Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2015/16 new kit 08:49 - Apr 25 with 25711 views442Dale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/errea-revealed-as-new-kit-supplier-242

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

2015/16 new kit on 13:40 - Apr 25 with 3357 viewsR17ALE

2015/16 new kit on 13:19 - Apr 25 by 442Dale

Good point about the clash thing. Are we hoping for Colchester to be relegated? And it's strange because it was a factor mentioned in the past about having a white away shirt (the links are there!)

Amongst the disappointment felt by many about the new kits, the OS article did produce one quote which had me in stitches!

< Fabbrizio Taddei, Export Manager at Errea said: “It is a pleasure to be entering into a partnership with such a historic club as Rochdale AFC. When creating new ranges for a club with such a long history >

Just for a moment, I thought there was a wind up going on!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

2015/16 new kit on 13:45 - Apr 25 with 3337 views442Dale

2015/16 new kit on 13:40 - Apr 25 by R17ALE

Amongst the disappointment felt by many about the new kits, the OS article did produce one quote which had me in stitches!

< Fabbrizio Taddei, Export Manager at Errea said: “It is a pleasure to be entering into a partnership with such a historic club as Rochdale AFC. When creating new ranges for a club with such a long history >

Just for a moment, I thought there was a wind up going on!

And as part of that history most of our greatest moments have occurred with black as part of our home strip.

And when they haven't, we've had white shorts with a blue shirt. So why not revert to them if this is a traditional kit?

2015/16 new kit on 14:07 - Apr 25 with 3282 viewsD_Alien

In the aftermath of all this, what amazes me is that there's no mention of any involvement from our new marketing manager.

I appreciate that decisions have to be made well in advance to give the manufacturers time to prepare and make the new kit, but if I were Frances reading through this thread (and someone should point her in that direction if she's not already wise to it) I'd be tearing my hair out.

The very least they could've done was having her fronting up the article, or adding a comment by way of general introduction of the fans.

An absolute own goal by the club and it'll cost them money, the idiots.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2015 14:25]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

2015/16 new kit on 14:26 - Apr 25 with 3234 viewsPorlicks

The kit just needs a narrative.

With a small club like ours, it should be easy to relate to the fans. Give it a great story about why they made it like this, how unique it is and why you'll regret not owning one years down the line.

I'm sure the centenary kit sold well not because it was the best kit we've had but because we wanted to buy a piece of history.

This year, "It looks a bit like one of our old kits" isn't really the USP we should be going for.

Who are YOU with?

2015/16 new kit on 14:27 - Apr 25 with 3230 views442Dale

2015/16 new kit on 14:07 - Apr 25 by D_Alien

In the aftermath of all this, what amazes me is that there's no mention of any involvement from our new marketing manager.

I appreciate that decisions have to be made well in advance to give the manufacturers time to prepare and make the new kit, but if I were Frances reading through this thread (and someone should point her in that direction if she's not already wise to it) I'd be tearing my hair out.

The very least they could've done was having her fronting up the article, or adding a comment by way of general introduction of the fans.

An absolute own goal by the club and it'll cost them money, the idiots.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2015 14:25]

I followed up with the Trust earlier about a previous request for a fans meeting with the new Marketing Manager. Again I reiterated that any response to Trust members and supporters should be on their website.

2015/16 new kit on 14:27 - Apr 25 with 3219 viewsD_Alien

2015/16 new kit on 14:26 - Apr 25 by Porlicks

The kit just needs a narrative.

With a small club like ours, it should be easy to relate to the fans. Give it a great story about why they made it like this, how unique it is and why you'll regret not owning one years down the line.

I'm sure the centenary kit sold well not because it was the best kit we've had but because we wanted to buy a piece of history.

This year, "It looks a bit like one of our old kits" isn't really the USP we should be going for.

That's the very thing that our new marketing manager should be involved in. if you're not going to use her expertise in this area, why employ her in the first place?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

2015/16 new kit on 14:36 - Apr 25 with 3182 viewsShun

2015/16 new kit on 12:10 - Apr 25 by ColDale

are they training tops in the background? Not the best view obviously but they look alright with the black and white stripes on the sleeve

That tweet = "See, some people like it!"
2015/16 new kit on 14:46 - Apr 25 with 3157 viewswindowsbug

2015/16 new kit on 14:36 - Apr 25 by Shun

That tweet = "See, some people like it!"

Some people will buy anything.
Just seen one walk by.

Horrible
Login to get fewer ads

2015/16 new kit on 14:57 - Apr 25 with 3129 viewspioneer

another marketing own goal by the club that leads the league in them.

Boring looking strip that will attract no new fans and pi..es off quite a few current fans.

You would have thought the trust might have been involved, particularly given the clubs involvment in the Trust's board.

A bit of a smack in the face for us all, but particularly the trust.

Please explain Mr Garlick.
2015/16 new kit on 15:26 - Apr 25 with 3096 viewsdalefan

We'll I really like it. What's the problem? Some will like it some won't, same with every new shirt. Just because every fan hasn't been asked. Have you ever seen something designed by committee, you end up with something nobody wanted
2015/16 new kit on 15:44 - Apr 25 with 3080 viewsnordenblue

2015/16 new kit on 14:57 - Apr 25 by pioneer

another marketing own goal by the club that leads the league in them.

Boring looking strip that will attract no new fans and pi..es off quite a few current fans.

You would have thought the trust might have been involved, particularly given the clubs involvment in the Trust's board.

A bit of a smack in the face for us all, but particularly the trust.

Please explain Mr Garlick.

Please dont state the facts on here you'll have some accusing you of being negative,for the record a horrendously boring kit
2015/16 new kit on 17:30 - Apr 25 with 3006 viewsChaffRAFC

Saw it in the club shop up close and really like the home kit. Not sure on the away kit but at least it's not white and blue.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

2015/16 new kit on 17:41 - Apr 25 with 2989 viewsShun

I was hoping it was like that dress and we were just seeing it in the wrong light and the white was actually black. But after seeing it today in person, no, it's awful.
2015/16 new kit on 21:28 - Apr 25 with 2856 viewsAucklandjeff

I was looking forward to buying the kit....probably won't now? It seems everybody wanted blue/black stripes...I did? Nike/Adidas Blue/Black stripes with black shorts and blue/black socks = record sales?
2015/16 new kit on 22:22 - Apr 25 with 2803 viewszxcvbnm

Christ get a grip - it's a nice looking kit - I don't care about the black. My only complaint might be the blue is a tone too bright - The shop was heaving with fans buying it.

The majority of clubs don't give the fans any choice in design etc - Everyone whinged last season about the kit yet it sold well. Some of you are never happy.

Poll: Best loanee keeper

2015/16 new kit on 22:31 - Apr 25 with 2788 views442Dale

2015/16 new kit on 22:22 - Apr 25 by zxcvbnm

Christ get a grip - it's a nice looking kit - I don't care about the black. My only complaint might be the blue is a tone too bright - The shop was heaving with fans buying it.

The majority of clubs don't give the fans any choice in design etc - Everyone whinged last season about the kit yet it sold well. Some of you are never happy.

It's true that with kits that you'll never please everyone totally, as your own complaint illustrates. But it's possible to come up with something the majority will like.

Last year's kit was reasonably well received, apart from the stripes issue. This year's looks fine but doesn't capitalise on an opportunity with our unique colour scheme. Anything that could increase sales or make a shirt more recognisably Rochdale should be taken advantage of. Only an opinion of course.

2015/16 new kit on 22:49 - Apr 25 with 2743 viewszxcvbnm

2015/16 new kit on 22:31 - Apr 25 by 442Dale

It's true that with kits that you'll never please everyone totally, as your own complaint illustrates. But it's possible to come up with something the majority will like.

Last year's kit was reasonably well received, apart from the stripes issue. This year's looks fine but doesn't capitalise on an opportunity with our unique colour scheme. Anything that could increase sales or make a shirt more recognisably Rochdale should be taken advantage of. Only an opinion of course.

I think you forget about last season - it was slated, just like this. Unique colour scheme? I don't see it - we had blue and black stripes for a few seasons but traditionally it's blue. The kit will sell and sell well. The errea leisure wear looks a lot better than the fila does. .

The black and blue stripes were criticised when they first came out but as you say its all opinions. WBA fans criticised the kit for this season - yet it's bought.

Poll: Best loanee keeper

2015/16 new kit on 23:18 - Apr 25 with 2717 views442Dale

2015/16 new kit on 22:49 - Apr 25 by zxcvbnm

I think you forget about last season - it was slated, just like this. Unique colour scheme? I don't see it - we had blue and black stripes for a few seasons but traditionally it's blue. The kit will sell and sell well. The errea leisure wear looks a lot better than the fila does. .

The black and blue stripes were criticised when they first came out but as you say its all opinions. WBA fans criticised the kit for this season - yet it's bought.

I posted the mixed reaction from last season the other day: http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/112041/fao-442/#71

Traditionally it's actually blue with white shorts but uniquely we had blue/black, for some reason this has been dropped this year. If we're looking at all blue as a 'traditional' kit, we've worn it between '88-'93 and '98-'07.

How many shirts have West Brom sold this season compared to previous years?

2015/16 new kit on 06:33 - Apr 26 with 2609 viewsdownunder

The majority do not like the new kit.
To sum up, the new kit is Dire, Errea!
2015/16 new kit on 08:32 - Apr 26 with 2565 viewsAtThePeake

2015/16 new kit on 23:18 - Apr 25 by 442Dale

I posted the mixed reaction from last season the other day: http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/112041/fao-442/#71

Traditionally it's actually blue with white shorts but uniquely we had blue/black, for some reason this has been dropped this year. If we're looking at all blue as a 'traditional' kit, we've worn it between '88-'93 and '98-'07.

How many shirts have West Brom sold this season compared to previous years?

Worth mentioning that we switched to blue/black because the fans voted for blue/black over black/white and blue/white.

Tangled up in blue.

2015/16 new kit on 10:01 - Apr 26 with 2498 viewsfunkkk

Having not been at the game yesterday it would be nice to see some more pictures of the kit, shame the online club shop is completely empty...
2015/16 new kit on 10:10 - Apr 26 with 2459 viewsSaxonDale

2015/16 new kit on 10:01 - Apr 26 by funkkk

Having not been at the game yesterday it would be nice to see some more pictures of the kit, shame the online club shop is completely empty...

To be fair so was the actual club shop! Think I was wearing more clothes than they had stocked. Really, really underwhrlming.
2015/16 new kit on 10:16 - Apr 26 with 2450 viewsrobbowood

2015/16 new kit on 06:33 - Apr 26 by downunder

The majority do not like the new kit.
To sum up, the new kit is Dire, Errea!

Well I like it even if you don't and you are entitled to your opinion. Nobody is making you buy the shirt if you don't want to

I was in the shop yesterday before the game and I saw nothing to justify your comment 'The majority who do not like the new kit'

I think we need a poll on the forum to find out (even though the forum is only a small % of opinion of Dale fans in any case)
2015/16 new kit on 10:25 - Apr 26 with 2430 views442Dale

2015/16 new kit on 10:16 - Apr 26 by robbowood

Well I like it even if you don't and you are entitled to your opinion. Nobody is making you buy the shirt if you don't want to

I was in the shop yesterday before the game and I saw nothing to justify your comment 'The majority who do not like the new kit'

I think we need a poll on the forum to find out (even though the forum is only a small % of opinion of Dale fans in any case)

There is a poll about what kit design fans would prefer lower down the board. Will bump that up.

However, once there are more images available and it's available to buy in the online shop (presumably Monday), I'll be happy to stick another one up to rate the new kits specifically.

This information can then be used going forward, should the club wish. Though it is only a small percentage of supporters, as you said, it at least gives an indication of how the fanbase is thinking.

2015/16 new kit on 10:35 - Apr 26 with 2396 viewsKenBoon

The fans were responsible for the infamous 'Dale til I die' shirt, so democracy when it comes to selecting kits isn't the best idea. The REAL issue with kits is they now change every year. It's just another way for clubs to cash in on the good old loyal supporter.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024