Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bury official messageboard 23:34 - Jun 4 with 8136 viewsmacro

To shut in next few days according to Keith maddock
Bury official messageboard on 21:38 - Jun 10 with 1500 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Bury official messageboard on 18:48 - Jun 10 by ColDale

I think there's a lot of sense in there, and much in tune with our own philosophies. Teams should be self sufficient, and not reliant on 3rd party investment. And they're right about trying to maximise the use of the stadium. Given the size of grounds, you cannot just rely on matchday income alone. But you'd have to question the profitability of hosting concerts / boxing as if there was that much money in it, everyone would be at it and the odd exception apart, football grounds are only used when there's nowhere bigger.

Does the statement rule out any suggestion of a philanthropic wealthy benefactor?

I kind of disagree Col, I read this as a statement with a very large nod to easing the concern of creditors. It really talks to creditors not Bury fans. They have likely borrowed money, secured on assets, on future (increases) in revenue. These revenues have not come to fruition and they have carried on spending to, I imagine, the increasing unease of creditors. The two salient points that stick out are, firstly, the acknowledgement that the club has to be self-sufficient. As you note, it's not uncommon for clubs to make this statement. However, clubs normally make this statement to fans to prepare them for spending/wage moderation and the sale of (player) assets. As Dale fans we know all to well of this cold hard, but necessary, reality. This has, however, not happened at Bury. In fact, the opposite has happened. Last season was extremely expensive with little in the way of financial success (cup runs, player sales etc). This message is for creditors and should be read as "yes, I know we have to live within our means and we will, we promise, after this splurge, which will pay-off".
The second important point is that we need to expand revenue streams. Again, you're right that most clubs state this. The key here, however, is the specifics the statement goes into. Using assets and licenses etc and going out of the way to explain why this has not happened. I'm sorry but this is not meant for the ears of fans. This statement should be read as "I know we borrowed on the promise of expanding revenues through licenses and concerts etc, but it has not happened yet, however, it will we promise".
A statement like this made specifically to creditors will have them sh1ting bricks and, at the very least, freezing lending facilities.
So you do it in a fans update form with all the fanfare of "doing great so far but we'll do even better" and just in case the creditors are hearing rumours and questions being raised you nip that in the bud by calling the source of these rumours cowardly Dale fans. Or better still, you just close all forums.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2014 21:41]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Bury official messageboard on 08:15 - Jun 11 with 1346 viewsR17ALE

For the last 12 months the bury soap opera has been a 'must watch' episode. I think some of them are finally beginning to realise that if you scratch the surface there is little underneath the hype.

The concert bollox is absolute rubbish. Heralded as a money spinner months ago, it has yielded zero concerts to date. The blame for this has been put on summer pitch renovations. Really? No shit. When did the penny drop that their pitch would need work doing on it in May and June?

However, and I hope this isn't just me - as every twist and turn of the soap opera develops, I always say out loud to myself, "thank God this isn't happening at Dale."

Most pertinently, some few weeks after their messageboard starts asking the right questions, starts digging out secret documents, starts scratching the surface, the club closes the board down. It has since been resurrected at www.gigglane.com

There are dodgy forces at play at bury, and 12 months down the line they are still none the wiser.

Still, at least they've got their AGM and Fans Forum to look forward to.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Bury official messageboard on 12:55 - Jun 11 with 1231 viewsTVOS1907

Bury official messageboard on 08:15 - Jun 11 by R17ALE

For the last 12 months the bury soap opera has been a 'must watch' episode. I think some of them are finally beginning to realise that if you scratch the surface there is little underneath the hype.

The concert bollox is absolute rubbish. Heralded as a money spinner months ago, it has yielded zero concerts to date. The blame for this has been put on summer pitch renovations. Really? No shit. When did the penny drop that their pitch would need work doing on it in May and June?

However, and I hope this isn't just me - as every twist and turn of the soap opera develops, I always say out loud to myself, "thank God this isn't happening at Dale."

Most pertinently, some few weeks after their messageboard starts asking the right questions, starts digging out secret documents, starts scratching the surface, the club closes the board down. It has since been resurrected at www.gigglane.com

There are dodgy forces at play at bury, and 12 months down the line they are still none the wiser.

Still, at least they've got their AGM and Fans Forum to look forward to.

And the first person to post on their board with a slightly negative question is told to 'get back to Rochdale'.

Arf.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024