Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
bad publicity for us 13:39 - Dec 1 with 5296 viewsdale1968

Video and story from saturday now on MEN web page.
Sorry cant link

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

bad publicity for us on 13:42 - Dec 1 with 3986 viewsdale1968

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

bad publicity for us on 13:48 - Dec 1 with 3941 viewstazzydjr

aslong as it shows who's at fault not the clubs problem it were the fault those there to serve and protect the home fans

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

bad publicity for us on 14:01 - Dec 1 with 3881 viewsKenBoon

Excellent spelling in that article. Well done MEN.
bad publicity for us on 14:31 - Dec 1 with 3794 viewsYorkshire_Dale

bad publicity for us on 14:01 - Dec 1 by KenBoon

Excellent spelling in that article. Well done MEN.

I hope it's a case of Name the Numpties so we know who these rascals are....
bad publicity for us on 14:58 - Dec 1 with 3709 viewsD_Alien

bad publicity for us on 14:31 - Dec 1 by Yorkshire_Dale

I hope it's a case of Name the Numpties so we know who these rascals are....

I'll tell you what surprises me YD

Every single one of these numpties will be known to the police. They shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near Spotland on Saturday, and their behaviour bears that out. I'd suggest it's highly unlikely these incidents were the first cases of hooliganism at a football match. Whatever happened to "police intelligence" ? How many of those kicking off in Weatherspoons, for instance, were allowed to walk up to the ground?

[Post edited 1 Dec 2014 15:01]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

bad publicity for us on 15:09 - Dec 1 with 3657 views49thseason

"Police intelligence" = Classic oxymoron
bad publicity for us on 15:46 - Dec 1 with 3543 viewswindowsbug

A work colleague of mine was next to the incident at the pearl st end.
Three oldham fans cheered when the third goal was scored.
Rochdale fans asked stewards to remove them. The stewards waited until police arrived, and the police allegedly went over the top in their efforts.
He says it was all caused by the actions of Greater Manchesters finest.
bad publicity for us on 16:54 - Dec 1 with 3406 views442Dale

Heard various tales today: kids who go regularly leaving early because of the trouble, someone who goes a couple of times a season shocked it would happen at Spotland and even my lad asking why they were fighting when Oldham had obviously won!

On the back of these type of reactions (and I'm sure plenty of other fans have similar stories), plus this now making the media, would it be possible for the Trust to try and find out whether the plan that is being reviewed will help reduce the chances of this happening again in the future?

Why was there trouble at this Oldham game and not in previous encounters? The Oldham fans in the situation that occurred obviously take the ultimate blame, but were there any other factors involved that could have seen these scenes avoided?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

bad publicity for us on 17:13 - Dec 1 with 3333 viewsTalkingSutty

bad publicity for us on 16:54 - Dec 1 by 442Dale

Heard various tales today: kids who go regularly leaving early because of the trouble, someone who goes a couple of times a season shocked it would happen at Spotland and even my lad asking why they were fighting when Oldham had obviously won!

On the back of these type of reactions (and I'm sure plenty of other fans have similar stories), plus this now making the media, would it be possible for the Trust to try and find out whether the plan that is being reviewed will help reduce the chances of this happening again in the future?

Why was there trouble at this Oldham game and not in previous encounters? The Oldham fans in the situation that occurred obviously take the ultimate blame, but were there any other factors involved that could have seen these scenes avoided?

I had my mates 6/7 year old son with me and when the trouble started he got hold of my arm and said " Dave I'm frightened" I asked him if he wanted to go and he said "Yes" .

I know I normally do one when the injury time board goes up but this was 20 minutes from the end. You have a responsibility to look after kids and I didn't want to risk him getting caught up in something after the game, he was genuinely upset and he goes home and away so he is used to attending football matches. I felt sorry for him.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2014 17:28]
bad publicity for us on 17:16 - Dec 1 with 3319 viewsColDale

I still believe much of the problems started at the Bury v Oldham game where many Oldham fans were locked out. To avoid a repeat, Police insisted the tickets went on sale very early on. Unfortunately, this gave Oldham supporters several weeks to make alternative arrangements. Had 500 tickets for the Oldham end been kept back and then put on sale late last week, these would have been snapped up by those desperate to go, and it may have averted some of those planning on going in the home end for four weeks.
bad publicity for us on 17:28 - Dec 1 with 3256 views442Dale

bad publicity for us on 17:13 - Dec 1 by TalkingSutty

I had my mates 6/7 year old son with me and when the trouble started he got hold of my arm and said " Dave I'm frightened" I asked him if he wanted to go and he said "Yes" .

I know I normally do one when the injury time board goes up but this was 20 minutes from the end. You have a responsibility to look after kids and I didn't want to risk him getting caught up in something after the game, he was genuinely upset and he goes home and away so he is used to attending football matches. I felt sorry for him.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2014 17:28]

It's something we were all too used to in the 80s (and 70s for you, TS!) but kids today aren't, and situations like Saturday must look horrific for them.

bad publicity for us on 17:29 - Dec 1 with 3244 viewsfermin

bad publicity for us on 16:54 - Dec 1 by 442Dale

I may be confusing it with another game, but I think it was the previous Oldham home game when a group of them straddled WIllbutts Lane by the Church in their hoolie outfits trying to goad Dale fans into attacking them. (It could have been Chester from a bit earlier as they also had a similar group of idiots.) Needless to say we all walked past them in pity and/or bemusement. There was also a game not that long ago (might have been Oldham, I can't remember) where the away fans were fighting the police down Edenfield Road towards Spotland Bridge.

When I found out that this game, unlike similar high profile games in the recent past, would not be all-ticket in the home stands I thought (naively as it turned out) that it was a sign that the police were giving us a chance to show that we could all act responsibly. This policy allowed three people to come up to the game with me (including one Oldham fan) and pay on the day to go into the main stand. I am not sure how many of them would have come if it had meant buying a ticket in advance. However, thanks to a small group of Oldham fans, one of whom seems to be on another thread boasting about it, no doubt we will go back to the old regime.
bad publicity for us on 17:48 - Dec 1 with 3151 viewsTalkingSutty

bad publicity for us on 17:16 - Dec 1 by ColDale

I still believe much of the problems started at the Bury v Oldham game where many Oldham fans were locked out. To avoid a repeat, Police insisted the tickets went on sale very early on. Unfortunately, this gave Oldham supporters several weeks to make alternative arrangements. Had 500 tickets for the Oldham end been kept back and then put on sale late last week, these would have been snapped up by those desperate to go, and it may have averted some of those planning on going in the home end for four weeks.

I honestly don't think so Col. The tickets would have been snapped up but those intent on causing trouble would have always known that getting in with the home supporters was always another option. All ticket for the home ends might have inconvenienced them a bit but it's only a ten minute drive to the ticket office at Spotland so that wouldn't deter them. Holding back 500 tickets until very late could have maybe made even more Oldham fans just decide to wiing it into the home sections on the day. There is no fool proof solution.
bad publicity for us on 17:51 - Dec 1 with 3132 viewsTalkingSutty

bad publicity for us on 17:28 - Dec 1 by 442Dale

It's something we were all too used to in the 80s (and 70s for you, TS!) but kids today aren't, and situations like Saturday must look horrific for them.

True.....and it was late 70s.
bad publicity for us on 17:57 - Dec 1 with 3104 viewsbig_dave2010

bad publicity for us on 13:48 - Dec 1 by tazzydjr

aslong as it shows who's at fault not the clubs problem it were the fault those there to serve and protect the home fans

how can it NOT be the clubs problem, mark? It was at our home ground with our fans involved... the club will want answers and it is they who will have to pay any fine given out.

Rochdale chief executive and club secretary Colin Garlick said Oldham fans bought tickets for the Rochdale ends of the stadium and they made up the majority of the ejections.

The match was ticket-only for visiting fans but tickets for Rochdale fans could be bought at the ground.
this is off website report...

Mr Garlick said: "The match was sold-out for Oldham fans well before the game and fans without tickets were warned not to travel.

"There were some that got into the Pearl Street end and the Sandy Lane end despite warnings at the point of sale and at the turnstiles.

"Oldham fans made up the majority of the ejections and the arrests."
bad publicity for us on 17:58 - Dec 1 with 3097 viewsDaley_Lama

Hard to tell who is who apart from the obvious Oldham fans being grappled/running across the pitch.

The lad in the red coat thumping somebody who looks about 1/2 his size - home or away fan?

Poll: DF in or out

bad publicity for us on 18:01 - Dec 1 with 3085 viewsbig_dave2010

bad publicity for us on 17:58 - Dec 1 by Daley_Lama

Hard to tell who is who apart from the obvious Oldham fans being grappled/running across the pitch.

The lad in the red coat thumping somebody who looks about 1/2 his size - home or away fan?

does anyone know what happened to the bloke dressed up as hulk Hogan? he was still with the police at the gate when I left the ground...
bad publicity for us on 18:04 - Dec 1 with 3071 viewsnordenblue

bad publicity for us on 17:58 - Dec 1 by Daley_Lama

The lad in the blue coat is a dale fan im pretty certain which would lead you to think the other in the red is from oldham,
bad publicity for us on 18:08 - Dec 1 with 3052 viewsTalkingSutty

bad publicity for us on 18:01 - Dec 1 by big_dave2010

does anyone know what happened to the bloke dressed up as hulk Hogan? he was still with the police at the gate when I left the ground...

Think he was arrested and received a caution later that night before being released about 1030pm.....that information is from the Latics forum.
bad publicity for us on 18:10 - Dec 1 with 3044 viewsbig_dave2010

bad publicity for us on 18:08 - Dec 1 by TalkingSutty

Think he was arrested and received a caution later that night before being released about 1030pm.....that information is from the Latics forum.

fair enough. I saw him kicking off in the away end.. he was putting up quite a fight, just like HH did in the 80's.
bad publicity for us on 18:24 - Dec 1 with 2980 views442Dale

bad publicity for us on 18:10 - Dec 1 by big_dave2010

fair enough. I saw him kicking off in the away end.. he was putting up quite a fight, just like HH did in the 80's.

And the 90s.

And the 00s

And he's training for a match at Wrestlemania next year. When not in the Chaddy End.

bad publicity for us on 19:32 - Dec 1 with 2815 viewsbig_dave2010

bad publicity for us on 18:24 - Dec 1 by 442Dale

And the 90s.

And the 00s

And he's training for a match at Wrestlemania next year. When not in the Chaddy End.

poor guy looked knackered after scrapping with the police.. maybe it is time for him to retire.again.
bad publicity for us on 19:52 - Dec 1 with 2738 viewsBIffoBiffoBiffo

bad publicity for us on 18:01 - Dec 1 by big_dave2010

Got a caution.

He is a very mild mannered bloke and the police / stewards were a disgrace with him.

As for the stuff in the home end, I'd certainly lend the blame with the fans jumping up. They should have kept their gobs shut. Whether that means you should be allowed to whack someone for it, I am not sure. Seemingly the mentality on most on here is yes?! Bizzare.

It's a shame that this is what is being discussed.
bad publicity for us on 20:43 - Dec 1 with 2571 viewsTVOS1907

bad publicity for us on 19:52 - Dec 1 by BIffoBiffoBiffo

Got a caution.

He is a very mild mannered bloke and the police / stewards were a disgrace with him.

As for the stuff in the home end, I'd certainly lend the blame with the fans jumping up. They should have kept their gobs shut. Whether that means you should be allowed to whack someone for it, I am not sure. Seemingly the mentality on most on here is yes?! Bizzare.

It's a shame that this is what is being discussed.

I'd certainly dispute your comment about the mentality of most on here.

The overwhelming opinion is that Oldham fans shouldn't have been in the home end and those that were should have kept a low profile.

I don't read many posters actually condoning the violence, but mainly condemning those who instigated it by being in the wrong stand.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

bad publicity for us on 20:58 - Dec 1 with 2499 viewsBIffoBiffoBiffo

bad publicity for us on 20:43 - Dec 1 by TVOS1907

I'd certainly dispute your comment about the mentality of most on here.

The overwhelming opinion is that Oldham fans shouldn't have been in the home end and those that were should have kept a low profile.

I don't read many posters actually condoning the violence, but mainly condemning those who instigated it by being in the wrong stand.

Maybe. There are few who think it is fine. No doubt they are the same type as the ones who we had giving it the big un too.

Saturday on the whole was a good day, living in Rochdale and having gone to Oulder Hill as a kid - it should have been. I am unhappy with the stewards in our end, they were bang out of order. I have been told by a mate that isn't the first time it's been mentioned about stewards in the Wilbutts lane end.

Anyway, good luck for the season. A few plebs have seemingly spoilt the views of quite a few Dale fans.

There were battles down Bury road when you played Bury a few years ago. A few lads who went to my school were banned from Dale games. Every club has the knobhead element: Dale included, don't let a few our ours make you think we were all like that.

See you at BP whenever it is played.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024