Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
baldric 10:49 - Apr 27 with 1381 views1949er

;i have a cunning plan,; said Keith Baldric.;to beat MK dons.; iwill play my two most experienced players on the bench,anplay my four youngest players instead .and as amaster stroke play my best left back at centre half.after 45 minutes the plan was not working, so shortly into the second half i will introduce the mighty Calvin,RLN and the one they call Joe[flamingo legs] Bunney. result,two goals, could have been more.conclusion, play to win a game from the start and not wait until we are losing.possibility, unlikely roll on next season.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

baldric on 11:07 - Apr 27 with 1342 viewsfitzochris

While the omission of Eastham was slightly odd, and Jones came in for Lillis, there wasn’t too much wrong with the starting line-up.

Cannon, who was guilty, should have started. Bennett, who practically guided Powell by the hand into the box, should also have started. These mistakes happen.

Yes, Camps missed a sitter, and he’ll be gutted with that for weeks to come I reckon, but Hilly puts faith in these young players for a reason — they’re the future of this club and they need to play in big games.

Yes, our counter attacks worked better once Calvin came on (two good goals from quick breaks), but the removal of Allen saw our midfield disappear in my opinion, so it wasn’t as if we suddenly dominated MK Dons.

Hilly clearly picked that team with a very definite plan in mind. He was clearly annoyed that individual errors cost us goals, but that’s football. Let’s not start implying he picks the starting XI out of a hat. Let’s not forget MK Dons are a good side too, despite their game-killing antics.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

baldric on 11:19 - Apr 27 with 1317 viewsSuddenLad

These young players can only gain valuable experience by playing in the first team. Inevitably, inexperience will show from time to time, but this season, the team have been magnificent to a man.

To be in with a shout of the play-offs going into the 45 th game is a fantastic achievement and despite being disappointed after the MK Dons game, they can all take a bow for their contribution.

Roll on August.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

baldric on 11:26 - Apr 27 with 1307 viewsYorkshire_Dale

I really think that everyone went home very happy on Saturday.......the rousing final few minutes with MK seriously under pressure and Dale playing great attacking football ensured that the season finale was well received by one and all.
baldric on 13:24 - Apr 27 with 1130 views_dezzy

The thing with these youngsters, Was they was supposed to gain experience in L2 this year, but we surpassed all expectations and went up. So all of a sudden they was thrown in at the deep end so to speak,

Credit to the young players that's have played all this season, I don't think any of them have let the team down,
One thing for sure if we can keep them the future is bright at the moment .

KHBA

baldric on 15:35 - Apr 27 with 1008 viewsColDale

baldric on 13:24 - Apr 27 by _dezzy

The thing with these youngsters, Was they was supposed to gain experience in L2 this year, but we surpassed all expectations and went up. So all of a sudden they was thrown in at the deep end so to speak,

Credit to the young players that's have played all this season, I don't think any of them have let the team down,
One thing for sure if we can keep them the future is bright at the moment .

Sunday's team

Diba
Cannon Rafferty BBM Tanser
Camps Allen Hooper
Logan Hasler-Cregg
Bell
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024