Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today's bury thread 13:35 - Jun 20 with 12084 viewsdeeplishblue

Interesting reading for those who are obsessed

http://www.burytimes.co.uk/sport/football/shakers/11286235.We_are_not_keyboard_c

"We’re Bury fans - not Bolton fans, not Rochdale fans — we are proud Bury fans. "

"we have been asked to trust previous boards and look where that got us. "
[Post edited 20 Jun 2014 13:36]

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Today's bury thread on 13:44 - Jun 20 with 5649 views100notout

Aye.

Bury fans that spend a lot of their time on their rivals message board*. #obsessed.

Oops I forgot - Bolton are their real rivals.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Today's bury thread on 13:54 - Jun 20 with 5616 viewsMoonyDale

Hats off to them for asking the questions, have to say I agree with pretty much all of what they say...They have a right to be worried. We wait and see...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Today's bury thread on 14:25 - Jun 20 with 5567 viewsTVOS1907

The bit about Bolton and Rochdale fans is brilliant.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Today's bury thread on 15:01 - Jun 20 with 5498 viewsaleanddale

Today's bury thread on 14:25 - Jun 20 by TVOS1907

The bit about Bolton and Rochdale fans is brilliant.

The whole saga is comedy gold!!

But there are a few now who are starting to wonder where this will end. ( and i dont mean the championship!! )

the posts at the bottom of the article are brilliant. One diluted women named Eileen keeps claiming that Mr Day Owns the club!! cough!!

Another gem is she actually writes every dog has its day and ours is coming up!!! ha ha Thats probably true Eileen love thats probably true!!!!

what a set of morons the majority are..
Today's bury thread on 15:05 - Jun 20 with 5493 viewsTVOS1907

Today's bury thread on 15:01 - Jun 20 by aleanddale

The whole saga is comedy gold!!

But there are a few now who are starting to wonder where this will end. ( and i dont mean the championship!! )

the posts at the bottom of the article are brilliant. One diluted women named Eileen keeps claiming that Mr Day Owns the club!! cough!!

Another gem is she actually writes every dog has its day and ours is coming up!!! ha ha Thats probably true Eileen love thats probably true!!!!

what a set of morons the majority are..

And on the links on the right, Jamie Hoyland is claiming Bolton v bury is the second-biggest tie in the first round of the League Cup and should be live on Sky.

Sky obviously disagree: Carlisle v Derby and Coventry v Cardiff.

He also says bury v Cheltenham is hardly a ground filler. I take it he's expecting some other League 2 fixtures to be so.

As R17ALE commented to me, Hoyland's becoming bury's version of Paddy Crerand. He'll have a regular slot on Greater Mateychester Radio soon.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Today's bury thread on 15:10 - Jun 20 with 5487 viewsmacro

Hoylands always been a pratt.

At least reading the article there are some sane bury fans who don't follow the hype. History shoes that it all comes crashing down eventually.
Today's bury thread on 17:09 - Jun 20 with 5333 viewsColDale

Today's bury thread on 13:54 - Jun 20 by MoonyDale

Hats off to them for asking the questions, have to say I agree with pretty much all of what they say...They have a right to be worried. We wait and see...

Funnily enough, it was Dale fans asking those same questions twelve months ago, and we were the only ones doing so.
Today's bury thread on 22:06 - Jun 20 with 5148 viewsMoonyDale

Today's bury thread on 17:09 - Jun 20 by ColDale

Funnily enough, it was Dale fans asking those same questions twelve months ago, and we were the only ones doing so.

You know how it is Col, we are always 12 months ahead of Bury.....

Login to get fewer ads

Today's bury thread on 00:20 - Jun 21 with 5061 viewsR11BFC

Today's bury thread on 17:09 - Jun 20 by ColDale

Bollocks!

For God loved the world so much, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him, may not die, but have eternal life. John 3:16

Today's bury thread on 08:57 - Jun 21 with 4950 viewsMoonyDale

Today's bury thread on 00:20 - Jun 21 by R11BFC

Bollocks!

I think if you check back through these pages you will find that it isn't bollox as you claim......

Today's bury thread on 13:09 - Jun 21 with 4829 viewsR11BFC

Today's bury thread on 08:57 - Jun 21 by MoonyDale

I think if you check back through these pages you will find that it isn't bollox as you claim......

The claim that you Daleys were the only ones asking questions 12 months ago is absolute total bollocks! I know...because i was asking them back then and i know many other Bury fans who were asking them too.

Fair play, some of you lot were also asking them but don't try and make out you're some kind of lower league football super heroes!

Whether you like it or not, we've a similar fan base, with similar views...

For God loved the world so much, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him, may not die, but have eternal life. John 3:16

Today's bury thread on 13:20 - Jun 21 with 4817 viewsMoonyDale

Today's bury thread on 13:09 - Jun 21 by R11BFC

The claim that you Daleys were the only ones asking questions 12 months ago is absolute total bollocks! I know...because i was asking them back then and i know many other Bury fans who were asking them too.

Fair play, some of you lot were also asking them but don't try and make out you're some kind of lower league football super heroes!

Whether you like it or not, we've a similar fan base, with similar views...

Maybe some of you were asking the same questions, not on here they weren't though and why should they it's a Dale board. Similar fan base? Maybe in size if that's what you mean, we are certainly a tad less deluded that some on the Mong board, if there is still a board to get deluded on that is. You maybe able to enlighten us if it still exists? Have any of you had any answers as yet to the questions posed? You don't have to answer that one we can take an educated guess.....And yes some of us are even educated over here in the 5 fingered side of Heywood....That is one thing your fan base is way ahead of us in (amounts of fingers on one hand) 6 isn't it?

Today's bury thread on 23:53 - Jun 21 with 4545 viewsR17ALE

This 6 fingered jibe on both sides annoys me. Neither side has 6 fingers so why perpetuate the myth? It's a cheap shot.

The crux of our embitterment is our finances versus burys. Our history on this is better, hence our superiority complex. Meanwhile, bury's arguments is that they've achieved more in the game. EG they've won the FA Cup.

There is no defining argument to separate us.* We are what we are.

However, a few bury fans have been brave enough to make a stand, in much the same way as we would expect of ourselves. I applaud their bravery and wish them well, although I fear that the usual suspects will drag them under. Lets face it, these 4 have been the only ones to actually ask a question, although perhaps they should have written to the Chairman rather than the bury Times.

*Other than league position.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Today's bury thread on 08:45 - Jun 22 with 4441 viewspnc4eva1

Today's bury thread on 23:53 - Jun 21 by R17ALE

This 6 fingered jibe on both sides annoys me. Neither side has 6 fingers so why perpetuate the myth? It's a cheap shot.

The crux of our embitterment is our finances versus burys. Our history on this is better, hence our superiority complex. Meanwhile, bury's arguments is that they've achieved more in the game. EG they've won the FA Cup.

However, a few bury fans have been brave enough to make a stand, in much the same way as we would expect of ourselves. I applaud their bravery and wish them well, although I fear that the usual suspects will drag them under. Lets face it, these 4 have been the only ones to actually ask a question, although perhaps they should have written to the Chairman rather than the bury Times.

Well said that man.

I know one of the named Bury fans. Despite him living in the past when it comes to banter he loves Bury the same way we all love Dale. His and the others stand about more information has to be applauded by all football fans.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Today's bury thread on 19:05 - Jun 22 with 4272 viewsR11BFC

Yeah...good post Raz.

Just to clarify though, the Chairman/Chief Exec saw the letter before going to print and there's far more than 4 involved. Trust me. There's 9 who signed the letter for starters! Looks like you've lost some of your fookin' fingers. Sorry - a cheap shot!

Being serious though, well said mate.

Today's bury thread on 20:46 - Jun 22 with 4175 viewsRAFCBLUE

Any truth in the rumour that the bury friendly vs Sheff Weds being moved to Salford City Reds is a test for 2015/16 home fixtures?

Lower Gigg being sold; plan for flats on the social club too.

Real intentions of the owners coming across loud and clear.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Today's bury thread on 22:11 - Jun 22 with 4097 viewsnordenblue

http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=570978&tsmp=1403455236
Taken from Salfords forum,the friendly does appear to be true and plans to play there while their ground is "redeveloped"
Today's bury thread on 07:26 - Jun 23 with 3971 viewsPDIDDY

Today's bury thread on 22:11 - Jun 22 by nordenblue

Taken from Salfords forum,the friendly does appear to be true and plans to play there while their ground is "redeveloped"

Peel holdings cough cough

Gissa job

Today's bury thread on 09:34 - Jun 23 with 3904 viewsBarryStrange

Good post Razz, although I would add one point - where you say they should have written to the Chairman not the Bury TImes, I am not sure there would be any point.

Lots of our fans have and no answers are forthcoming. Ever. Quite a lot of criticism ("keyboard warriors anyone"?) but never any answers or realistic prospect of them. Plenty of us haven't believed the hype from pretty much day one but I will concede a depressing number of Bury fans have and still do.

The argument some of the Board's hype-believers put out is "well you didn't put forward any money (neither as far as we know have the Board but that's by the by), so unless you can do it shut up". It is a hugely irritating non-argument - I'm not a surgeon either but I would still feel content to criticise someone who is if they amputated the wrong arm from one of my relatives.

For what it is worth, I don't believe the overexcited stuff on here about the Salford based friendly being a stalking horse for the ground - if you're selling an asset for housing you don't bother levelling its pitch and remodelling the bit nobody sees under the stand first. Even if it isn't your money, it's still a waste of your time. They could have just let the club go bust and buy the land.

Frankly the view of the Board held by any Bury fan at the moment is pretty much an assessment of their power of critical thinking - if you can do it, you are worried, if not then you watch Ryan Lowe for a season and then seem surprised when we are spiralling out of control again in 3 years. Personally I applaud the guys on the letter and hope that some explanation of how we have tempted Adams down a division and McNulty two is coming forward. I won't be holding my breath while I wait.
Today's bury thread on 10:44 - Jun 23 with 3855 viewsParkinsGimp

Oh dear "Redevelopment" LOL
Permenant redevelopment.
Get a few houses on Giggle lane. Full time move to Salford would be fun.
Today's bury thread on 13:34 - Jun 23 with 3727 viewsR11BFC

Today's bury thread on 09:34 - Jun 23 by BarryStrange

Good post Razz, although I would add one point - where you say they should have written to the Chairman not the Bury TImes, I am not sure there would be any point.

Lots of our fans have and no answers are forthcoming. Ever. Quite a lot of criticism ("keyboard warriors anyone"?) but never any answers or realistic prospect of them. Plenty of us haven't believed the hype from pretty much day one but I will concede a depressing number of Bury fans have and still do.

The argument some of the Board's hype-believers put out is "well you didn't put forward any money (neither as far as we know have the Board but that's by the by), so unless you can do it shut up". It is a hugely irritating non-argument - I'm not a surgeon either but I would still feel content to criticise someone who is if they amputated the wrong arm from one of my relatives.

For what it is worth, I don't believe the overexcited stuff on here about the Salford based friendly being a stalking horse for the ground - if you're selling an asset for housing you don't bother levelling its pitch and remodelling the bit nobody sees under the stand first. Even if it isn't your money, it's still a waste of your time. They could have just let the club go bust and buy the land.

Frankly the view of the Board held by any Bury fan at the moment is pretty much an assessment of their power of critical thinking - if you can do it, you are worried, if not then you watch Ryan Lowe for a season and then seem surprised when we are spiralling out of control again in 3 years. Personally I applaud the guys on the letter and hope that some explanation of how we have tempted Adams down a division and McNulty two is coming forward. I won't be holding my breath while I wait.

Barry - check your PMs on the Bury main messageboard.

Today's bury thread on 13:46 - Jun 23 with 3702 viewsaleanddale

Today's bury thread on 09:34 - Jun 23 by BarryStrange

a reasoned response Barry.

Option 1.

Day is a Walter Mitty and is throwing cash ( a £2 000 000 mortgage ) that isnt his at funding a pipe dream.

Option 2

Isle of Man resident and long term ardant Liverpool fan - multi Billionaire Whitticker has lost his marbles and has decided enough is enough for long suffering shakers fans and has dreams now for his home town club ( or summat )

2 extremes maybe is the truth either or something inbetween??

Any more options?
Today's bury thread on 18:51 - Jun 23 with 3599 viewsDomDale

I feel sorry for them if a semi-permanent move to the Salford City Stadium is on the cards. I watch Sale Sharks a few times a season. The facilities at the stadium are actually very good. And the atmosphere generated from crowds of 6-8k loud. But the public transport links are atrocious. Traffic is absolutely awful, it's taken me 90 mins to get back to Wardle sometimes.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2014 18:52]

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Today's bury thread on 19:45 - Jun 23 with 3544 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Today's bury thread on 13:46 - Jun 23 by aleanddale

a reasoned response Barry.

Option 1.

Day is a Walter Mitty and is throwing cash ( a £2 000 000 mortgage ) that isnt his at funding a pipe dream.

Option 2

Isle of Man resident and long term ardant Liverpool fan - multi Billionaire Whitticker has lost his marbles and has decided enough is enough for long suffering shakers fans and has dreams now for his home town club ( or summat )

2 extremes maybe is the truth either or something inbetween??

Any more options?

I very much doubt the latter given that there appears to be a recent charge registered on behalf of a 'Cash4Assets'. I can't find a Cash4Assets website. It's difficult to comment as there appears to be no website for them. There is a Cash4Assets listed at Companies House but they are registered as a dormant company? Might not be them? Who are they?
Questions for Bury fans to get answers to.
BarryStrange, you seem the most sensible one, over to you.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2014 19:50]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Today's bury thread on 19:56 - Jun 23 with 3509 viewsColDale

Today's bury thread on 19:45 - Jun 23 by BigDaveMyCock

I very much doubt the latter given that there appears to be a recent charge registered on behalf of a 'Cash4Assets'. I can't find a Cash4Assets website. It's difficult to comment as there appears to be no website for them. There is a Cash4Assets listed at Companies House but they are registered as a dormant company? Might not be them? Who are they?
Questions for Bury fans to get answers to.
BarryStrange, you seem the most sensible one, over to you.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2014 19:50]

would appear its from May 2014
http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/bury-football-club-company(the)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024