Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Olly Lancs 01:11 - Jan 5 with 1983 viewsmikehunt

Didn't read that he had a particularly stand our performance on Saturday but he was the only Dale player to make it into The Times' team of the week today.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Olly Lancs on 04:48 - Jan 5 with 1942 viewsrichfoad32

I often feel Lancashire gets some unwarranted abuse on here and is made the scapegoat for defeats. In the games I've seen this season he's been no better or worse than anyone else, even when we've lost, At the end of the day we've one of the better defensive records in the division with only 27 conceded in 24 games (2 of them in a game Eastham started) and we wouldn't be able to do this if we were carrying someone. There is summat to be said for continuity at the back and he's even chipped in with a couple of goals recently, albeit from a combined distance of about 3 yards.
Olly Lancs on 07:04 - Jan 5 with 1880 viewsTalkingSutty

Olly Lancs on 04:48 - Jan 5 by richfoad32

I often feel Lancashire gets some unwarranted abuse on here and is made the scapegoat for defeats. In the games I've seen this season he's been no better or worse than anyone else, even when we've lost, At the end of the day we've one of the better defensive records in the division with only 27 conceded in 24 games (2 of them in a game Eastham started) and we wouldn't be able to do this if we were carrying someone. There is summat to be said for continuity at the back and he's even chipped in with a couple of goals recently, albeit from a combined distance of about 3 yards.

Good post. Lancashires proved to be a good servant, like most centre halves at this level he is better when just defending. I don't think there's much between him and Eastham, alongside them both big Jims been rock solid for the majority of the season.
Olly Lancs on 07:18 - Jan 5 with 1863 views1907

Olly Lancs on 04:48 - Jan 5 by richfoad32

I'm not being funny mate but you're not watching the games properly if you think that. I've said it before and I'll say that again, Lancashire is probably the poorest centre half we've had in the Hill era. He is weak in the tackle and in the air. Lacks leadership and communication with all around him and is nearly always directly involved when we concede. Eastham is a far, FAR superior centre half yet I can't for the life of me understand Hill's logic on this one.
Olly Lancs on 08:31 - Jan 5 with 1756 viewsSimpkinsLeftPeg

Completely agree with the second poster, the way some people went on (poster above for example) you'd think he was a complete liability. Our defensive record proves this just isn't the case.

He's by no means the best centre half we've had, but certainly by no means the worst. He's not the most graceful runner with or without the ball and I think people mistake this for nervousness/lack of ability.

Eastham was excellent last season, but because of our defensive record, Lancashire hasn't done anything to deserve to be dropped. In fact when Lancs was left out the side Eastham didn't have the best of games either!

I'm more than happy to have him alongside McNulty, they've made a good pairing this season.
Olly Lancs on 09:16 - Jan 5 with 1690 viewsD_Alien

Back to the OP...

Suspect it's just lazy journalism by the Times. The person responsible for putting the team of the week together will have noted Rochdale's brilliant result and decided he'd have to include at least one Daley. Last season, Olly featured in an article (in the Sunday Times) before our game against Stoke because he played alongside some stars like Gareth Bale when in youth team football. (Olly wasn't even selected in that cup tie.) But the journo will probably have run a search for articles and picked him out.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024