Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brilliant Brilliant Season 17:15 - Apr 25 with 8473 viewsSwissdale

Ok, so it's finally over for us in terms of a playoff spot, but what a great season it's been. We have (at least) equalled our highest ever league position, reached the fourth round of the FA Cup, and scored a phenomenal amount of goals.

Sign a keeper, a centre half and a forward / left winger for next season and we have the chance to do even better.
Brilliant Brilliant Season on 17:17 - Apr 25 with 7204 viewsgresh1

Agreed.
Brilliant Brilliant Season on 17:24 - Apr 25 with 7151 viewsYouTubeDale

We battled hard today. If only Camps could have converted his relatively easy chance in front of goal, but he fluffed his lines.

They were clinical in front of goal and that was the difference.

Glad Hendo kept his goal tally up and hope he gets that golden boot.

In the end we just fell short.

But hey-ho, a fantastic season and I am so proud to be a Dale fan. Awards evening here we come !!!

Up the Dale !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Brilliant Brilliant Season on 17:25 - Apr 25 with 7143 views442Dale

Great effort today. They were very good going forward but a really cynical side with timewasting galore.

Don't understand why we dropped our own keeper after a clean sheet for one who isn't any better and whose distribution is much worse, nor does leaving our best defender this season on the bench unless there was an injury issue. However, it shouldn't detract from the fact we gave it a real go and but for Camps missing that sitter and Henderson's cross not leading to a goal in the second half, it could have been different.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Brilliant Brilliant Season on 17:37 - Apr 25 with 7063 viewsShun

Quite a good game. We played well and certainly didn't deserve to lose. Really really looking forward to next season.
Brilliant Brilliant Season on 18:07 - Apr 25 with 6924 viewsD_Alien

Brilliant Brilliant Season on 17:37 - Apr 25 by Shun

Quite a good game. We played well and certainly didn't deserve to lose. Really really looking forward to next season.

I'd say better than quite good - a cracking game with a good atmosphere from the stands (not really spoilt by MK's cynicism) and the manager & squad being applauded at the end.

MK - when not play acting and knocking the ball away - were the best footballing side I've seen in L1 this year and the game was a credit to the third tier. Fine margins made the difference - their finishing and a less than impressive performance by Jones. Who knows why he was selected ahead of Lillis?

I had Jamie Allen marginally ahead of Cannon for MoM before he went off, but overall Cannon deserved it. Andrew impressed again but RNL was a waste of a substitution.

As the OP says, we'll at least equal our highest ever finish in the modern football league. And to think, all of this without a recognised striker! If we can find one and add a reliable keeper plus left-sided CB we'll be pushing even harder next season. Having said that, TK was outstanding today. A defeat, but didn't feel like it and the 2 points we took off MK at their place has cost them dearly.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Brilliant Brilliant Season on 19:12 - Apr 25 with 6719 viewsDomDale

Fantastic season and flown by (time flies when you're having fun eh!).
I really believe we'll be in a similar position next season. I cannot see the teams coming down or up challenging for the top 6. Think a few additions, a Logan here and a Dagnall there and we'll do very well next season.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Brilliant Brilliant Season on 19:23 - Apr 25 with 6677 viewsDickydaler

Hilly sounded pretty fed up on GMR after the match. Understandable, but I thought he was being a bit harsh on some of his players, considering the enormity of the match, with his comments of them making silly mistakes and threats of 'if some of them don't grow up they won't be with us next season'. He also said that he is going on holiday on Monday and that Beech and BBM can sort things out next Saturday. Disappointing reaction for me.
Brilliant Brilliant Season on 19:28 - Apr 25 with 6637 viewsD_Alien

Brilliant Brilliant Season on 19:23 - Apr 25 by Dickydaler

Hilly sounded pretty fed up on GMR after the match. Understandable, but I thought he was being a bit harsh on some of his players, considering the enormity of the match, with his comments of them making silly mistakes and threats of 'if some of them don't grow up they won't be with us next season'. He also said that he is going on holiday on Monday and that Beech and BBM can sort things out next Saturday. Disappointing reaction for me.

Just as well we didn't win today, eh?

Login to get fewer ads

Brilliant Brilliant Season on 19:50 - Apr 25 with 6563 viewsdingdangblue

Brilliant Brilliant Season on 19:23 - Apr 25 by Dickydaler

He's probably miffed that the 2 unexpected starters he picked (Camps and Jones) ultimately cost us the points.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Brilliant Brilliant Season on 20:01 - Apr 25 with 6513 viewsD_Alien

Brilliant Brilliant Season on 19:50 - Apr 25 by dingdangblue

He's probably miffed that the 2 unexpected starters he picked (Camps and Jones) ultimately cost us the points.

Ah well, he'll no doubt be picking spotted dick for starters somewhere hot next week.

[Post edited 25 Apr 2015 20:03]

Brilliant Brilliant Season on 20:03 - Apr 25 with 6488 viewsKenBoon

I'm very proud of them lads. We've done terrific all season. Special respect to the management team, who've often had to do mini rebuilds of the team, and still delivered a great League finish and a Cup run.
Brilliant Brilliant Season on 20:55 - Apr 25 with 6351 viewsfrenzied

Dale have done far better than I expected..the summer will as usual bring changes...surely a bid will come in for Hendo and Peter V..prob just before the new season starts..we need another keeper altho ive no issues with Lillis,.
This season has seen 3 or 4 sides who are some distance ahead of the rest in terms of Bristol City ,MK and Preston,looking at the new arrivals in league one for next season I don't see the same dominant forces.
Lets hope we can recruit some quality players in key positions in the summer,

Well done Dale ..a great season !!!
Brilliant Brilliant Season on 20:57 - Apr 25 with 6345 viewsBeckWMG

Strange comment about Camps and Jones costing us the points. Cannon and Tanser both inexplicably trying the beat players instead of clearing cost us the game. That's what KH is on about when he says players need to grow up fast.

Camps has all the tricks in the warm up but then fluffed his lines when it was easier to score.

But they will learn and be better players for it next season.

I just wish KH would have been braver from the start. They couldn't handle us when we played 3 upfront with two off Andrew.

Bodes well for next season.

UP THE DALE
Brilliant Brilliant Season on 21:25 - Apr 25 with 6265 views442Dale

Brilliant Brilliant Season on 20:57 - Apr 25 by BeckWMG

Strange comment about Camps and Jones costing us the points. Cannon and Tanser both inexplicably trying the beat players instead of clearing cost us the game. That's what KH is on about when he says players need to grow up fast.

Camps has all the tricks in the warm up but then fluffed his lines when it was easier to score.

But they will learn and be better players for it next season.

I just wish KH would have been braver from the start. They couldn't handle us when we played 3 upfront with two off Andrew.

Bodes well for next season.

UP THE DALE

It's not just young players though, Lancashire has made mistakes and looked half the player he was last season and was chosen ahead of Eastham. Kennedy made errors in both the Swindon and Gillingham games, so not sure why the focus on the errors today by players today and the need to mention it to the media.

Brilliant Brilliant Season on 21:29 - Apr 25 with 6252 viewsD_Alien

Brilliant Brilliant Season on 21:25 - Apr 25 by 442Dale

It's not just young players though, Lancashire has made mistakes and looked half the player he was last season and was chosen ahead of Eastham. Kennedy made errors in both the Swindon and Gillingham games, so not sure why the focus on the errors today by players today and the need to mention it to the media.

Aye, that puts to bed those claims that his media utterances are designed to protect the players

No doubt someone will be along trying to rationalise what he said in positive terms

Brilliant Brilliant Season on 22:24 - Apr 25 with 6156 views442Dale

Brilliant Brilliant Season on 21:29 - Apr 25 by D_Alien

Aye, that puts to bed those claims that his media utterances are designed to protect the players

No doubt someone will be along trying to rationalise what he said in positive terms

After such a good season, one which supporters are rightly praising, it was an interview that illustrated that maybe the manager's expectations of the players are higher than our's.

He could read this http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/hill-itll-be-a-very-difficult-game-236

Coupled with the bit about not going to Barnsley, whether that happens or not, it's unnecessary and can create negativity when the fanbase is extremely positive about what has happened out on the pitch.

Brilliant Brilliant Season on 09:00 - Apr 26 with 5924 viewsRalphs12

Perhaps hill is saying to the players, don't take your foot of he gas in the summer.... Just like when Holness came back from preseason a new player having worked tirelessly to get into shape... "Go again next season"

Hill knows what he's saying will have an effect with the players, he works with them everyday.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2015 9:05]
Brilliant Brilliant Season on 09:17 - Apr 26 with 5871 viewsdalestar

Are you sure? Can you just remind me which of the 3 Goals camps gave away possession too easily in the build up to?? Or did those mistakes have no bearing on the result??
Brilliant Brilliant Season on 09:34 - Apr 26 with 5823 views442Dale

Brilliant Brilliant Season on 09:17 - Apr 26 by dalestar

Are you sure? Can you just remind me which of the 3 Goals camps gave away possession too easily in the build up to?? Or did those mistakes have no bearing on the result??

Yeah, the mistakes at the back were what cost us, but neither Jones or Camps will have been happy with their contributions. That miss from Camps was a real turning point.

Brilliant Brilliant Season on 10:27 - Apr 26 with 5704 viewsdingdangblue

Yes I'm sure that the difference between Camps scoring that open goal chance from 6 yards out on 25 mins and Mk Dons scoring their 2nd a couple of minutes later was monumental. The difference between 'game on' and 'game over'.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Brilliant Brilliant Season on 15:39 - Apr 26 with 5491 viewsRoChDaLe

To say we'll finish at the worst this season 9th and we've heavily experimented with Youngsters i'm very optimistic for next season. My gut feeling is that teams will come calling for Bennett and Hendo but if we ward off the interest and secure them for another season i genuinely feel we could once again chase a play-off position. The main thing is that the youngsters will of learnt a lot this year and next year will be better off from this. If we get the same back 4/5 each week for most of the season i think this will cut out the silly errors that have started to creep into our game e.g. yesterday Cannon not clearing the ball for the first goal. I'd probably be in the market for another keeper, hopefully Logan, also i'd be after another striker who can offer something a little bit different but decent strikers come at a cost which we don't necessarily have. Onwards and upwards next year with Joel Logan featuring much more out wide as he looks a good prospect!

Edit: oh and also i think that this Jones fella in net offers absolutely nothing. Got beat at his front post twice yesterday more so the 3rd one rather than the 2nd. Don't understand why we're spending a wage on him when we have Lillis who is just as good if not better.

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Brilliant Brilliant Season on 11:14 - Apr 27 with 5286 viewsDaleiLama

Agree with OP - there've been many highs and lows but the accomplishment should never be underestimated. We really aren't that far off the top sides in L1 at all. I don't go to all or even most of the games like a lot on here, but latterly against PNE and Fleetwood away and MK Dons and Swindon at home, we were not disgraced by any means (4-2 flattered Swindon more than a little I felt).
At the end of the day though, we conceded too many goals and lost too many games. Only 12th placed Gillingham (in the top half) have conceded more goals than we have and this, imho, was our progress blocker this season. Our 72 goal haul has been outstanding - only bettered by 4 clubs to date (and I think it's fair to say we haven't been clinical in putting all our chances away either)! We certainly need to tighten up at the back though next year as top priority if we are to advance to the next level. I have every confidence that this will happen (especially after KH's recent outbursts!)
[Post edited 27 Apr 2015 11:35]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Brilliant Brilliant Season on 15:28 - Apr 27 with 5149 viewssweetcorn

Callum pls stop posting.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Brilliant Brilliant Season on 15:31 - Apr 27 with 5142 viewsColDale

are we guaranteed to be one of the big seeded teams in the League Cup next year now?
Brilliant Brilliant Season on 16:25 - Apr 27 with 5092 viewsdalestar

Brilliant Brilliant Season on 15:28 - Apr 27 by sweetcorn

Callum pls stop posting.

I've posted on here who I am a while back,do you honestly think Callum would waste time on here??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024