Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Abysmal second half performance 21:35 - Aug 12 with 6679 viewsolympicdale

Striker needed desperately.
Second goal killed the game.
The kids are not the answer up front.
No penetration second half.
George needs shipping out.

Life is a game of fate.

Abysmal second half performance on 21:45 - Aug 12 with 4322 viewsDaleFan7

Agreed, we were completely outclassed in the 2nd half. Not 1 shot on or off target in the second half tells it's own story.

Andrew wasn't bad in the first half making the right runs keeping the ball up but other than that we have nothing, literally nothing. The less said about Donnelly the better.
Abysmal second half performance on 21:50 - Aug 12 with 4253 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Abysmal second half performance on 21:45 - Aug 12 by DaleFan7

Agreed, we were completely outclassed in the 2nd half. Not 1 shot on or off target in the second half tells it's own story.

Andrew wasn't bad in the first half making the right runs keeping the ball up but other than that we have nothing, literally nothing. The less said about Donnelly the better.

The fact we have Donnelly for another season though makes the Andrew signing more strange. Surely, one or the other. You can't have two non-goalscoring centre forwards in your squad.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Abysmal second half performance on 21:54 - Aug 12 with 4210 viewsmightydale

Abysmal second half performance on 21:50 - Aug 12 by BigDaveMyCock

The fact we have Donnelly for another season though makes the Andrew signing more strange. Surely, one or the other. You can't have two non-goalscoring centre forwards in your squad.

We need a left back 2 defenders a midfielder and 1/2 forwards

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Abysmal second half performance on 21:57 - Aug 12 with 4165 viewspedrodale

Craig Dawson , Gary Jones and the Cogba
Abysmal second half performance on 22:00 - Aug 12 with 4114 viewssweetcorn

We certainly require at least one striker.. george has to go, even if its only a loan move, i cant bare to see anymore of him in a dale shirt. His first touch is horrendous, his footballing brain is none existant and his overall play is dreadful.

Andrew just about passes because he offers a physical presence, but i would seriously consider bringing 2 forwards in.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Abysmal second half performance on 22:05 - Aug 12 with 4044 viewsolympicdale

Abysmal second half performance on 21:45 - Aug 12 by DaleFan7

I feel a bit sorry for Andrew, it's clear he's working his knackers off, but he was clearly brought in to bring others into play, he needs someone beside him to feed off of Andrew, wasted up front on his own, his goalscoring record suggests he can't be the answer to our scoring problems alone.

Life is a game of fate.

Abysmal second half performance on 22:06 - Aug 12 with 4038 viewsisitme

The second goal coming so soon after half time killed the game. They had a good spell for 20 minutes afterwards and then sat back to close out the game. Being down to 10 men for the last twenty or so minutes didn't help.

Andrew did okay, won a few headers and held the ball up reasonably well. We played well first half but defensive errors let us down again. We need more of a goal threat but they do not grow on trees. Davies in probably on around £4,000 a week and although he won a few headers he was not really a goal threat.

Games against Chesterfield and Crewe, who will probably be near us in the table come the end of the season should give us a clearer perspective of where we are. Both Peterborough and Preston will challenging for promotion this season, yet both did not look much better than us.
Abysmal second half performance on 22:12 - Aug 12 with 3939 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Abysmal second half performance on 22:05 - Aug 12 by olympicdale

I feel a bit sorry for Andrew, it's clear he's working his knackers off, but he was clearly brought in to bring others into play, he needs someone beside him to feed off of Andrew, wasted up front on his own, his goalscoring record suggests he can't be the answer to our scoring problems alone.

He has a considerably worse goalscoring record than Donnelly. In fact, he makes Georgie look prolific. You will struggle to find any forward in league football with a worse or even comparable record - 17 goals in 230 games.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2014 22:13]

Login to get fewer ads

Abysmal second half performance on 22:13 - Aug 12 with 3914 viewsdalestar

Callum camps was the top scorer in pre season and hasn't had a sniff.Must be disheartening to see the likes of bunney starting ahead of you,and to rub salt in the wound Logan and Donnely come on while he is kept on the bench???? 3 goals in 3games in pre season plus assists deserves a chance in my book!!!
Abysmal second half performance on 22:14 - Aug 12 with 3892 viewsKenBoon

Abysmal second half performance on 22:06 - Aug 12 by isitme

The second goal coming so soon after half time killed the game. They had a good spell for 20 minutes afterwards and then sat back to close out the game. Being down to 10 men for the last twenty or so minutes didn't help.

Andrew did okay, won a few headers and held the ball up reasonably well. We played well first half but defensive errors let us down again. We need more of a goal threat but they do not grow on trees. Davies in probably on around £4,000 a week and although he won a few headers he was not really a goal threat.

Games against Chesterfield and Crewe, who will probably be near us in the table come the end of the season should give us a clearer perspective of where we are. Both Peterborough and Preston will challenging for promotion this season, yet both did not look much better than us.

...and they still won.

This reminds me of when we sold O'Grady. It was quite obvious we needed to try and replace him but we didn't. We have to try and replace Hogan's goals. I'm sure it's lovely having money in the bank earning about 1% in interest. But we're a Football Club and if you're going to sell and don't have anyone ready to take their spot, then you need to buy. I know it's an unpopular subject with some people here, but you can buy players and not bankrupt yourself.
Abysmal second half performance on 22:19 - Aug 12 with 3809 viewsRAFC_1994

Abysmal second half performance on 22:14 - Aug 12 by KenBoon

...and they still won.

This reminds me of when we sold O'Grady. It was quite obvious we needed to try and replace him but we didn't. We have to try and replace Hogan's goals. I'm sure it's lovely having money in the bank earning about 1% in interest. But we're a Football Club and if you're going to sell and don't have anyone ready to take their spot, then you need to buy. I know it's an unpopular subject with some people here, but you can buy players and not bankrupt yourself.

Agreed. We looked toothless up front and as though we wouldn't score in a month of Sundays. Whilst I can see what Andrew brings to the table, I can't with Donnelly. There are better, much better, alternatives out there that won't break the bank.
Abysmal second half performance on 22:20 - Aug 12 with 3791 viewsisitme

Abysmal second half performance on 22:14 - Aug 12 by KenBoon

...and they still won.

You can buy players, Coleman bought Donnelly!

The problem will always come down to wages. Proven goal scorers will always command higher wages and therefore sign for teams like Peterborough and Preston who get much bigger crowds.
Abysmal second half performance on 22:20 - Aug 12 with 3785 views442Dale

Some thoughts:

Not sure where Done was, but I'd have him back at LB on Saturday, even though he showed promise in the attacking midfield role on Saturday. Rose cannot deal with any sort of pace and his substitution says a lot.

Do not understand what is achieved bringing Donnelly on when the game is lost, stick Camps on for experience or something. The arguments about the #19 are pointless yet every time he appears they start up again.

Tanser did well again. Bunney illustrated his potential and inability to look along the bloody line! Hery did everything you'd want from a midfielder. Andrew did ok. The goalkeeper's kit was too blue.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Abysmal second half performance on 22:24 - Aug 12 with 3735 viewsBeckWMG

Think maybe were seeing a bit of an over reaction. We have matched if not played slightly better than two of the promotion contenders for at least half of each of the games.

We know we need a couple more players at least but the way most folk talk on here don't you'd think the management don't know that!

We have another striker to come in, Muldoon.

Maybe KH is considering playing Camps on Saturday.

We can't rate Andrews off two appearances where he hasn't played a total of 90 mins all together.

GD isn't the answer, we know that but getting into his neck every time he touches the ball achieves nothing.

Let's go to Chesterfield, get behind the squad and they WILL get a positive result sooner rather than later.
If were in the same position after 10 league games then I'll start to worry.

UP THE DALE
Abysmal second half performance on 22:24 - Aug 12 with 3720 viewsolympicdale

Abysmal second half performance on 22:12 - Aug 12 by BigDaveMyCock

He has a considerably worse goalscoring record than Donnelly. In fact, he makes Georgie look prolific. You will struggle to find any forward in league football with a worse or even comparable record - 17 goals in 230 games.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2014 22:13]

Exactly, but he was brought in to bring others into play, and today he was up on his own, no runners or anyone hardly near him, a Hogan/Muldoon type forward is needed beside him

Life is a game of fate.

Abysmal second half performance on 22:26 - Aug 12 with 3691 viewsLathamDale

Need a CB with league 1 experience, a holding midfielder so Lund can push if necessary so we don't rely on the youngsters as much and a striker who can score and help andrew
Abysmal second half performance on 22:34 - Aug 12 with 3592 viewsSalwaDale

Game killed with their 2nd goal. No need to panic just yet but we did need an extra something tonight. I trust Hill to get it right, we never seem to start well but I'm sure he will bring in/bring on the players we need.

TBBT

Abysmal second half performance on 22:35 - Aug 12 with 3565 viewsolympicdale

Abysmal second half performance on 22:26 - Aug 12 by LathamDale

Need a CB with league 1 experience, a holding midfielder so Lund can push if necessary so we don't rely on the youngsters as much and a striker who can score and help andrew

I don't think the central defence is the problem, Lancashire and Tanser look to be doing well, our lack of awareness at either side is an issue.

Life is a game of fate.

Abysmal second half performance on 22:36 - Aug 12 with 3546 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Abysmal second half performance on 22:24 - Aug 12 by olympicdale

Exactly, but he was brought in to bring others into play, and today he was up on his own, no runners or anyone hardly near him, a Hogan/Muldoon type forward is needed beside him

3 goals in the last four years means that those playing alongside him are going to have to score a fook of a lot of goals no matter how good he is at winning headers or holding the ball up. If Hilly gets double figures out of this fella it will be his greatest fixing of a broken toy of all time.

Abysmal second half performance on 22:38 - Aug 12 with 3520 viewsBartRowou

Rose's clown-like attempts to defend/foul which led to their first goal will be a feature of this season I'm afraid. He can't tackle and so many of his "magic" balls fail to find their target. Even his hair was disappointing tonight. Not good enough at this level as Colchester fans will confirm.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Abysmal second half performance on 22:41 - Aug 12 with 3460 viewsToffeemanc

Abysmal second half performance on 22:36 - Aug 12 by BigDaveMyCock

3 goals in the last four years means that those playing alongside him are going to have to score a fook of a lot of goals no matter how good he is at winning headers or holding the ball up. If Hilly gets double figures out of this fella it will be his greatest fixing of a broken toy of all time.

If Hilly gets 10 goals combined out of Andrew and Donnelly it will be a miracle. Without a proven goal scorer we are in for a very long season.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Abysmal second half performance on 22:43 - Aug 12 with 3429 viewsnordenblue

Abysmal second half performance on 22:24 - Aug 12 by BeckWMG

Think maybe were seeing a bit of an over reaction. We have matched if not played slightly better than two of the promotion contenders for at least half of each of the games.

We know we need a couple more players at least but the way most folk talk on here don't you'd think the management don't know that!

We have another striker to come in, Muldoon.

Maybe KH is considering playing Camps on Saturday.

We can't rate Andrews off two appearances where he hasn't played a total of 90 mins all together.

GD isn't the answer, we know that but getting into his neck every time he touches the ball achieves nothing.

Let's go to Chesterfield, get behind the squad and they WILL get a positive result sooner rather than later.
If were in the same position after 10 league games then I'll start to worry.

UP THE DALE

Which of the 2 halfs tonight where we better?for the first 20/25 mins it was all Preston and second half the less said the better.Im not sure they even had a full strength team out by the look of things and their best striker wasn't playing either
Abysmal second half performance on 22:44 - Aug 12 with 3421 viewsSwissdale

I don't think there is any need to panic about lack of strikers. Keith Hill is not an idiot, he won't look at Donnelly (13 Goals in 83 Dale games) and Andrew (17 goals in 231 career games) and think they are going to score for fun. It would seem that we are going to be reliant on a loan striker, and I would imagine there is someone lined up - let's just hope they are good!

Very pleased again with Scott Tanser, thought he was excellent tonight. I hope we sign a left back or centre half (allowing Tanser to play LB), because for me, neither Rose or Done are good enough for league one. Aside from that I think we'll be alright, if we can sign a good DM to allow Lund to push forward it would be nice, but I think we are certainly good enough with what we have in the middle.
Abysmal second half performance on 22:44 - Aug 12 with 3414 viewsolympicdale

Abysmal second half performance on 22:38 - Aug 12 by BartRowou

Rose's clown-like attempts to defend/foul which led to their first goal will be a feature of this season I'm afraid. He can't tackle and so many of his "magic" balls fail to find their target. Even his hair was disappointing tonight. Not good enough at this level as Colchester fans will confirm.

Or rather Vincenti who slipped in possession with Rose having pushed up, left him horribly exposed.

Life is a game of fate.

Abysmal second half performance on 22:46 - Aug 12 with 3389 viewsDurhamDale

Agree with the post about us forking out a bit of money. We have recently got 750k upwards and no doubt some money for some clause or another so we're not short of money. I know buying Spotland would be great, but I think the club needs to put the present first- what we do now influences the future. We may not even stay in Lg 1!

Just think what Blackpool paid for Grant, and yes I know he had his antics, but its a fraction of what we've got kicking about
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024