Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Bury Brand 20:23 - Oct 10 with 3244 viewsWhiteyBFC

http://www.theguardian.com/football/football-league-blog/2014/oct/10/david-flitc
The Bury Brand on 20:42 - Oct 10 with 3200 viewsmacro

!
The Bury Brand on 21:37 - Oct 10 with 3122 viewsKenBoon

"Stewart Day, Bury’s 32-year-old property entrepreneur owner"
BINGO!
The Bury Brand on 23:03 - Oct 10 with 3008 viewsD_Alien

There's something mentally fragile about Flickers. It's like he needs to "believe" in something. But - "the bury brand" ? Come on.

It's the same thing you get on your doorstep from Jehovah's Witnesses. Same thing as the Moonies. A load of bloody eyewash.

Said on another thread, but I fear for him. When people feel the need to "buy into" something, it's a sign that something's not quite right. And when it all goes tit's up, as it inevitably will, what are you left with? Basically, the feeling that you've been bought.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The Bury Brand on 00:13 - Oct 11 with 2928 viewsPDIDDY

Another thread about Bury, on a dale board, posted by a barnsley chop, commented on by a Bury fan, we are sad tbh

Gissa job

The Bury Brand on 00:16 - Oct 11 with 2933 viewsArthurDaley

The Bury Brand on 00:13 - Oct 11 by PDIDDY

Another thread about Bury, on a dale board, posted by a barnsley chop, commented on by a Bury fan, we are sad tbh

A Barnsley chop, what's that Dids

A large VAT Dave

The Bury Brand on 06:26 - Oct 11 with 2844 viewsMeanwood

It's a bit Like a Karate chop but involves sheep!
The Bury Brand on 08:56 - Oct 11 with 2768 viewsinthenet

Yes agree with Alien , it will take a few blips and the wheels will fall off.

Rastrickblue

The Bury Brand on 11:59 - Oct 11 with 2619 viewsWhiteyBFC

It is the same guff we had to listen to.

"these are a special group of human beings, and we have to treat them as such"

So they refurbished the gym, the dressing room, bought a new high end team coach and travelled to away games via the air. The club spent a fortune on training days at St George's Park, as Flicker thought that our own state of the art Academy complex and training facilities (including 4G pitches) were too 'familiar' for the players, that Oakwell should only be used on matchdays. He took a lot of training sessions in Bolton, or at Carrington, Manchester. He referred to conversations with "Brendan Rodgers.. Robbie Martinez and Sir Alex" incessantly. He didn't do so in an effort to get folk to assume he was respected. They just happened to be best pals with a nobody.
Of course, this had nothing at all to do with him and his staff, plus most of the players residing in that area of the country. Oh no, it was necessary for this 'group' to 'synergise' effectively and for the 'Barnsley Brand' to flourish...

He's of course, seeing better results at League Two Bury using this same method, with a chairman who doesn't seem as fussed about where the money is going. I'd be astonished if he didn't lead them to the title, such is their massive advantage over everybody else with the quality of players recruited, money spent etc.

Thing is, he was making a right good fist of managing in the Championship in his first few months. Before he stumbled upon this project. You know, when he just picked the best players in each position, told them to go out and play direct, attacking football, when he had no transfer budget or ability to sign players. His 60% win ratio in that spell, the optimism amongst the fanbase and the total backing he had from the board and that fanbase, well, it wasn't enough and so we got the 'project', the 'brand', the 'tippy tappa' football, the inability to win a game and the 'pass it to Paddy' tactic. He soon got his P45 and I think it's a shame. Somebody needed to just have a word. But, I think the BFC board were just waiting for him to make a mess of things so they could get rid. I mean, I can't blame em. Imagine him talking guff at you every day like that.

Good luck to him and Bury. They'll need it, in time.
Login to get fewer ads

The Bury Brand on 13:46 - Oct 11 with 2520 viewslibertinedreamer

The Bury Brand on 11:59 - Oct 11 by WhiteyBFC

It is the same guff we had to listen to.

"these are a special group of human beings, and we have to treat them as such"

So they refurbished the gym, the dressing room, bought a new high end team coach and travelled to away games via the air. The club spent a fortune on training days at St George's Park, as Flicker thought that our own state of the art Academy complex and training facilities (including 4G pitches) were too 'familiar' for the players, that Oakwell should only be used on matchdays. He took a lot of training sessions in Bolton, or at Carrington, Manchester. He referred to conversations with "Brendan Rodgers.. Robbie Martinez and Sir Alex" incessantly. He didn't do so in an effort to get folk to assume he was respected. They just happened to be best pals with a nobody.
Of course, this had nothing at all to do with him and his staff, plus most of the players residing in that area of the country. Oh no, it was necessary for this 'group' to 'synergise' effectively and for the 'Barnsley Brand' to flourish...

He's of course, seeing better results at League Two Bury using this same method, with a chairman who doesn't seem as fussed about where the money is going. I'd be astonished if he didn't lead them to the title, such is their massive advantage over everybody else with the quality of players recruited, money spent etc.

Thing is, he was making a right good fist of managing in the Championship in his first few months. Before he stumbled upon this project. You know, when he just picked the best players in each position, told them to go out and play direct, attacking football, when he had no transfer budget or ability to sign players. His 60% win ratio in that spell, the optimism amongst the fanbase and the total backing he had from the board and that fanbase, well, it wasn't enough and so we got the 'project', the 'brand', the 'tippy tappa' football, the inability to win a game and the 'pass it to Paddy' tactic. He soon got his P45 and I think it's a shame. Somebody needed to just have a word. But, I think the BFC board were just waiting for him to make a mess of things so they could get rid. I mean, I can't blame em. Imagine him talking guff at you every day like that.

Good luck to him and Bury. They'll need it, in time.

You could be the biggest parasite I've ever seen on a message board. If you are going to kiss everyones arses please go on different websites with different names, it just makes you look silly.
The Bury Brand on 14:19 - Oct 11 with 2466 views442Dale

The Bury Brand on 13:46 - Oct 11 by libertinedreamer

You could be the biggest parasite I've ever seen on a message board. If you are going to kiss everyones arses please go on different websites with different names, it just makes you look silly.

If necessary we'll keep Whitey in line ourselves, thanks. What was wrong with his appraisal of Flitcroft's time at Barnsley? What happened there was totally mystifying. Everything he got spectacularly right was only surpassed by how badly he messed it all up again. Harsh sacking? Hardly.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The Bury Brand on 14:24 - Oct 11 with 2453 viewslibertinedreamer

The Bury Brand on 14:19 - Oct 11 by 442Dale

If necessary we'll keep Whitey in line ourselves, thanks. What was wrong with his appraisal of Flitcroft's time at Barnsley? What happened there was totally mystifying. Everything he got spectacularly right was only surpassed by how badly he messed it all up again. Harsh sacking? Hardly.

Let me get this straight I have little time for flickers.

Its the fact he comes on here playing up to the dale audience, then goes on Bury message board and does the same. Who wants to be liked that much?
The Bury Brand on 14:28 - Oct 11 with 2436 views442Dale

The Bury Brand on 14:24 - Oct 11 by libertinedreamer

Its the fact he comes on here playing up to the dale audience, then goes on Bury message board and does the same. Who wants to be liked that much?

Is the answer Stewart Day?

What's wrong with being liked? Admittedly it's never been anything I've ever had to worry about, but it's ok for some. Anyway, Whitey can't be accused of it either; there's plenty of threads on here which illustrate he's one for creating debate. Nowt wrong with that.

The Bury Brand on 14:39 - Oct 11 with 2419 viewsolympicdale

I've said from day one that its very transparent, its like Flitcroft isn't believing himself in this "project" it just seems fake. Every article that Flitcroft gives now is the same, trying to promote the "Bury brand" and having to buy into the project etc, I wonder how much he believes in it himself.

Life is a game of fate.

The Bury Brand on 16:15 - Oct 11 with 2344 viewsD_Alien

The Bury Brand on 14:39 - Oct 11 by olympicdale

I've said from day one that its very transparent, its like Flitcroft isn't believing himself in this "project" it just seems fake. Every article that Flitcroft gives now is the same, trying to promote the "Bury brand" and having to buy into the project etc, I wonder how much he believes in it himself.

If he doesn't, then neither will the players.

Flicker's no con man - just the opposite, he's probably too honest for his own good. So the only conclusion is that he does believe in all this "brand" stuff. Or guff, as Whitey calls it.

That's what's so sad, because he has a special place in the hearts of Dale fans. Luckily, he has a good friend in Hilly, who should see him right.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The Bury Brand on 17:02 - Oct 11 with 2274 views442Dale

Getting the plane really does get results.

The Bury Brand on 18:19 - Oct 11 with 2201 viewsnordenblue

The Bury Brand on 17:02 - Oct 11 by 442Dale

Getting the plane really does get results.

Did the trick at Exeter too all this billy big bollox travel, they seem to get to the summit of the table then bottle it recently
The Bury Brand on 18:51 - Oct 11 with 2168 viewsjudd

It seems we are failing to give the mercurial Mr Day insufficient credit (arf!) in terms of his business acumen.

Who'd have thought of talking to airlines and obtaining discounts for a group booking?

He doesn't just provide budget accommodation and car parking, he's now invented budget air travel.

The guy is a genius.

Ryanair and EasyJet, take heed and revise your business models.

Poll: What is it to be then?

The Bury Brand on 20:21 - Oct 11 with 2086 viewsAtThePeake

It's all so believable.

"We're going to take away some of your potential earnings in order to sign players who might be playing instead of you. That OK?"

"Yes boss."

Not buying into it Flicker, not for one second mate.

Tangled up in blue.

The Bury Brand on 22:40 - Oct 11 with 1997 viewsWhiteyBFC

The Bury Brand on 14:24 - Oct 11 by libertinedreamer

Tha talking tripe, pal. Sorry.

I joined up to the Bury forum to wish you well, but to give you a Barnsley perspective of the myriad players once employed at Oakwell and of course, Flicker and his staff. I think I was fair enough in everything I said initially. And, the majority on there took it as such - just a Barnsley supporters perspective.

However, a couple of posters on there know me from this forum. And so they assumed things. That I was a Dale lover and Bury hater. I tried to explain that wasn't the case and all I got was a bunch of uneducated, unintelligible and abuse ridden posts. And so I chalked feck on the exercise.

Trust me, had I wanted to join your forum and play the knut, I'm more than capable. I could have (still could) open a right can of worms regards certain employees at Gigg Lane. But I'm not that way out now. I've got past the angry stage regards what occurred last year. I see Flicker and co more as figures of fun now. I feel sad/sorry for em more than owt.

As for you lot, the supporters, I've not had the pleasure (?) of your time for long enough to judge, but if the odd pillock who come on here are a fair representation of your fanbase then I'm happy that I stopped trying to engage on your forum.

I don't though play up to audiences. Hence, I'm Whitey on every forum I go on. I'm Whitey on twitter. Whitey to my mates. I'm also exactly the same wherever I am. And when I meet folk in person, I'm Whitey.

I admit to being a bit of a rambler, verbose posts etc, and I am capable of taking the piss and stirring shit now and again, but hey, that's me. But I take the stick I get, and vice versa.

Akinfenwa eh? Beast mode did for the special humans and brand Bury project. Who'd have thunk it? But here, at least Flicker isn't signing 'space'.
The Bury Brand on 22:45 - Oct 11 with 1987 viewsWhiteyBFC

The Bury Brand on 14:28 - Oct 11 by 442Dale

Is the answer Stewart Day?

What's wrong with being liked? Admittedly it's never been anything I've ever had to worry about, but it's ok for some. Anyway, Whitey can't be accused of it either; there's plenty of threads on here which illustrate he's one for creating debate. Nowt wrong with that.

You've met me, pal. You know I couldn't give a toss whether I'm liked. In fact, if folk read all my posts on the various forums/twitter etc the last thing you'd conclude would be "this lad wants to be liked". I'm quite often an annoying twwat. Like yourself, pal.

Don't forget to tune in to Sky tomorrow for Barnsley vs Bradford.
The Bury Brand on 11:57 - Oct 12 with 1805 viewselectricblue

Living beyond their means.....
Behaving like a championship club.....yeah right...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

The Bury Brand on 12:12 - Oct 12 with 1783 viewsJumeirahDale

Enjoyed the comment at the bottom of the article supposedly from a "minor shareholder" who manages to thank "Gary Flitcroft" for all his work.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024