Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flitcroft at bury 21:42 - Dec 16 with 16868 viewsjoecooke

How long do we reckon he has got till the spanish archer.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Flitcroft at bury on 21:46 - Dec 16 with 6595 viewsD_Alien

bury v York this saturday - must win game, i'd say

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Flitcroft at bury on 21:48 - Dec 16 with 6566 viewsSuddenLad

Flitcroft at bury on 21:46 - Dec 16 by D_Alien

bury v York this saturday - must win game, i'd say

The Chief Boy Scout says that Flicker is an integral part of the future of BFC.

We'll see if he's as good as his word.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Flitcroft at bury on 21:49 - Dec 16 with 6529 viewsD_Alien

Flitcroft at bury on 21:48 - Dec 16 by SuddenLad

Integral part of the future? That could mean he'll get buried in the first concrete foundation

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Flitcroft at bury on 22:04 - Dec 16 with 6408 views_dezzy

Stuart Day was on gmr after the game saying that Luton had a player they had payed £2m for, surely that's not true?

KHBA

Flitcroft at bury on 22:07 - Dec 16 with 6385 viewsSuddenLad

Flitcroft at bury on 22:04 - Dec 16 by _dezzy

Stuart Day was on gmr after the game saying that Luton had a player they had payed £2m for, surely that's not true?

True or not (and I doubt it) it's irrelevant. Ross McCormack cost Fulham £12 million but he was on the losing side at Spotland.

Smoke screen.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2014 22:11]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Flitcroft at bury on 22:07 - Dec 16 with 6370 viewsrobbowood

I would be amazed if Mr Day sacks Flicker even if they were to lose against York

It's not as though they are bottom of the league and they can still get automatic promotion (despite recent results)
Flitcroft at bury on 22:26 - Dec 16 with 6233 viewsDomDale

Flitcroft at bury on 22:04 - Dec 16 by _dezzy

He was talking about Bury's you squad playing United's youth team and narrowly losing. United had the £2m player.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Flitcroft at bury on 07:55 - Dec 17 with 5952 viewsaleanddale

The milky bar kid is Flickers biggest problem.

Meddling chairmen are the worse. On talk sport this week Day actually stated he had talked to the coaching team and to the players after ( more like during stewie ) there poor run.

Also he said the answer is getting back to how he likes the game to be played.

He also said he was capable of reversing the form on the pitch before realising what he had said and quickly said the coaching staff to cover up a glaring error / insight into his dream world.

Can you imagine any circumstance where CD says to hilly I am popping to training tomorrow I need to address the players this is not good enough?

The biggest worry is not one bury fan has picked up on this latest talk sport weekly love in and questions why he spouts this shite!!

#obsessed
Login to get fewer ads

Flitcroft at bury on 09:17 - Dec 17 with 5849 viewsDomDale

Flitcroft at bury on 07:55 - Dec 17 by aleanddale

The milky bar kid is Flickers biggest problem.

Meddling chairmen are the worse. On talk sport this week Day actually stated he had talked to the coaching team and to the players after ( more like during stewie ) there poor run.

Also he said the answer is getting back to how he likes the game to be played.

He also said he was capable of reversing the form on the pitch before realising what he had said and quickly said the coaching staff to cover up a glaring error / insight into his dream world.

Can you imagine any circumstance where CD says to hilly I am popping to training tomorrow I need to address the players this is not good enough?

The biggest worry is not one bury fan has picked up on this latest talk sport weekly love in and questions why he spouts this shite!!

#obsessed

I listened to Day's post match interview yesterday on the drive home and it was odd. It came across as though he was the manager. Even throwing in the odd managerial cliche (and I thought Flitcroft was good for that...). Maybe he genuinely is just enthusiastic about the team. Maybe he wishes he was managing himself. Who knows.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Flitcroft at bury on 09:24 - Dec 17 with 5839 viewsaleanddale

Flitcroft at bury on 09:17 - Dec 17 by DomDale

I listened to Day's post match interview yesterday on the drive home and it was odd. It came across as though he was the manager. Even throwing in the odd managerial cliche (and I thought Flitcroft was good for that...). Maybe he genuinely is just enthusiastic about the team. Maybe he wishes he was managing himself. Who knows.

Never did I think Flicker would put up with it.

The milky bar kid could do worse than shut the fook up for a while and let flicker get on with it.

No chance of that of course with his inflated ego and the liking of the sound of his own voice.

Any resident shaker care to comment on these latest obsessed observations?
Flitcroft at bury on 09:28 - Dec 17 with 5820 views442Dale

Flitcroft at bury on 09:24 - Dec 17 by aleanddale

Never did I think Flicker would put up with it.

The milky bar kid could do worse than shut the fook up for a while and let flicker get on with it.

No chance of that of course with his inflated ego and the liking of the sound of his own voice.

Any resident shaker care to comment on these latest obsessed observations?

Letting Flitcroft get on with it leads to nothing but pointless loans, players out of position and changing the goalkeeper every few weeks.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Flitcroft at bury on 09:37 - Dec 17 with 5789 viewsaleanddale

Flitcroft at bury on 09:28 - Dec 17 by 442Dale

Letting Flitcroft get on with it leads to nothing but pointless loans, players out of position and changing the goalkeeper every few weeks.

He is employed to do just that though 442.

Either let Flicker get on with it or sack him.

Day let his guard down big time in the talk sport interview. I find it very odd every giggler seems to think the milky bar kid is god!!
Flitcroft at bury on 10:09 - Dec 17 with 5737 viewsBarryStrange

Flitcroft at bury on 09:37 - Dec 17 by aleanddale

He is employed to do just that though 442.

Either let Flicker get on with it or sack him.

Day let his guard down big time in the talk sport interview. I find it very odd every giggler seems to think the milky bar kid is god!!

As Deezel pointed out on another thread, you have to take a VERY selective interpretation of Bury fan views to come to that conclusion.

I think there is definitely something in the comment someone made above on here about "SD being Flicker's biggest problem", however I am afraid that defence is not really open to Flicker. The expectation management has been non-existent, and as a consequence you have people who are above averagely disillusioned at the moment with what has been a breathtakingly shite last few weeks.

Whilst the expectation issue is largely down to Day, he pays Flicker to do a job and that job is being done very, very badly right now. Even at the absolute pits of the Blackwell era we never turned in 6 defeats in 7 with one draw, and the draw was against Luton who are the only team we have played in that time above us in the table. We have lost to Tranmere, Oxford and Dagenham, all of whom were and are garbage and none of whom could we begrudge the victory.

Consider a few recent highlights:

Goalkeeping - aside from releasing last year's POY we have seen Loach (should have worked, didn't, sent him back - DF handled that right in my view) he drops Lainton just enough to deprive him of much chance to improve and announced in public that Jalal is leaving because it "hasn't worked out" - the same Jalal that he has now recalled despite emasculating him in public.

Recruitment - if in doubt, sign three loanees without a clue how you'll use them or if you'll use them. The number of players who have turned up, played twice and bogged off again since the Shrewsbury pasting is astounding.

Permanent signings - Thompson and Widdowson are either good enough to play for Bury or not. If so, why sign them and then put them out on loan without using them, particularly as we don't have a real replacement for either. If not, why sign them at all. And for that matter, why is every recruitment loan or permanent either from you lot, Rotherham or Barnsley?

Consistency in selection - If you are a keeper, make a mistake and you're out. If you're a central midfielder and you're not Andrew Tutte you're the first name on the team sheet. Tutte played every week when he wasn't bringing anything last season - now Etuhu and Soares are automatic selections despite Tutte being the only one of the three meriting a run in the side

Forwards - Nothing brings a young forward on like a good old pro to learn from. Which is why there has been no logic whatsoever to selection up front and consequently only Nardiello looks capable of scoring a goal - he just picks any 2 out of a hat from the 4 available options.

Full backs - we still only have one actual full back (Widdowson) and one pretty close approximation (Hussey). Neither play on the right. Of course we neutralise our best attacking threat by keep playing him at left WB even though he can't defend.

Centre halves - only Cameron truly deserving of a place in the team right now. As a manager you take responsibility for how your players perform - it is his job to find out what the hell is up with McNulty and sort it.

I have always believed Bury managers have the capacity to turn things around, and other than Blackwell I have never been pleased when we fired one - Knill turned it around when we fell apart in 2010 and we went up the following year, Walsh did after the club sold his entire side in 1992. Rarely however in such a short space of time does a manager give you quite so many demonstrable reasons to believe he hasn't got a clue how to stop this slide. Just like he didn't at Barnsley.
Flitcroft at bury on 10:20 - Dec 17 with 5700 viewsColDale

Flitcroft at bury on 10:09 - Dec 17 by BarryStrange

As Deezel pointed out on another thread, you have to take a VERY selective interpretation of Bury fan views to come to that conclusion.

I think there is definitely something in the comment someone made above on here about "SD being Flicker's biggest problem", however I am afraid that defence is not really open to Flicker. The expectation management has been non-existent, and as a consequence you have people who are above averagely disillusioned at the moment with what has been a breathtakingly shite last few weeks.

Whilst the expectation issue is largely down to Day, he pays Flicker to do a job and that job is being done very, very badly right now. Even at the absolute pits of the Blackwell era we never turned in 6 defeats in 7 with one draw, and the draw was against Luton who are the only team we have played in that time above us in the table. We have lost to Tranmere, Oxford and Dagenham, all of whom were and are garbage and none of whom could we begrudge the victory.

Goalkeeping - aside from releasing last year's POY we have seen Loach (should have worked, didn't, sent him back - DF handled that right in my view) he drops Lainton just enough to deprive him of much chance to improve and announced in public that Jalal is leaving because it "hasn't worked out" - the same Jalal that he has now recalled despite emasculating him in public.

Recruitment - if in doubt, sign three loanees without a clue how you'll use them or if you'll use them. The number of players who have turned up, played twice and bogged off again since the Shrewsbury pasting is astounding.

Permanent signings - Thompson and Widdowson are either good enough to play for Bury or not. If so, why sign them and then put them out on loan without using them, particularly as we don't have a real replacement for either. If not, why sign them at all. And for that matter, why is every recruitment loan or permanent either from you lot, Rotherham or Barnsley?

Consistency in selection - If you are a keeper, make a mistake and you're out. If you're a central midfielder and you're not Andrew Tutte you're the first name on the team sheet. Tutte played every week when he wasn't bringing anything last season - now Etuhu and Soares are automatic selections despite Tutte being the only one of the three meriting a run in the side

Forwards - Nothing brings a young forward on like a good old pro to learn from. Which is why there has been no logic whatsoever to selection up front and consequently only Nardiello looks capable of scoring a goal - he just picks any 2 out of a hat from the 4 available options.

Full backs - we still only have one actual full back (Widdowson) and one pretty close approximation (Hussey). Neither play on the right. Of course we neutralise our best attacking threat by keep playing him at left WB even though he can't defend.

Centre halves - only Cameron truly deserving of a place in the team right now. As a manager you take responsibility for how your players perform - it is his job to find out what the hell is up with McNulty and sort it.

I have always believed Bury managers have the capacity to turn things around, and other than Blackwell I have never been pleased when we fired one - Knill turned it around when we fell apart in 2010 and we went up the following year, Walsh did after the club sold his entire side in 1992. Rarely however in such a short space of time does a manager give you quite so many demonstrable reasons to believe he hasn't got a clue how to stop this slide. Just like he didn't at Barnsley.

Managers over complicate matters at times. We had it with Eyre who would try several different formations in the same game without realising that what worked for highly talented youngsters didn't work for the bread and butter footballers of League One.

The original Hillcroft success was down to keeping matters as simple as possible with their no fear approach. Tactics were to attack and enjoy the football, and it was from this time that players would over perform due to the climate around the club.

I know football changes but Flicker could do with remembering what has worked for him and to keep that as being the normal. He won't win every game but he shouldn't expect to. hilly always talks about forgiving the players when things go wrong, whilst Flicker seems to chop and change and bring in replacements. It's so far from what appears to have been his football principles, but I'd be surprised if he was allowing Day to have any influence at all. He might manipulate him into thinking he has influence but it's not Flicker's style.
Flitcroft at bury on 10:24 - Dec 17 with 5691 viewsParkinsGimp

The Milky Bar kid is always full of words LOL , lets see if he does take the reigns in essense , that would be hilarious. Love hands on Chairmen LOL
Flitcroft at bury on 10:32 - Dec 17 with 5668 viewsaleanddale

I disagree Col.

I am convinced Day is the problem. Did you hear the talk sport interview? It was an embarrassment. flicker should if he hasn't already tell Day to shut the fook up!!

Another example is the Lowe signing, it has Day written all over it to appease the fans.

I just cannot believe with all options At his disposal Lowe was anywhere hear flickers wish list.

Surprisingly weak from Flicker in my book.

Long May the Day interventions and interviews continue though it's like watching a real life Walter Mitty!!!
Flitcroft at bury on 16:22 - Dec 17 with 5468 viewsWhiteyBFC

Flitcroft at bury on 10:09 - Dec 17 by BarryStrange

When I first ventured onto your forum to give you an insight into the Flicker managerial experience, I was given short shrift. I was bitter, my club should have backed him or I was a Daley arse kisser.

It doesn't make me feel good to see that Flicker is basically reliving his Barnsley tenure a couple of divisions further down with a different BFC. It frankly amazes me. I thought he'd have learned.

For your current goalkeeping charade, I give you our goalkeeping charade of last season, where DF refused to offer Luke Steele a two year contract because he reckoned at 28, Steele was too old. The board overruled him and Steele got his two year deal. And so fast forward to our first hammering away at Blackburn... We'd taken the lead, Dagnall with a 25 yard beauty. But then one of Flicker's new recruits stepped in. One Jean-Yves M'Voto. An absolute unit of a centre half. Signed from under the noses of rivals Doncaster, despite DF's constant assurances all summer that "we don't need a big man at the back, we want footballers at centre back". But yes, a few minutes after Daggers' opener, Big John hauls down Jordan Rhodes and we're down to ten and Blackburn go on to spank us 5-2.

In the dressing room at full time, DF lambasts Steele in front of the first team. Three lads stuck up for Steele. Messrs Hassell, Dagnall and Scotland.

DF's answer? To sign 41 year old Mike Pollitt on loan. 28 year old is too old for a keeper, but 41? No. Especially not when that keeper's your best mate and 'holiday buddy'.

Pollitt goes on to conceded a shed load of goals in his brief time at the club and eventually injures himself picking the ball out of the net.

DF somehow, is then allowed to recruit Jack Butland on loan because Steele is now 'injured'. Butland proved to be decent for us, but no more than Steele and as soon as Danny Wilson returned Luke's injury miraculously cleared up.

You referred to the haphazard nature of his recruitment. Yep, we saw that too. After a great end to his first season in charge where O'Grady, Dagnall, Harewood, Rose and Scotland proved fantastic options for us up top, he quickly dispensed of all of em, barring COG, and lavishly splashed out on Norwegian wunderkind Marcus Pedersen (the youtube video of him showing him around Oakwell broke the world record for cheese induced cringing). Pedersen would go on to be the most unfit striker I've ever known, but considering how fit his missus was (check out that youtube video) I can understand the amount of groin pulls...

It's that that stunned most of us. Flicker's Churchillian speech post staying up at Huddersfield, commending 'his' group of special human beings. To then discard of most of em so quickly, well it baffled us. The three lads here before the Hillcroft era - Steele, Foster and Hassell - were club heroes. All three performed heroically for Flicker too. Their treatment was appalling. But less surprising. The surprise was how he ditched Harewood, Dagnall, McNulty, Rose and especially Scotland.

Yet he persisted in picking one or two favourites no matter how badly they played.

Before eventually just saying "give the ball to Paddy" and losing his job. But only after signing Marcus Tudgay on loan, who'd already been Keith Hill's final signing before his axing. Two days after signing the cursed striker, Flicker was gone. It's no surprise Danny Wilson soon ended Tudgay's spell.....

Other than Wilson after guiding us to the Premier League, never in my 26 years watching my club have I known a manager backed so much by the supporters than Flicker. After what he'd masterminded in his first half a season, he'd achieved/earned legendary status. I had my reasons (personal to me) for not liking him, and I was against his appointment. But I had to put all that to one side as he galvanized my club and took us on a great escape of a journey that we'll never forget. I forgave him, I even began to love him. That day at Huddersfield is right up there with the day Danny took us to the promised land, or the days we went to Wembley etc.

But he pissed it all up the wall. And I still have no idea why.

But the calls for his head weren't there. I wanted him to be given time. He'd earned that. But our board don't hang around. Or, they don't usually. As we stand right now, I'm pretty surprised that Danny's still here, such is our lowly standing and their propensity for firing managers so soon...

Last few times I've been on the Bury forum I've called for you to be patient, to stick with him. We'll only know how good a manager he is by allowing him to come out of the other side of a shite run. If we sacked managers every time they have a poor run then Keith Hill would have been fired last month, Pardew at Newcastle, Wenger at Arsenal etc etc.

And considering the absolute love fest on your forum for Flicker some months ago I feel you owe him some loyalty. Just like we did.

Football fans are fickle. And despite the adoration for Keith on here, if he oversaw 6 defeats in 7, there'd be idiots on here calling for a change...

Supporters support. Fans call for change.

Criticise, dissect, slate managers/players. No problem. We're human. But supporting them takes bottle. And I say that at a time where on our forum the calls for our best manager ever's head have been massive. I'm enduring a shoddy old season as a reds fan, but I'm not throwing the teddy out, I'm backing him and his new, young squad. Rome wasn't built in a day and all that.

I make no apologies for this long old post. And I implore Bury 'supporters' and 'fans' alike to watch this little video.

Merry Xmas.

Flitcroft at bury on 17:00 - Dec 17 with 5399 viewsdeeplishblue

According to Flitcroft Rochdale are one of the best clubs in the world.
Fast forward to 09:50

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Flitcroft at bury on 17:01 - Dec 17 with 5391 viewsaleanddale

Hope pail - didds and Rob are all ok.

It's very quiet - unless the penny is slowly dropping!!
Flitcroft at bury on 17:10 - Dec 17 with 5363 viewsnordenblue

Flitcroft at bury on 17:01 - Dec 17 by aleanddale

Pail will still be taking his shoes and socks off to keep up with the goals conceded column id imagine
Flitcroft at bury on 21:49 - Dec 17 with 5184 viewsPDIDDY

Flitcroft at bury on 17:01 - Dec 17 by aleanddale

I'm fine thank you, sorry I haven't posted since yesterday

Gissa job

Flitcroft at bury on 21:56 - Dec 17 with 5150 viewsmacro

Flitcroft at bury on 09:28 - Dec 17 by 442Dale

Only one unchanged team so far this season
Flitcroft at bury on 21:58 - Dec 17 with 5134 viewsPDIDDY

We've taken our foot off the pedal since winning the league in October. UTS

Gissa job

Flitcroft at bury on 22:21 - Dec 17 with 5071 viewsnordenblue

Flitcroft at bury on 21:56 - Dec 17 by macro

Only one unchanged team so far this season

And 4 right footed midfielders all playing togethers not helping matters according to a certain Mr Errrr,
Flitcroft at bury on 00:16 - Dec 18 with 4943 viewsdownunder

Flitcroft at bury on 17:10 - Dec 17 by nordenblue

Pail will still be taking his shoes and socks off to keep up with the goals conceded column id imagine

Oh! Goals conceded more than twelve is it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024