Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New kits around the league 16:38 - Apr 29 with 66912 views442Dale

Any that appear over the next few weeks, stick them in this thread.

Starting with Bradford's. It's certainly different....

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New kits around the league on 21:24 - Jun 12 with 8408 viewsD_Alien

New kits around the league on 20:53 - Jun 12 by 442Dale

Was on my way to watch Jurassic World earlier, so a bit more time for some context now I've digested some excellent Raptor-based character development...

Wolves have had a sky blue kit before (see below), but where they got it so very wrong this time was not following the lessons learnt in the past. Using that Puma template means there is no third colour and hence we correctly see Coventry comparisons, yet in the past the trim contained old gold and you have a Wolves away kit that includes the club's colours. It's a bit like how our away strip in 13/14 wouldn't have looked as much like a Bury kit if it had included some black trim (and how both this season's kits need that third colour to make them uniquely Dale).
D_Alien: 300 words on why Crawley's kits don't work by Monday please.

Is that Monday 15th June 2165? Done.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New kits around the league on 10:35 - Jun 13 with 8279 viewsColDale

this kit is worse than relegation to non league. George would describe it as being dog shít without anyone complaining

This post has been edited by an administrator
New kits around the league on 19:05 - Jun 13 with 8145 views442Dale

Honestly don't mind that Tranmere kit as they're trying to recreate the blue & green trim thing they've had in the past. Would have been better with two stripes. The alternate coloured stripes on Carbrini/JD shorts this season is a great touch.

Today's analysis definitely continues on the white theme...

Derby:

The diamond shadow print and detailing illustrate how a white shirt can be made to look anything but too plain.

Preston:

The check shadow print and lack of detailing after having trimless (inventing words now) shirts the two previous seasons illustrate how a white shirt can be too plain for too long. Do they actually want to sell any?

New kits around the league on 11:07 - Jun 14 with 8026 viewsRosun

New kits around the league on 19:05 - Jun 13 by 442Dale

Honestly don't mind that Tranmere kit as they're trying to recreate the blue & green trim thing they've had in the past. Would have been better with two stripes. The alternate coloured stripes on Carbrini/JD shorts this season is a great touch.

Today's analysis definitely continues on the white theme...

Derby:

The diamond shadow print and detailing illustrate how a white shirt can be made to look anything but too plain.

Preston:

The check shadow print and lack of detailing after having trimless (inventing words now) shirts the two previous seasons illustrate how a white shirt can be too plain for too long. Do they actually want to sell any?

... and that scruffy Preston player has only got one arm.
New kits around the league on 18:33 - Jun 15 with 7885 views442Dale

Burnley:

Using a blue stripe on that rubbish template with a terrible collar doesn't make up for the lack of blue sleeves. Blue shorts aren't right either, but at least the white socks are back. It'd be a perfectly acceptable combination if they were wearing change shorts somewhere, but this is messing about a bit too much.

New kits around the league on 22:26 - Jun 15 with 7796 viewsTVOS1907

Arsenal

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

New kits around the league on 09:18 - Jun 19 with 7665 viewsfitzochris

Cardiff.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

New kits around the league on 13:25 - Jun 19 with 7599 views442Dale

New kits around the league on 09:18 - Jun 19 by fitzochris

Cardiff.

Cardiff fans will be pleased to know Halifax released this as their new kit recently. It's a nice template though and as Cardiff have had slightly darker blue shirts before it works quite well for them to combine the two tones.

Login to get fewer ads

New kits around the league on 22:24 - Jun 19 with 7500 viewsTVOS1907

Th'Hammers

New kits around the league on 22:26 - Jun 19 with 7495 views442Dale

New kits around the league on 22:24 - Jun 19 by TVOS1907

Th'Hammers

One of the best kits seen so far. Notice how the hoop on the socks mirrors the one on the shirt.

#subliminaldetails

New kits around the league on 14:11 - Jun 20 with 7392 viewsTVOS1907

Swansea away

New kits around the league on 14:26 - Jun 20 with 7383 views442Dale

New kits around the league on 14:11 - Jun 20 by TVOS1907

Swansea away

Sort of outfit a Sunday team would choose to avoid clashes.

We had a navy & gold hooped shirt for that very reason, as worn by future Dale stars.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2015 14:26]

New kits around the league on 14:10 - Jun 22 with 7152 viewsfitzochris

Not a new kit, but a new mascot. Someone at Partick Thistle thought this would be a good idea. Cue 'What the f*cking hell is that?' chants aplenty.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

New kits around the league on 17:25 - Jun 22 with 7095 viewsColDale

New kits around the league on 14:10 - Jun 22 by fitzochris

Not a new kit, but a new mascot. Someone at Partick Thistle thought this would be a good idea. Cue 'What the f*cking hell is that?' chants aplenty.

New kits around the league on 17:59 - Jun 22 with 7065 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Got it Col!
New kits around the league on 16:03 - Jun 24 with 6830 viewsBartRowou

New Nottinghamshire Forest home kit.
Looks a bit regal/Portugese:

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

New kits around the league on 16:28 - Jun 24 with 6801 views442Dale

Good alternative use of a basic Adidas template by the former European Champions. If they'd have had the same shirt with white instead of gold they'd probably not sell anywhere near as many as it'd look so much like those that have gone before. Now they can go back to that look next season (with pinstripes) and it'll seem fresh. Sometimes getting a kit right one season is with a view to getting it right next time. Much like our plain blue & black last time around could have been followed up by going back to stripes this summer to much fanfare.

New kits around the league on 00:01 - Jun 29 with 6592 viewsShun

Absolutely love that Forest one.

Here's Bolton's...

New kits around the league on 18:49 - Jun 29 with 6468 views442Dale

Can't make my mind up about that Bolton effort. Suppose it's at least trying something different, but it does look slightly bizarre.

Anyway, want an example of how picking a kit from the catalogue can work really well? Coventry's return to their 1987 Cup winning kit. Terrific.

New kits around the league on 19:59 - Jun 30 with 6328 viewsblackpoolcol

Morecambe's new striped kit

With my little stick of Blackpool Rock, along the promenade I'll stroll

New kits around the league on 20:19 - Jun 30 with 6303 viewsTVOS1907

New kits around the league on 19:59 - Jun 30 by blackpoolcol

Morecambe's new striped kit

Presumably they will let AC Milan fans into the bar?

New kits around the league on 20:20 - Jun 30 with 6298 views442Dale

Full range:

The away kit with sash is brilliant, but it irritates when clubs then go off at random tangents like they have with the third kit. If that had been yellow with black trim it follows on a consistent approach and doesn't add too many colours to a club's kit theme. Five should be a maximum, four is preferred*

I also like the inclusion of the alternate shorts, people at least know clashes have been thought about. For example if Bury return to blue shorts next season and we have these new white socks, are we wearing blue shirts with black shorts & socks next season? Are the away socks even black?!

That all said, it's a good job we aren't back in blue&black stripes, because if Morecambe visited us in a cup all three of their shirts would clash.

*Barcelona's new away shirt has FIVE colours on it. Crazy.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2015 21:17]

New kits around the league on 21:17 - Jun 30 with 6253 viewsTVOS1907

New kits around the league on 20:20 - Jun 30 by 442Dale

Full range:

The away kit with sash is brilliant, but it irritates when clubs then go off at random tangents like they have with the third kit. If that had been yellow with black trim it follows on a consistent approach and doesn't add too many colours to a club's kit theme. Five should be a maximum, four is preferred*

I also like the inclusion of the alternate shorts, people at least know clashes have been thought about. For example if Bury return to blue shorts next season and we have these new white socks, are we wearing blue shirts with black shorts & socks next season? Are the away socks even black?!

That all said, it's a good job we aren't back in blue&black stripes, because if Morecambe visited us in a cup all three of their shirts would clash.

*Barcelona's new away shirt has FIVE colours on it. Crazy.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2015 21:17]

Cba looking through League 2, but is there a reason for Morecambe having three kits?

And we'd probably change to white if Morecambe came to us.

New kits around the league on 21:40 - Jun 30 with 6232 views442Dale

New kits around the league on 21:17 - Jun 30 by TVOS1907

Cba looking through League 2, but is there a reason for Morecambe having three kits?

And we'd probably change to white if Morecambe came to us.

Crawley have that red & black halved design by Puma. And their away kit is black so they'll need a third kit for the trip to the Globe Arena.

New kits around the league on 14:33 - Jul 1 with 6137 views442Dale

West Brom:

The introduction of the red trim that's in the same shade as the away kit is a nice touch. Craig Dawson looks like he's forgotten to tidy his bedroom.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024