Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More publicity for the Danczuks 12:22 - Jun 14 with 18222 viewsD_Alien

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/Magazine/article1566129.ece

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

More publicity for the Danczuks on 12:59 - Jul 6 with 3085 viewsDiddyDave

More publicity for the Danczuks on 10:20 - Jul 6 by SuddenLad

Harold 'Chinny' Clegg was deputy headmaster, Lewis was the head.

'Chinny' died only very recently, aged about 93. Liked his discipline did Chinny. Fond of wielding the cane, but very few who got it didn't deserve it.

Yeah,he certainly put the fear of god into me,a typical little bloke who liked to remind us all who was the boss. Of course they got away with it in those days,today they`d be up for assault and grievous bodily harm in some instances,though I have to admit at least we all knew where the boundaries were,not like today. Were you there when that Mr Sagar was a teacher? Man,he was a thug! By the way,I was there from 1960-65.
More publicity for the Danczuks on 14:50 - Jul 6 with 2933 viewsoff2div1

More publicity for the Danczuks on 10:20 - Jul 6 by SuddenLad

Harold 'Chinny' Clegg was deputy headmaster, Lewis was the head.

'Chinny' died only very recently, aged about 93. Liked his discipline did Chinny. Fond of wielding the cane, but very few who got it didn't deserve it.

What about Jake Whitley, Noddy Dunham , Sid Brown,Shalto Moxley ,The 2 Mr Cleggs ,Mr Gill some real eccentrics.
More publicity for the Danczuks on 15:04 - Jul 6 with 2905 viewsdale5758

I remember "hissing" sid brown well....gawd what a nutter lol :) {back up look ring any bells?}
did anyone ever find out if the rumours of him being involved with the bouncing bomb was true?

Poll: Spenhe Hogan windfall and on who?

More publicity for the Danczuks on 15:44 - Jul 6 with 2865 viewsBigKindo

More publicity for the Danczuks on 11:03 - Jul 5 by R17ALE

Couldn't agree more bj. Well said.

I had the good fortune to watch a BBC documentary on Grammar schools on sommot like BBC3 a few days ago where the focus was on folk who'd been born into impoverished backgrounds, but the kid had shown some nous, was recommended to sit the 11+, passed it and got a bursary to attend a Grammar school.

Would you believe this system produced 6 Prime Ministers?

A notable contributor to the programme was Richard Dimbleby, who happily credited his excellent career to the opportunities a Grammar School education provided him with.

The documentary finished before charting the closure of many Grammar schools, so I remain ignorant as to why so many closed, but it seems a bit daft when you look at the success stories the programme highlighted.

It was BBC4. The Grammar School: A secret history Part 1 (of 2)
More publicity for the Danczuks on 15:59 - Jul 6 with 2825 viewsSuddenLad

More publicity for the Danczuks on 15:04 - Jul 6 by dale5758

I remember "hissing" sid brown well....gawd what a nutter lol :) {back up look ring any bells?}
did anyone ever find out if the rumours of him being involved with the bouncing bomb was true?

Call Sid Brown a nutter all you like, although he was eccentric, he was one of the team who worked with Alan Turing on the Bletchley Park programmes. We now all know about Turing, be he didn't do it on his own !!

Sid Brown was an absolutely brilliant mathematician.

He lived in one of the houses directly behind the Pearl Street stand, opposite the club shop.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

More publicity for the Danczuks on 17:18 - Jul 6 with 2736 viewsraadale

The latest in the Saga... http://news.sky.com/story/1514213/danczuk-ive-been-drinking-a-bit-too-much Poor old simons taken to the drink and pills...
More publicity for the Danczuks on 17:29 - Jul 6 with 2710 views1mark1

More publicity for the Danczuks on 17:18 - Jul 6 by raadale

The latest in the Saga... http://news.sky.com/story/1514213/danczuk-ive-been-drinking-a-bit-too-much Poor old simons taken to the drink and pills...

He was drinking and doing other stuff way before his "child abuse campaign work". In fact it has been previously reported about his previous drug taking-which I personally don't have a problem with. However he did try to land a former local Councillor in trouble with the authorities for cannabis taking (which he hadn't done) , so he is a hypocrite.

Also when the alleged holiday domestic abuse affair had happened ( http://danczuk.tripod.com/domestic-behaviour.html) , he had been drinking.

So to recap, he has a history of aggression, drinking and drug taking, long before becoming a so called csa campaigner.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

More publicity for the Danczuks on 18:04 - Jul 6 with 2653 viewsColDale

More publicity for the Danczuks on 17:29 - Jul 6 by 1mark1

He was drinking and doing other stuff way before his "child abuse campaign work". In fact it has been previously reported about his previous drug taking-which I personally don't have a problem with. However he did try to land a former local Councillor in trouble with the authorities for cannabis taking (which he hadn't done) , so he is a hypocrite.

Also when the alleged holiday domestic abuse affair had happened ( http://danczuk.tripod.com/domestic-behaviour.html) , he had been drinking.

So to recap, he has a history of aggression, drinking and drug taking, long before becoming a so called csa campaigner.

If you've not got a problem with it, why do you only use "so called" to prefix his positives and not his negatives? The only thing missing from that post was the party poppers in celebration.

Like I said in an earlier post, it's open season on him at the moment, and I agree that if you put yourself in the spotlight, you are up there to have a pop at. But the bloke's just split with his wife and is admitting to a couple of personal issues. We should live in a society where its ok to admit personal failings without it being used against him. He's not the best MP in the World but he took on the Cyril Smith conspiracies when many, many others stood by locally throughout the 70's, 80's and 90's and did nothing.
Login to get fewer ads

More publicity for the Danczuks on 18:17 - Jul 6 with 2619 viewsTalkingSutty

More publicity for the Danczuks on 18:04 - Jul 6 by ColDale

If you've not got a problem with it, why do you only use "so called" to prefix his positives and not his negatives? The only thing missing from that post was the party poppers in celebration.

Like I said in an earlier post, it's open season on him at the moment, and I agree that if you put yourself in the spotlight, you are up there to have a pop at. But the bloke's just split with his wife and is admitting to a couple of personal issues. We should live in a society where its ok to admit personal failings without it being used against him. He's not the best MP in the World but he took on the Cyril Smith conspiracies when many, many others stood by locally throughout the 70's, 80's and 90's and did nothing.

Excellent post.
More publicity for the Danczuks on 18:19 - Jul 6 with 2606 viewsisitme

I suspect the following articles:

http://northernvoicesmag.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/green-party-labour-party-in-roch

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news/29600/former-mayor-threaten

may shed some light on 1mark1's opinion of our current MP.

Unfortunately for Simon and Karen the media is a fickle mistress which is hard to control. My brother calls him as 'The Peadophile Hunter'. If only people had listened to the Rochdale Free Press and Private Eye at the time, then Cyril would have been made to pay for his crimes.
More publicity for the Danczuks on 18:43 - Jul 6 with 2551 views1mark1

More publicity for the Danczuks on 18:04 - Jul 6 by ColDale

Because all of his CSA stuff , has previously been raised many years ago, and in fact he has due to publicly saying things held back at least two local ongoing investigations. Not one thing has he raised about csa is an original piece of news on the subject. Many raised about Cyril Smith in the 70s and 80s, and about Knowl View in the 90s.

He has been talking about CSA for years now, yet only now, after his very unfortunate public breakdown of his marriage as he now come out and say he is struggling with depression etc, an illness that I would not wish even on someone like him who I do admit to having a personal dislike for. If things were so bad, he could have taken a break from public office. He could at this stage on sick leave, and I for one would not blame him or anyone in his position from doing so. I for one will not celebrate someone who is suffering from depression.

More publicity for the Danczuks on 18:50 - Jul 6 with 2535 viewsSuddenLad

More publicity for the Danczuks on 18:19 - Jul 6 by isitme

http://northernvoicesmag.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/green-party-labour-party-in-roch

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news/29600/former-mayor-threaten

Unfortunately for Simon and Karen the media is a fickle mistress which is hard to control. My brother calls him as 'The Peadophile Hunter'. If only people had listened to the Rochdale Free Press and Private Eye at the time, then Cyril would have been made to pay for his crimes.

There's a world of difference between the claims about not investigating allegations against Smith and the fact that the DPP recommended that no further action be taken.

There were many people locally, who did their best to bring him to justice, only to be foiled by the decision makers in London.

Don't tar everyone with the same brush.

More publicity for the Danczuks on 18:53 - Jul 6 with 2520 viewsisitme

More publicity for the Danczuks on 18:50 - Jul 6 by SuddenLad

There's a world of difference between the claims about not investigating allegations against Smith and the fact that the DPP recommended that no further action be taken.

There were many people locally, who did their best to bring him to justice, only to be foiled by the decision makers in London.

Don't tar everyone with the same brush.

Where have I tarred everyone?

There is no doubt that Cyril was protected by numerous people who knew about his antics.

Edit - anyone to everyone for SuddenLad's benefit!
[Post edited 6 Jul 2015 19:13]
More publicity for the Danczuks on 18:54 - Jul 6 with 2512 views1mark1

More publicity for the Danczuks on 18:19 - Jul 6 by isitme

Indeed, so true especially regarding RAP and Private Eye. The so called investigative papers of the time were cowardly for not taking up the stories. RAP and it's journos took a lot of stick at the time, as did some local politicians and activists who raised their heads at the time. Only Private Eye took up the story.

One day the whole truth will come out about about SD and KD, and many of us will be proven right, until then I will be in a minority. But at least I haven't been wrongly accused of csa, and drug taking as well as other stuff.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2015 18:56]

More publicity for the Danczuks on 19:01 - Jul 6 with 2485 viewsSuddenLad

More publicity for the Danczuks on 18:53 - Jul 6 by isitme

Where have I tarred everyone?

There is no doubt that Cyril was protected by numerous people who knew about his antics.

Edit - anyone to everyone for SuddenLad's benefit!
[Post edited 6 Jul 2015 19:13]

"If only people had listened to the Rochdale Free Press and Private Eye at the time, then Cyril would have been made to pay for his crimes."

'People' did listen. 'People' investigated. Thoroughly. Rochdale Alternative Press (not Free Press) brought he matter to the public attention, but there had been rumours bubbling under the surface for over a decade before.

'People' elsewhere decided not to pursue the allegations and no action followed. 'People' were very pissed off as a result, but 'people' were advised to keep their heads down and get on with things.

More publicity for the Danczuks on 19:08 - Jul 6 with 2457 viewsisitme

More publicity for the Danczuks on 19:01 - Jul 6 by SuddenLad

"If only people had listened to the Rochdale Free Press and Private Eye at the time, then Cyril would have been made to pay for his crimes."

'People' did listen. 'People' investigated. Thoroughly. Rochdale Alternative Press (not Free Press) brought he matter to the public attention, but there had been rumours bubbling under the surface for over a decade before.

'People' elsewhere decided not to pursue the allegations and no action followed. 'People' were very pissed off as a result, but 'people' were advised to keep their heads down and get on with things.

Exactly people, not every person. You said in your initial reply that I was tarring everyone with the same brush!

Obviously the 'important people' did not listen to the work of the people (who I did acknowledge the work off) at the Rochdale Alternative Press (thanks for the correction), and probably numerous other people who highlighted his activities.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2015 19:10]
More publicity for the Danczuks on 19:18 - Jul 6 with 2414 viewsD_Alien

More publicity for the Danczuks on 19:08 - Jul 6 by isitme

Exactly people, not every person. You said in your initial reply that I was tarring everyone with the same brush!

Obviously the 'important people' did not listen to the work of the people (who I did acknowledge the work off) at the Rochdale Alternative Press (thanks for the correction), and probably numerous other people who highlighted his activities.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2015 19:10]

http://northernvoicesmag.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/david-golaith-in-journalist.html

John Walker was my tutor for A-level Gov+Pol at Rochdale College. He used to refer to Cyril as "the fat fairy".

As part of the course, we all went down to the Houses of Parliament in early 1975 and Cyril turned up in the lobby area outside the Commons and had a bit of banter with John. Michael Heseltine then came along and joined in. This was before the allegations really took off in RAP.

More publicity for the Danczuks on 19:25 - Jul 6 with 2389 viewsDaleView

And many of the people of Rochdale voted for these folks !
Doesn't say much for the intelligence of the electors.
More publicity for the Danczuks on 19:30 - Jul 6 with 2372 viewsD_Alien

More publicity for the Danczuks on 19:25 - Jul 6 by DaleView

And many of the people of Rochdale voted for these folks !
Doesn't say much for the intelligence of the electors.

That post says more about your lack of intelligence than anyone elses.

More publicity for the Danczuks on 21:25 - Jul 6 with 2212 viewsBraemar60

Headline in the MEN is "Simon Danczuk MP says his campaign against child sex abuse led him to drink and depression."
It doesn't mention the £20k that it also led him to! He was called before a Parliamentary Committee when he failed to declare the income. He said he struggled with his housekeeping and finding the Register of Members Interests online. He was too busy on Constituency business also. Presumably this was the Leicester constituency he was elected to represent?? As he has spent time talking to the Leicestershire Constabulary about the Lord Janner case and publicly campaigning for Janner to be prosecuted. Perhaps there are no Leicestershire MPs that could have done this. Danczuk also had his Parliamentary credit card suspended recently. Somewhere between £3k and £6k on it. Finally, he has outlived his usefulness to his publicity junkie wife who has decided it is time to move on.
Sadly, with very, very few exceptions, MPs are as bent as nine-bob notes and simply exist to ride the gravy train for the Parliamentary term, lining their own pockets.
Perhaps Danczuk will broaden his outlook after this and take on a wider caseload from his constituents rather than be the single issue MP he has been so far.
More publicity for the Danczuks on 21:40 - Jul 6 with 2160 viewsD_Alien

More publicity for the Danczuks on 21:25 - Jul 6 by Braemar60

Headline in the MEN is "Simon Danczuk MP says his campaign against child sex abuse led him to drink and depression."
It doesn't mention the £20k that it also led him to! He was called before a Parliamentary Committee when he failed to declare the income. He said he struggled with his housekeeping and finding the Register of Members Interests online. He was too busy on Constituency business also. Presumably this was the Leicester constituency he was elected to represent?? As he has spent time talking to the Leicestershire Constabulary about the Lord Janner case and publicly campaigning for Janner to be prosecuted. Perhaps there are no Leicestershire MPs that could have done this. Danczuk also had his Parliamentary credit card suspended recently. Somewhere between £3k and £6k on it. Finally, he has outlived his usefulness to his publicity junkie wife who has decided it is time to move on.
Sadly, with very, very few exceptions, MPs are as bent as nine-bob notes and simply exist to ride the gravy train for the Parliamentary term, lining their own pockets.
Perhaps Danczuk will broaden his outlook after this and take on a wider caseload from his constituents rather than be the single issue MP he has been so far.

All very interesting, but have you evidence that he's in any way been neglectful of his constituents, as in failing to follow up their personal issues/concerns?

I've no idea whether he has or not, but I can't be doing with people making claims such as yours, that he's being negligent of his run-of-the-mill duties, unless you can substantiate it.

So, put up or shut up.

More publicity for the Danczuks on 21:58 - Jul 6 with 2109 viewsBraemar60

More publicity for the Danczuks on 21:40 - Jul 6 by D_Alien

All very interesting, but have you evidence that he's in any way been neglectful of his constituents, as in failing to follow up their personal issues/concerns?

I've no idea whether he has or not, but I can't be doing with people making claims such as yours, that he's being negligent of his run-of-the-mill duties, unless you can substantiate it.

So, put up or shut up.

You are quite right of course, I take that back.
I now recall that, in the run up to the General Election, he got involved in the case of a group of Muslims from Rochdale that were trying to enter Syria. One of them was the son of a Labour Councillor. It just wouldn't do to have Muslim Labour voters out of the country at election time. Thanks to Danczuk's involvement, they returned safely to the UK and voted Labour along with several hundred other Labour voters registered at the same address!!!
More publicity for the Danczuks on 22:07 - Jul 6 with 2091 views1mark1

More publicity for the Danczuks on 21:40 - Jul 6 by D_Alien

So, put up or shut up.

You make a fair point there.

To my knowledge SD has done the casework side of his job as a constituency MP to a satisfactory level , and thus no evidence of neglect towards his constituents.

He has, however, despite having all the resources required, failed to fulfill satisfactorily the recording of outside earnings as far as the parliamentary authorities are concerned, and has received a censure from them for that issue, and also failed to provide proof of receipts for spending on his parliamentary credit card, on time which led to it being temporary stopped, though it is now all accounted for, and he has use back of the credit card for paying for travel etc.

It would appear to me he does rather take a lot on, and maybe should concentrate on being a constituency MP, as the town of Rochdale needs a good MP to take on their problems.

More publicity for the Danczuks on 22:40 - Jul 6 with 2042 viewsD_Alien

More publicity for the Danczuks on 22:07 - Jul 6 by 1mark1

You make a fair point there.

To my knowledge SD has done the casework side of his job as a constituency MP to a satisfactory level , and thus no evidence of neglect towards his constituents.

He has, however, despite having all the resources required, failed to fulfill satisfactorily the recording of outside earnings as far as the parliamentary authorities are concerned, and has received a censure from them for that issue, and also failed to provide proof of receipts for spending on his parliamentary credit card, on time which led to it being temporary stopped, though it is now all accounted for, and he has use back of the credit card for paying for travel etc.

It would appear to me he does rather take a lot on, and maybe should concentrate on being a constituency MP, as the town of Rochdale needs a good MP to take on their problems.

And those are all fair points too, and if anyone had reason to have a go at SD you might be at the front of the queue but fair play.

it sounds as if he might be learning a harsh lesson. I hope he does, but we'll see. I hold no truck for his party but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as an MP until he proves otherwise.

More publicity for the Danczuks on 22:48 - Jul 6 with 2028 viewsD_Alien

More publicity for the Danczuks on 21:58 - Jul 6 by Braemar60

You are quite right of course, I take that back.
I now recall that, in the run up to the General Election, he got involved in the case of a group of Muslims from Rochdale that were trying to enter Syria. One of them was the son of a Labour Councillor. It just wouldn't do to have Muslim Labour voters out of the country at election time. Thanks to Danczuk's involvement, they returned safely to the UK and voted Labour along with several hundred other Labour voters registered at the same address!!!

Well at least you've come up with a response, which is more than Suggers did on another thread a couple of days ago when I asked him to substantiate his claim that George Osborne was causing people to send their kids to school with no breakfast in their bellies, or summat like that.

Politics is very much about opinions, but also challenging them, otherwise we're stuffed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024