Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sponsor a Goal 12:05 - May 31 with 9840 viewsdilleydaler

Just got the letter from Peter Woodhouse, asking me for a cheque and to confirm whether I want to sponsor a goal again next season.

Funnily it's the same letter as last year, a single sheet of A4, no club crest, plain text, riddled with typos. It's the kind of thing you would have got from Sunday school, inviting you to the 1974 garden party.

Staggeringly it, doesn't even have a return address! Yet, it states that "off-the-field income is very important to the club." Obviously not important enough to give you a return address, or an alternative means of payment, I think the last time I wrote a cheque was for this last year.

The thing that's most amazing is that I made the suggestion the form was improved when I returned it last year. So sum total of improvement "off-the-field" = zilch.

Bloody Rubbish
Sponsor a Goal on 12:16 - May 31 with 7669 viewsDalenet

It is the same with the summer draw. All a bit amateurish. I was sent two lots last year so advised the shop of this when handed in. Guess what - I got 2 lots this year

I have just received a set of summer draw tickets for a charity I support. They include a sheet of pre-printed labels with my name and address on them. That way if I don't want to sell the draw tickets I can buy them and simply put the labels on the stubs. Takes 2 minutes. With ours you have to handwrite each ticket out. It would costs pennies to do this and yet would massively increase sales by fans

I do think we need to come into the 20th century soon. Hopefully the new marketing lass will get a grip
Sponsor a Goal on 12:33 - May 31 with 7632 views442Dale

Why just send them out to people who sponsor goals already? Surely a page full of 50-100 names in the programme would be the aim.

Something on the OS or an email out to fans on the database may bring in a few more quid.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Sponsor a Goal on 12:48 - May 31 with 7592 views442Dale

In fact here's an idea, how about we as a messageboard take part in this? Thinking 10p a goal per person which would mean £6-£7 each or as much as £8 if we go straight up... Not a massive outlay but if we get enough of us doing it, the club will benefit quite a bit.

Have to keep it simple and I'll need to establish GENUINE interest first. It will mean people being able to pay up at the last home game of the season in the Dale Bar.

Stick your interest in this thread please.

Sponsor a Goal on 12:57 - May 31 with 7572 viewsSuddenLad

Sponsor a Goal on 12:16 - May 31 by Dalenet

It is the same with the summer draw. All a bit amateurish. I was sent two lots last year so advised the shop of this when handed in. Guess what - I got 2 lots this year

I have just received a set of summer draw tickets for a charity I support. They include a sheet of pre-printed labels with my name and address on them. That way if I don't want to sell the draw tickets I can buy them and simply put the labels on the stubs. Takes 2 minutes. With ours you have to handwrite each ticket out. It would costs pennies to do this and yet would massively increase sales by fans

I do think we need to come into the 20th century soon. Hopefully the new marketing lass will get a grip

The 21st Century would be an ever better improvement !

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Sponsor a Goal on 13:01 - May 31 with 7561 viewsdilleydaler

I'm in!

Is there any way we could send a list of people interested and their email addresses to the club?
Sponsor a Goal on 13:09 - May 31 with 7532 views442Dale

Sponsor a Goal on 13:01 - May 31 by dilleydaler

I'm in!

Is there any way we could send a list of people interested and their email addresses to the club?

Possibly, but isn't it usually a £1 a goal individually? If we have it as £6-8 each, more might want to take part on here.

There needs to be the interest first, but if we can get some people taking part who weren't even aware before then it's a bonus.

Sponsor a Goal on 13:18 - May 31 with 7504 viewsTVOS1907

Sponsor a Goal on 13:09 - May 31 by 442Dale

Possibly, but isn't it usually a £1 a goal individually? If we have it as £6-8 each, more might want to take part on here.

There needs to be the interest first, but if we can get some people taking part who weren't even aware before then it's a bonus.

I think 50p per goal is the minimum, although some people choose things like '£5 per Jamie Allen goal', which didn't quite work this season just ended.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Sponsor a Goal on 14:46 - May 31 with 7387 viewsD_Alien

I'm in!

I changed my email address four years ago, and sent the club an email from my new one advising them. A year later, I was still receiving emails at my old address so sent them another. The old address is no longer available but I'll bet as much sponsorship money as the club would like they're still emailing me on the old one. Never received one since, and I'm buggered if i'll send them yet another notice.

[Post edited 31 May 2015 14:50]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Sponsor a Goal on 14:59 - May 31 with 7354 views49thseason

I would suggest you take a copy of the letter and send it to Chris Dunphy and enquire if this is a legitimate letter from the club or a poor attempt at fraud.
Any self respecting Chairman would be horrified at such a poor piece of correspondence being sent out in the name of the organisation he presides over. It simply smacks of a lack of proper management and employees who are just going through the motions. To do it once might be construed as unfortunate to do it twice is just taking the piss out of customers.
Sponsor a Goal on 17:52 - May 31 with 7179 viewsYorkshire_Dale

I'm in!

Yes,a great idea normally,Dillii........but what would our Club do with a list of people willing and able to part with their hard-earned loot,yes.....nothing......as evidenced herein.

Crazy.......surely this is one for Frances to get ACTIVELY involved in.

It's money for very little effort and has great potential for expansion too.

PS I seem to remember this topic being raised in the past,was it you Dilli?
[Post edited 31 May 2015 17:55]
Sponsor a Goal on 20:18 - May 31 with 7010 viewsdilleydaler

I think I was sufficiently annoyed about this o post last year.

Anyway, now we have a marketing manager, this site will be being monitored, so I look forward to this being responded to.

Sponsor a Goal on 21:11 - May 31 with 6950 viewsPDIDDY

Sponsor a goal, is this for real? I know dale is a backward town but come on, haha

Gissa job

Sponsor a Goal on 21:18 - May 31 with 6934 viewsTVOS1907

Sponsor a Goal on 21:11 - May 31 by PDIDDY

Sponsor a goal, is this for real? I know dale is a backward town but come on, haha

This initiative has raised over £30,000 since it started and could raise more with suitable marketing.

What's backward about a fairly simple concept raising money for the club?

Sponsor a Goal on 21:23 - May 31 with 6922 viewsPDIDDY

Sponsor a Goal on 21:18 - May 31 by TVOS1907

This initiative has raised over £30,000 since it started and could raise more with suitable marketing.

Ok, gonna mention it to SD at my next meeting , 30 k, great work, put some seats in the bus stop end maybe?

Gissa job

Sponsor a Goal on 21:29 - May 31 with 6911 viewsTVOS1907

Sponsor a Goal on 21:23 - May 31 by PDIDDY

Ok, gonna mention it to SD at my next meeting , 30 k, great work, put some seats in the bus stop end maybe?

Ask him for your money back while you're there? After all, he is the bloke coming out with all the 'we' and 'our' quotes on 442's link.

Cue loads of emoticons...

Sponsor a Goal on 21:32 - May 31 with 6909 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Sponsor a Goal on 21:18 - May 31 by TVOS1907

Exactly my point earlier TVOS......it really is money for jam for the Club.

...and as you say with a bit (not much ) effort could bring in a lot lot more.
Sponsor a Goal on 21:44 - May 31 with 6879 viewsPDIDDY

Sponsor a Goal on 21:29 - May 31 by TVOS1907

Ask him for your money back while you're there? After all, he is the bloke coming out with all the 'we' and 'our' quotes on 442's link.

Cue loads of emoticons...

You seem to know everything about SD and his workings as you did with, who PDIDDY really was, we met you saw and was wrong. I #feelgood

Gissa job

Sponsor a Goal on 21:48 - May 31 with 6867 viewsTVOS1907

Sponsor a Goal on 21:44 - May 31 by PDIDDY

You seem to know everything about SD and his workings as you did with, who PDIDDY really was, we met you saw and was wrong. I #feelgood

So it isn't him being quoted on 442's link?

My bad.

Sponsor a Goal on 22:01 - May 31 with 6838 viewsPDIDDY

Sponsor a Goal on 21:48 - May 31 by TVOS1907

So it isn't him being quoted on 442's link?

My bad.

Don't know, didn't read it, you tell me

Gissa job

Sponsor a Goal on 22:17 - May 31 with 6816 viewsTVOS1907

Sponsor a Goal on 22:01 - May 31 by PDIDDY

Don't know, didn't read it, you tell me

The name 'Stewart Day' appeared, followed by a few quotes using "We" and "Our".

It's probably a different Stewart Day.

Sponsor a Goal on 22:21 - May 31 with 6812 viewsmilly

I will sponsor all our keepers at a £1000 a goal they score.Might at least give them a penalty to take in the jpt etc if they know a grand is at stake.
Sponsor a Goal on 22:29 - May 31 with 6791 viewsTVOS1907

Sponsor a Goal on 22:21 - May 31 by milly

I will sponsor all our keepers at a £1000 a goal they score.Might at least give them a penalty to take in the jpt etc if they know a grand is at stake.

Doubt Lainton will score, unless it's in his own goal.

Sponsor a Goal on 22:36 - May 31 with 6774 viewsroccydaleian

Sponsor a Goal on 22:29 - May 31 by TVOS1907

Doubt Lainton will score, unless it's in his own goal.

Beat me to it... Who're you trying to kid milly? It's obvious you're some mong troll. Try talking about crowds again, or better instead just do one.
[Post edited 31 May 2015 22:37]
Sponsor a Goal on 22:47 - May 31 with 6741 viewsPDIDDY

Sponsor a Goal on 22:36 - May 31 by roccydaleian

Beat me to it... Who're you trying to kid milly? It's obvious you're some mong troll. Try talking about crowds again, or better instead just do one.
[Post edited 31 May 2015 22:37]

Stop bullying roccy

Gissa job

Sponsor a Goal on 23:28 - May 31 with 6695 viewsRosun

Fcuk me puff daddy. Is it the case that school summer holidays have started early? Or have you been on a bl3 all day session?
30k could buy you 3 car park spaces for the next x number of years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024