Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Josh lillis 18:32 - Feb 14 with 13146 viewsupthedale89

Now is it time for a new keeper or should he be punching them
In his own net ????
When he is in net we will always be weak at the back
Josh lillis on 19:33 - Feb 15 with 3625 viewsbatfink

Wonder if Hillys going to try Bunney in goal next week?
Josh lillis on 19:34 - Feb 15 with 3619 viewshxdale

Josh lillis on 19:33 - Feb 15 by batfink

Wonder if Hillys going to try Bunney in goal next week?

Might as well nothing to loose...
Josh lillis on 20:09 - Feb 15 with 3590 viewsbatfink

A poll would be interesting as there seems to be a lot that believe he's not good enough.
Josh lillis on 21:36 - Feb 15 with 3526 viewsnordenblue

Josh lillis on 09:23 - Feb 15 by SkiptonDale

The Posh goals haven't been uploaded yet, and neither have Walsall's to my surpise. They're usually on the clubs YouTube channel within 48 hours.

But for the other two games:
Coventry - First goal, unbelievable stop getting down at the lads feet and punching away, unfortunate it fell to another sky blue shirt. 2nd goal, their lad got past 3 or 4 of our defenders before placing a lovely shot that the vast majority keepers wouldn't have saved.

Stoke - Need I analyse Bojan's goal?! Ireland's goal was a tap in, so probably more a defensive error (if an error at all), and Walters was also a cock up by Tanser if I remember correctly. For Moses, Lillis covered the front post after Raff was turned inside out, but Moses finished superbly inside the far post.

So out of the 4 games you posted, 11 goals in total, where 6/6 were not Lillis' fault. I look forward to seeing the Walsall and Posh goals, and will hold my hand up if all 5 were Lillis' fault.

So if a defensive error proceeds a goal he accepts no responsibility for not actually making a save or getting near the final shot?
Coincidence we looked fairly solid as a back line with a different keeper in net and suddenly the same players look totally void of any belief and talent?
Keep analysing the goals,you shouldn't be short of highlights looking at the games we've got coming up
Josh lillis on 22:12 - Feb 15 with 3492 viewsdingdangblue

Josh lillis on 21:36 - Feb 15 by nordenblue

So if a defensive error proceeds a goal he accepts no responsibility for not actually making a save or getting near the final shot?
Coincidence we looked fairly solid as a back line with a different keeper in net and suddenly the same players look totally void of any belief and talent?
Keep analysing the goals,you shouldn't be short of highlights looking at the games we've got coming up

We've looked crap defending corners/freekicks all season - even with Logan in goal.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Josh lillis on 00:02 - Feb 16 with 3415 viewsbatfink

Josh lillis on 22:12 - Feb 15 by dingdangblue

We've looked crap defending corners/freekicks all season - even with Logan in goal.

Got to disagree with you. Logan commanded his area from set pieces (as well as being an excellent shot stopper), everyone knew what was expected of them and where they needed to be.. Lillis flaps at corners and crosses, some of his decisions can be baffling, instilling no confidence. The defence needs a keeper they trust to give them the confidence they need, that confidence then runs through to the rest of the team. Lillis should have learnt a lot from Logan when he was his No.2 but doesn't seem to have taken anything from it.The fact that KH kept with Logan when Lillis was fit speaks volumes. We need a keeper the team trust asap or I'm afraid this blip could turn into a battle for survival. I know Lillis was good for us at a lower level but sentimentality wont keep us in L1, and surely staying here is our priority now that MD has gone.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2015 0:17]
Josh lillis on 18:01 - Feb 21 with 3193 viewsdingdangblue

Josh lillis on 10:22 - Feb 15 by ParkinsGimp

Already mentioned it on another thread, this guy is a liability, we need another solid competent goalie. As stated above there must be a couple of decent reseves knocking about somewhere ready for a loan.

Tommy Lee?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Josh lillis on 18:39 - Feb 21 with 3120 viewsDaley_Lama

Josh lillis on 18:01 - Feb 21 by dingdangblue

Tommy Lee?

Je suis dingdangbleu.

Poll: DF in or out

Login to get fewer ads

Josh lillis on 21:57 - Feb 24 with 2932 viewsDaley_Lama

Josh est Tommy Lee tonight.

Absolute clanger and he/we all know it. The JOC goal makes it look even worse, even though Sheff U were far better than us in most departments.

Poll: DF in or out

Josh lillis on 22:11 - Feb 24 with 2797 viewsrochdale1987

I'd stick Diba in now, nothing to lose have we.
Josh lillis on 22:15 - Feb 24 with 2748 viewsirisaln

Josh lillis on 19:08 - Feb 15 by dingdangblue

Always a winner? More like a 'loser'.

Made another pile of cash tonight thanks to my pal Josh Lillis.

William Hills could well go into receivership after next Saturday !

Come on chaps, make the most of it whilst he's here. Ha! Ha!

No Ding dong, NOT A LOOSER.

A WINNER!
Josh lillis on 22:17 - Feb 24 with 2715 viewsdingdangblue

Josh lillis on 22:11 - Feb 24 by rochdale1987

Yeah because we always beat Sheff Utd. Lillis cocked up big time. Maybe cost us a point? Who knows had we equalised - would Sheff Utd have gone for the win instead of wasting time.

Josh lillis on 22:22 - Feb 24 with 2649 viewsrichfoad32

Josh lillis on 22:11 - Feb 24 by rochdale1987

Who knows, maybe Lillis's confidence is shot right now and he would benefit from a few games out. But he's hardly played much this season and it will undermine him further if he's dropped in favour of a kid. You want to throw in Diba against the runaway league leaders who'll probably be instructed to test him out by tossing in balls to 6"6 Matt Smith at every opportunity? I guess we'd find out what he's made of.
Josh lillis on 22:34 - Feb 24 with 2582 viewsnordenblue

Josh lillis on 22:17 - Feb 24 by dingdangblue

Yeah because we always beat Sheff Utd. Lillis cocked up big time. Maybe cost us a point? Who knows had we equalised - would Sheff Utd have gone for the win instead of wasting time.

Is your love child still not costing us points then or is the penny finally dropping hes a liability in net yet?
I particularly enjoyed his constant punts onto Brandys head that must be another of his training ground routines.
Lets all get behind him though eh?
Josh lillis on 22:49 - Feb 24 with 2526 viewsonedalefan

Josh lillis on 22:34 - Feb 24 by nordenblue

Is your love child still not costing us points then or is the penny finally dropping hes a liability in net yet?
I particularly enjoyed his constant punts onto Brandys head that must be another of his training ground routines.

Except Brandy never won any headers against a 6 foot centre half.
Josh lillis on 22:57 - Feb 24 with 2473 views442Dale

As poor as Lillis was tonight, and the point about the kicks is a valid one,I really don't understand why he's becoming the target of such sarcasm that's been seen on here and at the game. He's a good keeper whose own ability is called into question more by how good Logan was.

Tommy Lee was a very similar keeper who made mistakes but also great saves and is rightly remembered fondly by all Dale fans, he's since gone on to play 300 games in L1&2. Basically he's found his level, Lillis is the same.

Do I prefer Logan? Yes. But I preferred Heaton to Fielding. And Hahnemann to Gilks. We have to accept that although we might get a better keeper than Lillis, we might not as well. Until then, criticise yes,but let's remember Lillis has done well for us.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Josh lillis on 23:06 - Feb 24 with 2414 viewsdingdangblue

Josh lillis on 22:34 - Feb 24 by nordenblue

Your last sentence.

Josh lillis on 23:17 - Feb 24 with 2357 viewsnordenblue

Josh lillis on 23:06 - Feb 24 by dingdangblue

Your last sentence.

What about the previous 2 paragraphs, care to shed any light on them? Not to worry lets all clap and congratulate him still, he'll get some more practice on Saturday too by the look of things
Josh lillis on 23:21 - Feb 24 with 2330 viewsdingdangblue

Josh lillis on 23:17 - Feb 24 by nordenblue

What about the previous 2 paragraphs, care to shed any light on them? Not to worry lets all clap and congratulate him still, he'll get some more practice on Saturday too by the look of things

And so he should - with or without Lillis I expected nothing from the Sheff Utd / Bristol City games and said so last week.

Josh lillis on 23:28 - Feb 24 with 2297 viewsnordenblue

Josh lillis on 23:21 - Feb 24 by dingdangblue

And so he should - with or without Lillis I expected nothing from the Sheff Utd / Bristol City games and said so last week.

Thats fine then as long as you expect nothing its not a problem keep leaking soft goals to errors.To be honest he'd be more use wearing oven gloves
Josh lillis on 23:33 - Feb 24 with 2270 viewsKenBoon

Diba is supposed to be class - or class in the making. Would it be wise to throw him in goal against the League leaders on their own patch? I suspect if that backfired Hilly would be heavily criticised.
Josh lillis on 00:48 - Feb 25 with 2160 viewsSandyman

Unfortunately, the one major thing Lillis was called upon to deal with tonight (no stopping their first goal - wonderful strike) he ballsed up big time, costing us a point in the process. The nu back 4 look good, tonight JL let them down. He's done similar before, got over it and done some sterling work for us. An occasional one off calamity is bad, but nowhere near as bad as a Dickens loan spell. Stick with Josh for now IMHO.
Josh lillis on 01:10 - Feb 25 with 2140 viewstazzydjr

If only the dingles weren't so tight

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Josh lillis on 08:20 - Feb 25 with 1973 viewsaleanddale

yes Lillis is going through a tricky spell and could benefit from a confidence boost.

That could come from the terrace?

Norden Blue has made his mind up that much is obvious and will look to disect his whole performace picking up any mistake and shouting about it.

I honestly think it would be better to get behind the whole team ( Lillis included ) for the last 16 games.

If we end up with 19 more points and finish on 60 points it will have been a cracking first season back in league 1.

Hilly has a job on his hands and some tough decisions to make but his hands will be tied somewhat until the summer.
Josh lillis on 08:46 - Feb 25 with 1939 viewsnordenblue

Josh lillis on 08:20 - Feb 25 by aleanddale

yes Lillis is going through a tricky spell and could benefit from a confidence boost.

That could come from the terrace?

Norden Blue has made his mind up that much is obvious and will look to disect his whole performace picking up any mistake and shouting about it.

I honestly think it would be better to get behind the whole team ( Lillis included ) for the last 16 games.

If we end up with 19 more points and finish on 60 points it will have been a cracking first season back in league 1.

Hilly has a job on his hands and some tough decisions to make but his hands will be tied somewhat until the summer.

Not been shouting about anything but some things are blatantly obvious and one things for sure he's nowhere near upto league 1 football week in week out.
I have to question when people blindly support a player whoever it may be purely because hes playing in our coloured shirt for the particular season it gets laughable when the said player is so out of form its costing the team points and confidence
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024