Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Proud of them lads today 17:30 - Jan 3 with 4636 viewsupthedale89

What a performance from every dale player today
Proud of them lads today on 17:35 - Jan 3 with 3386 viewsscooby

Fully agree. Well fought, well deserved.
Proud of them lads today on 17:38 - Jan 3 with 3345 viewsR17ALE

Must admit, I was surprised with the starting XI, but at the end I thought our best performers were our home grown youngsters.

Camps, Allen, Tanser, and Logan - you can all take a bow!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Proud of them lads today on 17:46 - Jan 3 with 3265 viewsD_Alien

Proud of them lads today on 17:38 - Jan 3 by R17ALE

Must admit, I was surprised with the starting XI, but at the end I thought our best performers were our home grown youngsters.

Camps, Allen, Tanser, and Logan - you can all take a bow!

Camps MOM for me, one hell of a performance for one so inexperienced, but no argument with Bennett as the sponsors choice - massively composed throughout.

Was good to see Allen playing in a more forward role again. Logan did well and Tanser did ok but today showed he's still got a lot to learn defensively against a high-class winger. Better going forward.

Proud of them all!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Proud of them lads today on 17:47 - Jan 3 with 3240 viewsaleanddale

Camps outstanding.

Bennett and Allen too.

My mom would be done. Never gave the forest defence a minutes peace all afternoon.

As per the OP very very proud of that Dale performance today.

City at the etihad please round 4.
Proud of them lads today on 18:00 - Jan 3 with 3120 viewsolympicdale

Camps was the standout performer for me, full of energy and willing to run at the Forest defence. Tanser got done a few times by their widemen, I was a little worried when he'd go on a foray up field, leaving his side exposed.

The centre of defence was like a brick wall at times, brilliant determination from Easty and Lancy against a very direct and physical forward line

Bennett looked lost for the first 15 mins, but really grew into the game and was the perfect protection for the back 4.

Their number 6 will be glad to see the back of Done, never gave him a minutes peace

all in all a fantastic team display, full of desire and well deserved!

onto round 4, anyone at home please.

Life is a game of fate.

Proud of them lads today on 18:05 - Jan 3 with 3065 viewsok_computer

Bennett was brilliant today, right MOTM for me. He completely dominated the midfield, especially in the air which allowed Done to press high as Rhys won headers from the long balls.
We looked wobbly at the back in the first half, but much more composed in the second. Eastham was brilliant, he had one block (when Camps was injured) where he seemed to appear from nowhere. I thought Tanser was good as well, he really grew into the game. And Done ran his arse off. Brilliant stuff.
Proud of them lads today on 18:23 - Jan 3 with 2948 viewsupthedale89

Camps was outstanding first half think he did to much and run himself to the ground.
Logan was quality and I was surprised when they took him off I felt he still had more to offer
Bennett second half was a rock and also felt rafferty was not that I'm saying the others weren't good
Proud of them lads today on 18:28 - Jan 3 with 2903 viewsok_computer

Proud of them lads today on 18:23 - Jan 3 by upthedale89

Camps was outstanding first half think he did to much and run himself to the ground.
Logan was quality and I was surprised when they took him off I felt he still had more to offer
Bennett second half was a rock and also felt rafferty was not that I'm saying the others weren't good

Logan wasn't giving Tanser much support,No presume that's why he came off. Bunney did well when he came on.
Login to get fewer ads

Proud of them lads today on 19:10 - Jan 3 with 2767 viewsLathamDale

Cant believe out of all these threads I haven't seen Eastham's name mentioned anywhere. Yes the young players where outstanding but I dare say Eastham had one of the best games I saw from a defender in a dale shirt, he was there constantly when they got a half chance and with Lancashire dealt with the strikers very well
Proud of them lads today on 19:40 - Jan 3 with 2615 viewsArthurDaley

Proud of every one of them to day, with bodies flying in to protect our slender lead.
Just got the feeling Forest just wouldn't score.
Fair play to the Forest players at the penalty, no crowding around the referee, un like them tvvats from Fleetwood.
I thought the worst when I saw our record with Mr Sutton. Thought he had a decent game.

A large VAT Dave

Proud of them lads today on 19:53 - Jan 3 with 2554 viewsD_Dale

One of last year's Round 3 heroes has tweeted:

Scott Hogan @ScottHogan92 ·

Some more FA cup magic at Spotland I'm hearing , congrats to the boys , not a bad habit to be making @officiallydale
[Post edited 3 Jan 2015 19:53]
Proud of them lads today on 19:55 - Jan 3 with 2533 viewsColDale

That was the biggest gamble that we've ever put out for a cup game. I don't think there's a Dale fan out there who didn't wince then they heard about the two players making their full debut and the absence of what we'd call proper first team players. I reckon we've not had a proper first choice team now since October with various niggles and suspensions. The six youth players could easily have been seven with Hasler Cregg close to a place on the bench.

Don't think anyone could complain about the result., Yes they had a million corners and plenty of possession in the second half, but the best chances were our's and it could easily have been 3-0 to us at the break.

Didn't want Vincenti to take the penalty, especially when it appeared nothing had been decided before the game. The fact he never handed the ball over to Done calls into question him being the nicest man in football.

Second half, and I think it was our best defensive display since Luton away in 2001ish. Not a fan of Lancashire, but him and Eastham did a sterling job today, but as mentioned by others, Bennett was a different class today. Best display I've seen him play, and I don't think he made a single mistake all game.

As for Forest, well Pearce is holding them back. You can't make a managerial career out of a celebration against Spain and liking the Sex Pistols. Forest looked clueless today. No direction, no gameplan, no ideas. Some decent individuals but based on today, we won't have to wait long for their 2nd visit to Spotland. Pearce will be long gone by then.
Proud of them lads today on 20:05 - Jan 3 with 2490 viewsChaffRAFC

Proud of them lads today on 19:55 - Jan 3 by ColDale

That was the biggest gamble that we've ever put out for a cup game. I don't think there's a Dale fan out there who didn't wince then they heard about the two players making their full debut and the absence of what we'd call proper first team players. I reckon we've not had a proper first choice team now since October with various niggles and suspensions. The six youth players could easily have been seven with Hasler Cregg close to a place on the bench.

Don't think anyone could complain about the result., Yes they had a million corners and plenty of possession in the second half, but the best chances were our's and it could easily have been 3-0 to us at the break.

Didn't want Vincenti to take the penalty, especially when it appeared nothing had been decided before the game. The fact he never handed the ball over to Done calls into question him being the nicest man in football.

Second half, and I think it was our best defensive display since Luton away in 2001ish. Not a fan of Lancashire, but him and Eastham did a sterling job today, but as mentioned by others, Bennett was a different class today. Best display I've seen him play, and I don't think he made a single mistake all game.

As for Forest, well Pearce is holding them back. You can't make a managerial career out of a celebration against Spain and liking the Sex Pistols. Forest looked clueless today. No direction, no gameplan, no ideas. Some decent individuals but based on today, we won't have to wait long for their 2nd visit to Spotland. Pearce will be long gone by then.

Agree with most of that.

Fabulous performance today with every player putting in a cracking effort. Recently, I've pin pointed Rafferty as our weak link but today, he had his best performance of the season by a distance.

Rhys Bennett was incredible in midfield, bossed the game and dictated our tempo. Easily his best ever performance from us and I'd say the same for Ashley Eastham. He was an absolute man mountain today at the back, stunning defensive display.

Jamie Allen and Callum Camps were superb in midfield. Camps showing what the fuss was about a couple of years ago and why many pin-pointed him as the star of that youth team that Allen, Tanser and Logan came from. He looked comfortable on the ball and linked up really well with the wide men. As for Allen, well, he was as good as we all expect now, he should start every game he's fit to start. Reminds me so much of watching Paul Scholes at United. Style of play is practically identical.

A real gamble by Hill but one that paid off massively and what an achievement it is to have beaten a club like Nottingham Forest with 6 our of our squad came directly through our youth system.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Proud of them lads today on 20:12 - Jan 3 with 2408 viewsR_AFC

Thought the youth team lads were quality today and stepped up when needed. Would like to see Camps getting in the starting 11 more often. Not seen much of a mention for Joe Raffety on here, thought he had an exceptional game and one of the best I've seen him play. Keep the same team for the next game and don't make big changes to a winning side please!

Up the dale!
Poll: Who would you want to see in net against Barnsley?

Proud of them lads today on 20:16 - Jan 3 with 2374 viewsR17ALE

Proud of them lads today on 20:05 - Jan 3 by ChaffRAFC

Agree with most of that.

Fabulous performance today with every player putting in a cracking effort. Recently, I've pin pointed Rafferty as our weak link but today, he had his best performance of the season by a distance.

Rhys Bennett was incredible in midfield, bossed the game and dictated our tempo. Easily his best ever performance from us and I'd say the same for Ashley Eastham. He was an absolute man mountain today at the back, stunning defensive display.

Jamie Allen and Callum Camps were superb in midfield. Camps showing what the fuss was about a couple of years ago and why many pin-pointed him as the star of that youth team that Allen, Tanser and Logan came from. He looked comfortable on the ball and linked up really well with the wide men. As for Allen, well, he was as good as we all expect now, he should start every game he's fit to start. Reminds me so much of watching Paul Scholes at United. Style of play is practically identical.

A real gamble by Hill but one that paid off massively and what an achievement it is to have beaten a club like Nottingham Forest with 6 our of our squad came directly through our youth system.

Aye, it's fantastic to see so many home grown players rise to this occasion..

I think Camps showed Bastien how to play the midfield role that Hilly requires, and I fear Bastien may have slipped a further place down the pecking order today.

Agree with Raff and Rhys.

Also, I would add that the players who are rumoured to be sold in January all added an extra 0 to their value today, and the watching scouts will have gone home with reams of notes on other youngsters.

The Forest scout who will have been in the stand v Fleetwood must be feeling a bit miffed right now, as Hilly's tactical masterplan completely undermined his post Fleetwood report which probably said, "nowt to beat!"

In the light of this team's achievements, I just hope we can keep hold of everyone until May. These kids will have far better careers if they get 100 apps before moving on.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2015 20:17]

Proud of them lads today on 20:21 - Jan 3 with 2313 viewsArthurDaley

Proud of them lads today on 20:16 - Jan 3 by R17ALE

I think Camps showed Bastien how to play the midfield role that Hilly requires, and I fear Bastien may have slipped a further place down the pecking order today.

Also, I would add that the players who are rumoured to be sold in January all added an extra 0 to their value today, and the watching scouts will have gone home with reams of notes on other youngsters.

The Forest scout who will have been in the stand v Fleetwood must be feeling a bit miffed right now, as Hilly's tactical masterplan completely undermined his post Fleetwood report which probably said, "nowt to beat!"

In the light of this team's achievements, I just hope we can keep hold of everyone until May. These kids will have far better careers if they get 100 apps before moving on.

Well he certainly didn't say at, corners put the ball to the far post. After the trouble we have defending corners, and all the corners Forest had we defended brilliantly.
Mind you they put some bloody bad corners over.

A large VAT Dave

Proud of them lads today on 20:24 - Jan 3 with 2288 viewsR17ALE

Proud of them lads today on 20:21 - Jan 3 by ArthurDaley

Well he certainly didn't say at, corners put the ball to the far post. After the trouble we have defending corners, and all the corners Forest had we defended brilliantly.
Mind you they put some bloody bad corners over.

Aye. I thought Forest's delivery from set pieces was non-league standard today. 20 corners to our 2, and I can't think of one that led to a chance on goal.

Their free kicks were rubbish too.

Proud of them lads today on 20:33 - Jan 3 with 2229 viewsSwissdale

Can anyone else remember when Keith Hill didn't do cup runs? Great result today, forget how bad forest were, to be in the 4th round for a second consecutive season is a fantastic achievement. Not to mention the fsct it could put us in the driving seat financially coming into the dreaded

Onto the game. Not wanting to put a downer on everyone, but I didn't think we were that good. I too was gobsmacked by the starting lineup, but Camps and Logan were amongst the best players on the pitch today. Paradoxical to others' opinion on here, I actually thought that Allen and Tanser's performances were below their usual high standards. Not saying they were terrible, but both have been much better for us. Rhys was excellent today, really bloody good. Won a lot in the air and tracked their midfield all afternoon.

Can't beleive nobody has mentioned the two chances we missed! Fair enough it doesn't matter now but the misses of Vincenti and Allen were unbelievable!

Well done dale, please please please lets have a plum tie in the 4th round!
Proud of them lads today on 20:35 - Jan 3 with 2213 views442Dale

Proud of them lads today on 20:16 - Jan 3 by R17ALE

Camps was very good today, his decision making was much better than at any other time he's played. It was a very mature performance. The thing with Hery is that he's usually been employed as one of a deeper two in midfield with another midfielder ahead of them.

Bennett's always had it in his game to be an excellent sitting midfielder, it allows us to just have one there and two ahead, and I think we'd see a lot more from Hery with that protection behind him. Camps certainly benefitted from it today.

At home, we have looked a much better team this season with two "ball players" in midfield. When any two of Lund, Dawson, Bennett and Rose have been there we haven't shifted the ball as efficiently and effectively. Allen, who is THE crucial player in our side, thrives when he's got a similar type of midfielder alongside him who makes angles for passes and can spot those balls too.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Proud of them lads today on 20:45 - Jan 3 with 2143 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Proud of them lads today on 20:35 - Jan 3 by 442Dale

Camps was very good today, his decision making was much better than at any other time he's played. It was a very mature performance. The thing with Hery is that he's usually been employed as one of a deeper two in midfield with another midfielder ahead of them.

Bennett's always had it in his game to be an excellent sitting midfielder, it allows us to just have one there and two ahead, and I think we'd see a lot more from Hery with that protection behind him. Camps certainly benefitted from it today.

At home, we have looked a much better team this season with two "ball players" in midfield. When any two of Lund, Dawson, Bennett and Rose have been there we haven't shifted the ball as efficiently and effectively. Allen, who is THE crucial player in our side, thrives when he's got a similar type of midfielder alongside him who makes angles for passes and can spot those balls too.

He was superb. I don't think I've seen anyone so young dictate play so much on his debut. Just wanted the ball all the time and turned it over so quickly. Brilliant. Still, Hilly is such an ogre of a man. I'd like Chris Akabusi as manager.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Proud of them lads today on 20:45 - Jan 3 with 2129 viewsTalkingSutty

Proud of them lads today on 20:33 - Jan 3 by Swissdale

Can anyone else remember when Keith Hill didn't do cup runs? Great result today, forget how bad forest were, to be in the 4th round for a second consecutive season is a fantastic achievement. Not to mention the fsct it could put us in the driving seat financially coming into the dreaded

Onto the game. Not wanting to put a downer on everyone, but I didn't think we were that good. I too was gobsmacked by the starting lineup, but Camps and Logan were amongst the best players on the pitch today. Paradoxical to others' opinion on here, I actually thought that Allen and Tanser's performances were below their usual high standards. Not saying they were terrible, but both have been much better for us. Rhys was excellent today, really bloody good. Won a lot in the air and tracked their midfield all afternoon.

Can't beleive nobody has mentioned the two chances we missed! Fair enough it doesn't matter now but the misses of Vincenti and Allen were unbelievable!

Well done dale, please please please lets have a plum tie in the 4th round!

I thought those misses would come back to haunt us they were sitters. My man of the match was Eastham today and he would probably be up with Matt Done as one of our most consistent performers this season, chuffed for him.
Proud of them lads today on 20:55 - Jan 3 with 2082 viewsisitme

I have given Rafferty some stick for his performances recently but all credit to him as he had an excellent game against a very difficult opponent. Bennett was immense and covered the space in front of the back four well.

Eastham made some tremendous blocks today. I did think the Vincenti and Done/Allen chances would come back to haunt us but we defended well for the most part and stopped giving away stupid free kicks!

Credit to Camps and Logan who came in from the cold and put in good shifts.
Proud of them lads today on 20:55 - Jan 3 with 2077 viewsroccydaleian

Proud of them lads today on 20:45 - Jan 3 by TalkingSutty

I thought those misses would come back to haunt us they were sitters. My man of the match was Eastham today and he would probably be up with Matt Done as one of our most consistent performers this season, chuffed for him.

Eastham was superb today, but all us Wrighty's thought Bennett correctly got the mom. Big massive applauds for the other young lads who stepped in. Some team in the future their.
Proud of them lads today on 21:06 - Jan 3 with 2005 viewsTalkingSutty

Proud of them lads today on 20:55 - Jan 3 by roccydaleian

Eastham was superb today, but all us Wrighty's thought Bennett correctly got the mom. Big massive applauds for the other young lads who stepped in. Some team in the future their.

Can't really argue with that, best defensive performance of the season, even more so when you remember there was no Jack O'Connell.
Proud of them lads today on 21:33 - Jan 3 with 1922 views49thseason

Eastham is becoming a very accomplished defender in the "old fashioned centre half" tradition, strong, brave, good header, decent passer. organised and only 23 . Another good job by the Rochdale coaching staff.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024