Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man United bully fans into attending FA cup replay... magic of cup and all that 20:01 - Feb 1 with 3363 viewsjustanillusion

Over the weekend saw article about Manchester Uniteds treatment of their season ticket holders, telling them to shell out £50 for the FA cup replay against Cambridge our be suspended from attending their next Premier League fixture ! see link (comments at end of article interesting to read)

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/fa-cup-manchester-united-forcing-fans-spend-

Any United sympathisers on this forum got a viewpoint ?
Man United bully fans into attending FA cup replay... magic of cup and all that on 20:05 - Feb 1 with 3344 viewsSuddenLad

Been common practice at OT and other clubs for can long time. Buy tickets for match A or you can't have tickets for match B.

Blackmail and a lousy way to treat supporters whongenuinely may not be able to afford both, or may be unavailable for other reasons.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Man United bully fans into attending FA cup replay... magic of cup and all that on 20:08 - Feb 1 with 3335 views442Dale

Not sure why United are getting the blame, don't other clubs run similar schemes?

" In fairness to United the condition is made clear when a fan is granted a season ticket in the first place, and the policy has been consistently applied in previous seasons as we reported last year."

This bit says it all:
"But many have baulked at the idea of shelling out £50 or more on a match against a lower league side which is both televised, and likely to end - as most replays do - in a one-sided victory for the top flight side."

Surely United fans would welcome the chance of seeing a one-sided victory for once?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Man United bully fans into attending FA cup replay... magic of cup and all that on 20:14 - Feb 1 with 3314 viewsR17ALE

I find it a bit depressing really. It's yet another poor do from a football club who don't appear to care for the paying customer.

I find us not having on-line ticketing depressing for the same reason.

I find having to go to Spotland to buy early bird tickets for practically every away game depressing.

I find it depressing that games away at Sheffield United and Bristol City and Oldham are all ticket, and then in the run up to the match it's pay on the day after 100's of Dale fans have taken the time to visit our ticket office to purchase.

In fact, I find the inflexible manner with which football generally treats ordinary paying members of the public extremely depressing.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Man United bully fans into attending FA cup replay... magic of cup and all that on 20:17 - Feb 1 with 3292 viewstazzydjr

It's bad customer service wonder how many of them have been suspended, having a st at OT is like signing a contract with the Devil such an evil place

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Man United bully fans into attending FA cup replay... magic of cup and all that on 21:00 - Feb 1 with 3218 viewsjustanillusion

The fact United ('the fourth richest club in the world' according to a survey last week) insist on charging £50 for fans to attend the replay, whilst cross-town rivals City reduced prices for their home FA cup match against Middlesborough to £15 Adults and £5 kids exposes the greed of united, I struggle to understand how fans can buy (pardon the pun) into this supporter/club relationship whilst having their loyalty screwed!
Man United bully fans into attending FA cup replay... magic of cup and all that on 21:06 - Feb 1 with 3196 viewsTVOS1907

Man United bully fans into attending FA cup replay... magic of cup and all that on 21:00 - Feb 1 by justanillusion

The fact United ('the fourth richest club in the world' according to a survey last week) insist on charging £50 for fans to attend the replay, whilst cross-town rivals City reduced prices for their home FA cup match against Middlesborough to £15 Adults and £5 kids exposes the greed of united, I struggle to understand how fans can buy (pardon the pun) into this supporter/club relationship whilst having their loyalty screwed!

Cambridge and Middlesbrough will have had some say in those prices.

Maybe Cambridge want even more toilets.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Man United bully fans into attending FA cup replay... magic of cup and all that on 21:45 - Feb 1 with 3124 viewsRAFCBLUE

How many of us would have been complaining if we were in Cambridge's shoes? Normal league prices would have been agreed at the outset; this situation would have happened had the first tie been at Old Trafford.

Manchester United are happy to have season ticket holders who want to come to games - opposition are irrelevant; they are oversubscribed for season tickets which are lucrative tickets even in their current predicament.

Very little sympathy I'm afraid which is why I don't support United. But most will stump up

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Man United bully fans into attending FA cup replay... magic of cup and all that on 21:55 - Feb 1 with 3091 viewsmacro

One match suspension for season ticket holders if they don't by a ticket. Ridiculous in my opinion. They've a huge fanbase I'm sure they could sell some tickets without these bully boy tactics.
Login to get fewer ads

Man United bully fans into attending FA cup replay... magic of cup and all that on 22:02 - Feb 1 with 3082 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Man United bully fans into attending FA cup replay... magic of cup and all that on 21:55 - Feb 1 by macro

One match suspension for season ticket holders if they don't by a ticket. Ridiculous in my opinion. They've a huge fanbase I'm sure they could sell some tickets without these bully boy tactics.

Is this in the T&Cs of their season ticket purchase? If so, more fool them for agreeing to it in the first place.
Man United bully fans into attending FA cup replay... magic of cup and all that on 22:37 - Feb 1 with 3020 viewsnordenblue

A friend of mine travels home and away with them and has for years, apparently hes "allowed" to miss 3 away games a season before he loses his priority status for future tickets and inturn could drop down the order for his current seating position too!
This is the same fan thats recently travelled away to both Yeovil and Cambridge for meaningless FA Cup games on the grand scheme of things for a club that size.
Man United bully fans into attending FA cup replay... magic of cup and all that on 22:56 - Feb 1 with 2994 viewsR17ALE

Man United bully fans into attending FA cup replay... magic of cup and all that on 22:37 - Feb 1 by nordenblue

A friend of mine travels home and away with them and has for years, apparently hes "allowed" to miss 3 away games a season before he loses his priority status for future tickets and inturn could drop down the order for his current seating position too!
This is the same fan thats recently travelled away to both Yeovil and Cambridge for meaningless FA Cup games on the grand scheme of things for a club that size.

Aye, but he'll have enjoyed his trips to Yeovil and Cambridge far more than his trips to Chelsea and Villa.

Can this be added to our badge?

Sometimes folk need reminding that Dale is a better option.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Man United bully fans into attending FA cup replay... magic of cup and all that on 23:49 - Feb 1 with 2913 viewsTommoRAFC

Man United bully fans into attending FA cup replay... magic of cup and all that on 22:56 - Feb 1 by R17ALE

Aye, but he'll have enjoyed his trips to Yeovil and Cambridge far more than his trips to Chelsea and Villa.

Can this be added to our badge?

Sometimes folk need reminding that Dale is a better option.

It's not only United, City are implementing similar schemes and bumping up ticket prices every season too.

Whereas ours have remained the same for another season, if we had decent advertising we could really take advantage of this situation, but we're flogging a dead horse on that one.

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Man United bully fans into attending FA cup replay... magic of cup and all that on 01:40 - Feb 2 with 2847 viewspioneer

City have loads of tickets left for the barcelona game but are selling them through Viagogo site with the requirement that you must join their membershipa scheme.

existing members have already had the oportunity to buy tickets so now they are requiring Joe Public to pay 50 quid for the game ticket plus 35 quid for the membership to allow them to buy the ticket...85 quid to go to the game.
Man United bully fans into attending FA cup replay... magic of cup and all that on 03:12 - Feb 2 with 2829 viewsDiddyDave

Man United bully fans into attending FA cup replay... magic of cup and all that on 01:40 - Feb 2 by pioneer

City have loads of tickets left for the barcelona game but are selling them through Viagogo site with the requirement that you must join their membershipa scheme.

existing members have already had the oportunity to buy tickets so now they are requiring Joe Public to pay 50 quid for the game ticket plus 35 quid for the membership to allow them to buy the ticket...85 quid to go to the game.

You know what they say; "Never give a sucker an even break"!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024