Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Square pegs in round holes 16:59 - Mar 14 with 9425 viewsSwissdale

Disappointed today. Unsure as to why Keith hill thinks the best way to chase a game is with 7 defenders on the pitch, when we have attacking options like Hery and Lazarus on the bench.

Decent first half but each substitution made us further from scoring and ended up going out with a whimper.
Square pegs in round holes on 21:44 - Mar 15 with 2491 viewsJimmyRustler

There must be a striker or two in the youth team that's better than the current crop and ready for a promotion next season? I see they won again vs Morecambe...there must be some more real talent in that group. Probably the only cause for real excitement at the moment tbh
Square pegs in round holes on 21:49 - Mar 15 with 2479 viewsroccydaleian

Square pegs in round holes on 21:44 - Mar 15 by JimmyRustler

There must be a striker or two in the youth team that's better than the current crop and ready for a promotion next season? I see they won again vs Morecambe...there must be some more real talent in that group. Probably the only cause for real excitement at the moment tbh

Aye, cause this season has been horribly shite. Don't think I'll go again this season.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2015 21:50]
Square pegs in round holes on 21:54 - Mar 15 with 2474 viewsTVOS1907

Square pegs in round holes on 21:49 - Mar 15 by roccydaleian

Aye, cause this season has been horribly shite. Don't think I'll go again this season.

Erm....

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Square pegs in round holes on 22:14 - Mar 15 with 2440 viewsJimmyRustler

Square pegs in round holes on 21:49 - Mar 15 by roccydaleian

WTF are you drinking tonight?
Square pegs in round holes on 07:53 - Mar 16 with 2326 viewsisitme

Square pegs in round holes on 21:44 - Mar 15 by JimmyRustler

Nyal Bell is in the first team squad and has made a couple of substitute appearances. Dom Reid has scored a few goals, but not sure he has what it takes to make it as a professional footballer. In the admittedly few youth team games that I have seen Bell and Hasler-Cregg have looked the best two players from our current batch.
Square pegs in round holes on 09:20 - Mar 16 with 2287 viewsParkinsGimp

We do not have a decent League 1 standard forward at the club. His signings of RNL and Brandy as well as the clown that is Andrew are not good enough. Our youth players are not good enough, Bunney could do a job in Conference level , so there is no excuse for not bringing in a good forward.
Square pegs in round holes on 10:05 - Mar 16 with 2252 viewsisitme

Square pegs in round holes on 09:20 - Mar 16 by ParkinsGimp

We do not have a decent League 1 standard forward at the club. His signings of RNL and Brandy as well as the clown that is Andrew are not good enough. Our youth players are not good enough, Bunney could do a job in Conference level , so there is no excuse for not bringing in a good forward.

Although I agree that we are lacking in that area. I would disagree that their is no excuse for not bringing in a good forward.

A good forward will command wages possibly outside our budget. The clubs they play for wouldn't want them to leave if they were that good, or they would command a sizeable transfer fee, which we would not be able to pay. Hilly has stated that he has tried to bring in an experienced forward on loan but that clubs have been reluctant to loan them out.

Our good forwards of recent times have all been unknowns or reclaimation projects. I know it doesn't help now but who is to say that Hill may have some players lined up in the summer to strengthen in this area?
Square pegs in round holes on 11:14 - Mar 16 with 2214 viewsParkinsGimp

The striker would have to be on loan since we didnt bother at all in the transfer window, and we do have the money. Would of been nice to keep up the momentum, give the fans some hope and instill a bit of fight into the team. Not like Hill to give up.... Lets see how next few matches pan out and see if the attitude improves.
Login to get fewer ads

Square pegs in round holes on 20:00 - Mar 16 with 2103 viewsfinberty

Square pegs in round holes on 19:32 - Mar 15 by D_Alien

finberty's posted that before about Done, and last time round I put him right, just as you have. There's just no hope for some people.

On your second point - exactly, but the result didn't seem to matter to him, unlike those of us who spent time and money to watch his experiment.

No - not posted before on this.

'and last time round I put him right'

Him....???
[Post edited 16 Mar 2015 20:09]
Square pegs in round holes on 22:53 - Mar 16 with 2058 viewsD_Alien

Square pegs in round holes on 20:00 - Mar 16 by finberty

No - not posted before on this.

'and last time round I put him right'

Him....???
[Post edited 16 Mar 2015 20:09]

I could have posted "him, her, it" but it's just easier to post "him" or "he who has a crush on Angela Merkel"

The way you described Done's transition from fullback to forward was exactly how it was previously described. If it wasn't you then apologies.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Square pegs in round holes on 23:26 - Mar 16 with 2021 viewssweetcorn

Like the look of Nyal bell. Would definitley like to see him get more game time, especially if we are just waiting for next season now.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024