Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Price of beer at Rochdale AFC 21:08 - Dec 20 with 2913 views100notout

Pint of Cask bitter today in the Ratcliffe - £3.20
Pint of Cask bitter today in the Dale Bar - £2.90

May be mistaken but I thought this was raised a few months ago and the club either denied there were different prices in each bar or agreed that they would make them the same price in each bar.

Why? And why is the 50p discount only available to Trust Members / ST holders in the Dale Bar?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Price of beer at Rochdale AFC on 21:25 - Dec 20 with 2850 viewsBrighouseDale

I had a pint of Carlsberg in the Dale bar today for £3.20. Then got another in the Ratcliffe as there was a much shorter queue. Cost me £3.50 in there, now I know why the queue was bloody shorter.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Price of beer at Rochdale AFC on 21:30 - Dec 20 with 2825 viewsroccydaleian

Join the Trust, it's only a tenner, you'll get your money back and more over the season
[Post edited 21 Dec 2014 10:38]
Price of beer at Rochdale AFC on 21:30 - Dec 20 with 2824 views442Dale

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/117904/ratcliffe-and-dale-b

This came up in the summer. It was raised with the Trust about the differences in prices, as it was the previous year.

This was on the Trust site: http://daletrust.com/news/?p=1806

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Price of beer at Rochdale AFC on 00:45 - Dec 21 with 2602 viewsDomDale

Got a pint of cask before KO that was so "lively" I couldn't drink it. Resembled a German weizenbier it was so cloudy. Would take it back at any other bar but busy and so soon to KO I just left it.
Beer ain't just dear it isn't kept or served properly. Not sure I can be arsed going in their anymore. Can get better elsewhere for less.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Price of beer at Rochdale AFC on 00:51 - Dec 21 with 2594 viewsTalkingSutty

Price of beer at Rochdale AFC on 21:30 - Dec 20 by roccydaleian

Join the Trust, it's only a tenner, you'll get your money back and more over the season
[Post edited 21 Dec 2014 10:38]

You miss the point, the beer is extortionate and whilst people like you make excuses for it the price will remain the same. I am all for making a profit but the Dale bars are taking the piss and they know it
Price of beer at Rochdale AFC on 09:29 - Dec 21 with 2465 viewsnordenblue

Price of beer at Rochdale AFC on 00:51 - Dec 21 by TalkingSutty

You miss the point, the beer is extortionate and whilst people like you make excuses for it the price will remain the same. I am all for making a profit but the Dale bars are taking the piss and they know it

Dont bother going in and spending money the place will change soon enough, its a piss take they serve shit beer and charge you the earth for it.Not for me thanks, if i was that bothered id nip in the cemetery pre match for a few for a decent pint in a proper pub
Price of beer at Rochdale AFC on 16:46 - Dec 21 with 2244 views1mark1

They would get many more in and thus make more money if they served better booze at a more realistic price.

There are a number of boozers that offer better and cheaper booze around the area.

Many would like to support the club by buying their booze from the Club's drinking establishments IF it was more affordable and better value.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Price of beer at Rochdale AFC on 16:59 - Dec 21 with 2223 viewsD_Alien

Price of beer at Rochdale AFC on 16:46 - Dec 21 by 1mark1

They would get many more in and thus make more money if they served better booze at a more realistic price.

There are a number of boozers that offer better and cheaper booze around the area.

Many would like to support the club by buying their booze from the Club's drinking establishments IF it was more affordable and better value.

The problem here is one of "ownership" and it's the same problem with the catering.

If you're the landlord of a pub or the proprietor of a restaurant (or a chippy for that matter) you rely on the intangible thing "customer goodwill" to earn your living.

If you're just paid a pretty average wage to serve food or booze, you turn up and do your job but couldn't care less whether the customer is happy or not. There are exceptions of course, but they're rare.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Price of beer at Rochdale AFC on 17:12 - Dec 21 with 2197 viewsscooby

Price of beer at Rochdale AFC on 16:46 - Dec 21 by 1mark1

Said it at the start of the season... We frequent the Brown Cow and Star (tried the Turf Tav on sat, wasn't overly impressed) and never pay more than £2.15 for a pint of lager. Reasonable walk too, Star is very local and has a reasonable atmosphere.
Price of beer at Rochdale AFC on 17:54 - Dec 21 with 2149 viewsTommoRAFC

Price of beer at Rochdale AFC on 00:51 - Dec 21 by TalkingSutty

Don't understand how the beer is in such poor condition, its not like Studds where its sat all week not doing anything.

The club should be trying to make the Ratcliffe/Dale Bar the best place to be for Dale fans not the opposite.

Who's the landlord now?

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Price of beer at Rochdale AFC on 18:59 - Dec 21 with 2070 viewsSkiptonDale

Maybe it's just the day and age but to me £3.20 for a pint of ale isn't all that bad. I'd say it's pretty much on the money as it's the that I pay at my local, and other than in a Wetherspoons I'd say you're talking around three quid a pint in most pubs these days. (and people say us Yorkshire folk are tight )

As regards the quality, I'll have a Cask in the Dale Bar (sometimes more than one if I'm not driving) and I've never had a bad pint in there.

On a final note, the staff in the Dale bar are always very friendly and can pour a good pint. For example, I can't remember ever having to have my pint topped up cos I've been given too much head (Insert joke here).
Price of beer at Rochdale AFC on 19:07 - Dec 21 with 2057 views442Dale

The staff are indeed very good. The atmosphere is much better now home fans are predominantly in the Dale Bar too. Wish I'd gone in there years ago.

Can't beat a good Gary Jones debate over a pint.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024