Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC Radio Manchester 6pm 12:20 - Mar 30 with 19265 viewsdale18

Dunphy and Hilly are guests on the show tonight could be entertaining after Hilly's comments on Saturday.
BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:01 - Mar 30 with 2782 viewsnordenblue

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 20:16 - Mar 30 by CamdenDale

Understand that. My angle is, given the budget will never really change and consolidation is a mirage, is go for it, smash and grab, play the youngsters, go for glory and come back down relatively unscathed. What's to lose Norden?

Plenty according to certain people,why would Hilly and co not be stamping up and down and shouting from the rooftops in disgust following the sale of our star asset for peanuts( relatively speaking) as in previous seasons when the clubs currently more stable than its EVER been?
The budget will/would grossly change as many current players salaries would increase purely based on a promotion not to mention wages given out to "attract" new players
BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:09 - Mar 30 with 2747 viewssweetcorn

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:01 - Mar 30 by nordenblue

Plenty according to certain people,why would Hilly and co not be stamping up and down and shouting from the rooftops in disgust following the sale of our star asset for peanuts( relatively speaking) as in previous seasons when the clubs currently more stable than its EVER been?
The budget will/would grossly change as many current players salaries would increase purely based on a promotion not to mention wages given out to "attract" new players

Perhaps because Hill doesn't think losing Done is that big a deal and made sense for the club to take the money because he believed we can cope without him.

I'd say his decision has been vindicated with our recent rise back to the play-offs.

This argument about not replacing done worked tremendously well when we fell down the league into the bottom half, not so much now.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:16 - Mar 30 with 2712 viewsThacks_Rabbits

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:09 - Mar 30 by sweetcorn

Perhaps because Hill doesn't think losing Done is that big a deal and made sense for the club to take the money because he believed we can cope without him.

I'd say his decision has been vindicated with our recent rise back to the play-offs.

This argument about not replacing done worked tremendously well when we fell down the league into the bottom half, not so much now.

I still think we are totally lightweight up front. PV injured and Hendo off form we basically dont have a striker (odd one off JB and CA) but we did not sign one deadline or loan day so we have to make do with what we have now.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:17 - Mar 30 with 2703 viewsR17ALE

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:01 - Mar 30 by nordenblue

Done wasn't sold for peanuts!

I have it on very good authority, we got £500,000 deposit with add ons which would more than double that amount.

And the deal sets up Done for life.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:30 - Mar 30 with 2633 viewsnordenblue

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:09 - Mar 30 by sweetcorn

Why would he think its a big deal with the expectations of a club/most fans being over the moon with just existing in league 1 add to that the personal gains following the sale,it made perfect sense to sell.
Teams with any idea of achieving things generally dont let their star player go without putting up much of a fight or only do business for ridiculous money,we did neither.

Id say our current rise back to the fringes is purely coincidental linked to some bang average teams we've played in a short period of time tbf
BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:35 - Mar 30 with 2618 viewsSuddenLad

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:17 - Mar 30 by R17ALE

I have it on very good authority, we got £500,000 deposit with add ons which would more than double that amount.

Good deal for all parties, no question.

As KH pointed out tonight, we scored more goals when Matt Done wasn't playing, than when he was in the team.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:36 - Mar 30 with 2612 viewsnordenblue

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:17 - Mar 30 by R17ALE

Relative peanuts if you factor in a crack at a potential playoffs/ promotion?
There wasn't many other teams in the top 6/7 selling their striker bang in form for 500k and replace them with Brandy or a RNL type squad filler
BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:40 - Mar 30 with 2587 viewsnordenblue

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:16 - Mar 30 by Thacks_Rabbits

I still think we are totally lightweight up front. PV injured and Hendo off form we basically dont have a striker (odd one off JB and CA) but we did not sign one deadline or loan day so we have to make do with what we have now.

And people think a club gunning for the unthinkable would happily go with that as an option,we are lucky Hendo has hit some form too or that dropping like a stone would have continued for a while longer
Login to get fewer ads

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:40 - Mar 30 with 2581 viewsThacks_Rabbits

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:36 - Mar 30 by nordenblue

There wasn't many other teams in the top 6/7 selling their striker bang in form for 500k and replace them with Brandy or a RNL type squad filler

In fairness few questioned the sale ever - just the lack of a replacement now we have 1 wage left and loads of cash in the bank from the sale.

Can't do the whole RMR thing again but surely with the contacts we have a proven striker from Champs on loan was a must do not a can't do!

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:41 - Mar 30 with 2574 views442Dale

I can see relevance when comparing Done to the players we have in the squad, but in reality would any of us expect to be doing any better if Done had remained?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:41 - Mar 30 with 2577 viewsTVOS1907

Chesterfield, who replaced Doyle with nobody.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:44 - Mar 30 with 2556 viewsKenBoon

Listening now. Clearly no real ambition for promotion. It's such a shame.
BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:46 - Mar 30 with 2544 viewssweetcorn

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:30 - Mar 30 by nordenblue

Why would he think its a big deal with the expectations of a club/most fans being over the moon with just existing in league 1 add to that the personal gains following the sale,it made perfect sense to sell.
Teams with any idea of achieving things generally dont let their star player go without putting up much of a fight or only do business for ridiculous money,we did neither.

Id say our current rise back to the fringes is purely coincidental linked to some bang average teams we've played in a short period of time tbf

Of course we're over the moon being in league one, seriously we've only spent 5 seasons in this league in our entire history, so being here is quite an achievement. Getting the play-offs is a very realistic target for us this season and we all want to achieve that, but I also trust Hill to do whats best for the club and if selling done for a sizeable sum, when he thinks we can still achieve that without him. theres nothing to say we would have won those games with him and after the good start he has hardly scored an obscene amount of goals for sheffield has he.

Regardless of what you think with regards to us playing 'bang average teams' that is only your opinion. the hard facts are that we are sitting in the play-off's with a game in hand on most teams, that is a clear enough indicator to me that the club are trying to achieve them.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:48 - Mar 30 with 2527 viewsThacks_Rabbits

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:41 - Mar 30 by TVOS1907

Chesterfield, who replaced Doyle with nobody.

Maybe we could have signed Roberts off them, although the 5k a week plus may have been an issue :)

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:53 - Mar 30 with 2509 viewsTalkingSutty

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:41 - Mar 30 by 442Dale

I can see relevance when comparing Done to the players we have in the squad, but in reality would any of us expect to be doing any better if Done had remained?

I think we could have done better, yes. It will never be proved but having Done in your attack would probably have resulted in picking up points at either Walsall, Bristol or Fleetwood. I would have expected Matt Done to make a difference and that could have possibly given us another 2 or 3 points. Done was a great outlet especially away from home. I said at the time we had sold our play off place and I still believe that.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2015 21:56]
BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:56 - Mar 30 with 2471 viewsnordenblue

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:46 - Mar 30 by sweetcorn

Of course we're over the moon being in league one, seriously we've only spent 5 seasons in this league in our entire history, so being here is quite an achievement. Getting the play-offs is a very realistic target for us this season and we all want to achieve that, but I also trust Hill to do whats best for the club and if selling done for a sizeable sum, when he thinks we can still achieve that without him. theres nothing to say we would have won those games with him and after the good start he has hardly scored an obscene amount of goals for sheffield has he.

Regardless of what you think with regards to us playing 'bang average teams' that is only your opinion. the hard facts are that we are sitting in the play-off's with a game in hand on most teams, that is a clear enough indicator to me that the club are trying to achieve them.

Id say the league table backs up the fact that Yeovil,Scunthorpe,Colchester,Crewe etc are indeed bang average/poor league 1 teams rather than just my opinion to be honest,and we've happened to play most of the worst teams in a short space of time.
BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:57 - Mar 30 with 2469 viewsnordenblue

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:53 - Mar 30 by TalkingSutty

I think we could have done better, yes. It will never be proved but having Done in your attack would probably have resulted in picking up points at either Walsall, Bristol or Fleetwood. I would have expected Matt Done to make a difference and that could have possibly given us another 2 or 3 points. Done was a great outlet especially away from home. I said at the time we had sold our play off place and I still believe that.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2015 21:56]

Spot on
BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:58 - Mar 30 with 2464 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Whats our away form like since we sold MD?

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 22:00 - Mar 30 with 2450 views442Dale

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:58 - Mar 30 by Thacks_Rabbits

Whats our away form like since we sold MD?

What's our home form like?

As TS says, it can never be proved but we've not missed Done that much results wise.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 22:03 - Mar 30 with 2429 viewsThacks_Rabbits

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 22:00 - Mar 30 by 442Dale

What's our home form like?

As TS says, it can never be proved but we've not missed Done that much results wise.

Thats my point 442 - we lack MD away from home but we play a different game at home now that works.

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 22:05 - Mar 30 with 2414 viewsTVOS1907

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:46 - Mar 30 by sweetcorn

This is our ninth season in the third tier.

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 22:08 - Mar 30 with 2399 viewsTVOS1907

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 22:03 - Mar 30 by Thacks_Rabbits

Thats my point 442 - we lack MD away from home but we play a different game at home now that works.

We've played 12 league games since we sold Done and have picked up 18 points.

In the 12 league games before we sold Done, we picked up 15 points.

Lies, damned lies and statistics...

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 22:09 - Mar 30 with 2377 viewsTVOS1907

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 21:40 - Mar 30 by Thacks_Rabbits

In fairness few questioned the sale ever - just the lack of a replacement now we have 1 wage left and loads of cash in the bank from the sale.

Can't do the whole RMR thing again but surely with the contacts we have a proven striker from Champs on loan was a must do not a can't do!

Wouldn't a proven striker already be playing or be unavailable?

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 22:14 - Mar 30 with 2348 viewsisitme

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 22:09 - Mar 30 by TVOS1907

Wouldn't a proven striker already be playing or be unavailable?

Hill said he tried to bring someone in on loan from a League One club but his club were not playing ball.

I do wonder where this mythical proven striker tree is? Especially considering our wage structure.
BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 22:21 - Mar 30 with 2310 viewsTalkingSutty

BBC Radio Manchester 6pm on 22:14 - Mar 30 by isitme

Hill said he tried to bring someone in on loan from a League One club but his club were not playing ball.

I do wonder where this mythical proven striker tree is? Especially considering our wage structure.

Sometimes you can get lucky, you roll the dice and can bring in a player with a poor pedigree and goal scoring record and it just works, they don't have to be proven......COG?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024