Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham 16:52 - Nov 7 with 20738 viewsSuddenLad

Lose 1 - 0 in FA Cup. Surely, that's the end of LJ....... ??

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 16:54 - Nov 7 with 11152 viewsdingdangblue

Cant believe they've not got rid already. Surely inevitable now.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 17:08 - Nov 7 with 11083 viewsnordenblue

Such a shame for a lovely club
Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 17:29 - Nov 7 with 10963 viewsregjenkins

they've done us a couple of times in the past.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 17:31 - Nov 7 with 10951 viewsfunkkk

Was at this game, Barnsley seemed pretty devoid of ideas. They were clearly far superior technically but created very little. Alty deserved it really, not sure if the Barnsley fans were expecting defeat but they were very quiet throughout.
Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 17:42 - Nov 7 with 10880 viewselectricblue

That is the 17th league team beaten by Alty...
Some record..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 17:55 - Nov 7 with 10790 viewsKenBoon

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 17:31 - Nov 7 by funkkk

Was at this game, Barnsley seemed pretty devoid of ideas. They were clearly far superior technically but created very little. Alty deserved it really, not sure if the Barnsley fans were expecting defeat but they were very quiet throughout.

But a great big massive following right? What a great set of fans. Second Tier level of devotion. Great stuff. Deserve better. South Yorkshire.

The last word should go to Frank Sidebottom

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 18:12 - Nov 7 with 10670 viewsdingdangblue

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 17:55 - Nov 7 by KenBoon

But a great big massive following right? What a great set of fans. Second Tier level of devotion. Great stuff. Deserve better. South Yorkshire.

800 or so away following. Match was live on Setanta Ireland so bet a few stayed at home bearing in mind their pathetic form.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 18:19 - Nov 7 with 10628 viewsfunkkk

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 18:12 - Nov 7 by dingdangblue

800 or so away following. Match was live on Setanta Ireland so bet a few stayed at home bearing in mind their pathetic form.

Not sure what their allocation was but the stand seemed pretty full though hard to tell with terracing. Can't have been nice watching their team lose to a bunch of cloggers in an open ended terrace in the rain!
Login to get fewer ads

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 18:35 - Nov 7 with 10537 viewsdingdangblue

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 18:19 - Nov 7 by funkkk

Not sure what their allocation was but the stand seemed pretty full though hard to tell with terracing. Can't have been nice watching their team lose to a bunch of cloggers in an open ended terrace in the rain!

That terrace holds just under 1500 apparently - thats how many tickets they got anyway.

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 18:50 - Nov 7 with 10467 viewsToffeemanc

Wonder if Whitey bothered to go.

If he did he's probably dangling from the noose next to Chalky by now.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 21:50 - Nov 7 with 10132 viewsWhiteyBFC

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 18:50 - Nov 7 by Toffeemanc

Wonder if Whitey bothered to go.

If he did he's probably dangling from the noose next to Chalky by now.

Did I chuff.

Watched it online.

Those who did go are heroes. Stood getting soaked watching the worst side in two generations managed by a lad clearly out of his depth.

I have no idea how he remains in situ.

WHAT A SEASON WE'RE HAVING.
Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 21:59 - Nov 7 with 10086 viewsD_Dale

Elderly fans will remember when Dale got re-elected by a whisker above Altrincham to the old fourth division.

Had the vote gone the other way, it's hard to see how Dale would have had other than a non-league future, similar to Gateshead, Workington, Southport, Barrow ...
Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 22:04 - Nov 7 with 10051 viewsDorislove

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 21:59 - Nov 7 by D_Dale

Elderly fans will remember when Dale got re-elected by a whisker above Altrincham to the old fourth division.

Had the vote gone the other way, it's hard to see how Dale would have had other than a non-league future, similar to Gateshead, Workington, Southport, Barrow ...

I wonder what happened to the Grimsby and Luton Voters .
Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 00:16 - Nov 8 with 9798 viewsdingdangblue

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 21:50 - Nov 7 by WhiteyBFC

Did I chuff.

Watched it online.

Those who did go are heroes. Stood getting soaked watching the worst side in two generations managed by a lad clearly out of his depth.

I have no idea how he remains in situ.

WHAT A SEASON WE'RE HAVING.

What happened to the best midfield in lge1 ?

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 00:32 - Nov 8 with 9774 viewsYadHoDale

I remember that.

And I remember the smear campaign by Alty.

Long may The Football League continue to be an Altrincham-free-zone...
Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 01:17 - Nov 8 with 9737 viewsDomDale

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 00:32 - Nov 8 by YadHoDale

I remember that.

And I remember the smear campaign by Alty.

Long may The Football League continue to be an Altrincham-free-zone...

Would love Alty away in r2.

Some of their fans still have some sort of anti Dale sentiment. Which I find odd given the era of promotion from the conference has been in place for the best part of 30 years. If they were destined to be a league club they would have been one by now.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 01:29 - Nov 8 with 9728 viewsDaley_Lama

Anybody we can beat at home in the second round please as we all know the future.

We will draw a struggling Championship team at home in the 3rd round and beat them. I will predict Bolton.

4th round, we will get a Prem team at home. Watford.

Salford City will of course progress to the 3rd round and get Man U.
Bury will get Leicester at home in the 3rd round and lose 6-5.
Northampton will reach the cup semi-final and go out to Sunderland on penalties

Poll: DF in or out

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 02:02 - Nov 8 with 9709 viewsNigeriamark

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 17:55 - Nov 7 by KenBoon

"you'r going home on an organised football coach" - Brilliant
Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 03:15 - Nov 8 with 9681 viewsTalkingSutty

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 01:17 - Nov 8 by DomDale

Would love Alty away in r2.

Some of their fans still have some sort of anti Dale sentiment. Which I find odd given the era of promotion from the conference has been in place for the best part of 30 years. If they were destined to be a league club they would have been one by now.

To be fair, the vote was a foregone conclusion,nothing could save Rochdale this time and the sands of time for the club had run out. Radio Manchester was probably the best source of gaining any news on the goings on at the club, next to the Rochdale Observer (Les Barlow, I think) and they had more or less deemed that Altrinchams wait was over, in fact the whole country had. Everybody seemed happy to welcome them aboard and f*ck little old Rochdale.

Spotland was a mud heap and the ground was falling to pieces, i think even most Dale fans at that time thought the game was up. I distinctly remember listening to Altrinchams fans and their Chairman being interviewed on the radio and they seemed to have accepted that they would be taking Rochdales place in the Football League. Everybody had accepted it, we where finished.

I think it was either Monday or Tuesday afternoon when the news of the vote filtered through and I was again tuned into Radio Manchester, nobody could believe we had managed to retain our league status. This will always be our biggest victory, the most important day in the Clubs history i think, I can't think of a bigger one. The Club in those days was on a constant life support machine and elimination from the league would probably have resulted in us closing down.The surprise and relief was a bit overwhelming, i still remember the feelings even now.

A whole generation of Altrinchams fans have been consigned to a life of non league Football as a result of that 'Nailed on' vote and having worked with one of them they still have a real bitterness towards our club, they have had to live with it for nearly 40 years. They will never get over what happened on that day, it was like we somehow cheated them out of their rightful place, which of course we didnt, we had a bloody great Chairman at the time though which helped!!

Altrincham away in the Cup would be fantastic!!
[Post edited 8 Nov 2015 3:24]
Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 07:36 - Nov 8 with 9590 viewsD_Alien

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 03:15 - Nov 8 by TalkingSutty

To be fair, the vote was a foregone conclusion,nothing could save Rochdale this time and the sands of time for the club had run out. Radio Manchester was probably the best source of gaining any news on the goings on at the club, next to the Rochdale Observer (Les Barlow, I think) and they had more or less deemed that Altrinchams wait was over, in fact the whole country had. Everybody seemed happy to welcome them aboard and f*ck little old Rochdale.

Spotland was a mud heap and the ground was falling to pieces, i think even most Dale fans at that time thought the game was up. I distinctly remember listening to Altrinchams fans and their Chairman being interviewed on the radio and they seemed to have accepted that they would be taking Rochdales place in the Football League. Everybody had accepted it, we where finished.

I think it was either Monday or Tuesday afternoon when the news of the vote filtered through and I was again tuned into Radio Manchester, nobody could believe we had managed to retain our league status. This will always be our biggest victory, the most important day in the Clubs history i think, I can't think of a bigger one. The Club in those days was on a constant life support machine and elimination from the league would probably have resulted in us closing down.The surprise and relief was a bit overwhelming, i still remember the feelings even now.

A whole generation of Altrinchams fans have been consigned to a life of non league Football as a result of that 'Nailed on' vote and having worked with one of them they still have a real bitterness towards our club, they have had to live with it for nearly 40 years. They will never get over what happened on that day, it was like we somehow cheated them out of their rightful place, which of course we didnt, we had a bloody great Chairman at the time though which helped!!

If we're talking about the same year, it was our manager Bob Stokoe who apparently swung the vote. He had a huge amount of goodwill in the game from his time at Sunderland, and went cap (or trilby) in hand and contacted every single chairman with a vote. If my memory serves me correctly, he resigned immediately after we'd retained our league status.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 08:22 - Nov 8 with 9518 viewsTalkingSutty

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 07:36 - Nov 8 by D_Alien

If we're talking about the same year, it was our manager Bob Stokoe who apparently swung the vote. He had a huge amount of goodwill in the game from his time at Sunderland, and went cap (or trilby) in hand and contacted every single chairman with a vote. If my memory serves me correctly, he resigned immediately after we'd retained our league status.

I thought it was more to do with the hospitality offered in the Dale boardroom to visiting Club officials and bottles of whiskey at Christmas. More to do with the warm welcome and the generous nature of Mr Ratcliffe. There could be some truth in what you are saying but that's the first time I have heard of Stokoe being given the credit or going cap in hand to other clubs Chairman.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2015 8:24]
Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 09:33 - Nov 8 with 9406 viewsNigeriamark

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 08:22 - Nov 8 by TalkingSutty

I thought it was more to do with the hospitality offered in the Dale boardroom to visiting Club officials and bottles of whiskey at Christmas. More to do with the warm welcome and the generous nature of Mr Ratcliffe. There could be some truth in what you are saying but that's the first time I have heard of Stokoe being given the credit or going cap in hand to other clubs Chairman.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2015 8:24]

All sorts of stories, rumours about that day. I think we got in by 2 votes. Apparently 2 Chairmen did not make it to vote - not sure if that is true. Rumour also was they would have voted for Altrincham - again not sure if it is true

Fred Ratcliffe will have certainly worked his old boy network especially with the lower league chairmen, but if Stokoe manages to swing just 2 higher league chairmen he would have done his job too.

Anyway it happened, were still in the league and they are not. Probably unjust at the time but I'll take it
Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 10:01 - Nov 8 with 9347 viewsDorislove

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 09:33 - Nov 8 by Nigeriamark

All sorts of stories, rumours about that day. I think we got in by 2 votes. Apparently 2 Chairmen did not make it to vote - not sure if that is true. Rumour also was they would have voted for Altrincham - again not sure if it is true

Fred Ratcliffe will have certainly worked his old boy network especially with the lower league chairmen, but if Stokoe manages to swing just 2 higher league chairmen he would have done his job too.

Anyway it happened, were still in the league and they are not. Probably unjust at the time but I'll take it

http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id
Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 10:07 - Nov 8 with 9316 viewsfunkkk

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 03:15 - Nov 8 by TalkingSutty

Good read that. Living in Alty and knowing a few Alty fans I've never picked up on this supposed anti-dale feeling, maybe it's one for the older generation.
Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 10:40 - Nov 8 with 9250 viewsD_Alien

Barnsley dumped out by Altrincham on 10:01 - Nov 8 by Dorislove

http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id

Absolutely fascinating insight into Football League history that! Cheers!

One name from 1893: Middlesbrough Ironopolis!!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024