Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? 06:38 - May 23 with 6867 viewsmikehunt

Let's face it, we waited all season for them to fall on their backsides - which so nearly happened. Yet it seems their sh1t or bust approach has paid off. And having worked once I fear more sh1t will be be tossed around. And if they come good again.....? The prospect sickens me.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 10:20 - May 23 with 5542 viewsleonardrafc

Fingers crossed they do a Stockport.
Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 10:22 - May 23 with 5538 viewsmilly

L2 was strange this season.Many a season passed would have seen Bury,wycombe or Southend winning the league with their points total.Hard to believe that 84 points would only be enough for a play off.
Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 10:26 - May 23 with 5515 viewsSuddenLad

The problem at Giggle is that their strategy is not SUSTAINABLE. When it catches up with them, they will be in serious financial trouble because they will have nowhere to go for more money. Except selling what they still have.

He who waits..............

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 10:45 - May 23 with 5478 views442Dale

Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 10:22 - May 23 by milly

L2 was strange this season.Many a season passed would have seen Bury,wycombe or Southend winning the league with their points total.Hard to believe that 84 points would only be enough for a play off.

Yeah, but we'd agree Bury should have won it anyway, right? With the squad they assembled, promotion was the least they should expect.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 10:58 - May 23 with 5461 viewsmilly

I agree,so maybe its down to the Manager?I have always said that no matter how much a team spends on players,that club still needs a decent manager in charge.Sure he made mistakes,all managers do but,did he make them regular enough to cost them the title or,was it a case of 2 other teams who were consistent throughout the season.
Now im in my mid 40's,i like to see all local teams doing well and hold no grudge to any.
Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 11:12 - May 23 with 5410 views442Dale

Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 10:58 - May 23 by milly

I agree,so maybe its down to the Manager?I have always said that no matter how much a team spends on players,that club still needs a decent manager in charge.Sure he made mistakes,all managers do but,did he make them regular enough to cost them the title or,was it a case of 2 other teams who were consistent throughout the season.
Now im in my mid 40's,i like to see all local teams doing well and hold no grudge to any.

Not too fussed about disliking Bury, but surely when they do swap keepers every week, produce a pitch that refuses to drain very well and have some fans (only some) who come on here going on about attendances, it's reasonably amusing?

Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 11:25 - May 23 with 5375 viewsmilly

Seems like im the only one who would like to see PNE promoted.Yes,i know it will affect our average attendance next season but,like i say,i like to see all North West clubs doing well.Obviously,wont lose any sleep about it if they dont go up.
Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 14:21 - May 23 with 5182 viewsgigger

You boring bunch of rats!!!

JOHNNY'S HOME

What's happened to kel ???

Login to get fewer ads

Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 14:32 - May 23 with 5159 viewsTVOS1907

Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 11:12 - May 23 by 442Dale

Not too fussed about disliking Bury, but surely when they do swap keepers every week, produce a pitch that refuses to drain very well and have some fans (only some) who come on here going on about attendances, it's reasonably amusing?

Whatever happened to PaleDale?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 14:54 - May 23 with 5123 viewsolympicdale

Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 10:26 - May 23 by SuddenLad

The problem at Giggle is that their strategy is not SUSTAINABLE. When it catches up with them, they will be in serious financial trouble because they will have nowhere to go for more money. Except selling what they still have.

He who waits..............

Like many a club, its all or nothing, and when you've got a chairman who thinks he's in charge at Real Madrid instead of bury, you're on a hiding to nothing long term, but hey, i'm sure they'll enjoy the ride..

Life is a game of fate.

Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 18:56 - May 23 with 4961 viewsdingdangblue

My wife was given a free bury times today while she was out in bury. Big article on the back page. They made a 1.6 million loss last year. Stewart Day has used a 3.2 million credit facility to fund running the club. He then goes to say "That's my investment. That's my money I'm putting into the club"! You would think they would have learned from that mistake but it seems not.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 19:05 - May 23 with 4944 views442Dale

Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 18:56 - May 23 by dingdangblue

My wife was given a free bury times today while she was out in bury. Big article on the back page. They made a 1.6 million loss last year. Stewart Day has used a 3.2 million credit facility to fund running the club. He then goes to say "That's my investment. That's my money I'm putting into the club"! You would think they would have learned from that mistake but it seems not.

http://www.burytimes.co.uk/sport/12963875.Stewart_Day__Bury_will_not_be_followin

Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 19:41 - May 23 with 4897 viewsmightydale

Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 19:05 - May 23 by 442Dale

http://www.burytimes.co.uk/sport/12963875.Stewart_Day__Bury_will_not_be_followin

thought peel group where the money men

bet no bury fan comments on this thread
[Post edited 23 May 2015 19:42]

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 23:07 - May 23 with 4718 viewsPDIDDY

Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 19:41 - May 23 by mightydale

thought peel group where the money men

bet no bury fan comments on this thread
[Post edited 23 May 2015 19:42]

I know SD do you really think he's the only fella involved? Just this week he's done a 2 million quid deal to build houses and renovate a manor house in the brierfield area, 2 yrs now at gigg. You really haven't a clue what and who are involved.... NB NB :-)

Gissa job

Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 00:15 - May 24 with 4676 viewsKenBoon

You've gone from "the edge of the Premier league" to doing an AFC Bournemouth. No pressure, Buckets. Europa League in 6 years.
Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 00:47 - May 24 with 4657 viewsSandyman

Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 00:15 - May 24 by KenBoon

You've gone from "the edge of the Premier league" to doing an AFC Bournemouth. No pressure, Buckets. Europa League in 6 years.

Invisible finance always catches up. Mongs don't get that. They'll be out with the begging buckets / excuses in good time.
Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 09:07 - May 24 with 4538 viewsPRINCE2356

According to the Sun newspaper:

Bury are planning a £200,000 bid for Gary Roberts of Chesterfield.
Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 09:08 - May 24 with 4537 viewsAtThePeake

Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 19:05 - May 23 by 442Dale

He wants to build a 'sustainable business' but he's lost almost £5m in the first full year?

Tangled up in blue.

Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 09:56 - May 24 with 4492 viewsfitzochris

Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 09:07 - May 24 by PRINCE2356

According to the Sun newspaper:

Bury are planning a £200,000 bid for Gary Roberts of Chesterfield.

He's allegedly Portsmouth bound. At least they're a club that has the attendance to justify such a transfer fee (and he'll be worth more than £200k surely?)

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 10:08 - May 24 with 4472 viewsAtThePeake

Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 09:56 - May 24 by fitzochris

He's allegedly Portsmouth bound. At least they're a club that has the attendance to justify such a transfer fee (and he'll be worth more than £200k surely?)

He's 31 now. A lot of money for a 31 year old.

Tangled up in blue.

Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 10:11 - May 24 with 4469 viewsfitzochris

Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 10:08 - May 24 by AtThePeake

He's 31 now. A lot of money for a 31 year old.

He's a goal-scoring winger that would be a tremendous loss to Chesterfield. His value is relative.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 11:31 - May 24 with 4377 viewsdingdangblue

Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 23:07 - May 23 by PDIDDY

I know SD do you really think he's the only fella involved? Just this week he's done a 2 million quid deal to build houses and renovate a manor house in the brierfield area, 2 yrs now at gigg. You really haven't a clue what and who are involved.... NB NB :-)

Loans secured against Gigg Lane so Day will be fine whatever happens - its all risk free for him.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 15:49 - May 24 with 4259 viewsshake_it_all_about

Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 11:31 - May 24 by dingdangblue

Loans secured against Gigg Lane so Day will be fine whatever happens - its all risk free for him.

No one really knows the full story but believe me there are a lot of Shakers who are worried by it, it's not sustainable but hopefully a few of the younger players (Cameron, Mayor, Rose & Hope) will all come good next season and net us some healthy transfer fees. I'd hope that this is the plan, medium/long term they are investing quite a bit in the youth set up so hopefully this will come to fruition. We need to cut our cloth accordingly and sell up when the time is right (as you did with Hogan) and hopefully this is what they will do.
Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 15:57 - May 24 with 4236 viewsSJE_Dale

I'm not quite sure how becoming a sustainable business correlates so well with being successful on the pitch. Pumping money in the club like that surely isn't sustainable. Surely what's sustainable is creating money around the club that will be a constant stream of income. Something which Bury aren't really doing, they're just spending money which isn't theirs.
Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 16:09 - May 24 with 4215 viewsTVOS1907

Did bury Have The Last Giggle After All? on 15:49 - May 24 by shake_it_all_about

No one really knows the full story but believe me there are a lot of Shakers who are worried by it, it's not sustainable but hopefully a few of the younger players (Cameron, Mayor, Rose & Hope) will all come good next season and net us some healthy transfer fees. I'd hope that this is the plan, medium/long term they are investing quite a bit in the youth set up so hopefully this will come to fruition. We need to cut our cloth accordingly and sell up when the time is right (as you did with Hogan) and hopefully this is what they will do.

The word 'hope' appears a lot in there.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024