Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans given a chance to design next season's kit 13:44 - Aug 29 with 17496 views442Dale

Small piece in today's programme about it. Full details on OS on Tuesday.

Great news.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 14:05 - Aug 29 with 7653 viewsBrighouseDale

No sleep for you then over the next fortnight 442!

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 14:09 - Aug 29 with 7647 viewsD_Alien

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 14:05 - Aug 29 by BrighouseDale

No sleep for you then over the next fortnight 442!

Unless he tries counting hoops on socks

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 16:00 - Aug 29 with 7465 viewsSalwaDale

BLUE AND BLACK. BLUE AND BLACK. BLUE AND BLACK. BLUE AND BLACK. BLUE AND BLACK. BLUE AND BLACK. BLUE AND BLACK. BLUE AND BLACK. BLUE AND BLACK. BLUE AND BLACK. BLUE AND BLACK. BLUE AND BLACK.

TBBT

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 19:12 - Aug 29 with 7233 viewsTalkingSutty

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 16:00 - Aug 29 by SalwaDale

BLUE AND BLACK. BLUE AND BLACK. BLUE AND BLACK. BLUE AND BLACK. BLUE AND BLACK. BLUE AND BLACK. BLUE AND BLACK. BLUE AND BLACK. BLUE AND BLACK. BLUE AND BLACK. BLUE AND BLACK. BLUE AND BLACK.

Yellow and green stripes would make a nice away kit, really glad the Club have seen sense and got the fans on board. It would be nice to make a final decision on the Club colours and stick with them.
Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 19:27 - Aug 29 with 7194 views1mark1

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 16:00 - Aug 29 by SalwaDale

I agree

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 20:14 - Aug 29 with 7148 viewsDaleblueranger

Bring back the STRIPES... end of!
Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 21:20 - Aug 29 with 7026 viewsbocadave

At last the board see sense. black & blue stripes please.
Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 23:54 - Aug 29 with 6866 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Just do a good job 442..........you and the other guy (remind me please) have a history of producing good ideas,

Black and Blue from me too.
Login to get fewer ads

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 14:50 - Aug 30 with 6694 viewsBrierls

This really is great news. For me its a no brainer for the club to involve the fans in choosing the kit, they're the ones that are going to be buying it! I presume the club/Errea will put forward several templates for fans to choose from, lets home there are a few blue/black striped options amongst them.

As many have said above, please, please, PLEASE can we see a return to blue & black stripes.
Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 18:32 - Aug 30 with 6565 viewsYouTubeDale

It's got to be thick blue and black stripes for me - no pin stripes.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Rochdale/Rochdale.htm

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 18:51 - Aug 30 with 6546 views442Dale

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 23:54 - Aug 29 by Yorkshire_Dale

Just do a good job 442..........you and the other guy (remind me please) have a history of producing good ideas,

Black and Blue from me too.

Not sure why it's my job! Plenty of people have the right idea about what will work well for Dale, leading to a shirt that will both look good and sell very well. Getting a kit right is actually quite simple to achieve, unfortunately it's just as easy to get wrong. I won't bore you all again now with a detailed explanation of why that's relevant.

The most important thing is that fans get a chance to have a proper input; something that's been taken on board by those involved in the marketing of the club and that has also been mentioned on here time and again.

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 20:32 - Aug 30 with 6441 views1mark1

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 18:32 - Aug 30 by YouTubeDale

It's got to be thick blue and black stripes for me - no pin stripes.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Rochdale/Rochdale.htm

2008-2009 or 2012-2013 would be my preference. Agree thick stripes look better, in blue and black.

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 00:16 - Aug 31 with 6280 viewsdingdangblue

Would love this

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 00:20 - Aug 31 with 6272 viewsbocadave

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 00:16 - Aug 31 by dingdangblue

Would love this

Me too.
Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 11:18 - Aug 31 with 6094 viewsboromat

If memory serves last time we were given the choice we somehow ended up with pinstripes :-(. The majority on here wanted thick stripes as well. I hope if it is done with online voting that we do better than last time.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 11:43 - Aug 31 with 6064 viewsToffeemanc

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 11:18 - Aug 31 by boromat

If memory serves last time we were given the choice we somehow ended up with pinstripes :-(. The majority on here wanted thick stripes as well. I hope if it is done with online voting that we do better than last time.

That is my worry too.
The problem with online voting is that it is open to anyone with Internet access and won't necessarily be genuine Dale fans voting. I'm sure that's why we ended up with an away strip that looked like a Bury kit as well as the pinstripe kit.

Would make more sense to ask fans/ take a poll at the turnstiles entering the ground on a home match day to ensure the people voting for the kit are genuine Dale fans. It should be easy to set up, just requires someone with a clipboard and photos of the designs stood with the golden gamble sellers inside the ground.

However the voting is done there needs to be a Blue and Black striped option. It's been noticeable to me in the Pearl street stand that there are a lot of fans turning up in previous seasons blue/black shirts than the current blue/white shirt.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 11:53 - Aug 31 with 6038 views442Dale

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 11:18 - Aug 31 by boromat

We had pinstripes in 10/11 and 11/12, those shirts were not voted on by fans. The kit fans voted for was in 13/14, thin blue & black stripes of equal width. The issue then was that all three choices were poor for fans to vote on, as was mentioned at the time.

The difference this time around is that fans will hopefully be playing a bigger part in the whole process rather than "here's three kits, choose one". Let's wait and see what's announced on the OS this week. Reading what was in the programme on Saturday was a big positive.

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 13:50 - Aug 31 with 5950 viewsBartRowou

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 11:43 - Aug 31 by Toffeemanc

That is my worry too.
The problem with online voting is that it is open to anyone with Internet access and won't necessarily be genuine Dale fans voting. I'm sure that's why we ended up with an away strip that looked like a Bury kit as well as the pinstripe kit.

Would make more sense to ask fans/ take a poll at the turnstiles entering the ground on a home match day to ensure the people voting for the kit are genuine Dale fans. It should be easy to set up, just requires someone with a clipboard and photos of the designs stood with the golden gamble sellers inside the ground.

However the voting is done there needs to be a Blue and Black striped option. It's been noticeable to me in the Pearl street stand that there are a lot of fans turning up in previous seasons blue/black shirts than the current blue/white shirt.

Spot on. Any voting should be done on a cold Tuesday night between November and February when the kids aren't allowed out and the part-timers are watching Champions League. That way you're more likely to get a Burnham of a kit than a Corbyn.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 13:51 - Aug 31 with 5945 views442Dale

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 13:50 - Aug 31 by BartRowou

Spot on. Any voting should be done on a cold Tuesday night between November and February when the kids aren't allowed out and the part-timers are watching Champions League. That way you're more likely to get a Burnham of a kit than a Corbyn.

Except there won't ever be any red.

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 14:21 - Aug 31 with 5896 viewsTVOS1907

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 11:43 - Aug 31 by Toffeemanc

That is my worry too.

The wording of the sentence in the programme is 'The Board of Directors want to give supporters the opportunity to design the 2016/17 kit!'

Interpreting that literally, there will be plenty of supporter input on designs before they even go to a vote.

It's good that the club are involving the fans again and that they don't see such input and opinion as irrelevant.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 15:07 - Aug 31 with 5825 views1mark1

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 13:51 - Aug 31 by 442Dale

Except there won't ever be any red.

No it would be pale (Tory) blue.(if based on Burnham)
[Post edited 31 Aug 2015 15:16]

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 15:09 - Aug 31 with 5812 viewsisitme

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 15:07 - Aug 31 by 1mark1

No it would be pale (Tory) blue.(if based on Burnham)
[Post edited 31 Aug 2015 15:16]

Maybe it should be green?
Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 15:15 - Aug 31 with 5797 views1mark1

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 15:09 - Aug 31 by isitme

Maybe it should be green?

No way. Always dark Blue/Black for Dale. Green/red for my politics.

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 16:24 - Aug 31 with 5713 viewsYouTubeDale

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 00:16 - Aug 31 by dingdangblue

Would love this

That's funny, this is how I imagined it, with a black collar,very thick stripes,with a black central stripe.

Looks great.

I was looking forward to buying a shirt this season but declined when the blue/black stripe option wasn't made available.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2015 16:24]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Fans given a chance to design next season's kit on 13:06 - Sep 1 with 5466 viewsToffeemanc

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17-kit-design-competition-2661889

Details from the club of the competition to design the new kit.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024