr 16 with 4337 viewsFrog

Did they only interview children for that report, the oldest being 23?
No massive surprise on 14:31 - Apr 16 with 4318 viewsTVOS1907

No massive surprise on 14:08 - Apr 16 by ColDale

Is he electricblue?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

No massive surprise on 16:14 - Apr 16 with 4252 viewsDaley_Lama

No massive surprise on 14:15 - Apr 16 by Frog

23?

In dog years that makes one of them 161

They might even be able to remember the #obsessed cup wins.

No massive surprise on 16:26 - Apr 16 with 4232 viewsmacro

Lower league football is proper football far more enjoyable than the prima donners in the prem
No massive surprise on 16:35 - Apr 16 with 4210 viewspioneer

No massive surprise on 21:35 - Apr 14 by BrighouseDale

Love that quote at the end, I'm jolly well posting that on Facebook.

As someone once said - at Rochdale you don't take things too seriously - after all, you lose some, you draw some.
No massive surprise on 18:09 - Apr 16 with 4123 viewsDale_Pea

No massive surprise on 14:15 - Apr 16 by Frog

Last I checked, children aren't 23.

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

No massive surprise on 18:16 - Apr 16 with 4102 viewsKenBoon

Am I being a tosser, or have the last 15 years been pretty good for us. We've had good times under Parkin and Hill. We've seen plenty of really good Players put on the Dale shirt. Players who've we've helped along their career rather than them arrive as they're winding down. We've had that Promotion. We've won at some big grounds. We've competed for titles and we've generally played good Football. Obviously when compiling such lists one must take into account all those memorable seasons in the 1920s and cup wins in the 1800's. But for those of us who's only memory pre-1999 is Geri Halliwell's Union Flag dress it's been pretty good as a Dale fan.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024