Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shit happens 17:24 - Nov 22 with 6149 viewsD_Alien

And yes, there'll be pages on here about the referee. I joined in with "2-1 to the referee" with the rest of the TDS

And yes, Doncaster had some dubious ways of attracting free kicks. Can't comment on the sending off until I see it again

But let's be clear about one thing. We lost the game, not because of either of the above, but because Doncaster were the better team. Today at least, they were more skilful than us, faster than us, stronger than us. Defeat hurts, but unlike the majority I stayed till the end and applauded our lads off the pitch because we can hold our heads high and regroup.

Shit happens at any level of football, but in League One you'll come up against teams with players proven at championship level, and today it showed. Doncaster will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season. We can learn from today and be there too.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Shit happens on 19:06 - Nov 22 with 2131 viewsTalkingSutty

Shit happens on 18:49 - Nov 22 by Yorkshire_Dale

......as an aside, Latics had Jabo Ibhre sent off today.......one match ban.

Sits out San Spotty......every cloud...

Oh and the League 2 Champions elect did n't let us down.

The silver lining would have been Henderson returning on Tuesday but that's now cancelled out with Done missing the next 3 very tough games.

If Hilly doesn't fancy starting with Muldoon i would role the dice and give Hery a go in the Done role, don't see it happening though.
Shit happens on 19:06 - Nov 22 with 2126 viewsJimmyRustler

Doncaster were miles better than us today.

Ref was poor but we still deserved to lose.

Lancashire looks a shadow of the player he did last season and was awful today (wasn't the only one!)

Tanser needs to start instead of Rose at LB. The latter got done more times today than Jenna Jameson circa 2006.

I've tried giving Andrew a chance but I can't do it for much longer. To call him ineffective would be a compliment to the lad.

Hill clearly has a problem with Hery. We have no spark without him and it's criminal that he's not getting a look in.

On first impression it didn't look a red but would like to see it again.

They moved it around well today but our defending was abysmal (both individually and as a team)
[Post edited 22 Nov 2014 19:08]
Shit happens on 19:11 - Nov 22 with 2095 views442Dale

Shit happens on 19:06 - Nov 22 by JimmyRustler

Lancashire looks a shadow of the player he did last season and was awful today (wasn't the only one!)

Tanser needs to start instead of Rose at LB. The latter got done more times today than Jenna Jameson circa 2006.

I've tried giving Andrew a chance but I can't do it for much longer. To call him ineffective would be a compliment to the lad.

Hill clearly has a problem with Hery. We have no spark without him and it's criminal that he's not getting a look in.

They moved it around well today but our defending was abysmal (both individually and as a team)

It's a worry how unsure Lancashire looks. Whether that's playing at left CB or the lack of games, he's not looking like he'd put Eastham or O'Connell under pressure for a starting place when all are fit.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Shit happens on 19:19 - Nov 22 with 2057 viewshxdale

Shit happens on 19:11 - Nov 22 by 442Dale

It's a worry how unsure Lancashire looks. Whether that's playing at left CB or the lack of games, he's not looking like he'd put Eastham or O'Connell under pressure for a starting place when all are fit.

Agree, unsure why he is club captain...
Shit happens on 19:20 - Nov 22 with 2053 viewsdalebolt

The worrying thing for me again today, as on Tuesday we were out footballed.Even in other defeats this season we have been the better footballing team. Not been evident this week. Hopefully it's just a blip. Anyhow almost into December and top half sure we would all have taken that in august.
Shit happens on 19:20 - Nov 22 with 2051 viewsfrenzied

Shit happens on 17:52 - Nov 22 by YouTubeDale

And where do you sit/stand?

Today..in the main stand
Shit happens on 19:26 - Nov 22 with 2036 views442Dale

Shit happens on 19:19 - Nov 22 by hxdale

Don't think that's an issue. He was a good captain last season and there's no reason why he should lose that role.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Shit happens on 19:27 - Nov 22 with 2031 viewsTalkingSutty

Shit happens on 19:20 - Nov 22 by dalebolt

The worrying thing for me again today, as on Tuesday we were out footballed.Even in other defeats this season we have been the better footballing team. Not been evident this week. Hopefully it's just a blip. Anyhow almost into December and top half sure we would all have taken that in august.

Beat MK Dons on Tuesday and i think we move back into a play off place.
Login to get fewer ads

Shit happens on 19:59 - Nov 22 with 1882 viewsrobbowood

Shit happens on 19:06 - Nov 22 by JimmyRustler

I agree 100%

After we scored our goal we hardly had a kick. They could easily have scored three in the first half and goodness knows how many in the second

That our defence and midfield looked bad was because they were so technically good on the ball and we just couldn't get hold of it - when we did we gave it away. In midfield we were compeltely overwhelmed

To say we are missing Hendo and PV is an understatement

According to BBC match stats they had 60% possession to out 40% and had 13 shots to our two (fortunately only five of theirs on target!)

Even with eleven men we would have lost no matter who was the referee who I thought wasn't all that bad - I await to see Done's challenge on the highlights but if he went in two footed then he had to be sent off

It's not the end of the world and we are having a great season so far. We are bound to have a few dodgy spells at various times in the season

Credit to Doncaster - they had Championship quality players in their team - few teams in this Division would have beaten them today. How they have had such a poor season so far is baffling
Shit happens on 20:04 - Nov 22 with 1865 viewsYouTubeDale

The match stats are badly skewed by the fact that we had 10 men.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Shit happens on 21:15 - Nov 22 with 1750 viewsolympicdale

Shit happens on 19:19 - Nov 22 by hxdale

Why? It wasn't long ago that Hill was stating how much respect Lanky has from the players, he clearly gives a lot to the role, much of it we don't see. I think that he got his injury it hampered his run of games.

Life is a game of fate.

Shit happens on 21:22 - Nov 22 with 1738 viewsrochedale

So I imagined to see a thread about how we were robbed by the ref. how refreshing to witness dale fans realising that we weren't that great today. Tbh we were lucky their forwards couldn't finish.

IMO, I think we should stick with 451, it's served us well all season.

Calvin Andrew isn't cog, never will be.

Today we were poor, and to sum up, we were 2nd best.

Take the loss, dust our selves off and get ready for next week.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Shit happens on 21:54 - Nov 22 with 1683 viewsTalkingSutty

Shit happens on 21:22 - Nov 22 by rochedale

So I imagined to see a thread about how we were robbed by the ref. how refreshing to witness dale fans realising that we weren't that great today. Tbh we were lucky their forwards couldn't finish.

Today is the sort of thing that can happen in this league from time to time and it will happen again. When we play to our capabilities we will pick up points but we are going to have to get used to teams closing us down and stifling our game plan.

Regarding our passing style of play, it seems the cats now out of the bag and teams have switched on to it. The Preston game made the rest of league one take notice i think.
Shit happens on 21:55 - Nov 22 with 1678 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Shit happens on 21:22 - Nov 22 by rochedale

I feel like a Preston, Walsall, Crewe fan etc. Footballed to death. Only one team wanted to play today. The other wanted to bypass it and go direct. A real shame because a midfield of Lund, Dawson and Allen is as good as any this league.

They played like us and for some unknown reason we played like Wimbledon.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Shit happens on 23:34 - Nov 22 with 1584 viewsboromat

I think we have to remember that we're going through a stage in the season were we have no choice but to rotate the squad through suspensions, injuries and also general tiredness and because of that our form will be inconsistent. We're still in an unbelievable position really hoping for one of the fringe players takes there chance in the starting line up would really give the squad a boost.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Shit happens on 23:56 - Nov 22 with 1549 viewsdingdangblue

Shit happens on 21:55 - Nov 22 by BigDaveMyCock

I feel like a Preston, Walsall, Crewe fan etc. Footballed to death. Only one team wanted to play today. The other wanted to bypass it and go direct. A real shame because a midfield of Lund, Dawson and Allen is as good as any this league.

They played like us and for some unknown reason we played like Wimbledon.

To be fair after Barnsley, Swindon, Preston games there were opposition comments about us being direct. Great keeper that Logan is - he does love a big boot upfield - certainly more than Josh Lillis who generally passes it short more.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Shit happens on 09:08 - Nov 23 with 1421 viewsYouTubeDale

The big boot upfield isn't Logan's decision, I am sure he is carrying out the instructions of the manager.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Shit happens on 11:37 - Nov 23 with 1342 viewsRosun

And those big hoofs upfield from Logan are usually pin point to a man. Some clever space finding by Scott Tanser led to some breaks down the left from our goal kicks.

Agree with previous posters that their second goal came from a succession of corners where the original decision to award a corner was farcical. I also noted that their sub wasn't picked up when he came on. Dawson was picking up Keegan but not Robinson for his goal.

They should have been down to 10 men after Keegan kicked out at Dawson half way through the first half. What really pisses me off is that the referee saw the incident but did nothing.

We should have been out of sight in the first half. Their goalie and defence were shaking like shitting dogs in the first half, crap goal kicks, nearly an own goal. If we had a centre forward who could intimidate then we would have won. We have Calvin Andrew so we didn't.
Shit happens on 11:55 - Nov 23 with 1315 viewsdingdangblue

Shit happens on 11:37 - Nov 23 by Rosun

And those big hoofs upfield from Logan are usually pin point to a man. Some clever space finding by Scott Tanser led to some breaks down the left from our goal kicks.

Agree with previous posters that their second goal came from a succession of corners where the original decision to award a corner was farcical. I also noted that their sub wasn't picked up when he came on. Dawson was picking up Keegan but not Robinson for his goal.

They should have been down to 10 men after Keegan kicked out at Dawson half way through the first half. What really pisses me off is that the referee saw the incident but did nothing.

We should have been out of sight in the first half. Their goalie and defence were shaking like shitting dogs in the first half, crap goal kicks, nearly an own goal. If we had a centre forward who could intimidate then we would have won. We have Calvin Andrew so we didn't.

The ref didn't see the kick out by Keegan - he was looking the other way, in the direction where the ball was.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Shit happens on 20:04 - Nov 23 with 1163 viewsDomDale

I'm not usually one for counting crowds but is this true?: http://lockerdome.com/awaydays/6169470909558849/7176759993054225 Did we really only have 2,1k home fans?

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Shit happens on 20:25 - Nov 23 with 1135 viewsTVOS1907

Shit happens on 20:04 - Nov 23 by DomDale

I'm not usually one for counting crowds but is this true?: http://lockerdome.com/awaydays/6169470909558849/7176759993054225 Did we really only have 2,1k home fans?

Doubt it.

I haven't got the way following from the club yet, but that figure is surely a figment of someone's imagination.

PaleDale probably told them.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Shit happens on 20:41 - Nov 23 with 1113 views1mark1

There looked more like 5-600 than over a thousand.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Shit happens on 21:41 - Nov 23 with 1044 viewsTVOS1907

Shit happens on 18:49 - Nov 22 by Yorkshire_Dale

......as an aside, Latics had Jabo Ibhre sent off today.......one match ban.

Sits out San Spotty......every cloud...

Oh and the League 2 Champions elect did n't let us down.

Oldham play PNE in the JPT on Tuesday.

Shit happens on 09:52 - Nov 24 with 922 viewsTVOS1907

Shit happens on 20:04 - Nov 23 by DomDale

644 Doncaster fans

Shit happens on 12:35 - Nov 24 with 817 viewsaleanddale

Shit happens on 09:52 - Nov 24 by TVOS1907

644 Doncaster fans

2800 Dale then.

Pay day week this week so hopeful we can at least match the Biffos on sat.

6400+ would be great on Sat.

Ibhere back for them ( he sits out the JPT Tues ) - now he will take some watching!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024