Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Word of warning 15:54 - Apr 3 with 4344 viewsRAFC_1994

Hi all,

Word of warning, some idiots knocking around the town centre. Don't usually post but missed the first half due to Preston Town Centre's finest swinging for a lad I was with. Our crime was wearing Dale colours. Hopefully it's on CCTV, he's fine but shaken up, here for the day out supporting our local team, and his day's been ruined.

Hopefully no more on the way back, but for those going near the town centre on the way back, keep an eye out.
Word of warning on 10:53 - Apr 4 with 3611 viewsNinco

I don't see what they gain from it. Any team known for causing trouble just gets told by the police that they have to have more stewards at the match to stop the trouble. The club are then just spending more money on stewards and less on players, so their team wont do as well because they can't afford good players.
Word of warning on 12:55 - Apr 4 with 3457 viewsPotterDale

The last time we played at Deepdale I got a massive amount of abuse in the Bus Station from about 20 Preston fans all shouting "scum" at me. Luckily I didn't have to wait long for a bus but it was certainly quite intimidating.
Word of warning on 01:12 - Apr 5 with 3120 viewsKenBoon

Preston is the worst town (lol city) in Britain. I hate the place. Just a crappy dump of a town filled with theme bars, terrible nightclubs, cars and tramps. I know people down Rochdale, but at least Rochdale is empty. I'd rather have no people than lots of deadbeats.
Word of warning on 09:50 - Apr 5 with 2935 viewsBFC

Word of warning on 01:12 - Apr 5 by KenBoon

Preston is the worst town (lol city) in Britain. I hate the place. Just a crappy dump of a town filled with theme bars, terrible nightclubs, cars and tramps. I know people down Rochdale, but at least Rochdale is empty. I'd rather have no people than lots of deadbeats.

Does anybody know WHY preston was ever made a city?

It's a terrible place, I agree there.
Word of warning on 10:32 - Apr 5 with 2857 viewszxcvbnm

Driving towards the ground on Friday I was amazed at the amount of boarded up houses and businesses. It needs regeneration - Agree it's a dump

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Word of warning on 13:12 - Apr 5 with 2710 viewssandy_dale

Word of warning on 09:50 - Apr 5 by BFC

Because it has to be a city to have a university
Word of warning on 14:04 - Apr 5 with 2639 views442Dale

Bolton has a university now.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Word of warning on 14:08 - Apr 5 with 2631 views49thseason

Word of warning on 13:12 - Apr 5 by sandy_dale

Because it has to be a city to have a university

So is Bolton a city then?
Login to get fewer ads

Word of warning on 14:20 - Apr 5 with 2590 viewsrobbowood

Word of warning on 09:50 - Apr 5 by BFC

14 March, 2002
'Proud Preston' wins city status

City assessors looked at the history of the candidates

Historic Preston in Lancashire has won the coveted prize of Golden City status, beating off a challenge from 26 other English contenders.

The town, which calls itself "Proud Preston", won the contest, drawn up as part of the Queen's Golden Jubilee year to celebrate her 50 years on the throne.

It becomes the first new English city since Brighton and Hove and Wolverhampton were given the status to mark the new millennium two years ago.

Preston based its bid on its history, location, university and the fact that it is the traditional administrative centre of Lancashire.

Other jubilee cities named are Stirling in Scotland, Newport in Wales and Lisburn and Newry in Northern Ireland.
Word of warning on 15:08 - Apr 5 with 2526 viewsTVOS1907

Word of warning on 14:08 - Apr 5 by 49thseason

So is Bolton a city then?

No. I think that was 442's point.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024