Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 2031483 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:13 - Jan 28 with 3780 viewsblackdogblue

Same old Bury….

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:08 - Jan 28 with 3437 viewsSandyman

"incredibly small percentage of Bury supporters" Same old same old excuse for repeat misdemeanours.

Anyone remember Roger's "incredibly hard working" excuse for abject failure as well?

"Incredibly" seems to be the adverb of choice for serial failures, narcissists and the denial of responsibility these days.

Incredible, isn't it, or maybe not given the examples above.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:17 - Jan 29 with 3260 viewsRodingdale

Amusing as it is poking fun at our former neighbour- isn’t it wearing a tad thin given our slow quiet demise?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:53 - Jan 29 with 3110 viewsfrenzied

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:17 - Jan 29 by Rodingdale

Amusing as it is poking fun at our former neighbour- isn’t it wearing a tad thin given our slow quiet demise?

spot on
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:15 - Jan 29 with 2965 viewsBarryStrange

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:08 - Jan 28 by Sandyman

"incredibly small percentage of Bury supporters" Same old same old excuse for repeat misdemeanours.

Anyone remember Roger's "incredibly hard working" excuse for abject failure as well?

"Incredibly" seems to be the adverb of choice for serial failures, narcissists and the denial of responsibility these days.

Incredible, isn't it, or maybe not given the examples above.

How do? Had a feeling this would have piqued some interest over here so thought I'd put a perspective from our side of Heywood.

Reality is we have a small, but consistent and persistent group of cretins (which will be no surprise to you) who have discovered you can spend the afternoon getting leathered relatively cheaply at NWCL level football.

Probably the second best thing about vacating the Football League (after not having to care about what the EFL itself does or says - I hope you're enjoying that one too) was getting rid of pathetic testosterone, tribal BS that so often infects live football - most of us now are enjoying the surprise luxury of having our ground back, and meeting the decent folk you find at non league clubs we'd never met before. It's largely just nice being at games. Sadly we have still got a spare bank of turds that seem to believe football is the justification for being as obnoxious as humanly possible.

Blows my mind anyone is self-indulgent enough to run on the pitch when we are in the middle of appealing a two game stadium ban (which is hugely disproportionate when you think nothing like that will happen to WBA, or Port Vale, or Sheff Weds in the last fortnight alone but surely going to get upheld now), but there we are. Further blows my mind that some people are piling on the club for doing the only thing left open to it and banning the sale of beers during the game.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:25 - Jan 29 with 2953 viewsZac_B

Yes, particularly when it's about fan behaviour, having seen Dale 'fans' at Halifax square up to fellow fans who were at the game with their family.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:28 - Jan 29 with 2948 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:15 - Jan 29 by BarryStrange

How do? Had a feeling this would have piqued some interest over here so thought I'd put a perspective from our side of Heywood.

Reality is we have a small, but consistent and persistent group of cretins (which will be no surprise to you) who have discovered you can spend the afternoon getting leathered relatively cheaply at NWCL level football.

Probably the second best thing about vacating the Football League (after not having to care about what the EFL itself does or says - I hope you're enjoying that one too) was getting rid of pathetic testosterone, tribal BS that so often infects live football - most of us now are enjoying the surprise luxury of having our ground back, and meeting the decent folk you find at non league clubs we'd never met before. It's largely just nice being at games. Sadly we have still got a spare bank of turds that seem to believe football is the justification for being as obnoxious as humanly possible.

Blows my mind anyone is self-indulgent enough to run on the pitch when we are in the middle of appealing a two game stadium ban (which is hugely disproportionate when you think nothing like that will happen to WBA, or Port Vale, or Sheff Weds in the last fortnight alone but surely going to get upheld now), but there we are. Further blows my mind that some people are piling on the club for doing the only thing left open to it and banning the sale of beers during the game.

Agree with most of that, but the message from the club seems to be that the cretins can be identified. Therefore, why ban the sale of ale? Just ban the cretins

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:49 - Jan 29 with 2906 viewsBarryStrange

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:28 - Jan 29 by D_Alien

Agree with most of that, but the message from the club seems to be that the cretins can be identified. Therefore, why ban the sale of ale? Just ban the cretins

I suspect the issue is that the cretins from Saturday can be identified but there are clearly more cretins at play - the comments on the club's FB post certainly suggest that the right to act like a knob has quite a bit of support.

And TBH given where we are with various authorities at present the club has to look like it's doing something. Although when we only open one side of the ground properly, the instruction to the players is a bit ridiculous, and will presumably get ignored.

Also drinking during the game at Gigg goes all the way back to July 2023. Most people have lived without it before - I'd suggest the club suspend it for now and bring it back for the last couple of games.
Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:26 - Jan 29 with 2761 viewsblackdogblue

Most clubs have issues with yoofs, look at the BIFFOS & us tbh…

From what I have seen / heard ours seem to have gone quiet..

Rivalry aside and first hand at Gigg Lane & Boundry Park of the years, it’s not nice for family’s & needs tougher penalties from the Police not just banning orders which are ridiculously hard to enforce properly

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:03 - Jan 29 with 2593 viewsblackdogblue

Nope….

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:13 - Feb 17 with 1738 viewsblackdogblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:28 - Jan 29 by D_Alien

This is fookin priceless…. buckets have been shaking hard today…

Sorry DA… no relation to your post👍
[Post edited 17 Feb 18:14]

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:23 - Feb 17 with 1693 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:13 - Feb 17 by blackdogblue

This is fookin priceless…. buckets have been shaking hard today…

Sorry DA… no relation to your post👍
[Post edited 17 Feb 18:14]

No worries

The relationship is in the stupidity, as ever!

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:30 - Feb 17 with 1653 viewsblackdogblue

lol… there was a tweet on X earlier of about 800 buckets singing on the Ferry…

Oh dear…

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:33 - Feb 17 with 1634 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:30 - Feb 17 by blackdogblue

lol… there was a tweet on X earlier of about 800 buckets singing on the Ferry…

Oh dear…

The tweet about giving up seats is timed after the postponement!?

Might as well laugh at summat, no words for what's happening at the COA

[Post edited 17 Feb 18:34]

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:34 - Feb 17 with 1631 views442Dale

From what I can gather, the Bury players were flying over and planes couldn’t land in the IOM due to fog. They’re now trying to look at all options to get the game played tomorrow morning.

Whilst some of it may sound a bit tinpot, those who currently reside in a house made of glass…

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:46 - Feb 17 with 1575 viewsblackdogblue

They should have got the Ferrry 😎 (found it)

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:57 - Feb 17 with 1437 viewsblackdogblue

Talking of comedy.. like the fookin Chuckle Brothers…

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:25 - Feb 19 with 1085 viewsBarryStrange

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:57 - Feb 17 by blackdogblue

Talking of comedy.. like the fookin Chuckle Brothers…

Saturday was eventful, and I don't think I have had more "WTF" messages from mates about BFC since 2019 than I did when that Twitter request for space on a flight went out. Possibly the most I have winced at a BFC Tweet since Steve Dale had the club's Twitter password.

Not a lot we could do about the initial flight (apparently IOM underwrite away teams going there so everyone flies on the morning of the game), but thereafter it got pretty weird all afternoon culminating in IOM accusing us of never wanting to play the game and our manager putting out a surprisingly well argued rebuttal and enhancing his own popularity significantly.

Ultimately we are a volunteer run club these days, and everything about the experience was new. Still, we managed to get everyone there and get it played against the backdrop of this morning's announcement that we are installing a 3G pitch over the summer.

Ended up winning 2-0 yesterday morning in front of about 80% of the people who had gone to IOM in the first place and went back top of the NWCL. And the IOM referred to us as "Bury AFC" throughout, which annoyed all the right people.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024