Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Christmas message from Mr Dunphy 11:40 - Dec 24 with 4596 viewsroccydaleian

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/the-chairmans-christmas-message-286749
Christmas message from Mr Dunphy on 11:45 - Dec 24 with 4572 viewsNewbury_Dale

Still banging the drum about buying the stadium I see. Seriously dont get this.
Christmas message from Mr Dunphy on 11:48 - Dec 24 with 4553 viewsSuddenLad

If Carlsberg did Chairmens' Christmas messages.....................

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Christmas message from Mr Dunphy (n/t) on 11:48 - Dec 24 with 4551 viewsBazzanne

A very good message from Mr Dunphy. How anyone can whinge about the statement regarding the stadium is beyond me. My best wishes are retuned to the chairman of our great little club.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2015 11:52]
Christmas message from Mr Dunphy on 11:54 - Dec 24 with 4522 viewsrochedale

Christmas message from Mr Dunphy on 11:45 - Dec 24 by Newbury_Dale

What don't you get? He is trying to reassure fans that we are in a stable condition and about to own our own stadium which will allow us to progress. There may be food available in the second half in the Pearl Street and 2 people who serve rather than one who takes money and one who passes the food/drink!

He does state that we are poorly supported and IMO there is so much more work that could be done. I am LinkedIn with both our marketing manager and Bury's and while Frances does an awesome job for us I do feel that Daniel Bowerbank over at Bury is really doing everything possible to attract support and additional revenue.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Christmas message from Mr Dunphy on 12:00 - Dec 24 with 4499 viewsTalkingSutty

Thank you Mr Dunphy and merry Xmas to everybody connected with the Club. Excellent news regarding the Staium purchase , let's finally get it over the finishing line.
Christmas message from Mr Dunphy on 12:03 - Dec 24 with 4486 viewsraadale

In my opinion buying the Stadium is essential. Our crowds are, always have been and always will be woeful. Off the field revenue provided by a properly run stadium with events, functions, conferences etc is essential. Unfortunately off the field revenue is something that in general we're crap at.

Good message though and good to see some communication. Merry Christmas to Mr D and all Dale fans in general... :)
[Post edited 24 Dec 2015 12:03]
Christmas message from Mr Dunphy on 12:08 - Dec 24 with 4462 viewsTVOS1907

Christmas message from Mr Dunphy on 11:45 - Dec 24 by Newbury_Dale

Do you own your own home or do you rent?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Christmas message from Mr Dunphy on 12:10 - Dec 24 with 4456 viewsfitzochris

And there you have it. Word perfect. A chairman who loves the club and has turned it into an economically viable proposition while achieving success on the field too by having a manager who supports the model.

How anyone can not be on board with that, I'll never know.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

Christmas message from Mr Dunphy on 12:51 - Dec 24 with 4359 views442Dale

That's a good read, with a real emphasis on Team Rochdale again. There won't be many supporters who disagree with the way we look to create good footballers which can then be sold on at a profit. It's perfect at a club like Dale.

On the support front it is indeed an age-old problem so not really sure why there was any disappointment in the crowd number on Saturday. In the absence of doing something different (all kids free etc) it was always going to be around that number, in fact it was a couple of hundred more than some predicted!
Hopefully by acknowledging this issue throughout the article, the Chairman and the board will look at supporting something completely different to see if we can impact the crowd numbers. The are plenty of ideas, and I'm sure Frances has loads too, but maybe it is time for trying something that will garner the attention of the town - eg. free (cheap:£20) season tickets for u16s. This is totally off the cuff typing btw, just an example of what could be done, not necessarily what should. We need to be prepared to take the short term financial hit while those finances are sound.

On the subject of the Ratcliffe, has something changed recently that we've missed? It says "During the year, as you may be aware, the club acquired the Ratcliffe Arms public house". Is that different to when the club became tenants in August 2012?
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/ratcliffe-suite-takeover-342798.aspx

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Christmas message from Mr Dunphy on 13:02 - Dec 24 with 4328 views100notout

An excellent message from CD and the very best of wishes to you also. Your tireless efforts are appreciated by all of us (well maybe 99.9% of us - the rest would still find something to moan about no matter what you did.)

Up the Dale!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Christmas message from Mr Dunphy on 13:45 - Dec 24 with 4246 viewsaleanddale

Merry Christmas Chris to you and the board of directors...

You are the finest chairman of all.. Certainly a good fit for the Dale!!

We understand we are low on numbers - please make 2016 a year where as a club we pull together to get the fan base increasing with some creative marketing.

Up the Dale ... Onwards and upwards.
Christmas message from Mr Dunphy on 13:54 - Dec 24 with 4221 viewsD_Alien

It's a good message with probably an added edge this time round. CD has been involved with the Dale since he was old enough to make his way to Spotland; disappointing attendances are a way of life for a Dale fan.

Although the 2200 last Saturday wasn't as bad as some thought it might be (including myself, I should add) when I looked at the other gates in Leagues 1 & 2 no other club seemed to have suffered even a small dip in numbers. I think the gate on Boxing Day will be telling, following this weeks hiatus generated from within the club. I hope those who'd decided not to come along will still reconsider.

Once the stadium is in our hands, and if it's "very close" then I'm expecting something before the end of the season, there's nothing to stop us from pushing on thanks to the brilliant stewardship of our finances through the model he describes.

In a way, we're in uncharted territory here. After our first season in L1 last time we lost KH. After the 68/69 promotion we did ok for a couple of seasons but then it fell apart, but that feels like a different sporting era.

Saturday's gate will tell us if there's been much of a backlash to this weeks events. I'm hoping, not for a White Christmas, but that the club have learned something from this. We are all in it together. Stop the negative interviews. Get the stadium sorted. Make renewed efforts to attract fans, old and new.

Last but not least, retain the services of Keith Hill.

And a very merry Xmas to Chris Dunphy. Well done and let's renew the fight in 2016.

[Post edited 24 Dec 2015 13:57]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Christmas message from Mr Dunphy on 15:10 - Dec 24 with 4092 viewsNewbury_Dale

Christmas message from Mr Dunphy on 12:03 - Dec 24 by raadale

In my opinion buying the Stadium is essential. Our crowds are, always have been and always will be woeful. Off the field revenue provided by a properly run stadium with events, functions, conferences etc is essential. Unfortunately off the field revenue is something that in general we're crap at.

Good message though and good to see some communication. Merry Christmas to Mr D and all Dale fans in general... :)
[Post edited 24 Dec 2015 12:03]

I want to be proved wrong here, but I still don't understand where this blind optimism comes from - the belief that the club will be able to generate any significant corporate revenue from the stadium to make owning it worthwhile. Is there the demand in Rochdale for the sort of events, functions and conferences you're talking about ? I would need convincing on that.

Nothing in our recent commercial history tells me the club will be able to capitalise on this suggested opportunity. Nothing at all. And if the club fails on this, then owning the ground and all the expenses associated with that then potentially becomes a problem.
Christmas message from Mr Dunphy on 15:27 - Dec 24 with 4059 viewsraadale

Christmas message from Mr Dunphy on 12:51 - Dec 24 by 442Dale

That's a good read, with a real emphasis on Team Rochdale again. There won't be many supporters who disagree with the way we look to create good footballers which can then be sold on at a profit. It's perfect at a club like Dale.

On the support front it is indeed an age-old problem so not really sure why there was any disappointment in the crowd number on Saturday. In the absence of doing something different (all kids free etc) it was always going to be around that number, in fact it was a couple of hundred more than some predicted!
Hopefully by acknowledging this issue throughout the article, the Chairman and the board will look at supporting something completely different to see if we can impact the crowd numbers. The are plenty of ideas, and I'm sure Frances has loads too, but maybe it is time for trying something that will garner the attention of the town - eg. free (cheap:£20) season tickets for u16s. This is totally off the cuff typing btw, just an example of what could be done, not necessarily what should. We need to be prepared to take the short term financial hit while those finances are sound.

On the subject of the Ratcliffe, has something changed recently that we've missed? It says "During the year, as you may be aware, the club acquired the Ratcliffe Arms public house". Is that different to when the club became tenants in August 2012?
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/ratcliffe-suite-takeover-342798.aspx

Yes , before they were just tenants of J.W.Lees. They paid rent to lees for the building, The club bought the pub lock, stock and barrel off Lees some months ago so it's now fully owned by the club including the freehold.
Christmas message from Mr Dunphy on 15:34 - Dec 24 with 4042 views442Dale

Christmas message from Mr Dunphy on 15:27 - Dec 24 by raadale

Yes , before they were just tenants of J.W.Lees. They paid rent to lees for the building, The club bought the pub lock, stock and barrel off Lees some months ago so it's now fully owned by the club including the freehold.

Cheers for that.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Christmas message from Mr Dunphy on 15:53 - Dec 24 with 4010 viewsrobbowood

Christmas message from Mr Dunphy on 12:10 - Dec 24 by fitzochris

And there you have it. Word perfect. A chairman who loves the club and has turned it into an economically viable proposition while achieving success on the field too by having a manager who supports the model.

How anyone can not be on board with that, I'll never know.

Absolutely 100% spot on

Long may we continue to have such a magnificent chairman, board of directors and staff

We really are so fortunate compared to the way a lot of other football clubs are run
Christmas message from Mr Dunphy on 17:54 - Dec 24 with 3829 viewsmingthemerciless

Christmas message from Mr Dunphy on 15:10 - Dec 24 by Newbury_Dale

I want to be proved wrong here, but I still don't understand where this blind optimism comes from - the belief that the club will be able to generate any significant corporate revenue from the stadium to make owning it worthwhile. Is there the demand in Rochdale for the sort of events, functions and conferences you're talking about ? I would need convincing on that.

Nothing in our recent commercial history tells me the club will be able to capitalise on this suggested opportunity. Nothing at all. And if the club fails on this, then owning the ground and all the expenses associated with that then potentially becomes a problem.

That's my thinking also. If things can be done to increase the stadium income in the future why haven't they been done in the past and why aren't they being done now ?
Christmas message from Mr Dunphy on 18:21 - Dec 24 with 3766 viewsTVOS1907

Christmas message from Mr Dunphy on 17:54 - Dec 24 by mingthemerciless

That's my thinking also. If things can be done to increase the stadium income in the future why haven't they been done in the past and why aren't they being done now ?

Not easy when the stadium has joint tenants.

For example, it might be possible, with less obstacles put in the way, to get the stadium sponsored if Dale were sole owners. I've no idea if this is on the agenda, but it's one possibility.

Another thought - income from stadium activities (e.g. using the rooms for functions) will go directly to Dale instead of just to the Stadium Company.

I'm no businessman and no financial wizard, but the directors, who all are or have been, wouldn't pursue this if it wasn't a positive for the club.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Christmas message from Mr Dunphy on 18:26 - Dec 24 with 3746 views49thseason

The outright purchase of the Ratcliffe is interesting in as much as it brings the only bit of the stadium site not entirely under the control of the club previously back into the fold. This might be a bit of a left-field suggestion, but I would not be surprised to see a major redevelopment of the main stand to enhance the facilities in quite a big way once the stadium is bought. - Conferencing / banqueting facilities in Rochdale are generally poor and I suspect there is a major opportunity given the available space, perhaps more office and club shop space and more space for team talks, gym etc.
Christmas message from Mr Dunphy on 19:13 - Dec 24 with 3680 viewsMoonyDale

Christmas message from Mr Dunphy on 18:26 - Dec 24 by 49thseason

The outright purchase of the Ratcliffe is interesting in as much as it brings the only bit of the stadium site not entirely under the control of the club previously back into the fold. This might be a bit of a left-field suggestion, but I would not be surprised to see a major redevelopment of the main stand to enhance the facilities in quite a big way once the stadium is bought. - Conferencing / banqueting facilities in Rochdale are generally poor and I suspect there is a major opportunity given the available space, perhaps more office and club shop space and more space for team talks, gym etc.

As far as I am aware and this is from a good source the club do not own the Ratcliffe Arms, one director owns it and the club only receive a small percentage of any profits. This could be incorrect info but I don't believe it to be so.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Christmas message from Mr Dunphy on 20:50 - Dec 24 with 3560 views49thseason

Christmas message from Mr Dunphy on 19:13 - Dec 24 by MoonyDale

As far as I am aware and this is from a good source the club do not own the Ratcliffe Arms, one director owns it and the club only receive a small percentage of any profits. This could be incorrect info but I don't believe it to be so.

You may well be correct but is it not because one of the Directors already has the licences required to own / run a pub? I think one person has to be responsible - in other words, you can't run a pub by committee? I'm not sure but I thnk this is the gist of what I was told! I have no idea about the profits if there are any... can any shareholder comment on this as it should be in the accounts?
Christmas message from Mr Dunphy on 22:38 - Dec 25 with 3158 viewswimborne_dale

re OP, like.

Edgar Allan's Crow

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024