Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Increase in matchday prices 18:31 - Jun 15 with 4948 viewsgibraltar_dale

With the club in a comfortable financial state, what is the main reason behind the 2 pound increase on the gates? Maybe to free up some extra cash for transfer targets wages? Hopefully!
Increase in matchday prices on 18:38 - Jun 15 with 3322 viewstazzydjr

to take a extra 2 pound of every away fan who goes into Willbutts Lane

Hopefully the club will be doing promotional ticket offers for the home fans turning up at the Fortress as they were non-existent last season

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Increase in matchday prices on 18:39 - Jun 15 with 3318 views442Dale

It's a good question especially as we look to increase crowds - something that was specifically mentioned in the job description for the new Sales & Marketing Manager. I think many fans were expecting an increase, but it would be good to know the thinking behind them going up £2.

It's the sort of question that might get answered at a Fans Forum. Anyone know when it's planned for this season?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Increase in matchday prices on 18:45 - Jun 15 with 3284 views442Dale

Increase in matchday prices on 18:38 - Jun 15 by tazzydjr

Hopefully the club will be doing promotional ticket offers for the home fans turning up at the Fortress as they were non-existent last season

Wouldn't you say it's more important to be doing offers to attract newer fans?

Will any regulars stop going because of the £2 increase? That needs to be monitored. But more importantly are the prices something that may put off a potential one-off visitor who may come back again? If so, aim the promotions at them.

Increase in matchday prices on 18:45 - Jun 15 with 3281 viewsisitme

Increase in matchday prices on 18:38 - Jun 15 by tazzydjr

Don't they run the passport to leisure scheme that offers cheap tickets?
Increase in matchday prices on 18:50 - Jun 15 with 3247 viewsgibraltar_dale

the club will no doubt make extra cash from the away end with the amount of northern teams in league one next season but surely increasing the home end prices means there won´t be many new faces coming through the gates. Which is something that is discussed on here week in week out!
Increase in matchday prices on 18:55 - Jun 15 with 3231 views_dezzy

Correct me if I'm wrong. But isn't this the 1st price increase in 5 year ? If so the club has done well with keeping it the same even with 2 promotions

KHBA

Increase in matchday prices on 19:02 - Jun 15 with 3211 viewsgibraltar_dale

Increase in matchday prices on 18:55 - Jun 15 by _dezzy

Correct me if I'm wrong. But isn't this the 1st price increase in 5 year ? If so the club has done well with keeping it the same even with 2 promotions

Yeah it has been about five years and the club have done well obviously, but why now?
Increase in matchday prices on 19:03 - Jun 15 with 3204 views442Dale

Increase in matchday prices on 18:55 - Jun 15 by _dezzy

Yeah, our prices have always been pretty good. Maybe putting them up a quid might not have been as noticeable.

Login to get fewer ads

Increase in matchday prices on 19:07 - Jun 15 with 3185 viewsgibraltar_dale

exactly! thats what makes me wonder. Obviously the decision won´t have been made without thought, thats what makes me wonder if the club has possible signings in mind who may demand slightly higher wages
Increase in matchday prices on 19:23 - Jun 15 with 3144 viewsChaffRAFC

Why now? Tazzy has hit the nail on the head when he mentions getting the away fans to cough up more money and now, with more northern teams, it's the best time to do so. It's good business really. If you think about it, we're probably likely to sell out, or almost sell out that away end for the games against, Wigan, Blackpool, Oldham, Bury, Sheffield United, Barnsley and Bradford. If we go off there being 3000 away supporters, at each of these games, that's £42,000 just from the £2 price increase without taking in to any sort of account about the other away games, for which you're probably looking around what? Another £15,000 on top of that, just from the price increase. £57,000 or so on top of last years prices. All estimated guesses like but the point remains.

There's no way, no matter what we hope or expect, of us getting that sort of money, or even close, from attracting more home fans. Most new fans we may attract probably wont take an increase into consideration when deciding whether to come or not.

Yes, a much, much bigger effort needs to be made in getting more fans into Spotland, no denying that. Our attendances are awful for the product we are selling. But the increase will prove more valuable to the club in the short term at least than trying to keep the prices the same and hoping more will get off their arses to come and watch us.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Increase in matchday prices on 19:56 - Jun 15 with 3069 views442Dale

Increase in matchday prices on 19:23 - Jun 15 by ChaffRAFC

Why now? Tazzy has hit the nail on the head when he mentions getting the away fans to cough up more money and now, with more northern teams, it's the best time to do so. It's good business really. If you think about it, we're probably likely to sell out, or almost sell out that away end for the games against, Wigan, Blackpool, Oldham, Bury, Sheffield United, Barnsley and Bradford. If we go off there being 3000 away supporters, at each of these games, that's £42,000 just from the £2 price increase without taking in to any sort of account about the other away games, for which you're probably looking around what? Another £15,000 on top of that, just from the price increase. £57,000 or so on top of last years prices. All estimated guesses like but the point remains.

There's no way, no matter what we hope or expect, of us getting that sort of money, or even close, from attracting more home fans. Most new fans we may attract probably wont take an increase into consideration when deciding whether to come or not.

Yes, a much, much bigger effort needs to be made in getting more fans into Spotland, no denying that. Our attendances are awful for the product we are selling. But the increase will prove more valuable to the club in the short term at least than trying to keep the prices the same and hoping more will get off their arses to come and watch us.

Some good points Chaff, it illustrates what a fine balancing act it is and something that is far from an exact science depending on how fixtures fall etc.

Using your example what would be better, an approx increase of 60k or half that but with 2-300 extra home fans coming regularly by the end of the season?

The two aren't neccesarily linked and hopefully the latter will occur whatever the price increase was, but being forced to choose would it not be preferable for any club at our level to increase the fanbase in the long-term even if short term profits aren't completely maximised?

It's certainly an interesting debate.

Increase in matchday prices on 20:12 - Jun 15 with 3034 viewsfitzochris

Do our policing costs go up with the bigger away gates too? The two quid a head might help offset some of that too, if so.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Increase in matchday prices on 20:29 - Jun 15 with 2986 viewsTVOS1907

Increase in matchday prices on 20:12 - Jun 15 by fitzochris

Do our policing costs go up with the bigger away gates too? The two quid a head might help offset some of that too, if so.

Yes, they certainly will. A lot of extra revenue will be swallowed up by the police when the likes of bury roll into town.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Increase in matchday prices on 20:31 - Jun 15 with 2976 viewsChaffRAFC

Increase in matchday prices on 19:56 - Jun 15 by 442Dale

Some good points Chaff, it illustrates what a fine balancing act it is and something that is far from an exact science depending on how fixtures fall etc.

Using your example what would be better, an approx increase of 60k or half that but with 2-300 extra home fans coming regularly by the end of the season?

The two aren't neccesarily linked and hopefully the latter will occur whatever the price increase was, but being forced to choose would it not be preferable for any club at our level to increase the fanbase in the long-term even if short term profits aren't completely maximised?

It's certainly an interesting debate.

Absolutely better in the long term to increase the fanbase but lets face it, we struggle whenever we try to do it and I don't trust us, as a club to be able to do it and get more fans in.

I don't feel we do enough and we should absolutely maximise all potential advertising to get people into Spotland. Social networking, schools, better offers, Goldbond sheets (Pete doesn't like me saying that!), trying to target people more likely to take us up on offers, season ticket holders of other clubs for international weekends etc and really put a lot of effort into doing it. If it works, great, if it doesn't, we can say we've done what we can. Until we have more fans, or can honestly say we've done what we can they we, as a club, cannot stop making big efforts to get people through the gate. But in reality, the price increase, with many more potential big away followings, was something I think we had to do.

Maybe, if we maximised potential commercial profit (online club shop still not online for example) and managed to increase Goldbond members (a difficult job in the area we live for various reasons), then maybe a £1 increase could have been more like it without the need to increase by £2.

FOC's Police and stewarding costs comment is a very good point though as well.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Increase in matchday prices on 20:32 - Jun 15 with 2970 viewsR17ALE

New fans won't know the prices have risen by £2, so it shouldn't make any difference to attracting first timers.

The real test will come when we are at home Saturday - Tuesday, and how many pay on the day don't come to the Tuesday match.

If we get situations where we get two consecutive home games, the club should start offering 'two for' offers to the pay on the day home fans, which commits the fan to turning up on the Tuesday even if we got stuffed on the Saturday!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Increase in matchday prices on 20:35 - Jun 15 with 2945 viewsChaffRAFC

Increase in matchday prices on 20:32 - Jun 15 by R17ALE

New fans won't know the prices have risen by £2, so it shouldn't make any difference to attracting first timers.

The real test will come when we are at home Saturday - Tuesday, and how many pay on the day don't come to the Tuesday match.

If we get situations where we get two consecutive home games, the club should start offering 'two for' offers to the pay on the day home fans, which commits the fan to turning up on the Tuesday even if we got stuffed on the Saturday!

A point I hadn't taken into consideration. Very good point about the Saturday-Tuesday thing.

Increase in matchday prices on 20:42 - Jun 15 with 2918 viewsChaffRAFC

Given your knowledge on the subject Razz and given that Goldbond numbers have fallen over the past few years (for various reasons like I said), is it at all feasible to try and tempt potential new members (when out canvassing), with a voucher (per 50p member) for a reduced rate ticket to a certain home game? More likely to sign up to the Goldbond and more people through the gate if done right. People may cancel their Goldbond after signing up and going to the match. I tend to find that after my rounds have been canvassed, a lot will have cancelled within say 10 weeks but out of say, 10 new members, 3 will probably stay. But more people come through the gate and with the product being as good, if not better than it's ever been, they'll probably come more often.

Edit:-

And before I get Pete, Alisdair and Phil calling me every name under the sun or moan at me next time I'm in the shop, I'm only suggesting something to potentially get more people signed up to Goldbond and through the gates. Not trying to increase your workload or say you're not doing enough, I know that's not the case.

Increase in matchday prices on 20:48 - Jun 15 with 2895 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Sad thing is the level of discontent - I dont really care anymore and I feel so sad saying that - I Have been all over, used to love the away day, fun at Torquay on a Tuesday ffs - but all I hear now I really do not believe.

We are focused on buying the ground and we hear sod all - I am starting to feel that we are employing and dealing with ppl who fit. Frances in fairness has done nothing yet - Wheres the push and marketing - or are you Tommy C's secretary?

Please Please let me know I am not alone!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Increase in matchday prices on 20:54 - Jun 15 with 2872 viewspioneer

Increase in matchday prices on 20:32 - Jun 15 by R17ALE

I have been advocating selling 'mini packs' or multi game tickets for a long time. Not everyone wants to commit to a season ticket or some just are not able to.

Offering say 6 game packs at a modest discount that doesn't undercut season tickets is a way of home fans being able to mitigate the effect of price rises that away fans would not want to use they are usually only interested in the single game.

These packs could be organised around particular opponents, or particular dates or simply provide vouchers for admission to a set number of games of the fans choice.
For example you could have a midweek pack which covers all those non holiday midweek games scheduled on the fixture list at say 15 quid per game.

Selling these heavily before the season also avoids the risks of results not being what we all might hope for - folks have prepaid for games wherever we might be at the time the games are played.
Increase in matchday prices on 21:32 - Jun 15 with 2794 views442Dale

Increase in matchday prices on 20:42 - Jun 15 by ChaffRAFC

Given your knowledge on the subject Razz and given that Goldbond numbers have fallen over the past few years (for various reasons like I said), is it at all feasible to try and tempt potential new members (when out canvassing), with a voucher (per 50p member) for a reduced rate ticket to a certain home game? More likely to sign up to the Goldbond and more people through the gate if done right. People may cancel their Goldbond after signing up and going to the match. I tend to find that after my rounds have been canvassed, a lot will have cancelled within say 10 weeks but out of say, 10 new members, 3 will probably stay. But more people come through the gate and with the product being as good, if not better than it's ever been, they'll probably come more often.

And before I get Pete, Alisdair and Phil calling me every name under the sun or moan at me next time I'm in the shop, I'm only suggesting something to potentially get more people signed up to Goldbond and through the gates. Not trying to increase your workload or say you're not doing enough, I know that's not the case.

I'm sure anyone at the club would welcome constructive input from supporters. If its a good idea, it's a good idea, no matter who comes up with it.

Increase in matchday prices on 21:37 - Jun 15 with 2776 viewsR17ALE

Increase in matchday prices on 20:42 - Jun 15 by ChaffRAFC

It's feasible, but futile imho.

The majority of Goldbond players are tame gamblers who want to win £500. Typically somebody called Deirdre who lives on The Cray with a cat, and takes a fancy to the collector. Your cancellation rate might suggest Deirdre isn't fancying you!

Work on her cat!!

An idea I've been trying to formulate and present, to increase both Goldbond players and Season Ticket holders is for fans to commit to joining Goldbond for £10 per week, payable over 12 monthly payments of £43.33.

This gives fans the opportunity to spread costs and as a reward, the club will issue such Goldbond players with a free season ticket.

The fan is paying £520 per year, but has a real opportunity to win their money back.

The club win, as they don't have to give 20% of lottery income to the VAT man whereas 20% of your season ticket money goes straight to HMRC.

If every season ticket holder did this, the club would be hundreds of thousands of pounds better off.

Increase in matchday prices on 21:49 - Jun 15 with 2742 views442Dale

Increase in matchday prices on 21:37 - Jun 15 by R17ALE

It's feasible, but futile imho.

The majority of Goldbond players are tame gamblers who want to win £500. Typically somebody called Deirdre who lives on The Cray with a cat, and takes a fancy to the collector. Your cancellation rate might suggest Deirdre isn't fancying you!

Work on her cat!!

An idea I've been trying to formulate and present, to increase both Goldbond players and Season Ticket holders is for fans to commit to joining Goldbond for £10 per week, payable over 12 monthly payments of £43.33.

This gives fans the opportunity to spread costs and as a reward, the club will issue such Goldbond players with a free season ticket.

The fan is paying £520 per year, but has a real opportunity to win their money back.

The club win, as they don't have to give 20% of lottery income to the VAT man whereas 20% of your season ticket money goes straight to HMRC.

If every season ticket holder did this, the club would be hundreds of thousands of pounds better off.

I've never been in Goldbond but I'd sign up to that. The advantages of monthly payments that you don't really notice any more than the phone/sky bill going out would attract quite a few I'd reckon.

Increase in matchday prices on 21:49 - Jun 15 with 2742 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Increase in matchday prices on 19:02 - Jun 15 by gibraltar_dale

Yeah it has been about five years and the club have done well obviously, but why now?

There's never a right time Gibber...........
Increase in matchday prices on 22:06 - Jun 15 with 2701 viewsR17ALE

Increase in matchday prices on 21:49 - Jun 15 by 442Dale

I've never been in Goldbond but I'd sign up to that. The advantages of monthly payments that you don't really notice any more than the phone/sky bill going out would attract quite a few I'd reckon.

Anyone I've mentioned it to has also said they'd rather do it that way.

Admittedly on the road to Exeter!

Increase in matchday prices on 22:43 - Jun 15 with 2631 viewsDaleiLama

Seems like out of the box thinking is the sole prerogative of the fans and not the club.

I would probably buy a mini season ticket if such a beast were available and attend a few more games. Might even treat wor lass to one too. Sure I'm not the only one either!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024