Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keith 11:17 - Aug 17 with 6213 viewsPDIDDY

My pal 3 lions not happy with mr hills comments, not read em but calling the fans and saying hewill walk if he gets criticism , is what it sounds like he said... Strange

Gissa job

Keith on 11:33 - Aug 17 with 4887 viewsSuddenLad

Not true. In a nutshell, he says that the fans have been magnificent, but IF the time comes when he faces a barrage of criticism he may have to consider his own future.

I wish people would stop trying to read too much into his remarks. We all know he can be a bit obscure in his comments, but trying to re-interpret what he says just leads to more confusion.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Keith on 11:47 - Aug 17 with 4820 viewsPDIDDY

Keith on 11:33 - Aug 17 by SuddenLad

Not true. In a nutshell, he says that the fans have been magnificent, but IF the time comes when he faces a barrage of criticism he may have to consider his own future.

I wish people would stop trying to read too much into his remarks. We all know he can be a bit obscure in his comments, but trying to re-interpret what he says just leads to more confusion.

Fair do's, like I say I havnt seen it, sounds like he's expecting to get grief, which doesn't bode well for the season tbh

Gissa job

Keith on 12:10 - Aug 17 with 4740 viewselectricblue

The fans had confidence in hill at the start of last season and it we will.this season...
Hill knows what is ahead of him and will do his utmost to sort it...

The season is only 2 games old and the only way is up...

I dont see any reason to panic and if people are going to be on Hills back already then i suguest they go and support another team further down or up the road....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Keith on 12:32 - Aug 17 with 4657 viewsTalkingSutty

Keith on 11:33 - Aug 17 by SuddenLad

Lets face it, Hilly is a football man and has made a good career out of it but this veiled threat about leaving the club if he faces any criticism is bloody childish and comes across as some sort of blackmail (Why even say it in the first place?). My 80 year old father doesn't know much about football but even he remarked on the comments this morning and called him a "Mard arse".

Hilly has rightly been praised to high heaven at Spotland for his achievements at the club but when fans witness a poor performance like yesterday does he honestly think the fans will not comment on the game and give their opinion/criticism.

Following the Peterborough game last Saturday I praised the team on a very good performance but yesterday they were poor and I said so. Hilly has the ego of an elephant, to the extent that he thinks all the supporters will cow down to his every word, (some do) but if he honestly thinks he and the team are beyond criticism then he is sadly mistaken.

Praise the team to the hilt when they deserve it but when fans are travelling all over the country shelling out hundreds and hundreds of pounds in the process they are entitled to voice any concerns they have. One game into the league season we have the manager trying to lecture the supporters on what his actions will be should he get any criticism, just like a lot of the fans, myself included Hilly does come out with some tripe from time to time. He does have form for it, ask Whitey or any other Barnsley fan!!
Keith on 12:41 - Aug 17 with 4625 viewsSuddenLad

Keith on 12:32 - Aug 17 by TalkingSutty

Lets face it, Hilly is a football man and has made a good career out of it but this veiled threat about leaving the club if he faces any criticism is bloody childish and comes across as some sort of blackmail (Why even say it in the first place?). My 80 year old father doesn't know much about football but even he remarked on the comments this morning and called him a "Mard arse".

Hilly has rightly been praised to high heaven at Spotland for his achievements at the club but when fans witness a poor performance like yesterday does he honestly think the fans will not comment on the game and give their opinion/criticism.

Following the Peterborough game last Saturday I praised the team on a very good performance but yesterday they were poor and I said so. Hilly has the ego of an elephant, to the extent that he thinks all the supporters will cow down to his every word, (some do) but if he honestly thinks he and the team are beyond criticism then he is sadly mistaken.

Praise the team to the hilt when they deserve it but when fans are travelling all over the country shelling out hundreds and hundreds of pounds in the process they are entitled to voice any concerns they have. One game into the league season we have the manager trying to lecture the supporters on what his actions will be should he get any criticism, just like a lot of the fans, myself included Hilly does come out with some tripe from time to time. He does have form for it, ask Whitey or any other Barnsley fan!!

I'm surprised after all this time, that any reasonably intelligent individual actually tries to analyse his comments to such a degree.

We all know that half of what he says is said with his tongue stuck firmly in his cheek.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Keith on 12:57 - Aug 17 with 4562 viewsborodale4

Great man management from Hill. He knows we were awful and these comments ensure people are taking about him and not the players.
Keith on 13:06 - Aug 17 with 4530 viewsTalkingSutty

Keith on 12:41 - Aug 17 by SuddenLad

I'm surprised after all this time, that any reasonably intelligent individual actually tries to analyse his comments to such a degree.

We all know that half of what he says is said with his tongue stuck firmly in his cheek.

Hilly commented how good the fans are and then came out with his comment which just gives the media and fans an opportunity to respond, it's his own fault. Personally I think it's Hills modus operandi to become very defensive and start going off at tangents on the back of a few bad results, I think it's a pressure thing.

No matter what happens this season on the pitch Hillys job is safe, obviously negative results affect his own standing in the pecking order when it comes to the managerial chain though.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Keith on 14:14 - Aug 17 with 4355 viewsD_Alien

Keith on 12:57 - Aug 17 by borodale4

Great man management from Hill. He knows we were awful and these comments ensure people are taking about him and not the players.

Rubbish

We're talking about both, and are perfectly entitled to do so.

Hilly should try doing a days work for about a tenth of his salary in the real world, for example, on any ward in the NHS, or in a dead end job. Many of the people he's referring to when he talks about "if the fans start moaning" are the very people who do these things and then spend some of their very hard-earned money following the Dale.

It's utterly disrespectful. Do these fans have the choice of just walking away from their jobs?
[Post edited 17 Aug 2014 14:17]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Keith on 14:21 - Aug 17 with 4327 viewsborodale4

Keith on 14:14 - Aug 17 by D_Alien

Rubbish

We're talking about both, and are perfectly entitled to do so.

Hilly should try doing a days work for about a tenth of his salary in the real world, for example, on any ward in the NHS, or in a dead end job. Many of the people he's referring to when he talks about "if the fans start moaning" are the very people who do these things and then spend some of their very hard-earned money following the Dale.

It's utterly disrespectful. Do these fans have the choice of just walking away from their jobs?
[Post edited 17 Aug 2014 14:17]

Then never attend another game with him in charge if it upsets you that much. Or just grin when he talks because it's all for a reason. He had a go at the fans in his first stint and we had a pretty good time under him. The season is 2 games old........pick up the dummy and wait a while.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2014 14:24]
Keith on 14:22 - Aug 17 with 4325 viewsD_Alien

Keith on 14:21 - Aug 17 by borodale4

Then never attend another game with him in charge if it upsets you that much. Or just grin when he talks because it's all for a reason. He had a go at the fans in his first stint and we had a pretty good time under him. The season is 2 games old........pick up the dummy and wait a while.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2014 14:24]

Don't even try telling me what to do or not to do.

That's what KH thinks he's doing, but some of us just don't buy it, thanks.

Keith on 14:25 - Aug 17 with 4312 viewsborodale4

Keith on 14:22 - Aug 17 by D_Alien

Don't even try telling me what to do or not to do.

That's what KH thinks he's doing, but some of us just don't buy it, thanks.

Well you'll have to like it or lump it because even of we go down this year my money is on him being in charge next.
Keith on 14:29 - Aug 17 with 4287 viewsD_Alien

Keith on 14:25 - Aug 17 by borodale4

Well you'll have to like it or lump it because even of we go down this year my money is on him being in charge next.

There you go again.

Do what you want with your money, it's your choice.

I'm not expecting us to go down, not for one minute.

Can seriously do without the histrionics, though. KH doesn't realise how lucky he is to be doing a job he loves, and I'll repeat, his comments are downright disrespectful to many fans.

Keith on 14:31 - Aug 17 with 4264 viewsborodale4

You'll struggle to find many people in the industry who do respect the fans, it isn't nice but it's reality.
Keith on 14:34 - Aug 17 with 4251 viewsTalkingSutty

Keith on 14:25 - Aug 17 by borodale4

If it's down to the club or the fans then I agree Hilly will be in charge, but if the going gets tough or a better offer comes along who do you reckon will be the first to blink?

Hillys never been slow to use the media to his advantage and highlighting problems that don't really exist ( mentioning fans criticising) is something we got used to prior to him departing for Barnsley a few years ago, it's like a come and get me plea.

I am not saying this is the reason behind his latest comments but we have seen it all before haven't we?
Keith on 14:38 - Aug 17 with 4242 viewsborodale4

Keith on 14:34 - Aug 17 by TalkingSutty

If it's down to the club or the fans then I agree Hilly will be in charge, but if the going gets tough or a better offer comes along who do you reckon will be the first to blink?

Hillys never been slow to use the media to his advantage and highlighting problems that don't really exist ( mentioning fans criticising) is something we got used to prior to him departing for Barnsley a few years ago, it's like a come and get me plea.

I am not saying this is the reason behind his latest comments but we have seen it all before haven't we?

That's what surprises me about the reaction of some, this is nothing he hasn't done before and we pretty much all welcomed him back with open arms.
Keith on 14:39 - Aug 17 with 4235 viewsboromat

Keith on 12:57 - Aug 17 by borodale4

I agree normally this thread would be about Donnelly or needing a striker instead we're discussing hills comments.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Keith on 14:47 - Aug 17 with 4186 viewsTalkingSutty

Keith on 14:38 - Aug 17 by borodale4

That's what surprises me about the reaction of some, this is nothing he hasn't done before and we pretty much all welcomed him back with open arms.

I don't think it's an over the top reaction just a recognition by some supporters that they won't have Keith Hill even thinking that he can suppress their opinion by insinuating he will leave the club, so he is wasting his breath.
Keith on 15:07 - Aug 17 with 4102 viewsD_Alien

Keith on 14:39 - Aug 17 by boromat

I agree normally this thread would be about Donnelly or needing a striker instead we're discussing hills comments.

There's other threads on players, this ones on KH

That's why I said your comment was rubbish

Kidology works with kids. Stick the dummy in your own gob

Keith on 15:42 - Aug 17 with 4003 viewsTVOS1907

Keith on 12:32 - Aug 17 by TalkingSutty

I agree with some of your sentiments but think it's all gone a bit out of proportion.

It's unfortunate that one or two comments from behind the dugout and on here suddenly become 'the fans'.

His comments were actually made BEFORE yesterday's very poor performance and I've no idea what prompted him to say them. They don't help matters when we are losing and not playing too well, though.

As regards people who don't like his personality, etc, Graham Barrow was "a nice family man" according to some, as was Steve Eyre.

Let's get them back because their teams were great to watch and very successful.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Keith on 15:53 - Aug 17 with 3973 viewsTalkingSutty

Keith on 15:42 - Aug 17 by TVOS1907

I agree with some of your sentiments but think it's all gone a bit out of proportion.

It's unfortunate that one or two comments from behind the dugout and on here suddenly become 'the fans'.

His comments were actually made BEFORE yesterday's very poor performance and I've no idea what prompted him to say them. They don't help matters when we are losing and not playing too well, though.

As regards people who don't like his personality, etc, Graham Barrow was "a nice family man" according to some, as was Steve Eyre.

Let's get them back because their teams were great to watch and very successful.

Yes his comments where made a couple of days ago. I don't mind Hillys personality at the end of the day he is just managing our football club,it's up to him how he wants others to perceive him but on the flip side he needs to recognise other peoples personalities, we aren't all shrinking violets and if you have a dig you have to expect a reaction.
Keith on 16:05 - Aug 17 with 3949 viewsTVOS1907

Keith on 15:53 - Aug 17 by TalkingSutty

Yes his comments where made a couple of days ago. I don't mind Hillys personality at the end of the day he is just managing our football club,it's up to him how he wants others to perceive him but on the flip side he needs to recognise other peoples personalities, we aren't all shrinking violets and if you have a dig you have to expect a reaction.

Yes, I'd agree with that.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Keith on 16:36 - Aug 17 with 3879 viewsD_Alien

Keith on 14:39 - Aug 17 by boromat

Apologies boromat, in my reply I'd mistaken your username for borodale4

Even though you're wrong to agree with him!

Keith on 19:29 - Aug 17 with 3675 viewsborodale4

Keith on 16:36 - Aug 17 by D_Alien

Apologies boromat, in my reply I'd mistaken your username for borodale4

Even though you're wrong to agree with him!

Ha everyone is wrong apart from you.........what did you say about kidology.
Keith on 19:40 - Aug 17 with 3637 viewsJumeirahDale

The only histrionics I've seen has been on here!
Keith on 20:27 - Aug 17 with 3533 viewsSandyman

Keith on 19:40 - Aug 17 by JumeirahDale

The only histrionics I've seen has been on here!

True.

2 games into a season. We know and KH knows where we're short.

A few misinterpreted or (more likely) manipulated comments from the meejah wanting a story.

Crisis? What crisis? Don't be soft.

Keith Hill after two games in league one or Steve Eyre after 2 games in league one. Where would you rather be?

KHBA
[Post edited 17 Aug 2014 20:30]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024