Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
International Happiness Day: Dale get a mention.... 08:10 - Mar 20 with 1658 viewsBamfordDale

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/31963832

International Happiness Day: Dale get a mention.... on 08:52 - Mar 20 with 1597 viewswimborne_dale

You beat me to it.
Happiness = low expectations.

What stood out for me was :-
"We all know this intuitively about sport - that the happiest fans are those with the lowest expectations," says Eric Simons, long-suffering watcher and author of The Secret Life of Sports Fans.

"If you are behind in a game and then equalise at the death, that makes you far happier than being ahead and then drawing, even though ultimately it produces the same result.

"The best way to be as a fan is to have the maximum emotional investment in a team but the least expectation of success, because that's what rules the dopamine release."

Edgar Allan's Crow

International Happiness Day: Dale get a mention.... on 09:17 - Mar 20 with 1566 viewsdingdangblue

Have bury won the F.A.Cup?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

International Happiness Day: Dale get a mention.... on 13:57 - Mar 20 with 1379 viewsD_Alien

"If your team has lost horribly, legitimise that emotion. Of course you're sad, because this is what it is to be human - to be angry and frustrated over inconsequential things"

This is why those who tell us to "get a life" or "look at the bigger scheme of things" when critical posts appear on here should just stfu.

We know, and we've got a life thanks. We're just being human.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

International Happiness Day: Dale get a mention.... on 13:59 - Mar 20 with 1377 views1mark1

International Happiness Day: Dale get a mention.... on 09:17 - Mar 20 by dingdangblue

Have bury won the F.A.Cup?

I must be a real glutton for punishment, as my real enjoyment times for watching The Dale, were in the 80's and 90's when we were really poor, but I enjoyed so many away days and weekends, mind you I was drunk most of the time.

Sometimes, I enjoy watching the Dale, but when you have dodgy decisions, and bad luck sometimes it it gets frustrating, and obviously when we are poor and you know we can do better, I don't enjoy it. The most enjoyable times are like when we beat Preston, when you don't expect a win-not saying I ever expect a Dale win, but like when we played Oldham, I expected a close game, but we were thrashed really, and that was the opposite of the Preston game.

A Dale win always makes things a lot rosier, but when we lose, crikey it puts a dampener on things.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024