Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium news 16:32 - Aug 6 with 9701 views442Dale

“@bbcradiomanc: 1/2 Great interview with @officiallydale manager Keith Hill this morning,he says they've made an offer to buy back Spotland - Denehurst...”
“@bbcradiomanc: 2/2 Stadium Company give their reaction to Allan Beswick tomorrow morning between 730 and 8am @officiallydale #rafc”

Could be interesting now it's in the public domain...

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stadium news on 18:02 - Aug 7 with 1902 viewsMoonyDale

Stadium news on 17:54 - Aug 7 by Dale1940

He watches football , rugby league and cricket, but mostly football, as he is a season ticket holder at Burnley.

He may well be but those who have had contact with him know which team he would choose if it came to a choice between Hornets and us.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Stadium news on 18:12 - Aug 7 with 1856 viewsDale1940

Stadium news on 18:02 - Aug 7 by MoonyDale

He may well be but those who have had contact with him know which team he would choose if it came to a choice between Hornets and us.....

He certainly watches far more football than rugby, , and I wouldnt bet on which team he would choose, I also speak to him most weeks.
Stadium news on 18:12 - Aug 7 with 1855 views442Dale

Stadium news on 17:49 - Aug 7 by love_the_dale

From the club statement of 7th April 2014
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/clubstatement-07.04.14-1472444.aspx

"Chairman Chris Dunphy has confirmed that Rochdale AFC have made an offer to buy the shares held by Rochdale Metropolitan Borough Council (RMBC) and the Rugby League in an effort to secure the future of Spotland Stadium for both Rochdale Football Club and Rochdale Hornets." and

“We are also in advanced negotiations with the council to take over their shares and the debt, in order to allow us to develop the ground and ensure Spotland is the home of Rochdale Football Club for the next hundred years."

From Radio Manchester this morning -

Mr. Brett: "This is the first I've heard of it. Nobody's made me an offer. Nobody's talked to me, but I'm very willing to talk to anybody.

"If Rochdale Football Club have come up with a plan, I suggest they get in touch with me as soon as possible and start talking.

"My view at the moment is that I want two professional clubs working together and working in the town. I want Rochdale to be represented in football and rugby league professionally and working for the town."

Shouldn't someone have informed Mr. Brett about the offer?
[Post edited 7 Aug 2014 17:50]

This is what mystifies the most.

How could anyone involved with the Stadium Company not be aware of the current state of play?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stadium news on 18:29 - Aug 7 with 1792 viewsColDale

Stadium news on 18:12 - Aug 7 by 442Dale

How could anyone involved with the Stadium Company not be aware of the current state of play?

at a push, Brett was appointed to the Stadium Company in June following the change of leadership in the Council. The bids have been over the course of the past year, and there may not have been a bid since June, therefore its not news.

Which calls into question his suitability for the role if he hasn't bothered to find out what's been happening with the Stadium Company in the past year.

Equally, he could have been reacting to the news as if there had been a fresh bid this week, but the way he portrayed himself on the radio suggested that had never been a bid, which we know is not the case. If he's deliberately ignored the attempts by the football club in the past year to create an illusion of no bid at all, again his position is to be questioned.

I still cannot fathom how after his previous handling of the Stadium Company he was deemed to be suitable for the position.
Stadium news on 18:47 - Aug 7 with 1736 viewsD_Alien

Stadium news on 18:12 - Aug 7 by 442Dale

Lets just say it - he's either incompetent or a liar.

Probably both.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stadium news on 19:10 - Aug 7 with 1675 viewsnordenblue

Stadium news on 18:47 - Aug 7 by D_Alien

Probably both.

Someone like Vespa will pop along shortly and tell us how competent the rugby clubs been ran and all things are smelling of roses from their point of view
Stadium news on 19:11 - Aug 7 with 1675 viewsTalkingSutty

Stadium news on 18:47 - Aug 7 by D_Alien

Probably both.

Plenty of people around the borough know all about Brett, not a particularly nice individual and i personally wouldn't trust him as far as i could throw him.
He does what is best for himself and feathers his own nest, all he will do is muddy the waters. He shouldn't have any involvement going off his past history.
Stadium news on 20:55 - Aug 7 with 1550 viewsMoonyDale

Stadium news on 19:11 - Aug 7 by TalkingSutty

Plenty of people around the borough know all about Brett, not a particularly nice individual and i personally wouldn't trust him as far as i could throw him.
He does what is best for himself and feathers his own nest, all he will do is muddy the waters. He shouldn't have any involvement going off his past history.

That pretty much sums him up perfectly....

Login to get fewer ads

Stadium news on 20:58 - Aug 7 with 1544 viewsMoonyDale

Stadium news on 18:12 - Aug 7 by Dale1940

He certainly watches far more football than rugby, , and I wouldnt bet on which team he would choose, I also speak to him most weeks.

Well if you were to bet and you bet on him choosing Dale you would lose.....

Stadium news on 06:36 - Aug 8 with 1375 viewsDiddyDave

We discussed this last year for a good while,re who does the Stadium Company owe the 600k to,and nobody seemed to know,so nothing has changed there. Typical council business though,they don`t give a shit cos it`s not their money,but maybe Chris Dunphy knows and I`d go with his ideas as he seems to be no mug. Looking at the clubs who`ve sold their grounds and renting them back,it all seems bad,Coventry a prime example,so owning your own midden seems the only way to go. As long as Hill stays in charge in the long term with his continuing plans for the footballing side of the club,the future looks very bright,though Dale might struggle this year from what he`s said the other day. So on the brink of another campaign,
Stadium news on 06:39 - Aug 8 with 1374 viewsDiddyDave

We discussed this last year for a good while,re who does the Stadium Company owe the 600k to,and nobody seemed to know,so nothing has changed there. Typical council business though,they don`t give a shit cos it`s not their money,but maybe Chris Dunphy knows and I`d go with his ideas as he seems to be no mug. Looking at the clubs who`ve sold their grounds and renting them back,it all seems bad,Coventry a prime example,so owning your own midden seems the only way to go. As long as Hill stays in charge in the long term with his continuing plans for the footballing side of the club,the future looks very bright,though Dale might struggle this year from what he`s said the other day. So on the brink of another campaign,I`d like to wish Dale all the best for the season ahead,and hope they can stay in the division at the very least. Keep the faith in messrs Dunphy and Hill.
Stadium news on 11:01 - Aug 8 with 1220 views49thseason

Its possible that a chunk of the money owed by the Stadium Company is actually owed to Rochdale AFC Ltd. If the football club has been putting extra cash into the SC, perhaps to make up for a shortfall from Hornets or the RL, it may well have been via loans, repayable at a date to be agreed.
If I were in Chris Dunphy's shoes I certainly would not simply pump money into another company without some sort of expectation of repayment at a future date. So the debt may not be as bad if the football club takes it on as the SC accounts suggest.
Stadium news on 11:07 - Aug 8 with 1207 viewsjudd

Stadium news on 11:01 - Aug 8 by 49thseason

Its possible that a chunk of the money owed by the Stadium Company is actually owed to Rochdale AFC Ltd. If the football club has been putting extra cash into the SC, perhaps to make up for a shortfall from Hornets or the RL, it may well have been via loans, repayable at a date to be agreed.
If I were in Chris Dunphy's shoes I certainly would not simply pump money into another company without some sort of expectation of repayment at a future date. So the debt may not be as bad if the football club takes it on as the SC accounts suggest.

Has the SC debt anything to do with a mortgage or council loan?
[Post edited 8 Aug 2014 11:08]

Poll: What is it to be then?

Stadium news on 11:14 - Aug 8 with 1200 viewsSwissdale

The more I have thought about the ongoing stadium farce, the more bemused I am with Hornet's stance on the whole thing. From my understanding they have proven time and again they they do not have the means to own even a share of the stadium in a commercially viable fashion. Therefore, why do they continue to dig their heels in and do everything possible to disrupt the Football club's ambitions to own the ground?

Surely their best option for their own long term future would be to sell their share of the ground (for a fair price), downsize, build a stadium that is suitable for a club with a fan base of their size, with lower (manageable) maintenance costs, and be able to benefit 100% from the other revenue streams.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2014 11:16]
Stadium news on 11:18 - Aug 8 with 1194 viewsjudd

Stadium news on 11:14 - Aug 8 by Swissdale

The more I have thought about the ongoing stadium farce, the more bemused I am with Hornet's stance on the whole thing. From my understanding they have proven time and again they they do not have the means to own even a share of the stadium in a commercially viable fashion. Therefore, why do they continue to dig their heels in and do everything possible to disrupt the Football club's ambitions to own the ground?

Surely their best option for their own long term future would be to sell their share of the ground (for a fair price), downsize, build a stadium that is suitable for a club with a fan base of their size, with lower (manageable) maintenance costs, and be able to benefit 100% from the other revenue streams.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2014 11:16]

What have Hornets got to do with it?

They are tenants. It is the Rugby Football League Facilities Trust that hold the shares.

Stadium news on 11:20 - Aug 8 with 1160 viewsSwissdale

Stadium news on 11:18 - Aug 8 by judd

They are tenants. It is the Rugby Football League Facilities Trust that hold the shares.

Well then the same question of commercial viability applies.

If I owned a house, and the tenants refused to pay their rent, I would either get new tenants, or sell the house.
Stadium news on 11:25 - Aug 8 with 1149 viewsColDale

Stadium news on 11:18 - Aug 8 by judd

I'm sure Hornets role is to go to the RFL and Council and say that Dale ownership would ultimately lead to the end of Hornets so please don't sell them the shares.

Have asked the question on the Hornets board - If a rent paying Hornets were guaranteed a place at Spotland (which I believe to be the case), what would be the problem with Dale owning the stadium 100%?
Stadium news on 11:27 - Aug 8 with 1147 viewsjudd

Stadium news on 11:20 - Aug 8 by Swissdale

Well then the same question of commercial viability applies.

If I owned a house, and the tenants refused to pay their rent, I would either get new tenants, or sell the house.

But the football club are happy to accept a rent paying Hornets as tenants going forward at current rent rates,or so it has been reported.

Stadium news on 11:28 - Aug 8 with 1145 viewsColDale

more details in the Ob including some great Maths
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/rochdale-dale-football-club-hornets-

From reading that, its all straight forward

We want to buy the place and happy to include Hornets
Hornets have nowt to do with it but want to stay at Spotland
The RFL are happy to sell as long as Hornets stay
The Council are happy to deal with this.
Allen Brett doesn't want to speak to the Ob.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Stadium news on 11:44 - Aug 8 with 1098 viewsSwissdale

Stadium news on 11:27 - Aug 8 by judd

But the football club are happy to accept a rent paying Hornets as tenants going forward at current rent rates,or so it has been reported.

Well obviously we would be happy to accept any rent paying partner to help cover stadium costs. Whether hornets could be deemed as a trustworthy rent paying partner is another matter.

The question is why do hornets want to pay rent to a 10,000 capacity stadium? Surely they would be better renting somewhere cheaper and more fit for purpose? Is it a question of pride skewing their judgement?

If this latest bid fails I think it's time to open the can of worms into how the RfL acquired their shares in the stadium. I'm sure as co-owner we should have been given first preference on their shares? Id imagine a competent propert lawyer would be able to pick holes in that deal.
Stadium news on 11:50 - Aug 8 with 1077 viewsdingdangblue

Stadium news on 11:28 - Aug 8 by ColDale

more details in the Ob including some great Maths
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/rochdale-dale-football-club-hornets-

From reading that, its all straight forward

We want to buy the place and happy to include Hornets
Hornets have nowt to do with it but want to stay at Spotland
The RFL are happy to sell as long as Hornets stay
The Council are happy to deal with this.
Allen Brett doesn't want to speak to the Ob.

This post has been edited by an administrator

''We’ve come off the back of a fabulous year — we’ve made a profit, got promoted, won our first cup for 91 years and held a Rugby League World Cup match''. How exactly did Hornets 'hold a World Cup match' ? They are tenants at the stadium?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Stadium news on 12:01 - Aug 8 with 1047 viewsTVOS1907

Stadium news on 11:25 - Aug 8 by ColDale

I'm sure Hornets role is to go to the RFL and Council and say that Dale ownership would ultimately lead to the end of Hornets so please don't sell them the shares.

Have asked the question on the Hornets board - If a rent paying Hornets were guaranteed a place at Spotland (which I believe to be the case), what would be the problem with Dale owning the stadium 100%?

Bet that went down well.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Stadium news on 12:51 - Aug 8 with 982 viewsdingdangblue

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/rochdale/forum/108862/hornets-move-to-block

Previously on this subject.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Stadium news on 13:32 - Aug 8 with 922 viewsdebbiesfella

Stadium news on 17:46 - Aug 6 by ColDale

From the way the club spoke the other night, there seemed to be an emphasis on the change in direction in the council since Richard Farnell took over as leader. Previously it came across as being that the RFL had been the stumbling block, and not the council. Equally, there used to be talk of a 75% majority required, which if the RFL shares came in to our ownership, the council's shareholding would be irrelevant.

The two new people on the Stadium Committee are:

Last election results
Milnrow & Newhey (Turnout 34.0%)
Allen J Brett Labour 1200
Irene Davidson Liberal Democrat 1046
Keith Taylor Conservative 402

and

Healey (Turnout 35.0%)
Shaun O'Neill Labour 1251
Lee M Durrant Conservative 1137
Tom Bailey Liberal Democrat 376

Neither of them have particularly large majorities. If you live in their wards, it might be worth dropping them an email and asking them about their involvement in the Stadium Company, and what the council's views are on our attempt to purchase the RFL shares.

allen.brett@rochdale.gov.uk
shaun.o'neill@rochdale.gov.uk

Your figures are won out of date Col, Keiran Heakin won Healey in May and he professes to be a Dale supporter.
Stadium news on 13:34 - Aug 8 with 914 viewsisitme

Stadium news on 13:32 - Aug 8 by debbiesfella

Your figures are won out of date Col, Keiran Heakin won Healey in May and he professes to be a Dale supporter.

For some strange reason their are three councillors for each ward. Brett was not up for election this time round.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024