Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Henderson: Barnsley approach? 13:09 - Jul 27 with 40737 views442Dale

Sports Editor at BBC Sheffield:

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 12:15 - Jul 28 with 3922 viewsBrierls

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 12:02 - Jul 28 by TalkingSutty

Not everybody can attain your high standards Brierls, that doesn't make fellow Dale supporters gullible numpties. Henderson wouldn't be the first Dale player to join the giggles.

If he does leave I would imagine it would be to the club offering him the best deal.

It's got nothing to do with standards. Anybody who believes that tweet is completely and utterly gullible, fellow Dale supporter or not.

See the posts above, the same guy was claiming Hilly was set to take over at bury after Blackwell was sacked. He knows no more than anybody else, but some will believe this windup and use it as another reason to criticise the club. Who, at this stage, are guilty of 'maybe' receiving an approach for one of their players!? It's madness.
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 12:25 - Jul 28 with 3792 viewsjimmysbaldhead

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/07/28/rochdale-shun-barnsley-bid-for-ian-henderso Sorry just seen someones posted this above
[Post edited 28 Jul 2015 12:33]
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 12:26 - Jul 28 with 3788 viewsBrierls

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 12:05 - Jul 28 by RAFCRuss

Ive just seen on twitter that we have shunned barnsleys approach
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/07/28/rochdale-shun-barnsley-bid-for-ian-henderso
[Post edited 28 Jul 2015 12:09]

The sports stories on that HITC site are usually written by the Sky Sports journalists (Hi Graeme!). They get a lot right, but then they get a lot wrong.

Hendo scored loads of goals in League One last season. There is bound to be 'interest' from a host of Championship and League One clubs. I'd imagine there's a shit load of League Two and Conference sides who'd be interested in signing him too!

I'm stating the obvious, but the key here is Hendo. If he's happy playing his football here, and being given a free reign to do whatever he wants with his Herbalife business, then he will stay.
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 12:41 - Jul 28 with 3670 viewsTalkingSutty

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 12:15 - Jul 28 by Brierls

It's got nothing to do with standards. Anybody who believes that tweet is completely and utterly gullible, fellow Dale supporter or not.

See the posts above, the same guy was claiming Hilly was set to take over at bury after Blackwell was sacked. He knows no more than anybody else, but some will believe this windup and use it as another reason to criticise the club. Who, at this stage, are guilty of 'maybe' receiving an approach for one of their players!? It's madness.

Nobodies criticising the club though, they are contributing to a public forum ( Giving their opinion) which is all the better for the varied opinions. Some believe the Club should do more to keep hold of players, others think there is a lack of appetite to take the club to the next step and some think selling our best players goes hand in hand with our inability to increase our home support.

Some feel that constantly selling our best players as resulted in the off field side of the Club being able to stay in its comfort zone, it's made people lazy. Criticising any aspect of the Club should be encouraged if it's valid, or the poster even believes it's valid. It shouldn't be treated as an act of treason because that person as a different point of view.

Hilly gets on my nerves with some of the stuff he comes out with in the media, i often don't agree with his team selection, i would have preferred to see Hery stay at the club but I still know he's the best manager we have ever had.Some weeks I praise him and then i criticise him but it's only my opinion. This isn't a Communist State, if people feel the need to criticise then that's their prerogative,even more so when they are paying customers. It's not a personal attack on the club we all throw thousands of pounds at, we are all fans.

If we all agreed with each other and every decision the Club / manager made was correct then what would be the point of the forum? Disagreement is what we need more of, it should be actively encouraged!!
[Post edited 28 Jul 2015 12:44]
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 12:46 - Jul 28 with 3635 viewsKenBoon

With regards to Hendo's age. Given how he shills that Herbal stuff and the nature of his role on the pitch, he probably has a good 7+ years left in him at this level.
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 12:48 - Jul 28 with 3622 viewstazzydjr

Club need to learn how to sell seats and promotional incentives to stop fans going elsewhere instead of expecting everything to fall into their laps all the time

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 12:51 - Jul 28 with 3590 viewsTalkingSutty

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 12:48 - Jul 28 by tazzydjr

Club need to learn how to sell seats and promotional incentives to stop fans going elsewhere instead of expecting everything to fall into their laps all the time

If your a lifelong Dale fan how can you go elsewhere?? # Life Sentence.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2015 12:52]
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 12:52 - Jul 28 with 3582 viewsBigKindo

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 12:05 - Jul 28 by RAFCRuss

Ive just seen on twitter that we have shunned barnsleys approach
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/07/28/rochdale-shun-barnsley-bid-for-ian-henderso
[Post edited 28 Jul 2015 12:09]

It must have been a derisory offer. Barnsley sold Stones for allegedly £ 3 million. Chelsea have offered £ 26 million and Everton want £ 34 million. If Barnsley have a 25% sell on then they would expect a sell-on fee of between £ 5.75 million and £ 7.65 million. However on checking their last published accounts up to 31 May 2014 they had net liabilities of £ 5 million. I bet their creditors are rubbing their hands including the Barclays Bank manager who took £ 15000 off them in interest. Don't forget that Barnsley have 'previous.'

I think that a lot of dissatisfaction with this bid is that Hendo and previously Matty Done have been sold to divisional rivals where in the past sales of better players have generally to clubs further up the football pyramid.
Login to get fewer ads

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 12:54 - Jul 28 with 3549 viewstazzydjr

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 12:51 - Jul 28 by TalkingSutty

If your a lifelong Dale fan how can you go elsewhere?? # Life Sentence.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2015 12:52]

true but many will not be able to justify a spend of £460 on 23 league matches plus The "Emirates" FA Cup, League Capital One Cup Matches & JPT on top of that

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 12:59 - Jul 28 with 3504 viewsmightydale

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 12:54 - Jul 28 by tazzydjr

true but many will not be able to justify a spend of £460 on 23 league matches plus The "Emirates" FA Cup, League Capital One Cup Matches & JPT on top of that

get a goldbound round then tazzy problem sorted !!

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 13:05 - Jul 28 with 3433 viewsBrierls

Post of the year!
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 13:11 - Jul 28 with 3364 viewsTalkingSutty

Agree with that, watching Footballs expensive. I used to travel all over the country watching Rochdale but now mainly go to the games North of Walsall. I think I am reaching my limit with away travel to Clubs that are asking 27 pounds to watch League One Football,it's getting ridiculous. It's not really a matter of affordability more a case of how much do I want to pay to watch a football match.

Our Season Ticket prices are good value when bought during the early bird period and the vouchers offer extra value. If I was you Tazzy I would ask about selling programmes before the game to fund your entrance to the ground or maybe take Chaffs advice and do a GoldBond Round. You have loads of time on your hands so a GoldBond Round would give you a few quid and a Season Ticket and also a bit of exercise.
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 13:16 - Jul 28 with 3338 viewsSandyman

"Early Bird" promotion + voucher from last season's ticket = £252.50 for 23 games in The Sandy, not £460. Planning & saving pays dividends, as you know from your trip to the U21 competition.
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 13:17 - Jul 28 with 3328 viewsChaffRAFC

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 13:17 - Jul 28 with 3314 viewsTalkingSutty

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 13:05 - Jul 28 by Brierls

Post of the year!

+1. Pi**ing in the wind springs to mind.
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 13:27 - Jul 28 with 3224 viewsCreepy

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 13:05 - Jul 28 by Brierls

Post of the year!

By a long way. Made me spit my orange juice out !!
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 13:34 - Jul 28 with 3184 viewspnc4eva1

Season ticket?

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 13:40 - Jul 28 with 3133 viewsTVOS1907

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 13:17 - Jul 28 by TalkingSutty

+1. Pi**ing in the wind springs to mind.

Wasn't that a book about Dale's 95/96 campaign?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 13:42 - Jul 28 with 3111 viewsTVOS1907

And the wheel turns full circle....

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 13:51 - Jul 28 with 3037 viewsD_Alien

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 13:42 - Jul 28 by TVOS1907

And the wheel turns full circle....

It may have come off before it got there, for some people

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 13:55 - Jul 28 with 2995 viewstazzydjr

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 13:16 - Jul 28 by Sandyman

"Early Bird" promotion + voucher from last season's ticket = £252.50 for 23 games in The Sandy, not £460. Planning & saving pays dividends, as you know from your trip to the U21 competition.

I would of probably got a season ticket during the "Early Bird" period if the club actually informed people that PTL is no longer being accepted

I feel like the club basically done it after the deadline so they can try and extract more money which is naughty it's like a loan shark type thing

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 14:02 - Jul 28 with 2939 viewsSaxonDale

Getting the thread back on topic...

Sky are reporting that Rochdale have rejected a bit of 100k from Barnsley. Now I know Whitey's lot can be a bit deluded but on what planet is a 20 goal league 1 midfielder worth only £100,000? I hope that pisstake offer has made us add another £100,000 onto our actual asking price.
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 14:10 - Jul 28 with 2854 viewsD_Alien

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 14:02 - Jul 28 by SaxonDale

Getting the thread back on topic...

Sky are reporting that Rochdale have rejected a bit of 100k from Barnsley. Now I know Whitey's lot can be a bit deluded but on what planet is a 20 goal league 1 midfielder worth only £100,000? I hope that pisstake offer has made us add another £100,000 onto our actual asking price.

Simply intended to unsettle the player, as a starter.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 14:10 - Jul 28 with 2844 viewsHK_Dale

Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 13:55 - Jul 28 by tazzydjr

I would of probably got a season ticket during the "Early Bird" period if the club actually informed people that PTL is no longer being accepted

I feel like the club basically done it after the deadline so they can try and extract more money which is naughty it's like a loan shark type thing

But you have been told numerous times how you don't need to pay more money. in fact, you can pay c. £300 quid less than the early bird and help the club you love in the process.

Furthermore doing a Goldbond round will enable you to carry on your Club promotion role you enjoy so much.

It's not been done to slight you personally...
Henderson: Barnsley approach? on 14:33 - Jul 28 with 2711 viewselectricblue

Only way to end these rumours is for henderson to sign a contract extension....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024