Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crewe v Dale 20:30 - Feb 6 with 2239 viewsdingdangblue

All those missed chances.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/rochdale/10158512/cre

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Crewe v Dale on 20:43 - Feb 6 with 2176 viewsLuke8686

That first goal makes me f**king cringe.
Crewe v Dale on 20:47 - Feb 6 with 2157 views442Dale

Really don't know why Hendesron didn't go back across the goal with that first half header - stick it back where it came from.

First goal: Lund and Camps(think it's him) appear to be challenging each other to do nowt! It was worse than at the game, and that was bad enough.

Second goal: yes Vincenti gave the ball away, but our centre halves are so poorly positioned. Watch Lancashire's step towards the play when he should recognise the gap and head that way to close it.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2016 20:58]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Crewe v Dale on 20:58 - Feb 6 with 2109 viewsfitzochris

Both goals are f**king abysmal. I find myself saying that a lot this season. I can handle defeat but not when it's calamitous.

The lad looks almost as surprised as us at the ease of which he ended up with the ball for the first goal.

And, as 442 says, Vincenti losing possession is only a part of a catalogue of errors for the second.

The fact that we couldn't stick it away at the other end only exacerbates the problem.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2016 23:05]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Crewe v Dale on 22:11 - Feb 6 with 1994 views49thseason

Another goal from confusion on the edge of the 6-yard box. Keeper dancing on the line, defenders beaten by the bounce... no one taking charge... the story of too many goals conceded this season so far.
The second goal - looks to me as if McNulty was too close to the touchline as their lad started to charge through and got left in no-mans-land marking nobody and too far out to get back inside and cover the break. If he had been positioned more centrally to start with he would have got a tackle in. Equally, you could argue that Lancashire should have been more central when McNulty was out wide on the left.
Crewe v Dale on 22:38 - Feb 6 with 1929 viewsstuartcryer

Crewe v Dale on 20:43 - Feb 6 by Luke8686

That first goal makes me f**king cringe.

5 players front post who is coaching these players no one got to the ball , no one was picking a man up what is going on , but we dare to question . Why do we having to ask these questions this has been our downfall all season ,so why no improvement

wardle blue

Crewe v Dale on 23:34 - Feb 6 with 1858 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Real "Behind the sofa stuff" to watch.
Crewe v Dale on 23:38 - Feb 6 with 1851 viewshowy10

Just seen the first goal on TV. Horrific defending. The two players just stood and watched and did absolutely nothing. Watched many games over the years, never saw anything like it.
Crewe v Dale on 00:24 - Feb 7 with 1791 viewsfitzochris

I've thought for a while now that there is no organisation at the back. No aggression. No one there to sort people out. Hilly's post-match comments, for once, suggest he acknowledges this, too.

He's clearly not afraid to ring the changes elsewhere on the pitch, as McDermott's recent disappearance suggests, so I do think we'll see a shake up at the back.

Some will say it's too little too late, but I would say better late than never.

It's frustrating nothing other than Syers happened in January to help freshen things up, but, again, I reckon things will happen on that front in the coming weeks, too.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

Crewe v Dale on 01:26 - Feb 7 with 1749 viewsDaley_Lama

For those not there, the build up to Crewe getting the corner that led to the corner that led to the first goal was about as bad as the defending on the goal itself.

Crewe looked a solid outfit. They are not going to get promoted but they might well stay up.

We huffed and puffed second half but credit to them, our shots were from distance and i remember only 2 real chances, one straight after HT and once where Hendo had winkeled his way through.

Poll: DF in or out

Crewe v Dale on 11:38 - Feb 7 with 1538 viewsBrierls

Shocking defending yet again. I can't get my head around how a team can be so woeful at defending set pieces over and over again.

Lancashire? I'm trying to be respectful to a player who played well during our promotion season, but he is simply not good enough and completely out of his depth at this level. Those highlights have just shown him in an even worse light than at the game. Skipping past his 'defending' of the corner, just watch him jog back towards the middle of the area after Inman breaks through (awful touch from Vincenti). Look at the Crewe player bombing down the left. Lancashire makes no effort to sprint back to catch Inman, which is fair enough cause he wasn't going to catch him, but there is absolutely zero awareness or thought about a save, squared ball, rebound, or f**king anything resembling stopping a goal from being conceeded! Inman could have hit that across Lillis, been saved, and their lad would have had a simple tap in with Lancashire still 10 yards away!!!! It's simple, basic, elementary defending for christs sake.
Crewe v Dale on 12:33 - Feb 7 with 1456 viewshxdale

Embarrassing, Div 2 stuff... Can see it coming.. We have got to see changes on Tuesday eve...

Raff, Eastham, Bennett, Tom Kennedy
Crewe v Dale on 12:47 - Feb 7 with 1422 viewsTVOS1907

Crewe v Dale on 12:33 - Feb 7 by hxdale

Embarrassing, Div 2 stuff... Can see it coming.. We have got to see changes on Tuesday eve...

Raff, Eastham, Bennett, Tom Kennedy

We aren't playing on Tuesday.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Crewe v Dale on 12:50 - Feb 7 with 1415 viewsdalestats

Lancashire isn't league 1 quality, easy as that.

Poll: Remain in the eu

Crewe v Dale on 13:26 - Feb 7 with 1337 viewsdawlishdale

Crewe v Dale on 20:47 - Feb 6 by 442Dale

Really don't know why Hendesron didn't go back across the goal with that first half header - stick it back where it came from.

First goal: Lund and Camps(think it's him) appear to be challenging each other to do nowt! It was worse than at the game, and that was bad enough.

Second goal: yes Vincenti gave the ball away, but our centre halves are so poorly positioned. Watch Lancashire's step towards the play when he should recognise the gap and head that way to close it.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2016 20:58]

Lund was partly to blame for both goals yesterday. Statuesque at the front post for the first one and also failed to make any sort of challenge after Vincenti cocked up for the second one.

Also coming in for criticism would be Camps and Lancashire for the first goal and McNulty & Lancashire for the second goal.

My worry is that the players are not learning from these mistakes. Time and time again we see no movement or communication between players when defending set plays coming into our penalty area. This leads me to conclude that the personnel are either not good enough, or more likely, the standard of coaching they get is not good enough..

Who takes the coaching sessions normally? Have we had a change from last season when it was primarily Beech and Hilly taking things. Whatever is happening, it's clearly not working as our set play defending gets worse month on month.
Crewe v Dale on 15:13 - Feb 7 with 1254 viewsfinberty

Crewe v Dale on 13:26 - Feb 7 by dawlishdale

Lund was partly to blame for both goals yesterday. Statuesque at the front post for the first one and also failed to make any sort of challenge after Vincenti cocked up for the second one.

Also coming in for criticism would be Camps and Lancashire for the first goal and McNulty & Lancashire for the second goal.

My worry is that the players are not learning from these mistakes. Time and time again we see no movement or communication between players when defending set plays coming into our penalty area. This leads me to conclude that the personnel are either not good enough, or more likely, the standard of coaching they get is not good enough..

Who takes the coaching sessions normally? Have we had a change from last season when it was primarily Beech and Hilly taking things. Whatever is happening, it's clearly not working as our set play defending gets worse month on month.

Is this still the 'zonal marking' thing that people have been talking about all season?

It looked to me more like Subbuteo; umpteen static people glued to their position, arms slightly outstretched in amazement as Crewe attacked the ball.

It has to be changed - Hill's best partnership as a Dale defender (imho) was with the resolute Alan Johnson. Are there no similarly effective defenders around these days?
Crewe v Dale on 23:17 - Feb 7 with 1063 viewszxcvbnm

Defensively we've been wayward all season. With kh being a central defender I'm surprised at this. Whether this is down to a lack of confidence in the keeper by the centre backs, lack of ability in the centre backs , poor coaching. I wonder whether the lack of an experienced sports scientist has been problematic as well.

Poll: Best loanee keeper

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024