Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The LEGEND 18:36 - Dec 18 with 5881 viewsArthurDaley

Seeing as most ex players score against us, will the Legend celebrate or just run back to his own half. If he does score it will be a polite applause from me. Hope fully we will score one more than them.

A large VAT Dave

The LEGEND on 14:43 - Dec 19 with 2167 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Jones was a professional sportsman at Rochdale paid to do a job. He is not a Rochdale lad, not a Rochdale fan and when he ceased being a paid employee, the professional relationship ended.

If soccer players insist on kissing and cuddling each other after they score in that oh so homo-erotic manner, then so be it. The fact he was an employee of the club should in no way mean a stifling of celebration if he or any other County player scores.
The LEGEND on 15:19 - Dec 19 with 2128 viewsnordenblue

The LEGEND on 14:43 - Dec 19 by Albert_Whitehurst

Jones was a professional sportsman at Rochdale paid to do a job. He is not a Rochdale lad, not a Rochdale fan and when he ceased being a paid employee, the professional relationship ended.

If soccer players insist on kissing and cuddling each other after they score in that oh so homo-erotic manner, then so be it. The fact he was an employee of the club should in no way mean a stifling of celebration if he or any other County player scores.

Soccer!! Have we moved to America?
The LEGEND on 15:36 - Dec 19 with 2103 viewsD_Alien

Looks like the love is mutual, but not in an homo-erotic way

http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/article/gary-jones-previews-rochdale-v-notts

[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 15:36]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The LEGEND on 15:36 - Dec 19 with 2102 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

The LEGEND on 15:19 - Dec 19 by nordenblue

Soccer!! Have we moved to America?

Well no, because 'soccer' is a British word....abbreviation of 'association' football.
The LEGEND on 15:42 - Dec 19 with 2092 viewsnordenblue

The LEGEND on 15:36 - Dec 19 by Albert_Whitehurst

Well no, because 'soccer' is a British word....abbreviation of 'association' football.

Its a term commonly used in the last few decades by yanks who know nothing about the game regardless of its origins
The LEGEND on 15:49 - Dec 19 with 2079 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

The LEGEND on 15:42 - Dec 19 by nordenblue

Its a term commonly used in the last few decades by yanks who know nothing about the game regardless of its origins

Only the last few decades? I think you'll find its a large proportion of the globe using the word 'soccer'. The Americans can and should be blamed for a lot of things. This isn't one of them.
The LEGEND on 18:25 - Dec 19 with 1993 viewspioneer

'Soccer' was coined as an abbreviation of association football in the 19th century by the public schools to distinguish it from rugby football which they abbreviated to 'rugger'.

See "Association football and the men who made it"

The Americans have nothing to do with it.
The LEGEND on 18:48 - Dec 19 with 1966 viewsnordenblue

The LEGEND on 15:49 - Dec 19 by Albert_Whitehurst

Only the last few decades? I think you'll find its a large proportion of the globe using the word 'soccer'. The Americans can and should be blamed for a lot of things. This isn't one of them.

The word soccer is not generally used in this country hence my initial point amd more associated with uneducated yanks for the game of football
Login to get fewer ads

The LEGEND on 19:39 - Dec 19 with 1917 viewsnordenblue

The LEGEND on 18:25 - Dec 19 by pioneer

'Soccer' was coined as an abbreviation of association football in the 19th century by the public schools to distinguish it from rugby football which they abbreviated to 'rugger'.

See "Association football and the men who made it"

The Americans have nothing to do with it.

The term "soccer" should have stayed in the 19th century, its origin with links to public schools kind of sums it up perfectly tbf
The LEGEND on 21:38 - Dec 19 with 1855 viewsBrighouseDale

The LEGEND on 14:43 - Dec 19 by Albert_Whitehurst

You're a miserable sod, you.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

The LEGEND on 21:45 - Dec 19 with 1853 viewsBingoballs

I hate the word soccer, our game is governed by the FA (Football Association) not the SA (Soccer Association).
The LEGEND on 22:07 - Dec 19 with 1823 viewsDaley_Lama

Peter V celebrated his winner v Aldershot on Tuesday.

Poll: DF in or out

The LEGEND on 13:10 - Dec 20 with 1661 views1mark1

Players should celebrate in their usual way if they score, because in my opinion it is disrespectful not too. I would not be surprised if he did score, and hope he celebrates with his teammates and the people who allow his wages to be paid-the fans of Notts County.

Jones was well liked by many, some of us throughout his time, or at various times during his employment here thought he was either overrated or worse. It's a matter of OPINION to how good people thought he was, or not. Yes he scored a lot of goals, he also in my and others opinions made many bad mistakes. As for his many appearances, some will think that he was lucky to have had so many. If people don't like what I say, it does not bother me, as it makes no difference, to what I believe to be the case, and it's only the same type of thing I said when he played for us.

I won't applaud or do anything negative towards him any more than any opposition player.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

The LEGEND on 14:27 - Dec 20 with 1608 viewsdingdangblue

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

The LEGEND on 23:45 - Dec 20 with 1501 viewsDaley_Lama

Jonah was applauding all sides as he left the pitch.

Sadly it was over-shadowed by other stuff but i spotted it

Poll: DF in or out

The LEGEND on 00:00 - Dec 21 with 1417 viewsjudd

The LEGEND on 23:45 - Dec 20 by Daley_Lama

Jonah was applauding all sides as he left the pitch.

Sadly it was over-shadowed by other stuff but i spotted it

Jonah is an absolute Gent. Got lucky today but would not begrudge him any accolade at all.

Poll: What is it to be then?

The LEGEND on 00:24 - Dec 21 with 1370 viewsDomDale

Fairly sure as their equaliser went in and their players ran off celebrating for 2 mins in front of their fans GJ stayed in the middle of the field. Their keeper ran over to grab him as if to shake him and celebrate and GJ threw the keepers arms off him.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

The LEGEND on 00:25 - Dec 21 with 1365 viewsjudd

The LEGEND on 00:24 - Dec 21 by DomDale

Fairly sure as their equaliser went in and their players ran off celebrating for 2 mins in front of their fans GJ stayed in the middle of the field. Their keeper ran over to grab him as if to shake him and celebrate and GJ threw the keepers arms off him.

I think their keeper actually hugged the ref.

Poll: What is it to be then?

The LEGEND on 00:31 - Dec 21 with 1355 viewsDomDale

The LEGEND on 00:25 - Dec 21 by judd

I think their keeper actually hugged the ref.

Wouldn't surprise me. Saw an ambulance rushing towards the ground after FT and wondered if KH or some angry main standers had it took it upon themselves to knock the shyte midget ref out.

KHBA

The LEGEND on 00:40 - Dec 21 with 1343 viewsTalkingSutty

The LEGEND on 00:31 - Dec 21 by DomDale

Wouldn't surprise me. Saw an ambulance rushing towards the ground after FT and wondered if KH or some angry main standers had it took it upon themselves to knock the shyte midget ref out.

Never mind, we've had plenty of lat gasp goals. County got away with it today, one of the poorest teams I have seen at Spotland this season
The LEGEND on 00:50 - Dec 21 with 1335 viewsDomDale

The LEGEND on 00:40 - Dec 21 by TalkingSutty

Never mind, we've had plenty of lat gasp goals. County got away with it today, one of the poorest teams I have seen at Spotland this season

Said this after the game. They looked crap. No reason we can't finish above them. Even better if that means a play off place.
Struggling to think of a team who looked worse at Spotland. Walsall spring to mind but they were that bad I have to believe they were having an "off day".

Can't hide my dislike for that club: it's fans, players and board members. Horrible. Wish they'd do a Hereford and disappear.

KHBA

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024