Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Justice.. 17:25 - Aug 28 with 3545 viewsdale1968

So Andrew Flintoff has blagged his way out of a Speeding Ban because it would cause him Hardship due to his Charity Work.

He should have been banned, as 99.9% of people are when they reach 12 pts on their Licence.
I find the Judicial system in this country a Joke.The guy is after all a Millionaire and could afford a Chauffer.

One Rule For One and One for the rest.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

No Justice.. on 17:37 - Aug 28 with 3501 viewsD_Alien

The "hardship" would have been on others, not Flintoff himself...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-28972176

Plus, I know it's no excuse, but I've never done less than 90mph on that stretch of motorway.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

No Justice.. on 17:46 - Aug 28 with 3474 viewsSuddenLad

No Justice.. on 17:37 - Aug 28 by D_Alien

The "hardship" would have been on others, not Flintoff himself...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-28972176

Plus, I know it's no excuse, but I've never done less than 90mph on that stretch of motorway.

Don't blame Flintoff. He admitted the offence. His legal representative and the magistrates decided not to disqualify him.

It's actually quite common, but only gets publicised when it happens to celebrities and others in the public eye.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

No Justice.. on 18:43 - Aug 28 with 3369 viewsArthurDaley

At least he didn't use the Fergie excuse he had the two bob bits.

Did he use the celeb lawyer Nick Freeman ?

A large VAT Dave

No Justice.. on 18:57 - Aug 28 with 3341 viewsKenBoon

Don't let it bother you. People get away with far, far worse and it never gets reported.
No Justice.. on 19:17 - Aug 28 with 3297 viewsD_Alien

No Justice.. on 18:57 - Aug 28 by KenBoon

Don't let it bother you. People get away with far, far worse and it never gets reported.

Including the literally 1000's of motorists who drive at 85+ mph every single day, the vast majority of them in perfect safety with no danger to anyone.

Yes, technically Flintoff was breaking the law, but I'd suggest he was guilty of little more than driving a Bentley at half its capacity.

No Justice.. on 19:38 - Aug 28 with 3249 viewsnordenblue

No Justice.. on 19:17 - Aug 28 by D_Alien

Including the literally 1000's of motorists who drive at 85+ mph every single day, the vast majority of them in perfect safety with no danger to anyone.

Yes, technically Flintoff was breaking the law, but I'd suggest he was guilty of little more than driving a Bentley at half its capacity.

The 70mph limit was set in the 60s when cars had nowhere near the braking capabilities and safety features of every single vehicle on the road today, it should have been increased years ago but for the revenue it produces.
On another note the HGV limit for single carriageways is under review to increase from its current 40 to 50mph to help with congestion,currently the cause of many a car drivers rage
No Justice.. on 19:51 - Aug 28 with 3226 viewsBigDaveMyCock

No Justice.. on 19:17 - Aug 28 by D_Alien

This guy did his fair share of speeding.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

No Justice.. on 07:33 - Aug 29 with 3005 viewsaleanddale

Cumbria police use that stetch as a cash cow big time - it contributes ££thousands into the pot.

when its quiet they kerching over 50% of cars that pass on a long stretch with a mobile van on a bridge just over the crest of a hill that you cant spot it until its too late.

Every driver over 79mph gets done ( 10% + 2mph ).

I always now try and sit at 75/76mph on the cumbrian M6 stretch north and southbound so i suppose its doing its job slowing people down.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2014 9:29]
Login to get fewer ads

No Justice.. on 07:44 - Aug 29 with 2999 viewsScunnydale

And while people are constantly checking their speedo, they're not checking other things like blindspots and road.
No Justice.. on 09:37 - Aug 29 with 2913 viewsFrog

Don't know how true it is but I read that the speed limit won't be raised because the crash barriers aren't designed to cope with an increase in speed.
No Justice.. on 12:12 - Aug 29 with 2834 viewsrod_leach

No Justice.. on 07:44 - Aug 29 by Scunnydale

And while people are constantly checking their speedo, they're not checking other things like blindspots and road.

You don't need to constantly check your speed if you learn to drive around 70mph. Far more relaxing and you don't arrive much later.
No Justice.. on 12:21 - Aug 29 with 2821 viewsD_Alien

No Justice.. on 07:33 - Aug 29 by aleanddale

Cumbria police use that stetch as a cash cow big time - it contributes ££thousands into the pot.

when its quiet they kerching over 50% of cars that pass on a long stretch with a mobile van on a bridge just over the crest of a hill that you cant spot it until its too late.

Every driver over 79mph gets done ( 10% + 2mph ).

I always now try and sit at 75/76mph on the cumbrian M6 stretch north and southbound so i suppose its doing its job slowing people down.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2014 9:29]

Thanks for the tip off. I haven't used that stretch for a couple of years now but will stick the cruise control on 78mph.

That will reduce my journey time for no good reason and incur greater fuel costs because my engine is somehow tuned to be more fuel efficient at 85mph than 75mph - something I've observed through trial and error. I'm guessing that's where the torque is at it's most efficient, especially in #hilly stretches such as the northern lakes.

No Justice.. on 13:05 - Aug 29 with 2760 viewsTVOS1907

No Justice.. on 12:21 - Aug 29 by D_Alien

Thanks for the tip off. I haven't used that stretch for a couple of years now but will stick the cruise control on 78mph.

That will reduce my journey time for no good reason and incur greater fuel costs because my engine is somehow tuned to be more fuel efficient at 85mph than 75mph - something I've observed through trial and error. I'm guessing that's where the torque is at it's most efficient, especially in #hilly stretches such as the northern lakes.

How efficient is it round Asda car park?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

No Justice.. on 13:35 - Aug 29 with 2725 viewsD_Alien

No Justice.. on 13:05 - Aug 29 by TVOS1907

How efficient is it round Asda car park?

Depends whether I'm held up by anyone queue-jumping the exit.

No Justice.. on 14:46 - Aug 29 with 2677 viewshitman

Talking of justice !
No Justice.. on 14:53 - Aug 29 with 2668 viewsnordenblue

No Justice.. on 14:46 - Aug 29 by hitman

Talking of justice !

Dont get the natives restless on here posting that
No Justice.. on 14:55 - Aug 29 with 2666 viewsisitme

Talking of justice !

Racist!
No Justice.. on 14:57 - Aug 29 with 2664 viewsColDale

Talking of justice !

discrimination against former Dale players
No Justice.. on 15:09 - Aug 29 with 2640 viewshitman

No Justice.. on 14:57 - Aug 29 by ColDale

discrimination against former Dale players

Exactly col
No Justice.. on 16:06 - Aug 29 with 2596 viewsD_Alien

No Justice.. on 12:12 - Aug 29 by rod_leach

You don't need to constantly check your speed if you learn to drive around 70mph. Far more relaxing and you don't arrive much later.

"Learn" to drive around 70mph?

That would put me in grave danger of falling asleep at the wheel at that constant speed on a quiet motorway.

The current 50mph restrictions on the M62 from Rochdale are fair enough at peak times - and that's the key. Simply drive according to the traffic and weather conditions.

No Justice.. on 22:38 - Aug 29 with 2480 viewsPale_Dale

We deal with police enquiries at work so as part of staff development I often take junior members of staff to the magistrates courts so they can sit in on the cases and get a feel for what happens to the types of things they have given statements on.

One morning we sat in and heard about 8 cases. 7 of them were scum in tracksuits driving whilst banned countless times and so on and got the usual £100 fine paid at £5 per week and banned from driving even though they don't have a licence. 1 fella turns up in a suit for speeding and got a much harsher penalty. From that moment I realised if I ever went before a court for anything I would go to a charity shop first and dress like a tramp and plead poverty.

There was another where I was summoned to give evidence in Bristol against an uninsured driver. Had to drive up and stay over on the Sunday at the tax payers expense for a 10am trial. Defendant doesn't show so police are sent to arrest him. They get him in but magistrate decides its lunch time so they will do it in the afternoon and let him walk back out. He then comes back pleading he can't be tried because he has been to the pub and is drunk so they delay it until the last case of the day which irritated me no end as I should have been home by then. He was found guilty and given a £270 fine. However he already had £1600 of unpaid fines so having pleaded hardship they knocked £1200 off leaving him now owing considerably less than what he owed before the offence. And they say crime doesn't pay. British justice is laughable.

He had also claimed police brutality which meant 5 officers also had to spend the day there also which was thrown out. My petrol, hotel, parking together with wages for 5 officers for an entire shift and the scum bags are playing the system and magistrates are clueless.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2014 22:43]
No Justice.. on 23:56 - Aug 29 with 2439 viewsrod_leach

No Justice.. on 16:06 - Aug 29 by D_Alien

"Learn" to drive around 70mph?

That would put me in grave danger of falling asleep at the wheel at that constant speed on a quiet motorway.

The current 50mph restrictions on the M62 from Rochdale are fair enough at peak times - and that's the key. Simply drive according to the traffic and weather conditions.

I've not fallen asleep once since doing so. It's just a question of re educating yourself. And there's no danger of getting caught speeding and fined.
No Justice.. on 13:39 - Aug 30 with 2345 viewsD_Alien

No Justice.. on 23:56 - Aug 29 by rod_leach

I've not fallen asleep once since doing so. It's just a question of re educating yourself. And there's no danger of getting caught speeding and fined.

I enjoy driving, it's not just a matter of getting from A to B.

I haven't been caught speeding since 1995. I don't drive dangerously, therefore I don't need re-educating, thankyou.

The people who do need re-educating are those who sit at 68mph in the middle lane with the inner lane clear of traffic as far as the eye can see. Except their eyesight probably isn't very good. Do you check your mirror, btw? Take a good look next time.

No Justice.. on 13:46 - Aug 30 with 2330 viewsScunnydale

Amen! Driving is fun not a chore. Perhaps it's because I don't commute and driving is for pleasure (driven across the US, driven to Mongolia, and all round Europe).

As D_Alien says, drive to the conditions (weather, road and traffic) and you'll be fine. Drove up to Cumbria last weekend (via the A66) and the A1 was ludicrous. Someone in the outside lane insisted on driving at 68 miles an hour so that lane was blocked for miles because no one could get past, due to the undertaking laws
[Post edited 30 Aug 2014 13:48]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024