Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terrible 17:07 - Oct 24 with 21314 views1907

Negative. Boring. Anti football. Bad.
Terrible on 13:40 - Oct 25 with 4403 viewsaleanddale

Terrible on 12:39 - Oct 25 by AtThePeake

This will be my last post on this board.

What a bunch of absolute mongs we must look to opposition fans reading this thread. Three 0-0 draws this week are by no means fantastic results, but one was against a team who have spent massive money over the summer, one against a former Premier League club with an ex-England international in their ranks and one against a team who twice beat us 3-0 last season - and some of you are wondering whether Hilly is starting to lose it like he did at Barnsley. FFS.

The reason Hill says he is the best manager in the history of the club is because he IS. Okay, he may have tried something different with Allen wide left today and it may not have come off, but how many times as he tried something different and it has come off? Matt Done as a lone striker anyone? Callum Camps starting against Nottingham Forest? Signing Craig Dawson, Scott Hogan and Donal McDermott from the depths of non-league.

Alessandra might be offloaded in January? You mean the lad who has started just four games for us so far - and scored in two of them? One bad miss and you lot are straight on his back - anyone remember that O'Grady miss at Gigg Lane?

The Sheffield United defeat may have been more entertaining, But the point from each of these 0-0 draws will be far more valuable come the end of the season.

You constantly call Bury fans for being deluded but the real delusion is on this board at the moment as far as I can see. They MIGHT have a wealthy benefactor. They certainly have a better squad. They have every right to feel their side is worthy of promotion to the Championship this term. The delusion here that we should be in any way pushing for a promotion this season when we have one of the smallest fanbases and budgets in the division is laughable. A top half finish would be an INCREDIBLE achievement for us once again - and that's exactly where we are now.

We're a bottom-half League Two club in the top half of League One and to be questioning Hilly at this stage is absolutely embarrassing. I might not agree with everything Hilly says or does from the off but he knows a damn sight more than me and a damn sight more than you and that's why we've won two promotions under him. That's why this club is in the top half of League One and not battling to stay in League Two as we were in most seasons prior to his first appointment. That's why we're (incredibly) a solid side at this level and not getting relegated as we were in our only season in League One without him.

Why your last post ATP.

Reconsider the board is better with more variety.

Better with your posts than without.
Terrible on 13:41 - Oct 25 with 4400 viewsBlueMessiah

Terrible on 13:28 - Oct 25 by D_Alien

I always thought disruption was the entire point of a messageboard

Seriously though, we do need people with the ability to post with intelligence and wit, even if we disagree with them. The post by midlandsdale was controversial but worth reading and responding to. Isn't the whole point of a liberal education about inculcating the ability and desire to engage in debate and reach our own conclusions?

[Post edited 25 Oct 2015 13:28]

Absolutely correct, however it's not always what you say but how you say it - just ask ParkinsGimp.

Poll: Do I Know You?

Terrible on 13:46 - Oct 25 with 4383 viewsTalkingSutty

Terrible on 13:28 - Oct 25 by D_Alien

I always thought disruption was the entire point of a messageboard

Seriously though, we do need people with the ability to post with intelligence and wit, even if we disagree with them. The post by midlandsdale was controversial but worth reading and responding to. Isn't the whole point of a liberal education about inculcating the ability and desire to engage in debate and reach our own conclusions?

[Post edited 25 Oct 2015 13:28]

Agree. Compiling posts in order to seek approval from your mates or currying favours reveals a high level of insecurity and it's soooo boring. Having spoken to the manager on a couple of occasions i think he appreciates honesty over fanny and questioning his team selection etc would result in a reasonable discussion, he probably wouldn't agree with you though.

There's no need to pretend he gets everything right and it's not treason to question him, it's normal. He gets most things right though.
Terrible on 13:55 - Oct 25 with 4357 viewsSuddenLad

Terrible on 12:39 - Oct 25 by AtThePeake

This will be my last post on this board.

What a bunch of absolute mongs we must look to opposition fans reading this thread. Three 0-0 draws this week are by no means fantastic results, but one was against a team who have spent massive money over the summer, one against a former Premier League club with an ex-England international in their ranks and one against a team who twice beat us 3-0 last season - and some of you are wondering whether Hilly is starting to lose it like he did at Barnsley. FFS.

The reason Hill says he is the best manager in the history of the club is because he IS. Okay, he may have tried something different with Allen wide left today and it may not have come off, but how many times as he tried something different and it has come off? Matt Done as a lone striker anyone? Callum Camps starting against Nottingham Forest? Signing Craig Dawson, Scott Hogan and Donal McDermott from the depths of non-league.

Alessandra might be offloaded in January? You mean the lad who has started just four games for us so far - and scored in two of them? One bad miss and you lot are straight on his back - anyone remember that O'Grady miss at Gigg Lane?

The Sheffield United defeat may have been more entertaining, But the point from each of these 0-0 draws will be far more valuable come the end of the season.

You constantly call Bury fans for being deluded but the real delusion is on this board at the moment as far as I can see. They MIGHT have a wealthy benefactor. They certainly have a better squad. They have every right to feel their side is worthy of promotion to the Championship this term. The delusion here that we should be in any way pushing for a promotion this season when we have one of the smallest fanbases and budgets in the division is laughable. A top half finish would be an INCREDIBLE achievement for us once again - and that's exactly where we are now.

We're a bottom-half League Two club in the top half of League One and to be questioning Hilly at this stage is absolutely embarrassing. I might not agree with everything Hilly says or does from the off but he knows a damn sight more than me and a damn sight more than you and that's why we've won two promotions under him. That's why this club is in the top half of League One and not battling to stay in League Two as we were in most seasons prior to his first appointment. That's why we're (incredibly) a solid side at this level and not getting relegated as we were in our only season in League One without him.

Never mind Coventry, (who never win at Spotland). There's ex-Premiership Oldham Athletic and former FA Cup winners Bury FC, all in the space of 3 games.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Terrible on 14:11 - Oct 25 with 4320 viewsTalkingSutty

Terrible on 13:55 - Oct 25 by SuddenLad

Never mind Coventry, (who never win at Spotland). There's ex-Premiership Oldham Athletic and former FA Cup winners Bury FC, all in the space of 3 games.

It's been a tough week when you look at the fixtures and with a bit of luck our two home games could have quite easily resulted in 6 points. Three clean sheets, no wins but no defeats. More positives than negatives? I think so.
Terrible on 14:46 - Oct 25 with 4278 viewsBrierls

Yesterday was an awful game to watch. There's no getting away from that.

Postitives? Another clean sheet. Negatives? A complete lack of the "no fear" approach that has brought us success.

Jamie Allen is a fantastic young player. Lets play him where he can influence and dictate the game. That isn't out wide, and its not deep in midfield. He runs the show from the middle of the park where he is able to receive the ball. Yesterday there were very few bright spots, but the small periods of positivity came when Allen was central and bringing us forward.

Don't get me started on Lancashire. He is simply not good enough. It speaks volumes that we've just kept our third clean sheet on the bounce and many fans are still asking questions about Lancashire being in the team.

I think we have a bit of a conundrum with Alessandra. I like him a lot, but we don't seem to be clicking with him in the side. I think we should give it a bit more time, but we need to work at the partnership between Hendo and Alessandra. It worked a treat with Done, and we need to play them in exactly the same way.

The derby games were painful to watch, the Coventry game in between was a joy to watch even though it was 0-0. Onwards and upwards!
Terrible on 16:22 - Oct 25 with 4125 viewsDaley_Lama

Sack the manager

Matial isn't a winger, why did he stick him out on the wing?
We looked devoid of attacking threat until we brought on height and went long ball to Fellani?
That Ollie Jones is rubbish, many fans have been asking how he is in the team despite us not conceding for over 270 minutes?

Well played manager

De Bryun out on the wing unbalanced the opposition even if he isn't a winger
Height isn't everything, bringing Toure off for Demechelis was wise, he covered Fellani in most parts
That Otamendi is amazing, MOM, player of the season.

Tele Sevalas once nicked my comb.

Poll: DF in or out

Terrible on 16:29 - Oct 25 with 4105 viewsTVOS1907

Terrible on 12:54 - Oct 25 by TalkingSutty

Don't go.

[Post edited 25 Oct 2015 16:32]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Terrible on 16:33 - Oct 25 with 4089 viewsTVOS1907

Terrible on 23:49 - Oct 24 by Yorkshire_Dale

That's another shit derby!

Why?

Terrible on 16:33 - Oct 25 with 4086 viewsfitzochris

That Manc derby though...

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Terrible on 16:57 - Oct 25 with 3997 viewsBartRowou

Terrible on 16:33 - Oct 25 by TVOS1907

Why?

Derbies are generally poor these days for at least two reasons.

1. It's way too easy to get a yellow card which means players have to think twice before going in hard for the rest of the game. About 20 years ago, you could pull out a "reducer" and get a ticking off; these days, it's a straight red. See below.

2. The change from one to three subs over the years has made it much easier to keep the status quo on the pitch and has had a massive impact on the outcome of games. Take yesterday: Jones goes off in the first half and their sub comes on. With one sub, they have nobody else to come on and towards the end of the game will be much more tired than they were yesterday. We push on and it's like the Alamo.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Terrible on 17:09 - Oct 25 with 3946 viewsTVOS1907

Terrible on 16:57 - Oct 25 by BartRowou

Derbies are generally poor these days for at least two reasons.

1. It's way too easy to get a yellow card which means players have to think twice before going in hard for the rest of the game. About 20 years ago, you could pull out a "reducer" and get a ticking off; these days, it's a straight red. See below.

2. The change from one to three subs over the years has made it much easier to keep the status quo on the pitch and has had a massive impact on the outcome of games. Take yesterday: Jones goes off in the first half and their sub comes on. With one sub, they have nobody else to come on and towards the end of the game will be much more tired than they were yesterday. We push on and it's like the Alamo.

Both of which could happen versus, say, Barnet.

After years of games against Barnet, Dagenham, Hartlepool, Wycombe, Exeter, Torquay, etc, a fixture list which features the likes of Bradford, Sheffield United, Oldham, Coventry and Wigan in little over a month is anything but 'shit'.

Terrible on 19:04 - Oct 25 with 3763 viewsJimmyRustler

People have a right to be frustrated.

Emotions run high straight after the game but on saying that, I don't think anything that's been said on this thread is OTT or unfair and as has already been pointed out, the large majority of points have been put across quite eloquently.

If this thread has rattled you ATP then god knows what you've thought of some of the shite that's been spouted on here in the past.

You'll be back though. A few people have pleaded with you not to go and that's what you wanted isn't it?

Hehe
[Post edited 25 Oct 2015 19:06]
Terrible on 22:18 - Oct 25 with 3590 viewsoa85

That was painful to watch. Extremely painful. I actually thought Rochdale played better last year in the 0-3. I know that sounds stupid but there wasn't much in that game, we were just clinical. We were terrible yesterday and have been for most of the season but I don't think we will go down. This squad on a paper should be nowhere near the bottom four.
Terrible on 06:42 - Oct 26 with 3438 viewsMBoothman

My comments on this post, and other people's on the same theme are constructive in the most. But the fact remains we are looking toothless up front, a look at the Goals Scored column would indicate. I just don't think Hi has the team to score that many at the minute, hence him playing very safe football. Its a measure of how he's changed as a manager, and probably better for it. Like I said, I think some players will be moved on - Rose, because he's fell out with KH by all accounts, Bunney, ashes not good enough, Alessandra because he doesn't fit the style, and RNL because he doesn't fit into his shorts. Looking forward to changes - I think the team needs new blood for us to kick on.

Yes. That IS Sako.

Terrible on 12:04 - Oct 26 with 3251 viewsParkinsGimp

Terrible on 12:47 - Oct 25 by Dalenet

I agree with almost everything you say and I am pleased with 3 clean sheets after our recent defensive woes.

But we are in the entertainment industry and we desperately need new fans. We got barely 1900 home fans against the so called ex Premiership team on Tuesday. We can't sustain a conference club never mind a league one club on that size of gate over a long period so we need to find ways of getting people to watch us. And playing faster paced football and scoring a few goals is what many are looking for. You can't knock those that are looking for that

Well conference league gates for conference league standard players.
We have far too many poor players, some of which the mongs love, which always worries me....I cant get people to come up to the Dale since we are not entertaining, We dont even look like scoring and our mongs claim the likes of Andrew and Mendez-laing are the ones to terrorise defences.....come on please. Andrew gets clapped for getting his head to the ball , not actually sending it anywhere and ML came from cambridge FFS .
Perhaps Calvin Andrew could be better suited in centre defence? Worked for Dean Walling?I suppose he hasnt got the pace?
Terrible on 12:33 - Oct 26 with 3231 viewsTVOS1907

Terrible on 12:04 - Oct 26 by ParkinsGimp

We have far too many poor players, some of which the mongs love, which always worries me....I cant get people to come up to the Dale since we are not entertaining, We dont even look like scoring and our mongs claim the likes of Andrew and Mendez-laing are the ones to terrorise defences.....come on please. Andrew gets clapped for getting his head to the ball , not actually sending it anywhere and ML came from cambridge FFS .
Perhaps Calvin Andrew could be better suited in centre defence? Worked for Dean Walling?I suppose he hasnt got the pace?

As mentioned before, there's only one mong round here.

Any comments on Henderson's new contract?

Terrible on 12:35 - Oct 26 with 3222 viewsroccydaleian

You really are one first class prick Gimpy..
Terrible on 12:47 - Oct 26 with 3194 viewsdingdangblue

What have you got against Cambridge - that's twice you've mentioned them. ( apart from there's probably a few people with brain's live there).

Peter Vincenti came from Aldershot
Craig Dawson came from Radcliffe
Matt Done came from Hereford
Scott Hogan came from Hyde

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Terrible on 18:04 - Oct 26 with 3062 viewsShun

Just thought I'd add a note of much-needed positivity on to this thread. Nobody, barring the top 4, has conceded less than is this season.
Terrible on 19:51 - Oct 26 with 2948 viewsRotherhamDale

You're on the wind up. You've got to be.

Why've I taken the bait? Bollox.

Possession with progression.

Terrible on 22:00 - Oct 26 with 2791 viewsDaleiLama

Terrible on 19:51 - Oct 26 by RotherhamDale

You're on the wind up. You've got to be.

Why've I taken the bait? Bollox.

Difficult not to take the cheese, but he loads the traps on a regular basis.
#Willpower

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024