Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best away day Atmosphere 22:20 - Feb 4 with 13427 viewsStreety1996

What's the best away day Atmosphere you've experienced, mine would have to be Wembley, Bury away (place was full an hour before kick off) 2007/08 and Newport 2013/14

Poll: Lillis or Logan?

Best away day Atmosphere on 07:16 - Feb 5 with 3151 viewsTVOS1907

Best away day Atmosphere on 01:09 - Feb 5 by Buryyyy

Rochdale and atmosphere are two words that are rarely put in the same sentance. Can never remember you making any noise at Spotland or Gigg Lane. Was like a morgue in the away end in October and at Spotland in December.

I dare say the atmosphere was better at Bury v Walsall last week when we were 3-0 down. In fact Gigg is getting a reputation as one of the best grounds for atmosphere in the league.

Anyway talking of away games, City in 98 was special. Bolton at burnden when we wacked em 3-1 was electric too, doubt Rochdale will ever come close to that.

More recently.. Hard to look past this..

[Post edited 5 Feb 2016 1:22]

Right on cue....

What's a sentance, Stef?

You didn't play Walsall last week. Your opponents were Hull.

'Gigg Lane is getting a reputation for one of the best atmospheres in the league'

Is it? Where is this title being bestowed upon you? Then again, I suppose if chucking flares, golf balls and batteries counts as 'atmosphere', you're right up there.

Still, at least your club like it and won't think about relocating away fans to another part of the ground to keep them safe....

Anyway, so good of you to bother with our board at ten past one in the morning, particularly on a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with bury. #obsessed

And as I've asked before, are you REALLY of an age to have been watching football in the 1990s, because your posts are like those of a teenager?
[Post edited 5 Feb 2016 7:30]

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Best away day Atmosphere on 08:20 - Feb 5 with 3076 viewsDerekHall5

Halifax away when Jason Peake scored that over head kick. (Does anyone have a clip of that?)
Best away day Atmosphere on 08:23 - Feb 5 with 3068 viewsTVOS1907

Best away day Atmosphere on 08:20 - Feb 5 by DerekHall5

Halifax away when Jason Peake scored that over head kick. (Does anyone have a clip of that?)

I think I have on a video at home. Will have a look tonight.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Best away day Atmosphere on 09:10 - Feb 5 with 3038 viewsleedsdale

Best away day Atmosphere on 07:16 - Feb 5 by TVOS1907

Right on cue....

What's a sentance, Stef?

You didn't play Walsall last week. Your opponents were Hull.

'Gigg Lane is getting a reputation for one of the best atmospheres in the league'

Is it? Where is this title being bestowed upon you? Then again, I suppose if chucking flares, golf balls and batteries counts as 'atmosphere', you're right up there.

Still, at least your club like it and won't think about relocating away fans to another part of the ground to keep them safe....

Anyway, so good of you to bother with our board at ten past one in the morning, particularly on a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with bury. #obsessed

And as I've asked before, are you REALLY of an age to have been watching football in the 1990s, because your posts are like those of a teenager?
[Post edited 5 Feb 2016 7:30]

http://www.the92.net/stats/league-one/atmosphere

This article must have passed him by
Best away day Atmosphere on 09:32 - Feb 5 with 3007 viewslurker

Best away day Atmosphere on 09:10 - Feb 5 by leedsdale

http://www.the92.net/stats/league-one/atmosphere

This article must have passed him by

The two extra visits Spotland received have obviously skewed the data!
Best away day Atmosphere on 10:24 - Feb 5 with 2964 viewsmikehunt

Best away day Atmosphere on 22:41 - Feb 4 by SuddenLad

This one takes some beating, though the Burnley (9 men) probably edges it.

Layer Road. Colchester 2 Rochdale 5 Oh how we danced..........

http://coludata.co.uk/item.php?pg=matchesplayed&fplyShowAll=true&fdfaShowAll=tru

I was there. Ooh Ah! Who needs Cantona When we've got Shaunie Reid

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Best away day Atmosphere on 10:48 - Feb 5 with 2926 viewsfermin

Best away day Atmosphere on 10:24 - Feb 5 by mikehunt

I was there. Ooh Ah! Who needs Cantona When we've got Shaunie Reid

4-4 the previous season as well. I was at both!

http://coludata.co.uk/item.php?pg=match&pd=1022&sort=sopp&order=asc&fsea=all&frt
Best away day Atmosphere on 10:58 - Feb 5 with 2913 viewsmikehunt

Ha! I went the season after - when it was 0-0

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Login to get fewer ads

Best away day Atmosphere on 11:13 - Feb 5 with 2873 viewsTVOS1907

Best away day Atmosphere on 10:48 - Feb 5 by fermin

4-4 the previous season as well. I was at both!

http://coludata.co.uk/item.php?pg=match&pd=1022&sort=sopp&order=asc&fsea=all&frt

Same here. Classic games.

Best away day Atmosphere on 11:21 - Feb 5 with 2860 viewsTTNYear

I remember the Stockport game being ok for atmosphere but only until we made it 'safe'. I do recall thinking at half time we still need another goal.

One of my favourites that's not been mentioned is the 2-1 Cardiff away win and Alan Reeves thumping a last minute header in. Went crazy then had to calm down for the walk as we mingled with the welsh hoards.

Great night out.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Best away day Atmosphere on 11:30 - Feb 5 with 2844 viewsdingdangblue

Best away day Atmosphere on 11:21 - Feb 5 by TTNYear

I remember the Stockport game being ok for atmosphere but only until we made it 'safe'. I do recall thinking at half time we still need another goal.

One of my favourites that's not been mentioned is the 2-1 Cardiff away win and Alan Reeves thumping a last minute header in. Went crazy then had to calm down for the walk as we mingled with the welsh hoards.

Great night out.

Chester 2 Dale 3 was a cracker too for atmosphere / superb game. On a Friday night with Lambert and Holt doing what they did best.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Best away day Atmosphere on 11:56 - Feb 5 with 2795 viewsSwissdale

Bury away about 15 years ago was good - can't remember the year but it was when all the Santa's turned up and half of them got chucked out.

The Shay was always a good place to make noise as well.
Best away day Atmosphere on 12:43 - Feb 5 with 2725 viewsD_Alien

Our 2-1 win at Crewe in May 79 to escape the re-election places still resonates. The Dale support that night was fan..tastic.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Best away day Atmosphere on 14:19 - Feb 5 with 2641 views1mark1

Best away day Atmosphere on 12:43 - Feb 5 by D_Alien

Our 2-1 win at Crewe in May 79 to escape the re-election places still resonates. The Dale support that night was fan..tastic.

Agree, cracking evening.
Always enjoyed our visits to Halifax, and Burnley for atmosphere.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Best away day Atmosphere on 15:05 - Feb 5 with 2600 views14bowlers

Leyton orient away. Won 3_2 with ten men. Dawson's ball to Done was great ,and so was the goal. Supporters never stopped singing all day.well worth the train journey. Great day out.
Best away day Atmosphere on 16:19 - Feb 5 with 2260 viewsSalwaDale

Great thread.

Thinking just about best away atmosphere rather than best away game, I think I'd possibly go for Chester away when McEvilly scored and dived in the snow. Horrible place to create an atmosphere but there was one that night.

Notable mentions to Bristol Rovers away, Barnet away when we went up, Blackpool away when Big Willo went in goal, Wembley, Birmingham, Barnsley, Bury when Kevin Rose scored (I know he didn't but I swear it crossed the line) and Wolves in the cup.

TBBT

Best away day Atmosphere on 16:31 - Feb 5 with 2229 viewsShun

The Accrington 4-2 (Higgy from the halfway line) and Morecambe 3-3 stand out for me too.

I always remember a game at Mansfield a few years ago that stood out for its atmosphere. There was a lot of singing about a steward's tie, and about Gary Jones (some sort of record appearance he broke or something). It was also when I discovered who LeFondler is!
Best away day Atmosphere on 16:42 - Feb 5 with 2217 viewsColDale

Enjoyed Hartlepool away on the Friday night during the first season of our last League 1 spell. Think a lot of the away end had enjoyed a scoop or two beforehand.
Best away day Atmosphere on 17:37 - Feb 5 with 2162 viewsChaffRAFC

Bradford in the promotion season when we went top of the league was absolutely immense.

Also, it has to be said, the day we got relegated away at Chesterfield was special as well, I'd never seen such unity from a Dale support before that.

Also worth mentioning the last game of the season away at Plymouth when we needed to win to get in the playoffs but drew 0-0. We never stopped singing that day.

Blackpool this season was ace as well, Viva Donaldo!

As for Wembley, I thought the entire thing was a let down. The stadium was too big, the Dale support was too spread out, the result was sh!t and I just didn't enjoy it at all. I'd have given anything to have gone to the old Wembley.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Best away day Atmosphere on 17:44 - Feb 5 with 2137 views442Dale

Best away day Atmosphere on 16:19 - Feb 5 by SalwaDale

Great thread.

Thinking just about best away atmosphere rather than best away game, I think I'd possibly go for Chester away when McEvilly scored and dived in the snow. Horrible place to create an atmosphere but there was one that night.

Notable mentions to Bristol Rovers away, Barnet away when we went up, Blackpool away when Big Willo went in goal, Wembley, Birmingham, Barnsley, Bury when Kevin Rose scored (I know he didn't but I swear it crossed the line) and Wolves in the cup.

That Bury game is a good one, pandemonium when Rose/the no.2 scored.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Best away day Atmosphere on 18:08 - Feb 5 with 2098 viewspioneer

Best away day Atmosphere on 17:37 - Feb 5 by ChaffRAFC

Bradford in the promotion season when we went top of the league was absolutely immense.

Also, it has to be said, the day we got relegated away at Chesterfield was special as well, I'd never seen such unity from a Dale support before that.

Also worth mentioning the last game of the season away at Plymouth when we needed to win to get in the playoffs but drew 0-0. We never stopped singing that day.

As for Wembley, I thought the entire thing was a let down. The stadium was too big, the Dale support was too spread out, the result was sh!t and I just didn't enjoy it at all. I'd have given anything to have gone to the old Wembley.

and it pissed down all day
Best away day Atmosphere on 18:20 - Feb 5 with 2077 viewsdingdangblue

The old Wembley was shitter! I think if we had all been seated together like Stockport seemed to be it would have been a lot better. Losing didn't help either.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Best away day Atmosphere on 18:38 - Feb 5 with 2045 viewsDickydaler

You're right about that Chesterfield match, Chaff. It was quite special in a strange sort of way, and even stranger when you think it was 'soft lad' in charge at the time!
The Stockport match was pretty good too, but at half time, when they had pulled a couple back, I was convinced we were going to cock it up.
Liverpool was the worst day of my life; you could feel any atmosphere slowly draining away with each goal conceded. But the two that always stand out for me for atmosphere is certainly the Newport game and that 2.0 win at Southampton; I thought I was going to explode when Gary Jones scored!
Best away day Atmosphere on 19:25 - Feb 5 with 1990 viewsSalwaDale

Best away day Atmosphere on 17:44 - Feb 5 by 442Dale

That Bury game is a good one, pandemonium when Rose/the no.2 scored.

The no.2 - haha. Always was your favourite. Anyway, it was clearly in from Rose - I can see it now.

TBBT

Best away day Atmosphere on 19:35 - Feb 5 with 1975 viewsShun

I was going to mention that Chesterfield match, and I completely agree about the unity. A slightly surreal but ultimately good atmosphere.

Also agree with you about Blackpool this year. The weather helped!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024