Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Rose 15:59 - Apr 18 with 5741 viewssweetcorn

I've once stated that michael rose isnt a centre midfielder as long as I have a hole in my arse.

I now realise I made a real mistake and apologise for the comment. michael rose isnt a professional footballer as long as I have a hole in my arse.

That is all.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2014 16:00]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Michael Rose on 18:54 - Apr 19 with 1169 viewsDale_Mike

Michael Rose on 18:39 - Apr 19 by paulscho

I would be tempted to put Rose back to Full back and play Matty Done in a more forward roll .

I wouldn't mind seeing that either but then where do you fit Henderson in? Assuming Allen plays central of the three that means no Vincenti and playing Hendo on the right.

If Hogans injury is as serious as it looked then we need to be set up to get the best out of Henderson and Jamie Allen as they are our biggest goal threat along with Lund.

By the sounds of things Done maybe struggling fitness wise anyway so Rose in at left back if that is the case.
Michael Rose on 19:08 - Apr 19 with 1139 viewsTalkingSutty

Michael Rose on 18:54 - Apr 19 by Dale_Mike

I wouldn't mind seeing that either but then where do you fit Henderson in? Assuming Allen plays central of the three that means no Vincenti and playing Hendo on the right.

If Hogans injury is as serious as it looked then we need to be set up to get the best out of Henderson and Jamie Allen as they are our biggest goal threat along with Lund.

By the sounds of things Done maybe struggling fitness wise anyway so Rose in at left back if that is the case.

You highlighting our scoring threats, none of whome are strikers is a very poor reflection of Donnelly and Cummings. I know some recoil in horror at the thought of someone criticising Hilly but those two should have been replaced a long time ago.

Fleetwood loaned Ian Hulme from Preston last month a player whose wages we could have afforded until the end of the season, he is the type of player we should have brought in and at the moment is the star man at Fleetwood.

Relying on your midfield players to keep bailing you out is a dangerous game, we have been short up front all season and are now left with only the very raw Bunny as a genuine threat, neither Donnelly or Cummings can be relied on.
Michael Rose on 20:02 - Apr 19 with 1066 viewsTVOS1907

Michael Rose on 19:08 - Apr 19 by TalkingSutty

You highlighting our scoring threats, none of whome are strikers is a very poor reflection of Donnelly and Cummings. I know some recoil in horror at the thought of someone criticising Hilly but those two should have been replaced a long time ago.

Fleetwood loaned Ian Hulme from Preston last month a player whose wages we could have afforded until the end of the season, he is the type of player we should have brought in and at the moment is the star man at Fleetwood.

Relying on your midfield players to keep bailing you out is a dangerous game, we have been short up front all season and are now left with only the very raw Bunny as a genuine threat, neither Donnelly or Cummings can be relied on.

I very much doubt we could afford half of Hume's wages!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Michael Rose on 20:19 - Apr 19 with 1036 viewsTalkingSutty

Michael Rose on 20:02 - Apr 19 by TVOS1907

Seriously, not even for 2 months bearing in mind Hilly hasnt spent his budget ? Sorry, i dont believe that, Hulme wasnt catching Prestons first team, his wages might be higher than league 2 standard but for a couple of months i dont believe we couldnt have afforded it as a one off.

In our promotion season we pushed the boat on in the second half of the season when bringing in COG,it proved the difference.
Michael Rose on 20:19 - Apr 19 with 1032 viewsisitme

Michael Rose on 20:02 - Apr 19 by TVOS1907

Hume is on £8,000 a week at PNE. Not sure how much of that Fleetwood are paying.

Preston reduced their losses from £8 million last year to £6 million this year. If only we had a chairman who could afford to bank roll us to the tune of £14 million these past two years.

I do agree with the sentiment of bringing in another striker, although our form until recently has masked deficiencies in these areas. I couldn't understand at the time why Cummins was keep till the end of the season.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2014 20:24]
Michael Rose on 20:25 - Apr 19 with 1012 viewsDale_Mike

Michael Rose on 19:08 - Apr 19 by TalkingSutty

A very poor reflection - only 4 goals a piece for those two.

Cummins showed a brief up turn in form prior to the loan extension but has been a big disappointment since especially considering he is on loan from a relatively big league 1 club.

For a brief period at the back end of last season George looked like a man reborn, running himself into the ground and causing all sorts of problems for the opposition. For the vast majority of this season however he has reverted to type, the endeavor that makes him effective has disappeared. Only really looked half decent coming off the bench and to be fair has made a few important contributions eg cheltenham away / Northampton & Burton at home, but you are right he can't be relied upon.

It is a shame Bobby Grant didn't fancy sticking around as we may have been home and hosed by now if he had. I know there are questions marks over his character but he was a quality player at this level.

Hulme looked a clever player when he played against and it's a good job he wasn't quite on the same wavelength as his teammates. If he hadn't only just pitched up at Fleetwood it could have been a different story. Rightly or wrongly I don't think Hill made any enquiries about bringing any additional strikers but I doubt we could have competed with Fleetwood for this one.

I think that the system that we play demands a big goal contribution from your attacking midfielders in the same way that Hazard / Oscar / Willian all chip in at Chelsea.

Nobody should be free of criticism as long as it is valid / constructive and not an OTT knee jerk reaction. All I know is that we are in this position (on the verge of promotion) because of Hilly and not in spite of him.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2014 20:29]
Michael Rose on 20:27 - Apr 19 with 1001 views442Dale

Thing is, it's all hindsight. After Hogan got injured at Bury there was an initial reaction from fans to get someone in. We didn't and went in a great run. What if we had brought a striker in who sat on the bench or didn't produce? It would have caused problems in itself.

Hill put his trust in the players and they responded. In fact, Hogan's return wasn't even given much thought after that win v Pompey; it was seen as a possible bonus but not essential.

It's all ifs, buts and maybes but the real decision about getting another striker in was one that was made in January when we extended Cummins' deal. And at the time he was playing well enough to justify it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Michael Rose on 20:56 - Apr 19 with 964 viewsstuartcryer

we need to keep players playing in their own positions ie rose at left back bunney at center forward done in midfield.

wardle blue

Login to get fewer ads

Michael Rose on 21:13 - Apr 19 with 934 viewsTalkingSutty

Michael Rose on 20:27 - Apr 19 by 442Dale

Thing is, it's all hindsight. After Hogan got injured at Bury there was an initial reaction from fans to get someone in. We didn't and went in a great run. What if we had brought a striker in who sat on the bench or didn't produce? It would have caused problems in itself.

Hill put his trust in the players and they responded. In fact, Hogan's return wasn't even given much thought after that win v Pompey; it was seen as a possible bonus but not essential.

It's all ifs, buts and maybes but the real decision about getting another striker in was one that was made in January when we extended Cummins' deal. And at the time he was playing well enough to justify it.

I cant ever recall a period when Cummings proved that he was worthy of keeping until the end of the season, when did this run of form happen?

I am the first to agree that Hilly has done a great job this season but putting his faith in Donnelly and Cummings hasnt worked out . Very few goals from your back up forwards coupled with none from your centre halves puts a lot of pressure on your midfielders to keep scoring.

The two players mentioned have been weak links all season and its been mentioned plenty of times by others on this forum, lets hope they repay Hillys loyalty over the next few games because its about time they stepped up to the plate.
Michael Rose on 21:16 - Apr 19 with 926 viewsstuartcryer

do not protect our back four and attack

wardle blue

Michael Rose on 21:21 - Apr 19 with 915 views442Dale

Michael Rose on 21:13 - Apr 19 by TalkingSutty

I cant ever recall a period when Cummings proved that he was worthy of keeping until the end of the season, when did this run of form happen?

I am the first to agree that Hilly has done a great job this season but putting his faith in Donnelly and Cummings hasnt worked out . Very few goals from your back up forwards coupled with none from your centre halves puts a lot of pressure on your midfielders to keep scoring.

The two players mentioned have been weak links all season and its been mentioned plenty of times by others on this forum, lets hope they repay Hillys loyalty over the next few games because its about time they stepped up to the plate.

He had a good festive period. Played well in the wins v Mansfield & Bristol Rovers, his loan was then extended on New Year's Eve (just checked the date, thought it was a week or so later). Performances earnt him another deal.

He's not been that great since, but he'd done a decent job in the first half of the season with his ability to play as a link man up front. His own limitations are often exacerbated by the fact that Donnelly is often seen as his alternative and they get lumped together as a pair. For Cummins see Lee Thorpe.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Michael Rose on 21:32 - Apr 19 with 897 viewsolympicdale

As has been stated before, we have got very lucky that Hogan has been as big a success as he has been, his understanding with Henderson is one of the main reasons of our success, from an early stage it was clear that Hogan was a class act, and the players gained confidence from him being in the team, quickly becoming a talisman. I would like to think that had it not worked out with Hogan than Hill would have delved into the loan market for a striker, hence the reason why he did not spend his entire budget. Perhaps.

Life is a game of fate.

Michael Rose on 21:37 - Apr 19 with 889 viewsstuartcryer

Michael Rose on 21:16 - Apr 19 by stuartcryer

do not protect our back four and attack

this as been edited i did not say that what i said was bring done in more attacking for last three games we dont need to protect our back four

wardle blue

Michael Rose on 21:43 - Apr 19 with 875 viewsTalkingSutty

Michael Rose on 21:21 - Apr 19 by 442Dale

He had a good festive period. Played well in the wins v Mansfield & Bristol Rovers, his loan was then extended on New Year's Eve (just checked the date, thought it was a week or so later). Performances earnt him another deal.

He's not been that great since, but he'd done a decent job in the first half of the season with his ability to play as a link man up front. His own limitations are often exacerbated by the fact that Donnelly is often seen as his alternative and they get lumped together as a pair. For Cummins see Lee Thorpe.

Disagree, i actually prefer George to Cummings, at least he shows endeavour at times.
Michael Rose on 21:48 - Apr 19 with 852 viewsstuartcryer

endeavour please explain cant score does not put the opposition under any defensive pressure ok he closes down good and he runs well please explain that as well george is not football league class sorry i wish he was

wardle blue

Michael Rose on 21:48 - Apr 19 with 810 viewsolympicdale

Michael Rose on 21:43 - Apr 19 by TalkingSutty

Disagree, i actually prefer George to Cummings, at least he shows endeavour at times.

Cummings though is intelligent enough to try link up play with players running beyond him, Georgie simply runs, doesn't have the footballing brain.

Life is a game of fate.

Michael Rose on 22:04 - Apr 19 with 786 viewsTalkingSutty

Michael Rose on 21:48 - Apr 19 by stuartcryer

endeavour please explain cant score does not put the opposition under any defensive pressure ok he closes down good and he runs well please explain that as well george is not football league class sorry i wish he was

When he turns up he does unsettle defenders and is capable of scoring a few more goals than Cummings seems to be. I have never said that they are up to the job just that i prefer George to Cumnings. He shows more endeavour...as in effort.
Michael Rose on 23:18 - Apr 19 with 732 viewsDale_Mike

Michael Rose on 21:32 - Apr 19 by olympicdale

As has been stated before, we have got very lucky that Hogan has been as big a success as he has been, his understanding with Henderson is one of the main reasons of our success, from an early stage it was clear that Hogan was a class act, and the players gained confidence from him being in the team, quickly becoming a talisman. I would like to think that had it not worked out with Hogan than Hill would have delved into the loan market for a striker, hence the reason why he did not spend his entire budget. Perhaps.

Not sure there is much luck involved. Like you say it was clear he was class act from an early stage, this may have come as a surprise to us fans but Hill already knew this.

If anything you could argue that we have been unlucky that he has been injured so much.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024