Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Fred - Gillingham away 13:57 - Apr 18 with 22514 viewsChaffRAFC

Teams when they come through.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 18:07 - Apr 18 with 3745 viewsjonesy

The only good thing today was performance of Andy Cannon. He showed a very mature attitude and played well despite the obnoxious home crowd.
Match Fred - Gillingham away on 18:10 - Apr 18 with 3703 viewsdale4ever

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 18:07 - Apr 18 by jonesy

The only good thing today was performance of Andy Cannon. He showed a very mature attitude and played well despite the obnoxious home crowd.

I'm amazed he lasted 90 mins today, he was having lumps kicked out of him all game. Then the lesser fouls committed by Dale players were deemed to be red cards. D'Urso's assessor should have a list as long as his arm after that abysmal showing.
Match Fred - Gillingham away on 18:18 - Apr 18 with 3619 viewsmacro

No controversy over Lund red all day long. Gills fans I spoke to felt they should have had player sent off and we were the better side
Match Fred - Gillingham away on 18:27 - Apr 18 with 3554 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 18:18 - Apr 18 by macro

No controversy over Lund red all day long. Gills fans I spoke to felt they should have had player sent off and we were the better side

Bit of a theme developing. We where the better team at Fleetwood, Doncaster, Gillingham, Possibly Preston and scored only one goal in those 4 games. I accept we have scored plenty of goals this season but put a natural goalscorer in this team (A Tony Ellis) and we would have walked into the play offs. We create chances for fun and over the last couple of months have been pretty wasteful.
Match Fred - Gillingham away on 18:30 - Apr 18 with 3525 views442Dale

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 18:27 - Apr 18 by TalkingSutty

Bit of a theme developing. We where the better team at Fleetwood, Doncaster, Gillingham, Possibly Preston and scored only one goal in those 4 games. I accept we have scored plenty of goals this season but put a natural goalscorer in this team (A Tony Ellis) and we would have walked into the play offs. We create chances for fun and over the last couple of months have been pretty wasteful.

0-1 is our most common result this season, we've lost eight games by that scoreline.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 18:48 - Apr 18 with 3403 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 18:30 - Apr 18 by 442Dale

0-1 is our most common result this season, we've lost eight games by that scoreline.

When you look at the team as a nutural observer and look were the goals are going to come from you identify Hendo and Vincenti and in all honesty that's it. We never really look like scoring from midfield but have had contributions from defensive players like Eastham and Bennett.

For all Bunney and Logans promise they wouldn't frighten you as a league One defender. Andrew is a decent squad player but I think his strength is coming on from the bench. It's very difficult but find somebody who has a knack of knocking in scruffy goals and put them in this team and it will make a hell of a difference. Dagnall would fit in well. It's crazy when you think of the goals we have scored but I think we have been a recognised forward short all season.
Match Fred - Gillingham away on 18:48 - Apr 18 with 3386 viewsYouTubeDale

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 18:27 - Apr 18 by TalkingSutty

Matty Done ???????????

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 18:50 - Apr 18 with 3372 viewsYouTubeDale

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 18:48 - Apr 18 by TalkingSutty

When you look at the team as a nutural observer and look were the goals are going to come from you identify Hendo and Vincenti and in all honesty that's it. We never really look like scoring from midfield but have had contributions from defensive players like Eastham and Bennett.

For all Bunney and Logans promise they wouldn't frighten you as a league One defender. Andrew is a decent squad player but I think his strength is coming on from the bench. It's very difficult but find somebody who has a knack of knocking in scruffy goals and put them in this team and it will make a hell of a difference. Dagnall would fit in well. It's crazy when you think of the goals we have scored but I think we have been a recognised forward short all season.

Hope Hilly has a word in Dagnall's ear on Tuesday.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Login to get fewer ads

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 18:56 - Apr 18 with 3351 viewsRodingdale

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 18:18 - Apr 18 by macro

I was in a box directly by the Lund 'tackle', Gills fans didn't appeal and there was no contact with anything, ball included. Looked a committed sliding tackle, albeit mistimed. Yellow max. If D'Arsole had been consistent they would have been down to nine.
Match Fred - Gillingham away on 18:57 - Apr 18 with 3338 viewsdingdangblue

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 18:50 - Apr 18 by YouTubeDale

Hope Hilly has a word in Dagnall's ear on Tuesday.

Best chance of getting Daggers back is to hammer Orient on Tuesday and help relegate them.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 19:08 - Apr 18 with 3254 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 18:48 - Apr 18 by YouTubeDale

Matty Done ???????????

Well that's done and dusted, but away from home he came into his own and posed a massive threat. He was our outlet ball and also scorer of goals. In tight low scoring games away from home when you are trying to hit the home team on the break, Done was your man. Very quick, skilfull and could hit the net.

It was deemed that the offer from Sheffield was too good to turn down and the deal was done. I think it will always be a transfer which is discussed for years to come in relation to the outcome of this particular season,but losing a quality player like Done only weakens your squad, that can't be argued.
Match Fred - Gillingham away on 19:09 - Apr 18 with 3244 viewsRotherhamDale

Our away record recently has been pretty woeful.

Possession with progression.

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 19:10 - Apr 18 with 3237 viewsmacro

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 18:56 - Apr 18 by Rodingdale

I was in a box directly by the Lund 'tackle', Gills fans didn't appeal and there was no contact with anything, ball included. Looked a committed sliding tackle, albeit mistimed. Yellow max. If D'Arsole had been consistent they would have been down to nine.

Two feet of the ground, studs raised = red card. Intent doesn't matter. As soon as he launched himself I said red card.
Match Fred - Gillingham away on 19:11 - Apr 18 with 3229 viewsdingdangblue

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 19:09 - Apr 18 by RotherhamDale

Our away record recently has been pretty woeful.

Good job next 2 are at home!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 19:23 - Apr 18 with 3152 viewsdale4ever

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 19:10 - Apr 18 by macro

Two feet of the ground, studs raised = red card. Intent doesn't matter. As soon as he launched himself I said red card.

Surely you thought the same when two similar if not worse Gillingham challenges happened though? D'Urso is embarrassingly bad, no consistency whatsoever from a ref we all already knew was useless. Today merely backed this up.
Match Fred - Gillingham away on 19:27 - Apr 18 with 3118 viewsmacro

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 19:23 - Apr 18 by dale4ever

Surely you thought the same when two similar if not worse Gillingham challenges happened though? D'Urso is embarrassingly bad, no consistency whatsoever from a ref we all already knew was useless. Today merely backed this up.

I had a clear view of the Lund challenge. The gills challenges were side on so trickier to see. I posted earlier that a gills fan I spoke to felt there should have been a red for them, so I assume that at least one of them was deserving. I couldn't tell with the jones challenge whether he got the ball first or not.
Match Fred - Gillingham away on 19:29 - Apr 18 with 3101 viewsdingdangblue

And he looks like Mr Bean which doesn't instill confidence.

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 19:52 - Apr 18 with 2977 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 18:48 - Apr 18 by TalkingSutty

ALF
Match Fred - Gillingham away on 19:59 - Apr 18 with 2927 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 19:52 - Apr 18 by Yorkshire_Dale

ALF

Dave Lancaster. They don't have to be good footballers, some just have a knack of being a nuisance and scoring goals, like Rene Howe for instance. Hendo provides the class.
Match Fred - Gillingham away on 20:10 - Apr 18 with 2857 views442Dale

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 19:10 - Apr 18 by macro

And yet again we give the officials the opportunity to make a decision. Look at what we can control, not what we can't.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 20:27 - Apr 18 with 2752 viewsArthurDaley

Luton fans seem to agree with you.

A large VAT Dave

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 20:35 - Apr 18 with 2708 viewsmacro

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 20:10 - Apr 18 by 442Dale

And yet again we give the officials the opportunity to make a decision. Look at what we can control, not what we can't.

Spot on
Match Fred - Gillingham away on 20:43 - Apr 18 with 2666 viewsdingdangblue

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 20:10 - Apr 18 by 442Dale

And another thing, the type of injury and operation he had had - the last thing he should be doing on his 1st game back is jumping into tackles and landing/ putting pressure on his shoulder.

Match Fred - Gillingham away on 20:52 - Apr 18 with 2627 views49thseason

Two points, D,urso is 52/53 and under the old FL rules would have retired 3 seasons ago but thanks to EU legislation they cant enforce the rule (another reason to vote UKIP) . And if Lund feels able to launch himself, at least he isnt protecting his shoulder and must feel fully fit.
Match Fred - Gillingham away on 21:00 - Apr 18 with 2596 viewsrich_dale

D'Urso set the tone/lost the plot when he failed to deal with a bad tackle on Cannon in the first half. He then seemed to forget the difference between yellow and red cards - despite some similar, solid challenges going in from both teams, seemed he thought that the home team could only get yellows yet we were ripe for reds. No wonder he's fallen from grace and you never see him in the PL. Homer today.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024