Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We footballed them to death 21:55 - Sep 16 with 8719 viewsYouTubeDale

What a TEAM performance that was. Unbelievable.

Dawson immense, the whole team fantastic. It could have been 8-0 without exaggeration.

Only disappointment was the low crowd to witness it.

Top half finish now , surely.

Up the Dale !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 21:57]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

We footballed them to death on 22:03 - Sep 16 with 4372 views442Dale

Very good win against very poor opposition. They had 3/4 players all of the same ilk - probably great at five a side or when winning 3-0.

Defensively we're solid now. O'Connell has made all the difference as hoped, with one lucky goal conceded in the four games since he's been back. Eastham has been equally impressive though and Lancashire may have a long wait.

Dawson rightly man of the match. His high energy display in the role Gary Jones had last time we were in L1 creates issues for teams who want time on the ball in their own half. He won't get as many goals as Jones did that year (not on pens for a start...) but Hill's found a position which suits him far better than the deep lying one many thought he'd play. Masterstroke as I can't recall seeing him play that advanced before.
Hery makes all the difference when we want to shift play quickly and we have to accept the odd occasion he loses it. Hope Hill will too.

Up front Done and Henderson are causing havoc right now, despite not playing as a traditional 'two up top'. The only surprising thing was the two easier chances both missed after great finishes for their goals. And if either if Henderson's two more outrageous efforts had gone in we wouldn't be bothering with the rest of the game.

The crowd was really much lower than expected despite the good promotions available. The club will hopefully look at the take up of these and find out what improvements can be made. eg. Did all season ticket holders use their vouchers? If not, why not? Champions League can't be the reason, those games hardly capture the imagination.

Anyway, the football is the main focus tonight. We're producing goals and performances. Can't ask for much more even if there's the odd defeat along the way.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

We footballed them to death on 22:14 - Sep 16 with 4241 viewsisitme

Great performance from every player.

To answer 442. I didn't use my voucher as nobody I knew who didn't already have a season ticket could or wanted to make the game.

The club gave hundreds of tickets away and ran the friend for a fiver scheme. Both were promoted extensively for weeks. You cannot blame the club. Night game, three games in a week and yes free Champions' League games on TV are all factors out of the club's control.

I was discussing this issue with a fellow message boarder tonight and he said even if it was free entry we would have been lucky to attract 3500.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 22:28]
We footballed them to death on 22:19 - Sep 16 with 4187 viewsKenBoon

Yet no Manchester City or Manchester United (ha ha) on the telly. Was Stevie Me's Merseyside Bin Dippers or Arsenal really worth staying home for? Coventry match on Saturday probably took a few hundred off the home crowd.
We footballed them to death on 22:21 - Sep 16 with 4171 viewshxdale

It was the speed fitness of the whole team what a performance, totally agreed we gave them a footballing display.. What a game, 100% FROM EVERY SINGLE PLAYER.. Shame re crowd, solid defence magnificent midfield, well the front guys speechless... KHBA
We footballed them to death on 22:23 - Sep 16 with 4136 viewsisitme

We footballed them to death on 22:19 - Sep 16 by KenBoon

Yet no Manchester City or Manchester United (ha ha) on the telly. Was Stevie Me's Merseyside Bin Dippers or Arsenal really worth staying home for? Coventry match on Saturday probably took a few hundred off the home crowd.

Not for regular supporters but for most floating supporters the option of free Champions' League game on TV or pay to watch your local league one team is unfortunately an easy decision.

I'm sure our game was better than Liverpool's or Arsenal's. Henderson's two shots were worth the admission fee alone.
We footballed them to death on 22:26 - Sep 16 with 4099 views100notout

The crowd was really much lower than expected despite the good promotions available.

What promotions?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

We footballed them to death on 22:27 - Sep 16 with 4091 views1907

Judging by attendances off Sky Sports. Most Championship gates all looked relatively down tonight
We footballed them to death on 22:35 - Sep 16 with 3990 views442Dale

We footballed them to death on 22:14 - Sep 16 by isitme

Great performance from every player.

To answer 442. I didn't use my voucher as nobody I knew who didn't already have a season ticket could or wanted to make the game.

The club gave hundreds of tickets away and ran the friend for a fiver scheme. Both were promoted extensively for weeks. You cannot blame the club. Night game, three games in a week and yes free Champions' League games on TV are all factors out of the club's control.

I was discussing this issue with a fellow message boarder tonight and he said even if it was free entry we would have been lucky to attract 3500.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 22:28]

Nobody is blaming the club, the offers were good. But the work starts now. Find out why the vouchers weren't used - your answer is probably a typical one. Maybe we need to reassess the vouchers in STs, but let's look at the info by contacting people.

How did the junior team promotion go as the club said there had been a very good uptake? Did they all know about the opportunity to win a signed shirt for their club?

That was lower than any league crowd last season on a reasonable night, but why? What more can we do? If its nothing, then fine, but we should have expected a couple of hundred more there tonight. If not, we wouldn't be discussing it.

But this shouldn't distract from a great result. All the above should be being done and presumably it will be, so no point getting too involved in it when the club will be disappointed too and looking what to change next time.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 22:39]

Login to get fewer ads

We footballed them to death on 22:37 - Sep 16 with 3955 viewsBigDaveMyCock

We were light years ahead of them. Not a below par performance from anyone of them. Still got Lund and Lancashire to come in n'all.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

We footballed them to death on 22:40 - Sep 16 with 3907 viewsdalenumber2

We footballed them to death on 22:35 - Sep 16 by 442Dale

Nobody is blaming the club, the offers were good. But the work starts now. Find out why the vouchers weren't used - your answer is probably a typical one. Maybe we need to reassess the vouchers in STs, but let's look at the info by contacting people.

How did the junior team promotion go as the club said there had been a very good uptake? Did they all know about the opportunity to win a signed shirt for their club?

That was lower than any league crowd last season on a reasonable night, but why? What more can we do? If its nothing, then fine, but we should have expected a couple of hundred more there tonight. If not, we wouldn't be discussing it.

But this shouldn't distract from a great result. All the above should be being done and presumably it will be, so no point getting too involved in it when the club will be disappointed too and looking what to change next time.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 22:39]

Was the bring a friend for a fiver voucher in my season ticket only valid for tonight's game? Didn't realise this.
We footballed them to death on 22:42 - Sep 16 with 3883 views442Dale

We footballed them to death on 22:37 - Sep 16 by BigDaveMyCock

We were light years ahead of them. Not a below par performance from anyone of them. Still got Lund and Lancashire to come in n'all.

Lund could be fighting with Dawson for a place now. The deeper two looks to be Allen & Hery as they work well together.

We footballed them to death on 22:44 - Sep 16 with 3861 viewsTVOS1907

We footballed them to death on 22:40 - Sep 16 by dalenumber2

Was the bring a friend for a fiver voucher in my season ticket only valid for tonight's game? Didn't realise this.

Yes and it's still something I don't understand.

Why not allow people who didn't use theirs tonight, for whatever reasons, to use it at another night game later in the season?

We've got Crewe and Swindon at home on Tuesdays in 2015 as well as any rearranged fixtures.

I simply cannot see any reason why unused vouchers can't be used then instead.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

We footballed them to death on 22:44 - Sep 16 with 3858 views100notout

We'll sell Lund in January before he leaves for nothing in the summer.

Don't need him imho.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

We footballed them to death on 23:06 - Sep 16 with 3713 viewsSaxonDale

As has been said that's now three clean sheets in four games, with the only goal conceded coming from a deflected cross. Not bad considering the average age of the back 5 is only 22 (21 if you include the 2 deepest centre midfielders.)
We footballed them to death on 23:13 - Sep 16 with 3636 viewsdingdangblue

Jamie Allen is just such a pleasure to watch. He is going to go very far if he continues his rapid progress.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

We footballed them to death on 23:24 - Sep 16 with 3577 viewsSandyman

WOW WOW WOW

That was a stunning example of team football - it could have been 7, and if the Vincenti flick on / Henderson tap on had not hit the post, that would have been one of the greatest goals ever. Simply magnificent by Dale tonight - faultless. I had Vincenti for MOTM as he was flawless, but could not question Dawson getting the award - a great "Cav Role" performance and really looks to have fit in well . Frighteningly good football played and extremely enjoyable to watch. We woz there - pity those who missed it.
We footballed them to death on 23:57 - Sep 16 with 3466 viewsDaley_Lama

i wish there had been 10,000 there tonight to watch at home a proper, proper twonking.

I have no sympathy for Warsaw, they have some injuries, we have Lillis, Lancy and Lund out.

I have no sympathy for Warsaw, they are a club who when we play them I've always gone "uh-ho, these lot will out-muscle us"

This season for me is a joy to watch. I know we will get out-petulanced by Peterborough, out-muscled by Bratfut, out-spent by Brizzle (unlucky, should have swapped an 800K bloke for a 900K bloke) and on the odd occasion beaten by a better team (Chesterfield)

Brilliant tonight. Not only our first home win but done in ridiculous style.

We're not what I would call ruthless. We have a few players who want to score worldies, want to razzle dazzle.

Love that even more, a Warsaw team in the past with roles reversed would have put 8 past us in the same position. Most of them from 6 yards.

Ian Henderson was everything he can be tonight, mis-controlled a couple of balls, amazingly controlled a couple of balls, the worldies, the scuffed (perfect) finish, winning headers that George D and Ashley could only dream about, my personal MOM.

Poll: DF in or out

We footballed them to death on 00:03 - Sep 17 with 3454 viewsWhiteyBFC

Really pleasing to read about another great performance and result.

Sad though to read about another poor turnout.

Can any of you give me a brief rundown of your historical attendance figures? You know, like what's the highest average you've had, what's the highest in the modern era, and can you shed any light on how many you 'may' attract should you be in with a shout of promotion, and/or if you were a Championship club?

Are your shoddy gates down to the simple fact there's so few Rochdale supporters, or are there loads that turned their back etc? I'm asking in a genuine attempt to get my head around it. Because the way I see it (a neutral), you've been a mainstay of the bottom tier for the best part of 40 years. So when Keith works his magic (twice) I find it weird that gates don't shoot up as they have at other clubs who are no more glamorous etc.

I feel a bit for Keith. Because trust me, if he gets you into the second tier (why not?), he'll not work that magic on you up there. Seriously, he won't. You need money in there these days, and gates of 2,000 just won't cut it.

I've been wrong on all kinds of things re football over the years so take my opinion as exactly that. I just think what he's building (again) deserves more folk seeing/supporting it. You who do support/see it, you also deserve more fellow supporters if ever you want to progress from the lower divisions. Which you do, don't you? Rochdale in the second tier? And with every passing week, it looks that bit less unlikely, doesn't it? Imagine had that goal not been fluked by the Blunts at the weekend eh? Orrible basterds.

Also while am here, what's the likely allocation for us on the 4th of next month? I'd expect us to sell whatever we're given. Which'll boost your coffers. A couple of weeks or so ago, I was very confident of us coming over and beating you easily. Now? Not so sure. We're a couple of games behind most clubs, although we do play tomorrow, but the memory of being 5-0 down at home to MK Dons the other day, with 66 minutes on the clock, well, that was a bit of a kick in the confidence bollocks. Just hope we resume where we left off, with Conor and Coley on flames (as the kids say).

Long old, late night rant. Because I love myself.

Night, Daleys.
We footballed them to death on 00:09 - Sep 17 with 3428 viewsDaley_Lama

Hi Whitey

No epic response from me, but the below link is a good indication of attendances

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/roch.htm

As I drove away from the ground tonight, i had loads of positives going through my head. The goals, the performances, the cindarella league 1 stuff, the missed chances, what to have to eat, do i need a wee and the attendance.

It really was even for us, shocking. Promotions ahoy, it wasn't cold, we got promoted, we are a damn fine team to watch and there was less than 2000 Dale fans.

I don't know the answer, the club doesn't know the answer, i don't know the missing hundreds (not thousands) and I doubt I ever will

Poll: DF in or out

We footballed them to death on 00:16 - Sep 17 with 3415 viewsdingdangblue

We footballed them to death on 00:03 - Sep 17 by WhiteyBFC

Can any of you give me a brief rundown of your historical attendance figures? You know, like what's the highest average you've had, what's the highest in the modern era, and can you shed any light on how many you 'may' attract should you be in with a shout of promotion, and/or if you were a Championship club?

Are your shoddy gates down to the simple fact there's so few Rochdale supporters, or are there loads that turned their back etc? I'm asking in a genuine attempt to get my head around it. Because the way I see it (a neutral), you've been a mainstay of the bottom tier for the best part of 40 years. So when Keith works his magic (twice) I find it weird that gates don't shoot up as they have at other clubs who are no more glamorous etc.

I feel a bit for Keith. Because trust me, if he gets you into the second tier (why not?), he'll not work that magic on you up there. Seriously, he won't. You need money in there these days, and gates of 2,000 just won't cut it.

I've been wrong on all kinds of things re football over the years so take my opinion as exactly that. I just think what he's building (again) deserves more folk seeing/supporting it. You who do support/see it, you also deserve more fellow supporters if ever you want to progress from the lower divisions. Which you do, don't you? Rochdale in the second tier? And with every passing week, it looks that bit less unlikely, doesn't it? Imagine had that goal not been fluked by the Blunts at the weekend eh? Orrible basterds.

Also while am here, what's the likely allocation for us on the 4th of next month? I'd expect us to sell whatever we're given. Which'll boost your coffers. A couple of weeks or so ago, I was very confident of us coming over and beating you easily. Now? Not so sure. We're a couple of games behind most clubs, although we do play tomorrow, but the memory of being 5-0 down at home to MK Dons the other day, with 66 minutes on the clock, well, that was a bit of a kick in the confidence bollocks. Just hope we resume where we left off, with Conor and Coley on flames (as the kids say).

Night, Daleys.

Your allocation will be most of the away stand - think Leeds, Sheff Weds got and sold roughly 3500. Our crowds are shocking. We've been promoted twice under Hill and on the day we got promoted our crowds have been 5000. Biggest crowds in recent years have been Darlington play off semi final - nearly 10,000. The Leeds/ Sheff Weds games last season just over 8000. The town is just full of armchair manu and city fans who really don't know what they are missing. Its very sad and not fair on a wonderful manager and cracking squad of players who really deserve better.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

We footballed them to death on 00:25 - Sep 17 with 3385 viewsTVOS1907

We footballed them to death on 00:03 - Sep 17 by WhiteyBFC

Night, Daleys.

You'll get about 3,500, Whitey, which will be more than enough.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

We footballed them to death on 00:33 - Sep 17 with 3376 viewsroccydaleian

We footballed them to death on 00:16 - Sep 17 by dingdangblue

Your allocation will be most of the away stand - think Leeds, Sheff Weds got and sold roughly 3500. Our crowds are shocking. We've been promoted twice under Hill and on the day we got promoted our crowds have been 5000. Biggest crowds in recent years have been Darlington play off semi final - nearly 10,000. The Leeds/ Sheff Weds games last season just over 8000. The town is just full of armchair manu and city fans who really don't know what they are missing. Its very sad and not fair on a wonderful manager and cracking squad of players who really deserve better.

Think you're simplifying it at the moment DDB, might just contribute to this debate tomorrow.Night for now.
We footballed them to death on 00:41 - Sep 17 with 3364 viewssweetcorn

We footballed them to death on 22:44 - Sep 16 by 100notout

We'll sell Lund in January before he leaves for nothing in the summer.

Don't need him imho.

Couldnt disagree more. He's our best midfielder by a long way.. he's our best all round midfielder as he literally can do everything, tackle, pick a pass and chip in with a fair amount of goals.

He was in our top 3 players last season with hogan and hendo, so not alot has changed within this squad and he'd certainly be starting if he hadnt got injured.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

We footballed them to death on 06:26 - Sep 17 with 3150 viewsaleanddale

Still Buzzing this morning.

4-0 coulda been 7.

Hendo is a god!! those 2 efforts second half outrageous!! how many times has he hit the woodwork this season?.

To a man Dale were excellent last night.

Logan like a Rock
Eastham solid and looks like he has properly found his feet ( Lancashire might not get back in )
O Connell - Class Act
Tanser - old head on a a young man
Raff - Bounced Back in style
Dawson Fitter and terrier like - an upgraded version of Cav.
Hery - electric turn of pace
Allen - Wow amazing future
Vincenti - Won everything and is the teams unsung hero - Possibly my MOM
Hendo - On another planet - outrageous vison and audacity
Done - Needs a drugs test - How fit??

In fact how fit are all the lads - I am knackered this morning after watching them last night and on Saturday!!!

Chuffed to bits this morning.

Up the Dale.
We footballed them to death on 06:40 - Sep 17 with 3135 viewsaleanddale

Whitey if you can bring 3500 that will be much appreciated thank you.

3500 just about fills the away stand.

looking forward to a helping hand to boost the average attendance.

Hope the club keeps trying with initiatives though despite some bumper pay days from Away fans in the budget

Bradford - Barnsley and Sheff United!! There is 8000+ ( £160 000 ) from Yarkshire!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024