Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament 10:11 - Oct 26 with 8657 viewsDale_Trust

How do,

Members of the Trust Board will be meeting with the Club Directors next Month, so if any members have questions to put to the Directors please send them in.

We'll only be asking questions sent by email or brought to the Trust Desk, so fire away!

Please also remember, if members have any questions about the Trust, it's events, fundraising or general queries please get in touch, by email or at the Trust Desk.

Details here -
http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2015/10/meeting-with-directors/

Also,

Our annual 5 a Side tournament will be held at the usual venue, The Soccer Factory on Sunday 6th December 2015 2.00pm - 6.00pm.

The Tournament will be raising funds for the Dale Trust chosen charity Rochdale Children's Moorland Home.

All the details are entry form are here -
http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2015/10/dale-trust-5-a-side-tournament-sunday-6th-dec
Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 18:03 - Dec 4 with 2142 viewsTalkingSutty

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 09:33 - Dec 4 by ChaffRAFC

With regards to the "bring a friend" vouchers, I simply do not understand why Goldbond agents don't get these vouchers in their season tickets. I understand we don't get the additional vouchers like money off a shirt or free pie or whatever but why do we not have the opportunity to bring friends in for reduced prices? It can only be a case of worrying that people will just bring people who would come anyway which, with me at least, simply isn't the case.

I had to use a friends vouchers to be able to bring a Manchester City fan to the Coventry game and a Leeds fan to a game last season because it wasn't in my book and I had at least three other lads who wanted to join us, all fans of other clubs, most season ticket holders at their clubs. They take an interest in Rochdale but can't afford to go and watch two teams regularly so because my two goldbond season tickets didn't have vouchers in, the club missed out on three fans wanting the offer. Money that they club would not have had under normal circumstances.

Very frustrating.

P.S - I know I should have brought this issue up at the last meeting with the directors but will be certainly doing so next time.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Why on earth don't Goldbond agents get the vouchers included? What a petty thing to do.Goldbond agents are like gold dust to the club.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2015 18:31]
Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 12:44 - Dec 5 with 2042 viewsTVOS1907

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 12:08 - Dec 4 by ColDale

I'd argue that the majority of vouchers are simply used to give existing supporters cheaper admission rather than being used by supporters to increase the fan base.

So something is not being done properly then.

I've never used any of my vouchers and I've never been contacted by the club about it.

The low percentages should set alarm bells ringing, especially as it appears around 90% of the vouchers are not used and this isn't subsequently followed up.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 13:38 - Dec 5 with 2010 viewsTalkingSutty

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 12:44 - Dec 5 by TVOS1907

So something is not being done properly then.

I've never used any of my vouchers and I've never been contacted by the club about it.

The low percentages should set alarm bells ringing, especially as it appears around 90% of the vouchers are not used and this isn't subsequently followed up.

It's a easy option to stuff some vouchers into the season tickets and assume that supporters will do the work. Identify the potential customer and go to the ticket office to process the voucher etc.

I can't get anybody to use my vouchers apart from fans who I know who already attend games. I don't feel guilty letting one of those get into the game for a reduced price from time to time, footballs expensive and when you have a family to support saving a few quid is important.

The upcoming Colchester game would have been a good one to advertise around Town as a reduced price for the whole Stadium or even free entrance ( payment already received for 1400 season ticket holders). Stock the Club Shop up for Xmas and give out a shop voucher to all fans and really advertise the upcoming games over the festive season. Get father Xmas to throw out sweets etc to the kids. It won't happen though,it takes foresight.

In fact a club shop discount voucher could have been included with every Goldbond sheet for December, ideal time to buy some Xmas presents.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2015 13:40]
Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 13:42 - Dec 5 with 2005 viewsTVOS1907

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 13:38 - Dec 5 by TalkingSutty

It's a easy option to stuff some vouchers into the season tickets and assume that supporters will do the work. Identify the potential customer and go to the ticket office to process the voucher etc.

I can't get anybody to use my vouchers apart from fans who I know who already attend games. I don't feel guilty letting one of those get into the game for a reduced price from time to time, footballs expensive and when you have a family to support saving a few quid is important.

The upcoming Colchester game would have been a good one to advertise around Town as a reduced price for the whole Stadium or even free entrance ( payment already received for 1400 season ticket holders). Stock the Club Shop up for Xmas and give out a shop voucher to all fans and really advertise the upcoming games over the festive season. Get father Xmas to throw out sweets etc to the kids. It won't happen though,it takes foresight.

In fact a club shop discount voucher could have been included with every Goldbond sheet for December, ideal time to buy some Xmas presents.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2015 13:40]

The Colchester game is apparently free entry for Under 16s with one of those vouchers.

Agree with everything you say, though.

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 13:59 - Dec 5 with 1997 viewsTalkingSutty

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 13:42 - Dec 5 by TVOS1907

The Colchester game is apparently free entry for Under 16s with one of those vouchers.

Agree with everything you say, though.

'Free football for Christmas' and a visit from Father Xmas in the Club Shop between 1pm- 3pm when he will be giving out discount shopping vouchers, toffees for the kids etc. Stock the shop though because it's looked pretty sparse since the re-fit.

We will probably be lucky to get 300 paying supporters on the day of the game anyway, money which would easily be clawed back in shop sales, refreshments, programmes,Bar takings and ticket sales for the festive games. It would need promoting heavily though to make people aware in advance.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2015 14:04]
Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 12:18 - Dec 9 with 1871 viewsdingdangblue

However, season ticket sales are up this season by 3.6% - total 1411. This is in addition to a rise of 13.5% last season to the previous one (League 1 from League 2).

200 Under seven's (free)

350 Junior season ticket holders.

Question: The 1411 figure? Does that include the 200 under 7's free tickets?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 17:50 - Dec 9 with 1789 viewspioneer

another question, does the announced attendance include all season ticket holders, or just those who have entered the stadium?
Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 18:04 - Dec 9 with 1772 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Would be nice to hear from the Head of Marketing Frances,with any proposals or activities she has planned for Christmas /New Year.
It's rather quiet on that scene.......is she still here?
Login to get fewer ads

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 18:36 - Dec 9 with 1743 views442Dale

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 18:04 - Dec 9 by Yorkshire_Dale

Would be nice to hear from the Head of Marketing Frances,with any proposals or activities she has planned for Christmas /New Year.
It's rather quiet on that scene.......is she still here?

Very unfair. There's been a marked improvement this season with plenty of new initiatives. Frances has a regular page in the programme with details about what's going on over Christmas. There is also info on the OS:

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/pre-match-christmas-party-colchester-u

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/next-at-spotland-colchester-united-284

Would we like more focus on possible ticketing ideas and maximising current ideas (all u16s free v Colchester instead of just the voucher scheme which hasn't had a great take up so far)? Yes, but maybe this is something the marketing department have some real interest in looking at going forward. Things like responding quickly and efficiently to fans' interest in being involved in choosing the kit, then the green & black shirt being made available are another example of the positive differences to the past.

I'm the first to point out where improvements can be made, but let's have some credit where it's due.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 18:55 - Dec 9 with 1708 viewsMoonyDale

At the fans forum the same question was asked re the stadium purchase. We were told it was now just a matter of dotting the i's and crossing the t's....Must be a hell of a document if it's no further on.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 21:19 - Dec 9 with 1629 viewsTVOS1907

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 18:36 - Dec 9 by 442Dale

Very unfair. There's been a marked improvement this season with plenty of new initiatives. Frances has a regular page in the programme with details about what's going on over Christmas. There is also info on the OS:

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/pre-match-christmas-party-colchester-u

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/next-at-spotland-colchester-united-284

Would we like more focus on possible ticketing ideas and maximising current ideas (all u16s free v Colchester instead of just the voucher scheme which hasn't had a great take up so far)? Yes, but maybe this is something the marketing department have some real interest in looking at going forward. Things like responding quickly and efficiently to fans' interest in being involved in choosing the kit, then the green & black shirt being made available are another example of the positive differences to the past.

I'm the first to point out where improvements can be made, but let's have some credit where it's due.

Absolutely.

Add to that new caterers up in the corporate areas (who are getting excellent reviews), well-supported Tapas nights, a whole raft of new match sponsors and programme/ground advertisers, new player sponsors, club presence at events like Feel Good, the Half Marathon, Xmas Lights Switch-On (all things that were never previously even considered) and a real impact is being made in certain areas of the club.

She is also extremely receptive to any ideas fans may have and is always prepared to discuss things with people in person or via telephone/email.

Naturally, we need crowds to increase and that is part of Frances's remit. We know things need to improve in that area, but there are only so many hours in a day and she can't do everything and wave a magic wand in just six months.

To ask if she is still at the club is quite insulting.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2015 21:36]

Meeting with the Driectors / 5 a side Tournament on 22:56 - Dec 9 with 1556 viewsRosun

She's even receptive to see how away days work. Look, she's given up a 9-5 Monday - Friday safe council job with guaranteed final pension to take on the unknown.
There's a spare seat Chicken for Swindon away or Scunthorpe away to see how not to do it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024