Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Am I the only one worried? 17:00 - Feb 14 with 9992 viewsReedy

I don't wish to be negative, however some things that have happened in the last couple of weeks are really baffling me.
I can understand the sale of Done, if he would like to leave and get a huge pay rise in doing so, there is no way we should stand in his way. He's already paying back the alleged huge transfer fee.
Going 3-0 down at Walsall, Bunney going to left back, after having not played for ages - going 3-0 down before we even started to look interested.
Today at Peterborough, the line-up is slightly strange to say the least, compounded by the fact we had to play the remaining minutes with 10 men after Andrew went off injured - thoroughly avoidable if we played the correct team from the start.
Ian Henderson, don't get me wrong, he's a good player - but I can't remember the last time he played well, or looked remotely interested. I think he needs to be taken out for a couple of weeks, regain something that has gone awry.
I believe in this side, but in one week, we've gone from talking about making the play-offs (which was always a step too far in my opinion) to looking over our shoulder at the teams below us.
The fixtures we have coming up are tough, so tough I except no points in February - due to the league being incredibly close, we could quickly end up being involved in a relegation fight.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2015 17:01]

Blog: The FA Cup

Am I the only one worried? on 22:20 - Feb 14 with 2929 viewscupardale

Am I the only one worried? on 22:16 - Feb 14 by cupardale

Not in the least bit worried. We're in a competitive league, we have the smallest budget and home crowds. We were punching above our weight and are probably finding our level. I'd be far more concerned if we couldn't find the net....
Our current blip is just that. If we'd won today or last week we'd be a good few places higher and would this thread exist if that was the case?
We need to keep the head as a club and fans. It would be great to mount a play off push. Loads of teams in and around the same points, loads of points to play for. Enjoy the ride! It's hard being an exiled fan who gets to 2 or 3 games a season reading these threads. So pessimistic, no need. Get behind the lads as I will do on Saturday for my first league game this season......

We'd be 9th and 2 points off the play offs with a win from our last 2. Chill out!
Am I the only one worried? on 22:54 - Feb 14 with 2888 viewsbennersdale

Am I the only one worried? on 20:59 - Feb 14 by DomDale

This forum does make me laugh. Constructive criticism offered by those at the game down voted by those absent. Same theme every week.

We were dog shit today thanks to Keith's bizarre selections. Peterborough were nowt special but we couldn't do anything. I hope we get a result vs chesterfield, of course, but I cannot see it happening. They looked far better than us earlier in the season when we had a stronger squad. I cannot see us getting a point from in-form sheffield United or top of the league brizzle city. 0 points from the next three ( all games this month) will leave us reyt in the shit.

At last a realist, I'm thinking the sale of done wasn't welcomed by hill. Look at the downright bizarre team sections since done left us.

Hasta el valle abajo de la cerveza

Am I the only one worried? on 22:57 - Feb 14 with 2879 viewsbennersdale

Am I the only one worried? on 22:20 - Feb 14 by cupardale

We'd be 9th and 2 points off the play offs with a win from our last 2. Chill out!

Let's sell our best player when we have the only chance to progress into the second tier, we are only a small club we don't belong amongst those up there.......have a word with your self and have some ambition

Hasta el valle abajo de la cerveza

Am I the only one worried? on 22:57 - Feb 14 with 2876 viewsJimmyRustler

Am I the only one worried? on 22:20 - Feb 14 by cupardale

This is the stuff that winds me up.

There hasn't been a modicum of positivity to come out of our last few performances or results.

ATM we are playing like a bottom 4 team. 3-0 down in no time on Tuesday and 2 down today after 7 minutes.

I'm sorry but which part of that gives you any reason to be optimistic?

We've lost our top goalscorer and only outlet up front. Our defence is shite and our keeper is dodgey. Our manager has lost the plot and played a young lad today at LB who has NEVER played there before and was blown over last year whilst warming up because someone sneezed whilst going to buy a black coffee at the kiosk.

We've been getting absolutely dicked all over the pitch in recent games. What makes you think we're capable of winning the fixtures we have coming up? (against some very good sides might I add).
[Post edited 14 Feb 2015 23:08]
Am I the only one worried? on 23:52 - Feb 14 with 2816 viewsdalenumber2

Shout me down if you like but in the back of my mind I keep wondering if Hill was getting a bit scared of us doing so well and potentially getting in a promotion battle . I keep thinking that he somehow doesn't want to peak too soon and is now back pedalling a little in order to get us into a more realistic position in the league table. Why else would he be making such weird team selections - putting Bunney as left back does seem to be a bit of a joke after all. But who knows how his mind is working. I feel sorry for the travelling fans as they deserve to see the best team selection which is fit for purpose and it seems for the last couple of games that this has not been the case.
Am I the only one worried? on 00:32 - Feb 15 with 2773 viewsJimmyRustler

PS Kit Symons is a dead ringer for Keith Hill
Am I the only one worried? on 00:46 - Feb 15 with 2763 viewsShun

I'm not particularly worried. There's a grey (just one shade) cloud hanging over the club at the moment due to a few things - selling our top scorer to a play-off rival, strange team selections, the farce of the Leyton Orient postponement, three games (four if you include Stoke) sans a win. But I still believe we're having a good season and I think come May I'll still think that.
Am I the only one worried? on 01:04 - Feb 15 with 2746 viewstazzydjr

Reedy my heart beats for this club but we haven't done our usual replace like for like it felt like no offense to the king like Coleman had returned!! No disrespect is intended but today were almost perfect (If Rochdale won it had of been), the side look a shadow of themselves since Done went to the Blades if we'd beat Stoke City would we had him till end of season then a twice as much bid in by joe blogg big balls fc ah well we'll never know! I'm with reedy on this one The Mighty Dale is in cardiac arrest and needs to be revived

IN HILLY I BELIEVE

SORT IT ROCHDALE

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Login to get fewer ads

Am I the only one worried? on 01:17 - Feb 15 with 2739 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Am I the only one worried? on 01:04 - Feb 15 by tazzydjr

Reedy my heart beats for this club but we haven't done our usual replace like for like it felt like no offense to the king like Coleman had returned!! No disrespect is intended but today were almost perfect (If Rochdale won it had of been), the side look a shadow of themselves since Done went to the Blades if we'd beat Stoke City would we had him till end of season then a twice as much bid in by joe blogg big balls fc ah well we'll never know! I'm with reedy on this one The Mighty Dale is in cardiac arrest and needs to be revived

IN HILLY I BELIEVE

SORT IT ROCHDALE

No Tazzy - He would have been sold anyway regardless as "The player wanted to leave"

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Am I the only one worried? on 01:37 - Feb 15 with 2725 viewsBlueMessiah

Am I the only one worried? on 01:17 - Feb 15 by Thacks_Rabbits

No Tazzy - He would have been sold anyway regardless as "The player wanted to leave"

That's right. The player "wanted to leave" once a fee had been agreed which both the club and manager were happy with, at which point they also "wanted him to leave", despite us not needing to sell, supposedly.

The same thing happened when Hogan was "sold" to Peterborough, the club and manager had agreed a fee and hoped the player would also "want to leave" but unfortunately for them he didn't and had to scupper the move himself.

You won't find Keith Hill standing in any players way who "wants to progress" these days, unlike in his previous spell when he threw his toys out of the pram when a player was sold. Funny that.

Poll: Do I Know You?

Am I the only one worried? on 06:53 - Feb 15 with 2667 viewscupardale

Am I the only one worried? on 22:57 - Feb 14 by JimmyRustler

This is the stuff that winds me up.

There hasn't been a modicum of positivity to come out of our last few performances or results.

ATM we are playing like a bottom 4 team. 3-0 down in no time on Tuesday and 2 down today after 7 minutes.

I'm sorry but which part of that gives you any reason to be optimistic?

We've lost our top goalscorer and only outlet up front. Our defence is shite and our keeper is dodgey. Our manager has lost the plot and played a young lad today at LB who has NEVER played there before and was blown over last year whilst warming up because someone sneezed whilst going to buy a black coffee at the kiosk.

We've been getting absolutely dicked all over the pitch in recent games. What makes you think we're capable of winning the fixtures we have coming up? (against some very good sides might I add).
[Post edited 14 Feb 2015 23:08]

I'm optimistic because when we got promoted (unexpectedly!) Last season, I would have thought we'd have been in Leyton Orient's position now but we're not. I just don't see the point in being overly pessimistic. Admittedly I rely on this forum and my old man and the club twitter feed for my match reports so fair enough, I can't judge first hand the minutiae of our current performances but I'd like to think I see the bigger picture. Apart from Done it is the same squad that got us flying early doors this season so surely we should trust Hilly and the players that a couple of bad results are just that. I'm confident that we can still finish top half, which in my opinion would still be tremendous. There is no lack of ambition on my part especially given that my expectation for this season was to finish 5th bottom or better. No one could've expected we'd mount a play off challenge. Of course I HOPED we would. I still think there are far more reasons to be positive than some of the depressing folk on here. There are things that need sorted out with the team based on the last 2 performances but let Hilly get on with it. We can all manage from our armchairs, Hilly will have his reasons for selecting the teams he does. Conrad Logan got injured, Done was sold. Get over it and move on. Hilly trusts in his squad and so should we and if he feels we need to strengthen with loans I'm sure he's constantly working on it.
Am I the only one worried? on 10:36 - Feb 15 with 2591 viewsaleanddale

Am I the only one worried? on 17:53 - Feb 14 by Yorkshire_Dale

Not massively worried...YET

What does add to the gloom is that utter cock-up loosing the chance to play a winnable Orient last Saturday!

It's just added to the pressure.....we are really really tinpot.

Last Saturday not playing looks a shocker now!

Also not worried - think we can bounce back and get a win and a draw in the next 3 games.
Am I the only one worried? on 14:28 - Feb 15 with 2522 viewswimborne_dale

We're not going down. I honestly believe that while KH stays with us, we won't be going down. For sure we get some ups and downs under Keith whereas with other managers we just get the downs without the ups.

PS What's wrong with Rose at LB? He was good at Swindon.

Edgar Allan's Crow

Am I the only one worried? on 14:54 - Feb 15 with 2488 viewsRAFCBLUE

Completely agree with that.

We need 4 wins from 18 to get to 50 points; that is always the aim of this club and will be achieved this season.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Am I the only one worried? on 20:20 - Feb 15 with 2345 viewsCedar_Room

"Any Rochdale supporter that had any expectations other than to establish ourselves as a League 1 club needs their head testing"

I don't think I had any expectations of us finishing anywhere in the top half, given that I felt we had got promoted a bit early in the squads development. But how about the idea of playing the hand you are dealt?? How about assessing the season so far, the position we find ourselves and think 'this might never happen again'. We've seen in L2 year after year it's always different. Some years the league is utter shit and you can get promoted on a crap points total. Some years the league is strong and you need 90 points to go up. What if this year L1 is just crap and we had the chance to go up?? Why plan for next year when next year may be much tougher?? Why not back the players, have FAITH in the team that got us into the top 6 (remember the clubs Keep The Faith slogan bandied around so much?). So let's NOT sell our leading goal scorer to a direct rival WHO WE WOULD BE PLAYING IN A FEW WEEKS, in fact lets even do something outrageous - get someone in who can improve the team!! Use some of the unexpected cup run money that we won't have budgeted for and fookin have a crack! If it didn't work the club wouldn't have bankrupted itself. It would still be in L1 and can continue its progress on and off the field. But maybe, with a bit of good luck, we could have done something unimaginable. Instead - we have the same old frightened of ambition board who snatch the hand off of anyone waving a few quid in their face. We didn't need to sell so to do so, when we did and to who we did, with everything poised the way it was - is absolute utter bollox.

I still think we're far too good to go down and yes that would have been all I asked for at the start of the season but how about capitalising on some good fortune and giving us long suffering bastards something outrageous to dream about?? How about for once making a small calculated gamble and seeing what happens??
Am I the only one worried? on 20:34 - Feb 15 with 2281 viewsmidlandsdale

Am I the only one worried? on 20:59 - Feb 14 by DomDale

This forum does make me laugh. Constructive criticism offered by those at the game down voted by those absent. Same theme every week.

We were dog shit today thanks to Keith's bizarre selections. Peterborough were nowt special but we couldn't do anything. I hope we get a result vs chesterfield, of course, but I cannot see it happening. They looked far better than us earlier in the season when we had a stronger squad. I cannot see us getting a point from in-form sheffield United or top of the league brizzle city. 0 points from the next three ( all games this month) will leave us reyt in the shit.

You make me laugh, get bloody real man! 2 promotions in 3 seasons, first in half a decade. We lose a good player, lose 2 games and you offer such great words of support. We are all entitled to our opinions, but I for one are glad your not giving the team talks!!!
Am I the only one worried? on 02:59 - Feb 16 with 2146 viewsjokerthief

Division 1 next season could yield lots of attractive games, if we can avoid relegation..
Losing from this division Bristol C, Swindon MK Dons, Yeovil Colchester Leyton Orient and Crawley..

Replaced with possible teams Rotherham-Blackpool-Wigan-Bury-etc.
Some great matches potential big gates Sheff Utd-Preston Bradford-Barnsley-Coventry-Doncaster-Oldham etc.

Guess the board will be looking at the potential of some big attendances.
Am I the only one worried? on 08:45 - Feb 16 with 2045 viewsaleanddale

Am I the only one worried? on 02:59 - Feb 16 by jokerthief

Division 1 next season could yield lots of attractive games, if we can avoid relegation..
Losing from this division Bristol C, Swindon MK Dons, Yeovil Colchester Leyton Orient and Crawley..

Replaced with possible teams Rotherham-Blackpool-Wigan-Bury-etc.
Some great matches potential big gates Sheff Utd-Preston Bradford-Barnsley-Coventry-Doncaster-Oldham etc.

Guess the board will be looking at the potential of some big attendances.

I predict a win and a draw in the next 3 games ( minimum )

Chesterfield Sheffield United Bristol City.

Up the Dale.
Am I the only one worried? on 10:05 - Feb 16 with 1995 viewsDaley_Lama

Not worried at all, nothing to worry about.

If we went down we would walk L2 next year.

Champions in The Feb before the season even starts? #obsessed.

Poll: DF in or out

Am I the only one worried? on 10:20 - Feb 16 with 1981 viewsdingdangblue

Am I the only one worried? on 08:45 - Feb 16 by aleanddale

I predict a win and a draw in the next 3 games ( minimum )

Chesterfield Sheffield United Bristol City.

Up the Dale.

I admire your confidence. If only our next 2 home games weren't against a team we haven't beat in the league since 2008 and a team who have beat us 5 out of 5 (and who have our top scorer returning playing for them)..........oh then Bristol City away.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Am I the only one worried? on 10:24 - Feb 16 with 1976 viewstazzydjr

Am I the only one worried? on 10:20 - Feb 16 by dingdangblue

I admire your confidence. If only our next 2 home games weren't against a team we haven't beat in the league since 2008 and a team who have beat us 5 out of 5 (and who have our top scorer returning playing for them)..........oh then Bristol City away.

I think we could shock Bristol City even without Done at Ashton Gate

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Am I the only one worried? on 10:31 - Feb 16 with 1967 viewsaleanddale

Am I the only one worried? on 10:24 - Feb 16 by tazzydjr

I think we could shock Bristol City even without Done at Ashton Gate

I think so too tazzy.

Should have beaten them at Spotland.

If we find our verve by then we will be ok.

Back to no fear please!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024