Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield Saturday 20:24 - Sep 9 with 7589 viewsanimal8

Can someone tell me whats the parking like in Sheffield. Is it ok near the ground ,Also what about pubs .Cheers in advance .
Sheffield Saturday on 20:32 - Sep 9 with 6596 views442Dale

We parked in the multi-storey near the station. Loads of pubs round there and about a 15/20 min walk to the ground.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Sheffield Saturday on 21:18 - Sep 9 with 6515 viewsmeeee

sorry to highjack the thread but are we in the lower tier or upper tier on saturday?
Sheffield Saturday on 21:38 - Sep 9 with 6486 viewsmacro

Sheffield Saturday on 21:18 - Sep 9 by meeee

sorry to highjack the thread but are we in the lower tier or upper tier on saturday?

Upper I think
Sheffield Saturday on 21:51 - Sep 9 with 6460 viewsBartRowou

Sheffield Saturday on 20:32 - Sep 9 by 442Dale

We parked in the multi-storey near the station. Loads of pubs round there and about a 15/20 min walk to the ground.

He neglects to point out that it cost a tenner.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Sheffield Saturday on 21:52 - Sep 9 with 6458 views442Dale

Sheffield Saturday on 21:51 - Sep 9 by BartRowou

He neglects to point out that it cost a tenner.

Thought it was a fiver?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Sheffield Saturday on 22:02 - Sep 9 with 6427 viewsTVOS1907

Sheffield Saturday on 21:52 - Sep 9 by 442Dale

Thought it was a fiver?

JPT prices

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Sheffield Saturday on 11:57 - Sep 10 with 6167 viewsWhiteyBFC

Sheffield is a shit-hole. I hope this helps.

If they don't get the result they expect, and you're making your way back to the train station, keep your wits about you. Horrid bunch.
Sheffield Saturday on 14:12 - Sep 10 with 6019 viewsSheffdale

Sheffield Saturday on 11:57 - Sep 10 by WhiteyBFC

Sheffield is a shit-hole. I hope this helps.

If they don't get the result they expect, and you're making your way back to the train station, keep your wits about you. Horrid bunch.

On a less-tongue in cheek note than Whitey, Sheffield ain't so bad at all. We've been here for a quarter of a century and never had any trouble. being careful on way back to station would apply to all grounds - even Barnsley I dare say.

As for parking, there should be cheaper options on Arundel Gate even nearer to the ground than the station. The Moor Market Car Park past Staples will be cheaper than the Q-parks down by the station and opposite Sheffield Hallam Uni. No real on street parking as most is permit only around the ground.

Looking forward to the game - family outing and expecting better fare than we served up at Chesterfield.
Login to get fewer ads

Sheffield Saturday on 15:51 - Sep 10 with 5933 viewsbuckbyname

Park at Meadowhall for free and catch the tram
Sheffield Saturday on 16:33 - Sep 10 with 5892 viewsD_Alien

Sheffield Saturday on 14:12 - Sep 10 by Sheffdale

On a less-tongue in cheek note than Whitey, Sheffield ain't so bad at all. We've been here for a quarter of a century and never had any trouble. being careful on way back to station would apply to all grounds - even Barnsley I dare say.

As for parking, there should be cheaper options on Arundel Gate even nearer to the ground than the station. The Moor Market Car Park past Staples will be cheaper than the Q-parks down by the station and opposite Sheffield Hallam Uni. No real on street parking as most is permit only around the ground.

Looking forward to the game - family outing and expecting better fare than we served up at Chesterfield.

Any decent pub car parking options within walking distance?

I'm a fast walker, must be a decent pint of cask though.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sheffield Saturday on 19:19 - Sep 10 with 5788 viewsSheffdale

Sheffield Saturday on 16:33 - Sep 10 by D_Alien

Any decent pub car parking options within walking distance?

I'm a fast walker, must be a decent pint of cask though.

The bar at the station, The Sheffield Tap, has many guest beers and has a good reputation. Ecclesall Road just far enough from the ground not to be full of Blades supporters has plenty of options starting with a Wetherspoons, The Sheaf Island, which is like all Wetherspoons I guess - you get what you pay for. The Nursery at bit further up the road on the right will be fine too. If you're making a day of it, then the pubs in Kelham Island, such as the Fat Cat or Kelham Island Tavern, well known in real ale circles are well worth a visit. Take the tram to Shalesmoor - about a mile away from Bramall Lane. Local breweries such as Kelham Island, Abbeydale Brewery and Thornbridge do a variety of fine ales.
Sheffield Saturday on 21:26 - Sep 10 with 5662 viewsD_Alien

Sheffield Saturday on 19:19 - Sep 10 by Sheffdale

The bar at the station, The Sheffield Tap, has many guest beers and has a good reputation. Ecclesall Road just far enough from the ground not to be full of Blades supporters has plenty of options starting with a Wetherspoons, The Sheaf Island, which is like all Wetherspoons I guess - you get what you pay for. The Nursery at bit further up the road on the right will be fine too. If you're making a day of it, then the pubs in Kelham Island, such as the Fat Cat or Kelham Island Tavern, well known in real ale circles are well worth a visit. Take the tram to Shalesmoor - about a mile away from Bramall Lane. Local breweries such as Kelham Island, Abbeydale Brewery and Thornbridge do a variety of fine ales.

Cheers!

Sheffield Saturday on 10:55 - Sep 11 with 5487 viewsdeezel

The bar at the station is very good but from memory they don't allow away fans in wearing replica shirts and have stewards on the door
Sheffield Saturday on 11:15 - Sep 11 with 5467 viewsScunnydale

Sheffield Saturday on 10:55 - Sep 11 by deezel

The bar at the station is very good but from memory they don't allow away fans in wearing replica shirts and have stewards on the door

The Tap's a good 'un, but can be quite expensive if you're not careful. I'm pretty sure deezel's right, I was there for the Sheff Wed/Leeds match the other year (when Kirkland was punched) and they didn't allow fans in replica kits in. Although that was understandable on that occasion..!

Henry's on Cambridge Street is worth a visit too if you like craft beers and the like.
Sheffield Saturday on 11:15 - Sep 11 with 5466 viewsPDIDDY

Penny black :)

Gissa job

Sheffield Saturday on 11:53 - Sep 11 with 5441 views_dezzy

Sheffield Saturday on 11:15 - Sep 11 by PDIDDY

Penny black :)

When me and 3L was on way home on train from chesterfield. Some sheff u fans said we should come for a pint with them in there.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2014 11:57]

KHBA

Sheffield Saturday on 12:34 - Sep 11 with 5400 viewsPDIDDY

Sheffield Saturday on 11:53 - Sep 11 by _dezzy

When me and 3L was on way home on train from chesterfield. Some sheff u fans said we should come for a pint with them in there.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2014 11:57]

A rough pub tbh, Sheff utd pub, owned by a Wednesday fan, who is the uncle of one of our lot, usually call in when around that area. Last time, 3 coach loads en route to chesterfield for the promotion party

Gissa job

Sheffield Saturday on 21:56 - Sep 11 with 5229 viewsPale_Dale

Drive past the ground and in particular the away entrance. There are a couple of pay and displays on the road facing and if you are there before 1ish you will get one for a couple of quid and like I said easy for a quick getaway. Seating is awful for legroom unless you are a dwarf.
Sheffield Saturday on 22:03 - Sep 11 with 5211 viewsdeezel

Sheffield Saturday on 21:56 - Sep 11 by Pale_Dale

Drive past the ground and in particular the away entrance. There are a couple of pay and displays on the road facing and if you are there before 1ish you will get one for a couple of quid and like I said easy for a quick getaway. Seating is awful for legroom unless you are a dwarf.

Is TTN going to the game?
Sheffield Saturday on 22:06 - Sep 11 with 5199 viewsTTNYear

I shall be stretching my legs then.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Sheffield Saturday on 22:08 - Sep 11 with 5196 viewsdeezel

Arf...good timing
Sheffield Saturday on 22:16 - Sep 11 with 5186 viewsBrierls

I wouldn't recommend The Nursery Tavern for away fans on a match day, it was my local when at Uni and is very much a Blades pub complete with some nutters! I know it's gone more upmarket over the past 5-10 years, so things may be different, but it wasn't exactly a rough pub back then but it still attracted the undesirables.

If anybody does head to Ecclesall Road and like a decent ale I'd recommend the Porter Brook, which is further up on the left just before you get it Hunters Bar roundabout. The Frog & Parrot on Division Street is worth a visit and has a great selection of Sumbuca!
Sheffield Saturday on 22:24 - Sep 11 with 5168 viewsWhiteyBFC

Sheffield Saturday on 14:12 - Sep 10 by Sheffdale

To be fair, pal, a Wednesday or United away day is my favourite. Great place for ale, easy to get to ont train etc, and we always take thousands to either so makes for a cracking atmosphere.

Our last visit to Bumhole Stain was my favourite away day ever, even beating the Huddersfield finale under Flitcroft.

Sending the Blunts down. Where they've been ever since. Bless em.

Sheffield Saturday on 19:14 - Sep 13 with 4885 viewsD_Alien

Gave the Kelham Island Tavern a go, and wasn't disappointed. Managed to park for free at the nearby Fat Cat/Kelham brewery car park. Meant a rapid 20 minute walk through the centre but no traffic queues on exit, so cheers again for the suggestions.

Sheffield Saturday on 19:25 - Sep 13 with 4845 viewsDaleaholic

Parked opposite the away end for free... Nice and easy.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024