Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yeovil's match report 08:26 - Oct 26 with 2853 viewsdebbiesfella

Just read the report on Yeovil's site, very one sided as usual but strangely very pro Dale.
Yeovil's match report on 09:42 - Oct 26 with 2689 viewsrobbowood

The Western Gazzette match report is pretty fair

ARGUABLY Yeovil Town's most abject performance of the season - characterised again by dismal defending - sent Gary Johnson's men fall two points from safety in Sky Bet League One.

Rochdale barely broke sweat in a comfortable 3-0 success that easily could, and perhaps, should have been hammered home by a wider goal margin.

Despite a fractionally better second half, the Glovers were far from good enough at any point during a dreadful afternoon that ended with widespread boos from a sparse crowd on the final whistle.

Johnson made two changes to the side defeated at Sheffield United, Joel Grant omitted from the squad entirely with Kevin Dawson appeared on the right as brother Stephen started in Rochdale's midfield. Jakub Sokolik replaced Seth Twumasi at right back.

Yeovil's Dawson registered the first chance of the game on five minutes, volleying straight at keeper Conrad Logan before the visitors countered and earned a corner.

Sokolik was sucked under the delivery and barely got off the ground, gifting Jack O'Connell a simple header for the opening goal.

Artur Krysiak kept his side in the encounter with a fine tip over on 12 minutes, superbly denying Ian Henderson when the attacker had accelerated to the front post to meet Michael Rose's cross.

Moments later Jordy Hiwula should have levelled. He did well to chest down a long ball but was found wanting with a finish, Rose clearing inches from the line.

On 17 minutes further disastrous defending handed Rochdale another goal. Instead of effectively clearing, Ryan Inniss simply side-footed to Henderson who gratefully tucked home.

Sokolik's 27 minutes slip gave Henderson another sight of goal but again Yeovil's stand-out stopper Krysiak produced his best to tip the ball behind.

The Czech full back was again caught woefully short on 34 minutes, his poor position allowing Dale to find Stephen Dawson who in turn fed Matty Done to wastefully rifle over.

Four minutes before the break Hiwula again should have netted, doing well to tower above Simon Gillett's cross but denied by a strong Logan save.

On 43 minutes Rochdale spurned yet another golden chance with their hosts all over the shop in defence. Three visitors lined up to pounce on a move created on their left, Stephen Dawson eventually scuffing wide.

Although Sokolik was deservedly substituted at half time, the Glovers failed to return for the second half with any greater cohesion or determination.

Dale could easily have added a third moments after the restart, Ryan Bennett launching a move that saw Henderson kept out by yet another Krysiak tip over.

After 49 minutes Bennett himself was presented with a guilt-edged opportunity in the six-yard area but instead of getting even the slightest of touches that would have brought a goal, he struck air and Kryisak gathered.

Henderson did eventually extend the lead on 53 minutes. With Ben Nugent appealing for an offside flag that correctly did not come, Done looped a ball to Henderson for an easy far post header.

Eight minutes later Rochdale again scythed through Yeovil. Stephen Dawson burst to the edge of the area to feed Jamie Allen who instead of selfishly going for goal rolled to the offside Henderson to illegally finish.

Hiwula could have lifted the gloom on 80 minutes but shinned wide of the target when first to meet first half substitute Sam Foley's cross.
Yeovil's match report on 18:13 - Oct 26 with 2287 viewsdeeplishblue

I don't know whether Yoevil have a formum? can't seem to find one - I did find this though posted on their vital site.

I made a last minute decision to go to the game yesterday, returning to Poole resenting the £25 paid for what I felt was minimal entertainment. The game reinforced my view that there are too many players in this seasons squad who do not have the skill levels required for a top six L1 side. Sokalik was awful yesterday, Leitch-Smith brings nothing to the team, Nugent is poor. The managers efforts to reinforce his team with a couple of quality young loanees, which has reaped dividends in recent years has failed to make a positive impact. Innes looked hesitant and error-prone yesterday and Jordy has wasted plenty of chances. Our most skillful player, Joel Grant, didn't even make it onto the bench. It may be cold comfort but I thought Rochdale were a very good side full of energy and pace, moved the ball around quickly and exploited the open spaces the Yeovil players left for them. I will not be surprised if they occupy one of the promotion places in May. Our fans were hammered yesterday too, being out-sung by a handful of excellent Dale fans from the first whistle. There were also a few ridiculous 'Johnson out' choruses from the home terrace and only a few minutes of rousing support for the team midway through the second half. We all need to do better, from the boardroom to the terraces.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024