Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
exile's view 09:49 - Apr 4 with 3425 viewscupardale

Thought I'd post a few observations of the game. Despite a long old day on the road I was really impressed how our young, honest, hardworking team tried to play football and stood up to a team with probably 5-10 times our budget and resources. The defence was excellent, Cannon, TK, Bennett were standout for me. The only player I was disappointed with was Bastien but at no point did we look out of the game.

Joe Garner, what a shame. Obviously a talented footballer but how he can go home and feel proud of the way he conducts himself on the pitch I don't know. He probably doesn't care but I'd rather any of our lads to him, a poor professional who was embarrassing to watch. The occasion he screamed as he flew into the air was a joke. I made a similar noise last year when I tore my cartilage and had to go straight to AnE. Genuine pain. Awful player.

I think we just ran out of steam last 15 mins. I know a few folk were disappointed with the subs but Vincenti was probably knackered, was very surprised to see him start. Cannon, Tanser ran themselves into the ground and were knackered, that was obvious. Couldn't have asked anymore from our team. Brandy and RNL never got into it but credit to P NE as
It was probably the way they saw the game out that nullified them.

All in all, came away feeling a little disappointed with the result but proud of the team and a really good backing from us lot. Hopefully we can take it to the last game and I'll make the long trip to Barnsley.

Up the Dale
exile's view on 15:31 - Apr 4 with 3210 viewsD_Alien

Bastien didn't have a great game yesterday, although he put in a shift in a more forward position. What should be remembered though is he spends weeks warming the bench. To expect good things from him against a physical outfit in an auto promotion spot isn't realistic. Most other players get a run of several games and then find their match fitness and rhythm. Bastien has never had that chance, except at the back end of last season when his impetus helped carry us over the finishing line.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

exile's view on 19:18 - Apr 4 with 3029 viewsdingdangblue

exile's view on 15:31 - Apr 4 by D_Alien

Bastien didn't have a great game yesterday, although he put in a shift in a more forward position. What should be remembered though is he spends weeks warming the bench. To expect good things from him against a physical outfit in an auto promotion spot isn't realistic. Most other players get a run of several games and then find their match fitness and rhythm. Bastien has never had that chance, except at the back end of last season when his impetus helped carry us over the finishing line.

Yes he wasn't great yesterday, but at least he looked to go forwards and was positive even if it didn't always come off. RNL was like the invisible man when he replaced him.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

exile's view on 20:58 - Apr 4 with 2936 viewsBrighouseDale

Your comments about our honest team struck a chord with me. I am so proud that while Hilly's in charge, we don't have to put up with petulance, play acting, aggression towards the ref... and so on from our squad, the front line representatives of RAFC. Nobody can accuse us of playing dirty.

I firmly believe that Keith Hill is a man of principles and would rather lose a game being honest than win a game by cheating, and it's very clear that he instills that in his players. Lovely stuff*.

*Not my words Michael, the words of Shakin' Stevens.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

exile's view on 23:47 - Apr 4 with 2796 viewscupardale

exile's view on 20:58 - Apr 4 by BrighouseDale

Your comments about our honest team struck a chord with me. I am so proud that while Hilly's in charge, we don't have to put up with petulance, play acting, aggression towards the ref... and so on from our squad, the front line representatives of RAFC. Nobody can accuse us of playing dirty.

I firmly believe that Keith Hill is a man of principles and would rather lose a game being honest than win a game by cheating, and it's very clear that he instills that in his players. Lovely stuff*.

*Not my words Michael, the words of Shakin' Stevens.

Our lads never rush round the ref, even if hard done by, never try and con the Ref and just get on with it. I've played for senior school and university teams and of course things go against you now and then but that's sport, that's part of the game you play
So proud that our lads don't stoop to other teams levels, other teams that on paper should beat you anyway but still have to resort to, what is in effect cheating, to gain an advantage.

I'm not overly critical of Bastien and I get it that he's coming in from not much game time, I just thought, on the day, he lacked a wee bit of composure and was perhaps a bit off. On the whole, I thought we were really good. We looked like a team towards the same end
Preston looked like a group of good individuals and perhaps their extra levels of skill/ expertise got them over the line.

Think we can really take it up to 3rd of May....
exile's view on 10:29 - Apr 5 with 2634 viewsirisaln

I think i've seen enough of Brandy and Lazerus now as subs.

Please Mr .Hill can we blood Joel Logan and Nyal Bell ready for next season!
exile's view on 11:08 - Apr 5 with 2606 viewsYorkshire_Dale

exile's view on 10:29 - Apr 5 by irisaln

I think i've seen enough of Brandy and Lazerus now as subs.

Please Mr .Hill can we blood Joel Logan and Nyal Bell ready for next season!

Agree Iris,

Logan was great against Forest......then went missing.......give him another go please Hilly?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024