Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashley Grimes 10:43 - Sep 17 with 3196 viewsRosun

Good to see him back ..... and nice to see that he got a good reception.

Did he manage to touch the ball at all?
Ashley Grimes on 11:33 - Sep 17 with 3082 viewsColDale

I think he stayed on the half way line as much as he possibly could, touched the ball once, and made two fouls.
Ashley Grimes on 11:56 - Sep 17 with 3019 viewsolympicdale

You could see as soon as he stepped on the pitch he didn't want to be there, never heard such a hostile reception for an ex Daley.

Life is a game of fate.

Ashley Grimes on 11:58 - Sep 17 with 3008 viewsaleanddale

Ashley Grimes on 11:56 - Sep 17 by olympicdale

You could see as soon as he stepped on the pitch he didn't want to be there, never heard such a hostile reception for an ex Daley.

He was your mate MD you loved him once upon a time!!!

Do you now see what we all saw the lasiest excuse of a footballer ever?

Has a talent ever been so wasted with a CBA attitude on the pitch?

Amazed he has picked up a league 1 club he must have some agent!!
Ashley Grimes on 12:04 - Sep 17 with 2985 viewsToffeemanc

Never known any regular ex Dale player to get a reception like that before when returning to Spotland.
Although I have to admit I wholeheartedly joined in the booing and chanting and found it very amusing, especially the "You're not very good" chant in stoppage time at the end of the game just after his petulant late tackle on Tanser.

He had the skills and ability to be a very good player but unfortunately his attitude and application and the lack of both will always be what he is remembered for.
His career will likely just fade away to nothing (half way their already.....couldn't make Bury's team) and if he is even remembered at all it will always be for wasting the talents he had.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Ashley Grimes on 12:06 - Sep 17 with 2977 viewsBingoballs

Ashley Groans.
Ashley Grimes on 12:12 - Sep 17 with 2954 viewsColDale

Ashley Grimes on 12:04 - Sep 17 by Toffeemanc

Never known any regular ex Dale player to get a reception like that before when returning to Spotland.
Although I have to admit I wholeheartedly joined in the booing and chanting and found it very amusing, especially the "You're not very good" chant in stoppage time at the end of the game just after his petulant late tackle on Tanser.

He had the skills and ability to be a very good player but unfortunately his attitude and application and the lack of both will always be what he is remembered for.
His career will likely just fade away to nothing (half way their already.....couldn't make Bury's team) and if he is even remembered at all it will always be for wasting the talents he had.

Don't think it was particularly hostile, just that 99% of the receptions to former players is either warm or indifferent. It wasn't on a par with what some of our players have received elsewhere.

It was evident with Grimes right from the off. The petulant side showing in two preseason friendlies, and initial efforts were seen as being that before Autumn. His talent has never been in question. But its just that no one ever gets to see it. It said it all when signing for Walsall that he referred back to his spell at Dale as being a good spell in his career.

As said, his agent is probably the only other person who could get money for Donnelly.
Ashley Grimes on 12:52 - Sep 17 with 2812 viewsTVOS1907

Ashley Grimes on 11:56 - Sep 17 by olympicdale

'You could see as soon as he stepped on the pitch he didn't want to be there'

I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion, OD.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Ashley Grimes on 14:10 - Sep 17 with 2658 viewsPDIDDY

Very classy, dale fans slag Bury fans off for giving former players stick and you lot(well not a lot, gates the size of accy, only a division above) give poor Ashley a right ear bashing, shame on you

Gissa job

Login to get fewer ads

Ashley Grimes on 14:31 - Sep 17 with 2619 viewsdingdangblue

Ashley Grimes on 14:10 - Sep 17 by PDIDDY

Very classy, dale fans slag Bury fans off for giving former players stick and you lot(well not a lot, gates the size of accy, only a division above) give poor Ashley a right ear bashing, shame on you

Dont believe everything you read Diddums, it was far from hostile, most fans near me were willing him on to break into a jog and/or touch the ball.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Ashley Grimes on 14:37 - Sep 17 with 2605 viewsaleanddale

His kit will not need a wash for sure!!

dont think he broke sweat when he got his chance ( all be it at 4-0 ).
Ashley Grimes on 14:37 - Sep 17 with 2602 viewsPDIDDY

Ashley Grimes on 14:31 - Sep 17 by dingdangblue

Dont believe everything you read Diddums, it was far from hostile, most fans near me were willing him on to break into a jog and/or touch the ball.

Gissa job

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024