Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2015/16 new kit 08:49 - Apr 25 with 25746 views442Dale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/errea-revealed-as-new-kit-supplier-242

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

2015/16 new kit on 08:56 - Apr 25 with 8496 viewsColDale

the away kit looks like a direct remake of an old Carcraft top - possibly 2000-01.
2015/16 new kit on 08:57 - Apr 25 with 8487 viewsdale4ever

Another white away kit, will we ever learn? Good job there's the third black one. The last few times we've had a white away kit we have only been able to wear it two or three times a season!
2015/16 new kit on 08:57 - Apr 25 with 8472 viewsdingdangblue

Seriously underwhelmed with that considering some of the other Errea kits posted earlier this week. So they've just copied this seasons kit and replaced black for white. Really thought they would have gone with blue/black stripes.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

2015/16 new kit on 08:58 - Apr 25 with 8462 viewsmightydale

2015/16 new kit on 08:56 - Apr 25 by ColDale

the away kit looks like a direct remake of an old Carcraft top - possibly 2000-01.

looks nice

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

2015/16 new kit on 08:58 - Apr 25 with 8449 viewsRalphs12

Horrible. Saved some money again at least.

"We have so much customisation with this kit to meet our needs" so let's just go block blue and a little bit of white ;) superb.
2015/16 new kit on 08:59 - Apr 25 with 8443 viewsAtThePeake

2015/16 new kit on 08:57 - Apr 25 by dale4ever

Another white away kit, will we ever learn? Good job there's the third black one. The last few times we've had a white away kit we have only been able to wear it two or three times a season!

Given that it's Collis in the black top, I presume that's the keeper top.

Lost the blue and black identity already, didn't take long.

Tangled up in blue.

2015/16 new kit on 08:59 - Apr 25 with 8442 viewsColDale

2015/16 new kit on 08:59 - Apr 25 with 8436 viewsSaxonDale

Where's the black on the home kit?
Login to get fewer ads

2015/16 new kit on 08:59 - Apr 25 with 8435 views442Dale

2015/16 new kit on 08:57 - Apr 25 by dale4ever

That's Collis so I assumed it was the keeper's top. Then again there's no mention of a black GK top in the article, just a yellow and green one!

2015/16 new kit on 09:00 - Apr 25 with 8418 viewsfunkkk

Not a fan, but guess this is what happens when a shirt is designed after 'consultation with the players and staff' and not those expected to buy it.
2015/16 new kit on 09:03 - Apr 25 with 8377 views442Dale

2015/16 new kit on 08:59 - Apr 25 by ColDale

There was a green trim on both those shirts, but very similar.

Ah, the use of a third colour in a football kit. There may be something about that to follow...

2015/16 new kit on 09:06 - Apr 25 with 8356 viewsfunkkk

2015/16 new kit on 08:59 - Apr 25 by AtThePeake

Given that it's Collis in the black top, I presume that's the keeper top.

Lost the blue and black identity already, didn't take long.

Frustrating that we keep changing so much from season to season. A blue and black striped home shirt would be pretty unique and allow us to create an identity.
2015/16 new kit on 09:06 - Apr 25 with 8351 viewsSaxonDale

The shirt itself for me is O.K. However why have the club without consulting the fans decided to go back to blue and white? As a fan base we had a vote and agreed to change our colours to blue and black, why have the club completely ignored this and gone back? The blue and black colour scheme was unique and was a great potential marketing tool for the 'Rochdale Brand.' To go back to blue and white without any consultation with the fans really does sum up the state of this club off the pitch at the moment.
2015/16 new kit on 09:09 - Apr 25 with 8311 viewsColDale

If we want to have three kits, then we should be honest about it and launch it that way. In choosing white as the away kit, we might not have had the same issues with blue and white striped opposition as in the past, but its inevitable a third a third kit will be needed, and we all know its not that difficult to pick a colour for the away kit where that won't be an issue.

Besides, we'll win away at Carlisle in the first round of the League Cup wearing a yellow away kit, and Hilly will insist on that for each away game from thereon.
2015/16 new kit on 09:12 - Apr 25 with 8292 views442Dale

2015/16 new kit on 08:59 - Apr 25 by SaxonDale

Where's the black on the home kit?

They are perfectly fine football kits. They look clean and can be mixed and matched as they're the same design. 

But what happened to the club's unique identity? Blue, black and white are three colours that we'd hope football fans in this country were starting to associate with Dale and with these two kits we've missed an opportunity to reinforce that... especially when you look at both together and see all three colours in abundance. When a Dale fan pulls on a home shirt and wears it on holiday, or at a service station on the way to an away game we don't want people wondering "which team is that blue and white shirt?"; it should be a case of whatever black there is will be providing that link to Rochdale. It's subliminal, but we should try and tap into it. 

There are plenty who wanted a return to stripes, but if we weren't going to do that then at least adhere to what we've been doing over the most successful period in the club's history by including black somewhere on the home shirt. The side panels could have been black for example - a small change but it would achieve so much. Having the ability to use a third colour in a strip is a valuable tool as it allows small design elements to stand out - we're back to subliminal aspects again here, but it really does improve a shirt. The three Errea kits below illustrate simple designs which could have achieved this if we're not using stripes:

Dale blue home shirt version: the two horizontal bands in black with Crown Oil in between. Leave the rest of the shirt with white collar trim and add black trim to the shorts and socks

Dale blue home home shirt version: the sash in black and all other trim used as above.

Dale blue home shirt version: The central stripes - one white, one black. 

And the best thing about this is you can reverse everything on the away kit; both kits follow the same template and all three colours are used effectively. Two questions: 1) would this then look more uniquely Rochdale? 2) Would it provide a shirt that supporters would want to buy? I'd say yes to both, but what do I know? Maybe check with the players first. 

The main thing is we've got a new kit on sale that looks quite nice, but it's one which was obviously going to start debate, unnecessary debate, especially from those who wanted a return to stripes. I'm not in that camp specifically, but if people want it and it'd sell, why not return to that route? The kit we released last summer which was decided by the club was good, it actually diverted away from stripes effectively to create a strip that seems to have sold very well. Hopefully the decision to eradicate black from the club's home shirt will have a similar effect and the new shirts will sell just as well.

2015/16 new kit on 09:13 - Apr 25 with 8279 viewsfunkkk

2015/16 new kit on 08:59 - Apr 25 by 442Dale

That's Collis so I assumed it was the keeper's top. Then again there's no mention of a black GK top in the article, just a yellow and green one!

You can see the yellow top on the club's Twitter feed re the 'refurbished' club shop.
2015/16 new kit on 09:13 - Apr 25 with 8278 views442Dale

2015/16 new kit on 09:06 - Apr 25 by SaxonDale

The shirt itself for me is O.K. However why have the club without consulting the fans decided to go back to blue and white? As a fan base we had a vote and agreed to change our colours to blue and black, why have the club completely ignored this and gone back? The blue and black colour scheme was unique and was a great potential marketing tool for the 'Rochdale Brand.' To go back to blue and white without any consultation with the fans really does sum up the state of this club off the pitch at the moment.

I shall ask this question via the Trust at their desk today.

2015/16 new kit on 09:16 - Apr 25 with 8249 viewsleonardrafc

Doesn't look like any effort has gone into designing these and they want £40 for it!

Really, really hope they look better in person
2015/16 new kit on 09:20 - Apr 25 with 8216 viewsTalkingSutty

2015/16 new kit on 09:09 - Apr 25 by ColDale

If we want to have three kits, then we should be honest about it and launch it that way. In choosing white as the away kit, we might not have had the same issues with blue and white striped opposition as in the past, but its inevitable a third a third kit will be needed, and we all know its not that difficult to pick a colour for the away kit where that won't be an issue.

Besides, we'll win away at Carlisle in the first round of the League Cup wearing a yellow away kit, and Hilly will insist on that for each away game from thereon.

I thought the closer links between the Supporters Trust and the Football club( Colin Garlick being involved) could have brought about closer consultation regarding matters like choosing the kit design etc.

The fact all those people meet up to discuss various issues yet nothing is mentioned about possible involvement from fans when it comes to the new kit beggars belief. If the club don't want opinions from their customers then why not just cascade that information down to the fans via the Trust?

The kit issue is a perfect opportunity for the club to involve the Trust and it fosters goodwill between all parties, it's a bit of a no brainer.

I made a promise not to be negative today but the arrogance of the Club in the way it treats the fans really annoys me at times.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2015 9:23]
2015/16 new kit on 09:21 - Apr 25 with 8208 viewsdalenumber2

I, too, am very sorry to see that there is no black on the home kit. I loved the blue and black stripes and like others have said, it made us look a bit different. What a pity we have plumped for this uninspiring design - but it's done now andI suppose we will have to get used to it.
2015/16 new kit on 09:22 - Apr 25 with 8204 viewsShun

Truly awful. So much for our colour scheme. What a waste.
2015/16 new kit on 09:23 - Apr 25 with 8195 viewsSaxonDale

2015/16 new kit on 09:13 - Apr 25 by 442Dale

I shall ask this question via the Trust at their desk today.

Thanks 442.
2015/16 new kit on 09:27 - Apr 25 with 8155 viewsTalkingSutty

2015/16 new kit on 09:22 - Apr 25 by Shun

Truly awful. So much for our colour scheme. What a waste.

On a positive note I am glad the Club are now involved with Errea.Get some supporters involvement next time and things should be good, we have 2 or 3 people on this forum who would be ideal representatives.
2015/16 new kit on 09:30 - Apr 25 with 8127 viewsShun

I'm almost as disappointed as when I saw the Red Wedding.

I hate this club at times. Really.
2015/16 new kit on 09:33 - Apr 25 with 8111 viewsRalphs12

2015/16 new kit on 09:27 - Apr 25 by TalkingSutty

On a positive note I am glad the Club are now involved with Errea.Get some supporters involvement next time and things should be good, we have 2 or 3 people on this forum who would be ideal representatives.

But they've been doing this for "12 months" and it gives us so much customisation.... So much so that we're just putting white in this years kit. Embarrassing statement from the club, feel like they've just said sod it people will buy it anyway
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024