Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill on GMR about the stadium 17:59 - Aug 23 with 13052 views442Dale

Would think it'll be online later, but he's not happy about the situation.

Over two weeks since it hit the press and there's been nothing further. Did any of the Dale fans who contacted the council get a reply?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hill on GMR about the stadium on 15:37 - Aug 24 with 2690 viewsThacks_Rabbits

I think we should send Tazzy round to debate with him until he gives in or resigns or starts to cry!!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Hill on GMR about the stadium on 18:35 - Aug 24 with 2493 viewselectricblue

Who tazzy......!

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Hill on GMR about the stadium on 11:05 - Aug 25 with 2326 viewsdownunder

Hill on GMR about the stadium on 15:37 - Aug 24 by Thacks_Rabbits

I think we should send Tazzy round to debate with him until he gives in or resigns or starts to cry!!!!!

If that comes off, please give me plenty of notice. Worth a trip back to witness that debite!
Hill on GMR about the stadium on 11:45 - Aug 25 with 2257 viewsdownunder

Hill on GMR about the stadium on 19:29 - Aug 23 by ColDale

agree in terms of the club needs to be more open about what is happening. If the manager can accuse the council of lies, then we need some substance behind that.

Maybe it's something for the local media such as RochdaleOnline to pick up on. Whatever the rights and wrongs, it is not appropriate for councillors to ignore such concerns.

Has anyone else sent emails to AB?

I have sent an email. To sum up...
Let RAFC take over the risk. 600 fans in a stadium built for 10,000 is a joke. Sort Mayfield RL into a stadium to suit." Cut your cloth to suit". Stop playing Rugby on a football pitch. Stop ignoring the people you serve.
Hill on GMR about the stadium on 11:56 - Aug 25 with 2225 views442Dale

Hill on GMR about the stadium on 11:45 - Aug 25 by downunder

Let RAFC take over the risk. 600 fans in a stadium built for 10,000 is a joke. Sort Mayfield RL into a stadium to suit." Cut your cloth to suit". Stop playing Rugby on a football pitch. Stop ignoring the people you serve.

This is nothing to do with Hornets playing at Spotland. The future would hopefully see them remain playing there no matter who owns the stadium.

Hill on GMR about the stadium on 12:24 - Aug 25 with 2166 viewsisitme

Hill on GMR about the stadium on 11:56 - Aug 25 by 442Dale

This is nothing to do with Hornets playing at Spotland. The future would hopefully see them remain playing there no matter who owns the stadium.

As long as they pay their rent and it is set at a fair fee then I have no problem with them playing at Spotland. I would speculate that this is one of the issues that Brett would not want Hornets being kicked out.

Now if Hornets do not pay their rent then that is a different matter.
Hill on GMR about the stadium on 14:17 - Aug 25 with 2044 viewsKenBoon

Hill on GMR about the stadium on 11:45 - Aug 25 by downunder

I'm not sure emails along that line help. The point here is to get ownership of the stadium so it can start earning money. If the master plan was to boot a rent paying Hornets on their backside then it'd be a very brave councillor who'd go along with it. I feel the reality is a rent paying Hornets is far better than no tenant at all. It also benefits the community. If the council tax payer and community are better off then the council have no solid argument against.
Hill on GMR about the stadium on 16:49 - Aug 25 with 1929 viewsParkinsGimp

But everyone knows Hornets cant pay their bills. I believe they were even training on the pitch some years ago on Thursday nights using electric that they had no intention of paying .
This is why they will not allow the football club take over because we will evict them( as any other landlord would do) when they fail to pay their commitments.
Isnt there a ploughed field in Castleton that they can play on and get 600 to stand around! Maybe the scousers might push off then and not send acadamy players along the East lancs....if they still do.
Login to get fewer ads

Hill on GMR about the stadium on 19:14 - Aug 25 with 1833 viewsR17ALE

Hill on GMR about the stadium on 16:49 - Aug 25 by ParkinsGimp

But everyone knows Hornets cant pay their bills. I believe they were even training on the pitch some years ago on Thursday nights using electric that they had no intention of paying .
This is why they will not allow the football club take over because we will evict them( as any other landlord would do) when they fail to pay their commitments.
Isnt there a ploughed field in Castleton that they can play on and get 600 to stand around! Maybe the scousers might push off then and not send acadamy players along the East lancs....if they still do.

600?

I don't think Hornets have consistently averaged that many in over 20 years.

400 will be nearer the mark. And I'm being generous there.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Hill on GMR about the stadium on 20:21 - Aug 25 with 1721 viewsDickydaler

Hill on GMR about the stadium on 16:49 - Aug 25 by ParkinsGimp

Eh, we don't want them in Castleton either, thank you very much. Whats wrong with Balderstone park or over near Littleborough cricket ground!
Hill on GMR about the stadium on 21:02 - Aug 25 with 1632 viewsRAFCBLUE

I don't think the issue is Hornets here - they are tenants like we are. If you look at the three part owners of the ground then I think you end up summarising their positions as follows:

RFL - handed the Hornets shareholding on reformation (rightly or wrongly) and have prime interest in seeing rugby league in the town. There is no interest in developing Spotland or turning it into a revenue stream under a shared management structure.

Council - hold their position by default as a result of a 1980's(?) transaction where they had the casting vote on keeping two local professional sporting clubs happy and held the casting vote to ensure that the interest of one were not disadvantaged against the other. They is no interest here in developing Spotland or turning it into a revenue stream under a shared management structure. If there was - it would have been done years ago!

So the questions then become:

1) Will RFL sell their share - motivations will be keeping Hornets at Spotland for a certain (lifetime) future period
2) Will the Council sell their share - motivations will be keeping their financial contribution to a minimum and ensuring that the Hornets presence is maintained.

Why would the RFL not sell to the football club in return for a 99 year lease for Rochdale Hornets on a per game basis, increasing with RPI annually? They get a guarantee of professional rugby in the town for 400 people until such time that there isn't a team or the 99 years expire - given the state of rugby league sadly that will be the former rather than the latter.

The council and their representatives on the stadium company are minority but controlling stakeholder only because of the past.

Their duty is to professional sport in the town under both codes as market forces demand - not to let their egos or prejudices play for or against the football club.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2014 21:05]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Hill on GMR about the stadium on 21:32 - Aug 25 with 1576 viewsdownunder

Hill on GMR about the stadium on 21:02 - Aug 25 by RAFCBLUE

I don't think the issue is Hornets here - they are tenants like we are. If you look at the three part owners of the ground then I think you end up summarising their positions as follows:

RFL - handed the Hornets shareholding on reformation (rightly or wrongly) and have prime interest in seeing rugby league in the town. There is no interest in developing Spotland or turning it into a revenue stream under a shared management structure.

Council - hold their position by default as a result of a 1980's(?) transaction where they had the casting vote on keeping two local professional sporting clubs happy and held the casting vote to ensure that the interest of one were not disadvantaged against the other. They is no interest here in developing Spotland or turning it into a revenue stream under a shared management structure. If there was - it would have been done years ago!

So the questions then become:

1) Will RFL sell their share - motivations will be keeping Hornets at Spotland for a certain (lifetime) future period
2) Will the Council sell their share - motivations will be keeping their financial contribution to a minimum and ensuring that the Hornets presence is maintained.

Why would the RFL not sell to the football club in return for a 99 year lease for Rochdale Hornets on a per game basis, increasing with RPI annually? They get a guarantee of professional rugby in the town for 400 people until such time that there isn't a team or the 99 years expire - given the state of rugby league sadly that will be the former rather than the latter.

The council and their representatives on the stadium company are minority but controlling stakeholder only because of the past.

Their duty is to professional sport in the town under both codes as market forces demand - not to let their egos or prejudices play for or against the football club.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2014 21:05]

My gut feeling is that the loss is because a stadium is being opened up for 400-600 people. If Hornets can get crowds of 2000 on a regular basis, then, I should think, it would be cost effective. I would still argue that the two sports should not be played on the same pitch.
Hill on GMR about the stadium on 21:37 - Aug 25 with 1565 viewstazzydjr

Hill on GMR about the stadium on 21:32 - Aug 25 by downunder

My gut feeling is that the loss is because a stadium is being opened up for 400-600 people. If Hornets can get crowds of 2000 on a regular basis, then, I should think, it would be cost effective. I would still argue that the two sports should not be played on the same pitch.

I agree & Don't Hornet train at Mayfield anyhow?

I'd swap Hornet's for Rochdale Town FC any-day of the week? least then we know just Football is being played on that Pitch.

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Hill on GMR about the stadium on 21:50 - Aug 25 with 1529 views442Dale

Hill on GMR about the stadium on 21:32 - Aug 25 by downunder

It can't be reiterated enough that the current situation regarding the stadium isn't really anything to do with a debate about Hornets. Bringing them into it muddies the water as it's already been stated they will have a future at Spotland.

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/clubstatement-07.04.14-1472444.aspx

Hill on GMR about the stadium on 13:24 - Aug 26 with 1274 views442Dale

Hill's comments are the main story on the back of the Ob. Looking forward to their investigative journalism on the subject rather than printing interviews we've all heard.

Hill on GMR about the stadium on 13:34 - Aug 26 with 1253 viewsTVOS1907

Hill on GMR about the stadium on 13:24 - Aug 26 by 442Dale

Hill's comments are the main story on the back of the Ob. Looking forward to their investigative journalism on the subject rather than printing interviews we've all heard.

Nice discreet picture too.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hill on GMR about the stadium on 13:40 - Aug 26 with 1244 viewsjudd

Rumour has it that the RFL, in conjunction with St Helens and AN Other interested party, have put a counter bid in.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Hill on GMR about the stadium on 13:43 - Aug 26 with 1235 viewsScunnydale

Hill on GMR about the stadium on 13:40 - Aug 26 by judd

Rumour has it that the RFL, in conjunction with St Helens and AN Other interested party, have put a counter bid in.

If that's the case, are we in a position to move (or at least threaten that)?
Hill on GMR about the stadium on 13:57 - Aug 26 with 1195 viewsTVOS1907

I bet Brett's aware of that!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hill on GMR about the stadium on 14:03 - Aug 26 with 1178 viewsTalkingSutty

It doesn't seem that Hornets transferring their shares over to the RFL was a legal transaction anyway. I would be surprised if St Helens or anybody else would be in a position to put any bid in, I don't see how there can be any legal binding transaction between the Stadium Company and the RFL.
Hill on GMR about the stadium on 14:13 - Aug 26 with 1151 viewsJumeirahDale

Separating the Trust / Bowlee palaver for a moment, is it worth the club doing another share issue program similar to the one done a few years ago, if the need arises?
Hill on GMR about the stadium on 14:15 - Aug 26 with 1148 viewsnordenblue

Hill on GMR about the stadium on 14:03 - Aug 26 by TalkingSutty

It doesn't seem that Hornets transferring their shares over to the RFL was a legal transaction anyway. I would be surprised if St Helens or anybody else would be in a position to put any bid in, I don't see how there can be any legal binding transaction between the Stadium Company and the RFL.

St Helens only built a new stadium in the last couple of years so id imagine they've no interest at all in anything to do with Spotland apart from sending the odd player there for match fitness when it suits them, im sure someone like Vespa will clear everything up for us though,
Hill on GMR about the stadium on 14:15 - Aug 26 with 1146 viewsDickster

Hill on GMR about the stadium on 21:37 - Aug 25 by tazzydjr

I agree & Don't Hornet train at Mayfield anyhow?

I'd swap Hornet's for Rochdale Town FC any-day of the week? least then we know just Football is being played on that Pitch.

Why do you want only football to be played on the pitch?
Hill on GMR about the stadium on 14:31 - Aug 26 with 1112 viewsTalkingSutty

Hill on GMR about the stadium on 14:15 - Aug 26 by Dickster

Why do you want only football to be played on the pitch?

The ideal solution would be to secure Hornets as tenants on a long term lease and obviously charge them a rent but set it at a sum that is reasonable. The towns down in the dumps as it is and the rugby club going bust would be tragic, it has a lot of history, that's from somebody who doesn't even like rugby.

As a Dale fan I wouldn't want to think the Football Club was instrumental in Hornets demise, that would turn quite a lot of the Rochdale sporting public against the club.Time for everybody to get their heads together and forget trying to score points, sort things out to the benefit of both sporting codes and the supporters.
Hill on GMR about the stadium on 14:45 - Aug 26 with 1085 viewsnordenblue

Hill on GMR about the stadium on 14:31 - Aug 26 by TalkingSutty

The ideal solution would be to secure Hornets as tenants on a long term lease and obviously charge them a rent but set it at a sum that is reasonable. The towns down in the dumps as it is and the rugby club going bust would be tragic, it has a lot of history, that's from somebody who doesn't even like rugby.

As a Dale fan I wouldn't want to think the Football Club was instrumental in Hornets demise, that would turn quite a lot of the Rochdale sporting public against the club.Time for everybody to get their heads together and forget trying to score points, sort things out to the benefit of both sporting codes and the supporters.

Get razz involved he loves a good game of "ruggers" old chap I seem to remember!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024