Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marketing Dale 11:46 - Apr 23 with 4292 viewsdingdangblue

1st big test this - what are the club doing extra to promote Saturdays hugely important game at Spotland?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Marketing Dale on 12:30 - Apr 23 with 2589 viewsCamdenDale

Chris Dunphy and Colin Garlick are great servants of the club but stuck in the 70s in many ways. They still deserve our full support. Their general common sense husbanding of our finances is to be lauded. It's so easy to see how we wouldn't have a club at all without Dunphy, the Kilpatricks, Ratcliffe and the like.

I think both CD and CG recognise their lack of experience in terms of marketing and have tried to reach out as best they know how. Leighanne a great appointment and has the social media side running pretty well. Similarly, let's see what the new marketing manager is made of and hope lots more of the basic shortfallings, well documented on here, can be sorted out for next season.

For Saturday, I mean, what can the club do in all reality? More down to us. Bring a mate - best marketing there is.
Marketing Dale on 12:39 - Apr 23 with 2561 viewsnordenblue

Ive received an email this morning promoting the game with details to buy a season ticket surprisingly attached.Funny how the contact appears to increase when they want you to throw some money at the club
Marketing Dale on 12:47 - Apr 23 with 2532 viewsfitzochris

Marketing Dale on 12:30 - Apr 23 by CamdenDale

Chris Dunphy and Colin Garlick are great servants of the club but stuck in the 70s in many ways. They still deserve our full support. Their general common sense husbanding of our finances is to be lauded. It's so easy to see how we wouldn't have a club at all without Dunphy, the Kilpatricks, Ratcliffe and the like.

I think both CD and CG recognise their lack of experience in terms of marketing and have tried to reach out as best they know how. Leighanne a great appointment and has the social media side running pretty well. Similarly, let's see what the new marketing manager is made of and hope lots more of the basic shortfallings, well documented on here, can be sorted out for next season.

For Saturday, I mean, what can the club do in all reality? More down to us. Bring a mate - best marketing there is.

I'll be bringing a squad with me. Hopefully, one day, they'll start going to every Dale home game.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Marketing Dale on 12:50 - Apr 23 with 2520 viewsCamdenDale

Marketing Dale on 12:39 - Apr 23 by nordenblue

Ive received an email this morning promoting the game with details to buy a season ticket surprisingly attached.Funny how the contact appears to increase when they want you to throw some money at the club

"They". What's wrong with you? 'Them' are 'you' you berk.
Marketing Dale on 12:55 - Apr 23 with 2489 viewsSimpkinsLeftPeg

"Funny how the contact appears to increase when they want you to throw some money at the club"

I.e. - marketing?
Marketing Dale on 12:59 - Apr 23 with 2469 views100notout

Bloody hell - if they didn't do anything you'd be complaining about the lack of marketing! Damned if they do damned if they don't

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Marketing Dale on 13:39 - Apr 23 with 2385 viewsD_Alien

Marketing Dale on 12:55 - Apr 23 by SimpkinsLeftPeg

"Funny how the contact appears to increase when they want you to throw some money at the club"

I.e. - marketing?

Yep, that's the general idea - for people to part with cash to help the club - so no idea what nordenblue's complaining about!!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Marketing Dale on 13:44 - Apr 23 with 2360 viewsCamdenDale

Ask not what your club can do for you. Ask what you can do for your club.

RAFC - it's not Tesco.
Login to get fewer ads

Marketing Dale on 15:18 - Apr 23 with 2234 viewspioneer

Marketing Dale on 13:44 - Apr 23 by CamdenDale

Ask not what your club can do for you. Ask what you can do for your club.

RAFC - it's not Tesco.

But it faces the same challenge as Tescos, attracting and keeping customers and it has failed miserably at that.

I am a shareholder (ie owner) and i despair at the way the club is run from the marketing side. As I have said before - we are lucky to have the football leadership that we currently have. If we let this period of our history go by without doing everything possible to generate the support necessary to go where we have never been before we might never get the chance again, at least in the lifetime of many of us posters.
Marketing Dale on 15:35 - Apr 23 with 2201 viewsnordenblue

Marketing Dale on 12:50 - Apr 23 by CamdenDale

"They". What's wrong with you? 'Them' are 'you' you berk.

And your point is you tool?
Marketing Dale on 15:39 - Apr 23 with 2187 viewsnordenblue

Marketing Dale on 12:55 - Apr 23 by SimpkinsLeftPeg

I.e. - marketing?

Mentioned weeks ago how the communication and attempt to increase revenue DURING a season are piss poor as usual,but the club will be all over us when they want fans to part with money for season tickets.
Marketing Dale on 15:43 - Apr 23 with 2172 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Marketing Dale on 12:47 - Apr 23 by fitzochris

I'll be bringing a squad with me. Hopefully, one day, they'll start going to every Dale home game.

What constitutes a "squad".....Fitz
Marketing Dale on 15:46 - Apr 23 with 2164 viewsfitzochris

Marketing Dale on 15:43 - Apr 23 by Yorkshire_Dale

What constitutes a "squad".....Fitz

Haha. A few people (family members) who will only attend Dale games when I'm back home. I wish they would go every week. They get along well enough with my Dale-supporting mates.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Marketing Dale on 15:46 - Apr 23 with 2161 viewsnordenblue

Marketing Dale on 13:39 - Apr 23 by D_Alien

Yep, that's the general idea - for people to part with cash to help the club - so no idea what nordenblue's complaining about!!

They make sod all effort most the season and just expect people to keep turning up,yet always manage to make an effort come renewal time when they want some money again.
Marketing Dale on 18:10 - Apr 23 with 2039 viewsCamdenDale

Marketing Dale on 15:35 - Apr 23 by nordenblue

And your point is you tool?

The point is, and I'm so terribly sorry you cannot grasp, is so simple - we're all on the same side.

'They'/'Them'/'TheClub' only bother to email you when 'they' want something i.e. your brass. You think this is brass necked of those running the football club you support. How hard is it? Chris Dunphy, KH and all the rest of us are on the same side. Nothing's perfect and I know you ain't you negative oxygen sucking dick.
Marketing Dale on 18:18 - Apr 23 with 2024 viewsdingdangblue

Marketing Dale on 15:46 - Apr 23 by nordenblue

They make sod all effort most the season and just expect people to keep turning up,yet always manage to make an effort come renewal time when they want some money again.

Some used to say that about our players!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Marketing Dale on 18:51 - Apr 23 with 1976 viewsnordenblue

Marketing Dale on 18:10 - Apr 23 by CamdenDale

The point is, and I'm so terribly sorry you cannot grasp, is so simple - we're all on the same side.

'They'/'Them'/'TheClub' only bother to email you when 'they' want something i.e. your brass. You think this is brass necked of those running the football club you support. How hard is it? Chris Dunphy, KH and all the rest of us are on the same side. Nothing's perfect and I know you ain't you negative oxygen sucking dick.

Far from perfect id suggest,just feel the club could do a touch more but for people like you who'd gladly swallow Hillys load full down your throat i appologise for the offense caused.
Your final line kind of sums you up,"negative oxygen sucking dick",id suggest you release some anger you sad tvvat.
Marketing Dale on 19:26 - Apr 23 with 1888 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Marketing Dale on 15:46 - Apr 23 by nordenblue

Hi Norden

This is Rochdale FC here. How are you? It's been lovely weather we're having. Erm, it's going to go bad though over the weekend apparently..............erm............typical eh? Yeah, blooming weather eh? Erm..............we're doing alright this season aren't we? Yeah.........doing well...........lots of of goals and saves and ..............erm..........football and all that. Yeah.................erm...............the weather eh? Typical. Erm.............have you seen that thing on the internet where the dress is blue but some people see it white, mad eh? Yeah..............................the blooming weather. Right got to go. See you.

Something like that you mean?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Marketing Dale on 19:40 - Apr 23 with 1859 viewsCamdenDale

Marketing Dale on 18:51 - Apr 23 by nordenblue

Far from perfect id suggest,just feel the club could do a touch more but for people like you who'd gladly swallow Hillys load full down your throat i appologise for the offense caused.
Your final line kind of sums you up,"negative oxygen sucking dick",id suggest you release some anger you sad tvvat.

"Gladly swallow Hillys load full down your throat." Stay classy Norden.

Negativity like yours is Death's touch and holds the whole town back. Don't like much generally do you?
Marketing Dale on 19:46 - Apr 23 with 1839 viewsisitme

I have had an email prior to every game of the season advertising it and any away travel on offer/and or information about tickets for away games. Often it has ended up in my spam folder. Social media output on Twitter has also been good. There have been a couple of good pieces of artwork tweeted promoting Saturday's game.

As others have mentioned the club gets criticised if they do and also if they don't! One thing I would agree with is the fact that people who receive the emails and see the tweets are probably those who attend games anyway. It is good that in next year's season ticket book the bring a friend vouchers have space for their name and email address.
Marketing Dale on 19:55 - Apr 23 with 1810 viewsnordenblue

Marketing Dale on 19:40 - Apr 23 by CamdenDale

"Gladly swallow Hillys load full down your throat." Stay classy Norden.

Negativity like yours is Death's touch and holds the whole town back. Don't like much generally do you?

If stating facts is negativity again my apologies,i should just keep quiet and carry on clapping I guess.

No ive nothing to be happy about tbf,its not like ive just celebrated my daughters 1st birthday or live in a beautiful house in a great location,or even that im getting married this year.

Life really is a shocker,but you'd know that anyway knowing me so well.
Marketing Dale on 20:00 - Apr 23 with 1795 viewsTalkingSutty

Marketing Dale on 19:55 - Apr 23 by nordenblue

If stating facts is negativity again my apologies,i should just keep quiet and carry on clapping I guess.

No ive nothing to be happy about tbf,its not like ive just celebrated my daughters 1st birthday or live in a beautiful house in a great location,or even that im getting married this year.

Life really is a shocker,but you'd know that anyway knowing me so well.

I wouldn't rely on marriage making you happy NB, make sure you think it through. Daughters birthday and beautiful house is a source of happiness though.
Marketing Dale on 20:08 - Apr 23 with 1773 viewstazzydjr

Marketing Dale on 19:46 - Apr 23 by isitme

I have had an email prior to every game of the season advertising it and any away travel on offer/and or information about tickets for away games. Often it has ended up in my spam folder. Social media output on Twitter has also been good. There have been a couple of good pieces of artwork tweeted promoting Saturday's game.

As others have mentioned the club gets criticised if they do and also if they don't! One thing I would agree with is the fact that people who receive the emails and see the tweets are probably those who attend games anyway. It is good that in next year's season ticket book the bring a friend vouchers have space for their name and email address.

I use to get exact same on my old email account

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Marketing Dale on 20:55 - Apr 23 with 1705 viewsnordenblue

Marketing Dale on 20:00 - Apr 23 by TalkingSutty

I wouldn't rely on marriage making you happy NB, make sure you think it through. Daughters birthday and beautiful house is a source of happiness though.

Good point ts,perfectly fine as things stand and couldn't be happier so all seems to be going to plan.
Ive had the pleasure of a few strange ones as we all have previously so can generally spot a "good" one,or I'd like to think so at least!!
Marketing Dale on 20:57 - Apr 23 with 1699 viewsnordenblue

Marketing Dale on 19:26 - Apr 23 by BigDaveMyCock

Hi Norden

This is Rochdale FC here. How are you? It's been lovely weather we're having. Erm, it's going to go bad though over the weekend apparently..............erm............typical eh? Yeah, blooming weather eh? Erm..............we're doing alright this season aren't we? Yeah.........doing well...........lots of of goals and saves and ..............erm..........football and all that. Yeah.................erm...............the weather eh? Typical. Erm.............have you seen that thing on the internet where the dress is blue but some people see it white, mad eh? Yeah..............................the blooming weather. Right got to go. See you.

Something like that you mean?

Errrr yes,great post
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024