Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Granada Sport 18:22 - Dec 17 with 2607 viewsSuddenLad

The numpties at Granada just showed footage of Dale's superb win over Aldershot.

They showed the Aldershot goal, but none of Dale's.

Incompetent and useless are two words that spring to mind.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Granada Sport on 18:30 - Dec 17 with 2567 viewselectricblue

BBC NWT are more interested in Accies failure than Dales win.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Granada Sport on 18:35 - Dec 17 with 2546 viewsTalkingSutty

Granada Sport on 18:30 - Dec 17 by electricblue

It's a bit rich having a go at Media coverage when we as a club can't be arsed to put somebody in front of a microphone for a post match interview.

We crave a bit of success and then when we get it we play it down or go to the extreme and refuse the BBC an interview which happened last night. Only at Rochdale.
Granada Sport on 18:35 - Dec 17 with 2546 viewsTalkingSutty

It's a bit rich having a go at Media coverage when we as a club can't be arsed to put somebody in front of a microphone for a post match interview.

We crave a bit of success and then when we get it we play it down or go to the extreme and refuse the BBC an interview which isis what happened I happened last night. Only at Rochdale.
Granada Sport on 18:40 - Dec 17 with 2528 viewsTalkingSutty

We crave a bit of success and then when we get it we play it down or go to the extreme and refuse the BBC an interview which isis what happened I happened last night. Only at Rochdale.
Granada Sport on 18:42 - Dec 17 with 2520 viewsTalkingSutty

Granada Sport on 18:40 - Dec 17 by TalkingSutty

Soz for multiple posts, iPad went a bit funny.
Granada Sport on 18:54 - Dec 17 with 2461 viewsD_Alien

Granada Sport on 18:42 - Dec 17 by TalkingSutty

Soz for multiple posts, iPad went a bit funny.

More repeats than the bloody BBC

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Granada Sport on 19:04 - Dec 17 with 2402 views49thseason

Or is there something between the BBC and the Club that goes back a bit further? I was more than disappointed by the Football League Show coverage of our game at Colchester and to be honest they have shown little except the goals (presumably a BBC contractual requirement) for ages. There was a long(ish) interview with KH after that game (audio) but I wondered if the interview had been recorded by Daleplayer and the BBC just decided to "use" it.

To be fair anyone who upsets the BBC is OK in my book!
Granada Sport on 19:08 - Dec 17 with 2381 views442Dale

Granada Sport on 19:04 - Dec 17 by 49thseason

Or is there something between the BBC and the Club that goes back a bit further? I was more than disappointed by the Football League Show coverage of our game at Colchester and to be honest they have shown little except the goals (presumably a BBC contractual requirement) for ages. There was a long(ish) interview with KH after that game (audio) but I wondered if the interview had been recorded by Daleplayer and the BBC just decided to "use" it.

But where's the interview on our site today?

Also is there or isn't there a contractual obligation to talk to the media? Presumably Hill/someone has said something, if only so the Ob/club programme have something to print in the next day or so for their publications on Saturday.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2014 19:08]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Granada Sport on 19:20 - Dec 17 with 2325 viewsD_Alien

Granada Sport on 19:08 - Dec 17 by 442Dale

Also is there or isn't there a contractual obligation to talk to the media? Presumably Hill/someone has said something, if only so the Ob/club programme have something to print in the next day or so for their publications on Saturday.

It was also quite pointed during live coverage of the Aldershot game at their place that whilst the Aldershot manager was happy to talk to the pitchside interviewer, Dale put up Beechy who looked naffed off about it.

Edited!
[Post edited 17 Dec 2014 19:23]

Granada Sport on 19:24 - Dec 17 with 2287 viewsisitme

Granada Sport on 19:08 - Dec 17 by 442Dale

Surely there should be an interview with either Hill or Beech and a player after each game for Dale Player subscribers? They abridged versions of these can be added to the YouTube channel with a link to Dale Player for the full interviews in an attempt to up sell.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2014 19:24]
Granada Sport on 19:44 - Dec 17 with 2237 viewsTVOS1907

Tbf, it's not the fans on here who refused to do interviews, so i think they are entitled to have a go at other media.

You're right with your other point though.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Granada Sport on 19:49 - Dec 17 with 2218 viewsTVOS1907

Granada Sport on 19:04 - Dec 17 by 49thseason

I think we're getting a bit paranoid here.

There are 48 clubs in the League 1 and League 2. I don't think we get any more or less coverage on the FLS than other clubs who are flirting with the play-offs.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Granada Sport on 20:19 - Dec 17 with 2149 viewsSuddenLad

Granada Sport on 19:20 - Dec 17 by D_Alien

It was also quite pointed during live coverage of the Aldershot game at their place that whilst the Aldershot manager was happy to talk to the pitchside interviewer, Dale put up Beechy who looked naffed off about it.

Edited!
[Post edited 17 Dec 2014 19:23]

It's a bloody ridiculous idea to shove a microphone into the face of a manager whilst the game is in progress. I'd be inclined to tell them to shove the microphone where the sun don't shine.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Granada Sport on 20:38 - Dec 17 with 2100 viewsDaley_Lama

Exactamundo.

75 minute programme on Saturday.

After 50 minutes they switched to League 1.

That's 24 games to show and dissect in 25 minutes.

Poll: DF in or out

Granada Sport on 20:46 - Dec 17 with 2060 viewsfrenzied

Granada Sport on 20:19 - Dec 17 by SuddenLad

It's a bloody ridiculous idea to shove a microphone into the face of a manager whilst the game is in progress. I'd be inclined to tell them to shove the microphone where the sun don't shine.

Its a matter of time before they start to interview players as they are about to take a corner or whilst injured on the pitch!!!!!!!

The whole thing has become a circus
Granada Sport on 21:54 - Dec 17 with 1951 viewsmacro

Granada Sport on 18:35 - Dec 17 by TalkingSutty

We crave a bit of success and then when we get it we play it down or go to the extreme and refuse the BBC an interview which happened last night. Only at Rochdale.

It's not can't be arsed more refusal to do it from what I gather
Granada Sport on 23:00 - Dec 17 with 1842 viewsD_Alien

Granada Sport on 20:19 - Dec 17 by SuddenLad

Whilst on one level I'd tend to agree - I cringe when I see it happening - on another it's a bit like people are taking the whole thing too seriously! It's not a matter of life or death!

It's sport, a form of entertainment. The reason I cringe is because of the utter inanity of the questions posed by the interviewer. Beechy found himself having to respond to the question of subs we'd just made, which was extremely difficult to answer without making it sound like the player coming off had been crap (can't remember who it was).

I dread to think what Hilly would've said!

Granada Sport on 23:15 - Dec 17 with 1799 viewsdingdangblue

Granada Sport on 23:00 - Dec 17 by D_Alien

Whilst on one level I'd tend to agree - I cringe when I see it happening - on another it's a bit like people are taking the whole thing too seriously! It's not a matter of life or death!

It's sport, a form of entertainment. The reason I cringe is because of the utter inanity of the questions posed by the interviewer. Beechy found himself having to respond to the question of subs we'd just made, which was extremely difficult to answer without making it sound like the player coming off had been crap (can't remember who it was).

Funny - I thought Beech handled that interview well in the circumstances.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Granada Sport on 15:22 - Dec 18 with 1533 viewsParkinsGimp

I agree, look at T20 cricket now, they have a player miked up and chat inbetween overs... now that would be interesting LOL , totally impractical in a so called contact sport !
Granada Sport on 17:00 - Dec 18 with 1421 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Granada Sport on 23:15 - Dec 17 by dingdangblue

Funny - I thought Beech handled that interview well in the circumstances.

Exactly!

That's the point.
Granada Sport on 20:53 - Dec 18 with 1226 viewsfinberty

Inane questions from grovelling uncritical reporters. We could start an entire thread on this.
My least favourite examples include:

How important was that goal?
How important is that result to your promotion chances?
How important is player X to your plans?
How would you evaluate that result?
The referee had a good game didn't he?
The penalty changed the game didn't it?
It was an inspired substitution by you wasn't it?
The crowd played their part didn't they?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024